SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby PixelPest » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:22 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:Speaking of Mega Man... Why can y'all, (The SMBX2 Beta 3 Staff), make a specific cheat for Mega Man to jump higher and farther? :idea:
There's literally already cheats that do that and for any character

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Artemis008 wrote:
Enjl wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:I have three questions.
1.Mega man's default sprite is 8-bit, but Samus and Link's are 16-bit rendered. Why is this?

2.Mega man can not jump as far as the other characters which makes Mario Challenge unbeatable with him. Or am I just doing something wrong?

3.Can the new characters be safely used outside of Mario Challenge?
2. Depends on the levels you get.
3. If the levels are designed for them..
So I have to refrain from downloading platforming based levels, in a Mario game. That sucks.
What I'm wondering is how I haven't seen you complain about being unable to play as Mario in levels that force you to be link yet, or to play as toad in levels that have yoshi.
You don't have to refrain from anything, but it's always been the case that not every level is compatible with every character.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Enjl wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:
Enjl wrote: 2. Depends on the levels you get.
So I have to refrain from downloading platforming based levels, in a Mario game. That sucks.
What I'm wondering is how I haven't seen you complain about being unable to play as Mario in levels that force you to be link yet, or to play as toad in levels that have yoshi.
You don't have to refrain from anything, but it's always been the case that not every level is compatible with every character.
In Mario Challenge you also have rerolls and if you want can select to have an infinite number such that if a level is impassable with a specific character you can skip it

64searchman46
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Flair
Current Project: GFX Pack
Chat Username: kborg

Postby 64searchman46 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:51 pm

Enjl wrote: You don't have to refrain from anything, but it's always been the case that not every level is compatible with every character.
My problem with the characters is that you're blocked from playing levels simply because you can't jump high enough (Mega Man, Wario, Bowser), you can't pick up things below you (Mega Man, Klonoa, some others), or your character can't fit in a one tile gap (Wario and Bowser). Exiting an impassable level is also super annoying because it kicks back to the main menu. Those, really, are my only complaints.

Main Youtube Channel
"The Note Block" Discord server
Discord username: kborg#5607
Switch friend code: SW-0765-3487-6690

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:55 pm

64searchman46 wrote:
Enjl wrote: You don't have to refrain from anything, but it's always been the case that not every level is compatible with every character.
My problem with the characters is that you're blocked from playing levels simply because you can't jump high enough (Mega Man, Wario, Bowser), you can't pick up things below you (Mega Man, Klonoa, some others), or your character can't fit in a one tile gap (Wario and Bowser). Exiting an impassable level is also super annoying because it kicks back to the main menu. Those, really, are my only complaints.
These playables are included though so that new levels can be built around their mechanics. It's not guaranteed that they'll be compatible with older levels and if they were, then they'd have to lose a lot of stuff that makes them unique, instead of trying to replicate the feel of the playables from their respective games

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:01 pm

They could if they felt motivated to do it. And so can you!

prob... probably...

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:22 pm

Enjl wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:
Enjl wrote: 2. Depends on the levels you get.
But no episode built in 1.3 forced you to be Megaman for obvious reasons. Most left all 5 playable (sometimes excluding link) because while they had different abilities they never made it impossible to beat a specific level. It might be easier or even a little harder with a different character, but never impossible.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

64searchman46
Pokey
Pokey

Postby 64searchman46 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:42 pm

I'm fine with some characters being more tailored to their own style of levels, I just wish we could disable any of the new characters like we can with the originals. It'd be a lot easier to have a Mega Man only or Wario only Episode. I just hope this gets implemented into the next update.

