SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
TheTrueMarioMaster
Hoopster
Hoopster
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:45 pm

Electriking wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:22 pm
TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:09 pm
Electriking wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:16 pm

Enemy stacking has been available since 1.3 (probably before) in the form of NPC codes.
And LunaLua contests would probably be about as popular (or maybe slightly more) as unofficial contests
not in a way like PixelPest's first preview video showed which is what made it impressive.
It is done through NPC codes, so has been possible since that NPC code could be modified.
But it's still very flawed for you can only stack enemies that have topblock code on them meaning Mario will also stand on top of them and only the very bottom enemy of the stack can be set to mobile otherwise the stack with behave wonky as seen with shy guy stacks in Invasion 2 and other episodes they appear in but making it so that only the bottom enemy of the stack is mobile makes it so that if the bottom enemy is taken out the stack will just become immobile. This is why I was thinking Beta 4 would have a better enemy stacking system like Mari0 does for those familiar with the Mario Portal game which also has it's own mappack (kind of like episodes for SMBX) creator.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:34 pm

Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:58 pm
Enjl wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:50 pm
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:31 pm

Really, I thought pixelpest just featured other beta 4 content in his preview videos since what's in them seems to also be listed on the spreadsheet (though they might still be listed as WIP).
He does showcase beta 4 content, but showcases it along content not natively included, making them less useful to gauge what you actually get right out of the box imo. This is especially the case in the jungle video, which showcases stacked enemies, which is not a feature new to NPCs in beta 4, even though the video might lead you to believe that.
Wait, your saying enemy stacking is available in Beta 3 or it is just a script/add-on that needs to be included with the level? Also wouldn't mind seeing a lunalua level contest where people create scripts/add-ons specifically for the contest to make some interesting levels although for those kinds of contests far less people would probably participate in it since the person would need at least basic lunalua coding knowledge.
I've written in my video descriptions that my previews show what can be done with Beta4 and list as well that some of it (such as stacks) is separate code that I will release at the same time as Beta4. This is a lot different than the intention of Enjl's videos which demonstrate a lot of really neat new content that is basegame. I kinda just play around and make something

TheTrueMarioMaster
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:55 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:34 pm
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:58 pm
Enjl wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:50 pm

He does showcase beta 4 content, but showcases it along content not natively included, making them less useful to gauge what you actually get right out of the box imo. This is especially the case in the jungle video, which showcases stacked enemies, which is not a feature new to NPCs in beta 4, even though the video might lead you to believe that.
Wait, your saying enemy stacking is available in Beta 3 or it is just a script/add-on that needs to be included with the level? Also wouldn't mind seeing a lunalua level contest where people create scripts/add-ons specifically for the contest to make some interesting levels although for those kinds of contests far less people would probably participate in it since the person would need at least basic lunalua coding knowledge.
I've written in my video descriptions that my previews show what can be done with Beta4 and list as well that some of it (such as stacks) is separate code that I will release at the same time as Beta4. This is a lot different than the intention of Enjl's videos which demonstrate a lot of really neat new content that is basegame. I kinda just play around and make something
I see, my mistake. Although that does sound good and would be useful for an episode I plan on making in the future unfortunately it also requires flag poles and star coins so I will wait until those exist first before making it. Also I would require that SMB1 graphics pack that I see a lot of SMBX 1.4.4 SMB1 style levels are using.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

NyanMC
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: it's NyanMC, not NyanMc, not Nyanmc, get it right
Chat Username: NyanMC

Postby NyanMC » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:06 am

I just saw all the stuff planned for beta 4 and now i'm super hyped, because I'm now starting to use this more than the 38A version.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe in dead memes as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

GforGoomba
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:38 am

How do I use 2 of the same exit point (eg Goal Post), 1 for a secret level and 1 for a normal level?
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:46 am

GforGoomba wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:38 am
How do I use 2 of the same exit point (eg Goal Post), 1 for a secret level and 1 for a normal level?
You can't
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

GforGoomba
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby GforGoomba » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:54 pm

I used the "health" flag for Bowser so he can have 2 HP instead of 100. Why didnt the flag work?
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:02 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:54 pm
I used the "health" flag for Bowser so he can have 2 HP instead of 100. Why didnt the flag work?
Cause there is no health flag.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

GforGoomba
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby GforGoomba » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:11 pm

Enjl wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:02 pm
GforGoomba wrote:
There is a health flag, it says so in PGE

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:18 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:11 pm
Enjl wrote:
GforGoomba wrote:
That's PGE, not SMBX.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

GforGoomba
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby GforGoomba » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:23 pm

Electriking wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:18 pm
GforGoomba wrote:
Enjl wrote:

That's PGE, not SMBX.
PGE IS SMBX.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:13 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:23 pm
Electriking wrote:
GforGoomba wrote:

That's PGE, not SMBX.
PGE IS SMBX.
Citation needed.

GforGoomba
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby GforGoomba » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:26 pm

Enjl wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:13 pm
GforGoomba wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:23 pm
Electriking wrote:

That's PGE, not SMBX.
PGE IS SMBX.
Citation needed.
You destroyed me

Snowy_Desert
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: The Icy Pharaoh
Current Project: Nothing for now

Postby Snowy_Desert » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:02 pm

What Happened To The Battle Levels?
Spoiler: show
might make levels soon

TheTrueMarioMaster
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:10 am

Although aren't there ways in SMBX 2.0 to increase or decrease the number of hits an NPC takes before death. I'm pretty sure you could use those methods to change Bowser's HP.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:32 am

It's possible with Lunalua but not using vanilla stuff or PGE

And for the guy up there, no, PGE is a program compatible with SMBX but it's not SMBX exactly, there's no HP in SMBX unless you use lunalua for make the NPCs to have a certain number of hits before being killed

The same goes with special stuff like custom music in worldmap

My project:

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:43 am

Snowy_Desert wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:02 pm
Beta 5. I got big plans for them but we can't make them happen yet.

GforGoomba
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby GforGoomba » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:29 am

Battle levels are actually possible! Make a folder called "battle", download a battle level and Bob's your uncle!

TheTrueMarioMaster
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:47 pm

Enjl wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:43 am
Snowy_Desert wrote:
Thought Beta 5 was just going to be a character update with some extra features add. Didn't know battle mode would be fixed for that version. Also so many new possibilities could be added with all the different characters added. Although one of the things I would like to see added to battle mode is the possibility to have more than two players in battle (not sure how possible that would be though in the SMBX engine). An online mode that allows to connect with players from other computers would be great although considering the problems Mari0 had with getting online multiplayer working it might be a bit too complex for people to program.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:47 pm
Enjl wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:43 am
Snowy_Desert wrote:
Thought Beta 5 was just going to be a character update with some extra features add
Beta 5 will be when multiplayer will be fully functional with all characters. Battle mode just so happens to be a mode where you might wanna use different characters, so when the technical side is taken care of, I can make my ideas for it happen.

Return to “Archives”