SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Electriking » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:17 am

Nuclearboy456 wrote:Why this is beta?
Because it's still under development and has not reached a stage where the developers want to call it a full game. There are some bugs (although the game is stable enough that it should not be a problem).
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:26 am

We haven't yet implemented everything we want to implement for the full version.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Amyrakunejo
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Lady Fair Gamer
Current Project: Crystal Guardians (VX Ace), retro gaming binge, Custom TrackMania courses via TMInfinity
Chat Username: Amyrakunejo

Postby Amyrakunejo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:14 am

I have a feeling that Beta 4 will be the last Beta. Correct or not, it has been a long road to this point...
Amyrakunejo, Lady Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:02 am

Amyrakunejo wrote:I have a feeling that Beta 4 will be the last Beta. Correct or not, it has been a long road to this point...
Devs don't even know if it'll be the last beta afaik so I don't know how you would

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:49 am

But let's make a little guess, how many things do you the think the full, final version will have compared to the amount of things currently in Beta 3?
And how long will it be till we see something that could be called the final version?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:17 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Amyrakunejo wrote:I have a feeling that Beta 4 will be the last Beta. Correct or not, it has been a long road to this point...
Devs don't even know if it'll be the last beta afaik so I don't know how you would
Actually, I remember talking with either Hoeloe or Rednaxela before about this particular subject, and Beta 4 is hopefully going to be the last beta.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:23 pm

Zha Hong Lang wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
Actually, I remember talking with either Hoeloe or Rednaxela before about this particular subject, and Beta 4 is hopefully going to be the last beta.
Hopefully but not guaranteed depending on tech. I think there was discussion around release Beta 4 sooner without some stuff and do Beta 5+ or wait longer for Beta 4 at some point. Never saw the end of the discussion though

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:20 pm

Zha Hong Lang wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
I recall recently we moved character stuff to post-beta 4 and since we want to shorten the time between releases it would be sensible to give that stuff its own release.
ImageImageImageImage

Amyrakunejo
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Lady Fair Gamer
Current Project: Crystal Guardians (VX Ace), retro gaming binge, Custom TrackMania courses via TMInfinity
Chat Username: Amyrakunejo

Postby Amyrakunejo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:08 pm

Will there be music added to the base game, and if so, are there free slots for adding music?

I have a ton of spc files, if anyone is interested...
Amyrakunejo, Lady Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...

Nuclearboy456
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Chat Username: Russell

Postby Nuclearboy456 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:27 pm

I downloading it, The browser is darn slowly.

Teemster2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:01 am

Amyrakunejo wrote:Given I cannot get the game to run (my hardware is to blame), I can not test the in-game part.
I have a 5 year old laptop and the game runs fine for me. One of the testing modes is slow but they have multiple modes and the F5 one I think it is works great for me. I have Beta3 with no issues. Before B3 I had lot's of crashes but that has all dissipated. Why can't your computer/laptop run the game?
Enjl wrote:
Zha Hong Lang wrote:
PixelPest wrote: Devs don't even know if it'll be the last beta afaik so I don't know how you would
I recall recently we moved character stuff to post-beta 4 and since we want to shorten the time between releases it would be sensible to give that stuff its own release.

So I take it as there will be multiple beta's which is fine and expected since there is still a lot that can be added to the game. I have no problem waiting for a longer release date for the beta's or the final release if it means more content.

I saw you made some progress on the NPC sheet. Thanks for making a para winged dry bones. I am really looking forward to that. Now if we could get a para winged hammer brother that would be awesome. Will have to wait and see if anyone wants to claim that one.

For those that don't know here is the resource claims sheet listing many of the new things being added for Beta4. The NPC sheet for example shows a list of all NPC's completed or being worked on. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Nuclearboy456 wrote:I downloading it, The browser is darn slowly.

It may be your internet connection or computer. My laptop downloaded Beta3 just fine for me and it was not a very long wait.
Amyrakunejo wrote:Will there be music added to the base game, and if so, are there free slots for adding music?

What is an spc file? I get my music from you tube and I have not heard of an spc file before.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: SMBX2

Postby The0x539 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:50 am

Teemster2 wrote:the resource claims sheet listing
Resource clams sheet.

Dr Vivian
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Kelp World 2

Postby Dr Vivian » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:08 am

The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the resource claims sheet listing
Resource clams sheet.
What is a resource clam? The clams that mermaids use to make their outfits?

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:31 am

Amyrakunejo wrote:Will there be music added to the base game, and if so, are there free slots for adding music?

Not necessary as you can easily add custom muscic and there is are no limits as to how many can be used in a level or episode. It would be nice if custom map music was available without needing to replace existing music with a .ini file though, as can be done with level music.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:00 am

I looked at the resource claims sheet, and alot of things in pipeline are available for beta 3 like maverick thwomp etc. But alot of things in the pipeline are not in beta 3 - are they the things that are going to be added in beta 4? What does pipeline even mean?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:46 am

Taycamgame wrote:I looked at the resource claims sheet, and alot of things in pipeline are available for beta 3 like maverick thwomp etc. But alot of things in the pipeline are not in beta 3 - are they the things that are going to be added in beta 4? What does pipeline even mean?
Some things in beta 3 are being changed and improved. Pipeline means that it is completed and ready to be included in beta 4 (or essentially confirmed).

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:56 am

I think it would be best to not fill new music slots with anything once the array is extended, but leaving them open for episode-wide modification through music.ini. That said, that extension is unlikely to happen anytime soon as there are more important things. The game lets you use more than enough music per episode already, this isn't a "must have" in any way.
ImageImageImageImage

robotroop
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Chat Username: Darkman

Postby robotroop » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:20 am

My antivirus has deleted this yesterday after the game has worked since the beginning of beta 3 and now even redownloading it, three most crucial files to get it to work are deleted expecially the launcher so I am hoping that in beta 4 there will be away for this to work without my nortion deleting it. Also thank you for this game as I have enjoyed it.

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:25 am

robotroop wrote:My antivirus has deleted this yesterday after the game has worked since the beginning of beta 3 and now even redownloading it, three most crucial files to get it to work are deleted expecially the launcher so I am hoping that in beta 4 there will be away for this to work without my nortion deleting it. Also thank you for this game as I have enjoyed it.
Beta 4 won't act any differently. Get a better antivirus or momentarily set it on a lower security level while downloading SMBX and maybe make it ignore those files if possible

Thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Embrance the dorkness
Current Project: World domination

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:15 pm

robotroop wrote:My antivirus has deleted this yesterday after the game has worked since the beginning of beta 3 and now even redownloading it, three most crucial files to get it to work are deleted expecially the launcher so I am hoping that in beta 4 there will be away for this to work without my nortion deleting it. Also thank you for this game as I have enjoyed it.
You should look for a better antivirus, considering that Norton is a strong candidate for the worst antivirus for the latest versions of windows.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature
Read the worst webcomic on the forums!
My greatest forum achievement:

Return to “Archives”