Main Youtube Channel

Hoeloe
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:20 pm

It's already doable with LunaLua, it's just (like so many other things) waiting on PGE plugins.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:42 am

Artemis008 wrote:
Enjl wrote:
Artemis008 wrote: So I have to refrain from downloading platforming based levels, in a Mario game. That sucks.
But no episode built in 1.3 forced you to be Megaman for obvious reasons. Most left all 5 playable (sometimes excluding link) because while they had different abilities they never made it impossible to beat a specific level. It might be easier or even a little harder with a different character, but never impossible.
Most 1.3 episodes I know restrict to Mario, Mario & Toad, Mario & Luigi, or Every character except link. The main 5 totally make certain levels impossible to beat as others, and since "no filters" sounds like you were playing the most safe and generic episodes, you will likely be able to play those levels as Megaman too.
ImageImageImageImage

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:51 am

Enjl wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:
Enjl wrote: What I'm wondering is how I haven't seen you complain about being unable to play as Mario in levels that force you to be link yet, or to play as toad in levels that have yoshi.
Most 1.3 episodes I know restrict to Mario, Mario & Toad, Mario & Luigi, or Every character except link. The main 5 totally make certain levels impossible to beat as others, and since "no filters" sounds like you were playing the most safe and generic episodes, you will likely be able to play those levels as Megaman too.
I just downloaded all the features episodes except tge 3 because it's download is broken. Back on topic, from what I remember levels made in 3.0 that did require specific character abilities used the character block thingy to force you to play as the correct character. These were also few and far between.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:29 am

Artemis008 wrote:levels made in 3.0
How did you get 3.0? What is it like? And can we have a download link?
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Super Luigi Bros
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: SMBX: The Next Levels
Chat Username: Super Luigi Bros

Postby Super Luigi Bros » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Electriking wrote:
I am pretty sure he meant 1.3.0.1.
Image Let's a go! Let's a go!

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Electriking wrote:
I meant 1.3.0.1, my bad.

Legend-tony980
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. X: Alternate Kingdom

Postby Legend-tony980 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:48 pm

Hello guys, it's been a while. So, I've been wanting to know how the development's going.

Also, I've been checking out how it's going, and I found out that the NPCs aren't the only one in the works. Other things besides NPCs are being featured for SMBX2.0's next update. Well I mean, I always saw NPCs but I got really happy and excited for it. Must be my birthday (yeah, today's my birthday) and I am hyped up for it! :D

Yeah, I can help you out with sprites. I've done a lot for Link, but this time, I'll be more of help for other things. :)
Here is the link to my Upgraded Super Mario Bros. 3-Styled Graphic Pack Download

Also, go check out my DeviantArt account where most of my image submissions are found.

I'm currently working on Link's sprites tho:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:23 am

Development is going fine. Yes, there are many things coming to Beta 4 besides NPCs, but NPCs are the majority of easily accessible content this time.
Happy birthday. I'm sure your future sprites, just like the Link ones, will find useful application in third-party content.
ImageImageImageImage

64searchman46
Pokey
Pokey

Postby 64searchman46 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:53 pm

About the next update... When do you guys plan it to be released? Also, Do you know if any problems (like bugs) could happen when switching from Beta 3 to Beta 4?

Main Youtube Channel

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:12 pm

64searchman46 wrote:About the next update... When do you guys plan it to be released? Also, Do you know if any problems (like bugs) could happen when switching from Beta 3 to Beta 4?
The goal is for it to be released before April 2018. There shouldn't be any real issues when switching from Beta3 to Beta4 afaik

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:21 pm

You may experience minor inconsistencies in the behaviours of older Beta 3 NPCs or with the new characters, but we've been trying to keep them at a bare minimum. A future update will see bigger revisions of the characters.
Juni WILL be removed in Beta 4, which is the biggest change to Beta 3 features I remember off the top of my head.
The number of old bugs should go down, though. We have fixed the bugs from Beta 3 (keyhole stuff) and even some vanilla bugs (venus fire trap warp & 16384 block limit). There will inevitably be new bugs with the sheer amount of NPCs we're adding, but the more reports we get after Beta 4's release, the faster we'll be able to patch them!
ImageImageImageImage

Novarender
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: Hi
Current Project: MMX (Mario Maker X) -> including [Super Mario 64X], [Super Mario Universe], [Super Mario Acclivity]
Chat Username: Novarender

Postby Novarender » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:23 pm

How do I run this? It's saying I can't run this because it is a .7z file and I don't have anything to run it with.
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

Ten points to you if you can figure out what my name is.

Look, I'm not telling you what to do but STOP READING THIS SENTENCE

Hagrid: "You're a wizard, Harry!"
Harry: "You're a hairy wizard!"

Return to “Archives”