SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4419
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Electriking » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:30 am

Taycamgame wrote:So i would screenshot a section of my map, and save the screenshot as something like tile-1. But then i can't use tile-1 as it is just a screenshot?
It will appear on the map tiles as tile 1, but it should be large. Also making these large tiles will allow you to use more than 400 custom map GFX on a single map if you want/need those.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1311
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:35 am

Electriking wrote:
Taycamgame wrote:So i would screenshot a section of my map, and save the screenshot as something like tile-1. But then i can't use tile-1 as it is just a screenshot?
It will appear on the map tiles as tile 1, but it should be large. Also making these large tiles will allow you to use more than 400 custom map GFX on a single map if you want/need those.
That's not quite what i meant - let's say i call this screenshot tile-1, it would replace the tile-1 graphic so i wouldn't be able to use the actual tile-1 in the map. Basically every time i would try to use the original tile-1 it would be a screenshot of a massive chunk of tiles. How would i resolve this?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
Image
Image
Image
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 33#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4419
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Electriking » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:51 am

Taycamgame wrote:
Electriking wrote:
Taycamgame wrote:So i would screenshot a section of my map, and save the screenshot as something like tile-1. But then i can't use tile-1 as it is just a screenshot?
It will appear on the map tiles as tile 1, but it should be large. Also making these large tiles will allow you to use more than 400 custom map GFX on a single map if you want/need those.
That's not quite what i meant - let's say i call this screenshot tile-1, it would replace the tile-1 graphic so i wouldn't be able to use the actual tile-1 in the map. Basically every time i would try to use the original tile-1 it would be a screenshot of a massive chunk of tiles. How would i resolve this?
I guess you could design the maps in a separate .wld file, screenshot it and put in the .wld for the episode.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1311
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:55 am

Good idea, hopefully Beta 4 makes the limits less of a pain. I really don't know how i got to 10,000 tiles before starting world 4's map.
EDIT: Btw, if i use this method on paths and level tiles do they still function properly?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
Image
Image
Image
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 33#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4419
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Electriking » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:17 pm

Taycamgame wrote:Good idea, hopefully Beta 4 makes the limits less of a pain. I really don't know how i got to 10,000 tiles before starting world 4's map.
EDIT: Btw, if i use this method on paths and level tiles do they still function properly?
No. The only reason it works on tiles is because there is no interaction with them. Levels and paths would not fuction properly since you would be trying to get multiple paths and levels into 1 level/path, which does not work. If you tried it on scenery tiles, then a paths that go into the scenery tile will just delete all the scenery.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1311
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:57 pm

Thanks for the info. I decided to just remake my whole world map, and instead of spreading out the worlds i put them closer together, meaning less water tile usage.
How do i get a signature on my profile?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
Image
Image
Image
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 33#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4419
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Electriking » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:06 pm

Your username at the top -> profile -> edit profile -> edit signature
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1311
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:33 pm

So i created a signature that was supposed to include the logo for my episode, but all that it shows is the word "Image" where i put the link to the image on Imgur. How to solve this? This the link: https://imgur.com/DeB9Iob
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
Image
Image
Image
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 33#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby PixelPest » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Taycamgame wrote:So i created a signature that was supposed to include the logo for my episode, but all that it shows is the word "Image" where i put the link to the image on Imgur. How to solve this? This the link: https://imgur.com/DeB9Iob
You need to copy the direct link. You'll know it's the correct one if it has the file extension in it as well as i.imgur.com

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1311
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:51 pm

EDIT: OK, sorted that issue. But my pic doesn't have a link to my project page - how do i make that happen without having to put the link separate from the image?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
Image
Image
Image
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 33#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby PixelPest » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:47 pm

Taycamgame wrote:EDIT: OK, sorted that issue. But my pic doesn't have a link to my project page - how do i make that happen without having to put the link separate from the image?

Code: Select all

[url="URL"][img]IMAGE[/img][/url]

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1311
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:08 pm

So i'm making an above water beach level with cheep cheeps. How do i make them jump out of the water?
EDIT: Never mind, found it - Cheep Cheep Algorithm.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
Image
Image
Image
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 33#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

User avatar
MQRLZ
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:02 pm
Chat Username: MQRLZ

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby MQRLZ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:13 pm

I like it, but obviously as this is a Beta, it needs some things fixed. One of this things would be the lack of a proper "SMBX Menu", that can only be accesed by quitting the game you're currently in and going to the title screen. Maybe make a button to fix that?
Image

Probably going to play a lot of Touhou this year, don't count with me.


PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby PixelPest » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:36 pm

MQRLZ wrote:I like it, but obviously as this is a Beta, it needs some things fixed. One of this things would be the lack of a proper "SMBX Menu", that can only be accesed by quitting the game you're currently in and going to the title screen. Maybe make a button to fix that?
I'm not sure what you mean but there is one

ben
Rex
Rex
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby ben » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:39 pm

HenryRichard wrote:F4 will toggle stretch mode - if you really prefer the way that looks go ahead and change it.
Thanks HenryRichard. Just what I was looking for. (This view I was used to from SMBX 1.3.0.1). :)

I think that looks not too stretched by this view. :)

Of course, everyone can think otherwise. :)

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1311
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:59 pm

So i was just looking through the different koopas and found this: The SMB3 Red Koopa Troopa has a "Special Option Value" that can be set to an NPC - but i can't seem to work out what this does.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
Image
Image
Image
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 33#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4419
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Electriking » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:06 pm

PixelPest wrote:
MQRLZ wrote:I like it, but obviously as this is a Beta, it needs some things fixed. One of this things would be the lack of a proper "SMBX Menu", that can only be accesed by quitting the game you're currently in and going to the title screen. Maybe make a button to fix that?
I'm not sure what you mean but there is one
I think he is talking about the 1.3 menu being only accessed by quitting the episode you are playing (basically the one that is planned on being removed iirc).
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1311
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:50 am

Is autoscroll functional in 2.0? I tried using it in section 1, but it just makes the player start at the end of the level. How do i use it without lua?
EDIT: Btw, if i could also have the lunalua code for autoscroll then that would be useful.
EDIT 2: Got it sorted, forgot that you had to set the section size in "Section Settings" events tab.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
Image
Image
Image
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 33#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

ben
Rex
Rex
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby ben » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:31 am

I coud not only read elements in the programm settings of the software. Also, for example, in the NPC area for the generator and when I am closing a level.

I have downloaded the software from the offical website.

I am using Windows 10 64 bit. My friend has the same version of the software and uses Windows 7 64 bit.
SMBX 2 Beta 3 is the only software where this problems appears. :(

I could not upload the screenshots to show you my problems. (I don't know why). :(


I will be pleased if anyone can help me.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:43 am

PixelPest wrote:
MQRLZ wrote:I like it, but obviously as this is a Beta, it needs some things fixed. One of this things would be the lack of a proper "SMBX Menu", that can only be accesed by quitting the game you're currently in and going to the title screen. Maybe make a button to fix that?
I'm not sure what you mean but there is one
This seems to be referring to the in-game menu where you can adjust your controls and such. However, since this menu is too hard to manipulate, we're instead going to use the SMBX2 launcher for everything you can currently do with the in-game menu.

I wish that a "episode switcher" of some sort might exist, though. Switching between episodes on SMBX would be a pain if the menu were totally removed.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)


Return to “Archives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest