SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
MmmMario
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Flair: Yeet

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby MmmMario » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:21 am

Electriking wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:51 am
Teemster2 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:30 pm
Enjl wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:42 pm
The 2 should best be read like how one would read the 4 in Unreal Engine 4 or the 5 in Unity 5. It's not a sequel, but rather an enhancement to what came before.
Afterm beta comes out you guys should take a break. You deserve it. There is no need to rushow beta5 and prole will always want more things such more enemies and powerups no matter how many is added. You guys deserve to enjoy your hard work and get full credit for it. Anyways good job and if it's not out any time soon that just means more time to make it grand.

Added in 1 minute 4 seconds:
Typing from my phone is not easy. Sorry for the spelling errors.
You can still edit the post. Using your phone is not a valid excuse for leaving your post difficult to understand.
The post isn't really that difficult to understand. Editing is a good idea, however, in case there are people here who have trouble with English.
Last edited by MmmMario on Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: show
Here's Johnny

I will bore everyone out of their mind with my questions!!!
Does anyone else have the PostImages problem? Frankly, it annoys me that sometimes I can't view pictures.

Join mine and MemeLord's(PotatoMario's) server here: https://discord.gg/PUTNGKS

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It... it worked...

Postby GforGoomba » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:35 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Enjl wrote:
The 2 should best be read like how one would read the 4 in Unreal Engine 4 or the 5 in Unity 5. It's not a sequel, but rather an enhancement to what came before.
After beta 4 comes out you guys should take a break. You deserve it. There is no need to rush now beta 5 and people will always want more things such as more enemies and powerups no matter how many is added. You guys deserve to enjoy your hard work and get full credit for it. Anyways good job and if it's not out any time soon that just means more time to make it grand.

Fixed it for ya, next time use the edit button
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

JustInPassing
Koopa
Koopa

Postby JustInPassing » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:32 am

MmmMario wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:21 am
Electriking wrote:
You can still edit the post. Using your phone is not a valid excuse for leaving your post difficult to understand.
The post isn't really that difficult to understand. Editing is a good idea, hiwever, in case there are people gere who have trouble with English.
It is rather amusing that you spelled "however" and "here" as "hiwever" and "gere" while talking about editing posts. That being said, "i" and "o" are next to each other on the QWERTY keyboard, as are "g" and "h", and the number of times I myself have hit "v" when I meant to hit "c" and had to go back and correct it is a large number.

I do hope this doesn't come across as a holier-than-thou my-spelling-is-so-much-better-than-yours kind of post. I just thought this particular instance was funny.
*playing Ocarina of Time*
Owl: Blah blah blah blah blah...
Me: *mashing the A button*
Owl: Do you want to hear what I said again?
Me: *still mashing the A button*
*Owl repeats himself*
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:48 pm

JustInPassing wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:32 am
MmmMario wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:21 am
Electriking wrote:
The post isn't really that difficult to understand. Editing is a good idea, hiwever, in case there are people gere who have trouble with English.
It is rather amusing that you spelled "however" and "here" as "hiwever" and "gere" while talking about editing posts. That being said, "i" and "o" are next to each other on the QWERTY keyboard, as are "g" and "h", and the number of times I myself have hit "v" when I meant to hit "c" and had to go back and correct it is a large number.

I do hope this doesn't come across as a holier-than-thou my-spelling-is-so-much-better-than-yours kind of post. I just thought this particular instance was funny.
It really isn't necessary to make a post solely about someone's spelling

GregoryTheGamer
Koopa
Koopa

Postby GregoryTheGamer » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:47 pm

What happened to the blog?
Hey you! check this out now. http://bit.ly/1r9aSge

Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:52 pm

The same answer for the 15th time because noone reads previous posts: it's down

(news, Hoeloe and Enjl started discussing on how to restore it)
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

1di_Scroll
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!

Postby 1di_Scroll » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:59 pm

GregoryTheGamer wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:47 pm
What happened to the blog?
Check some previous pages, that already has been discussed

black_gamer
Koopa
Koopa

Postby black_gamer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:59 pm

What does the green arrow BGO do? I thought it works like in mario builder but nothing if i use it on floating npcs.

Teemster2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:44 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:35 am
Teemster2 wrote:
Enjl wrote:
After beta 4 comes out you guys should take a break. You deserve it. There is no need to rush now beta 5 and people will always want more things such as more enemies and powerups no matter how many is added. You guys deserve to enjoy your hard work and get full credit for it. Anyways good job and if it's not out any time soon that just means more time to make it grand.

Fixed it for ya, next time use the edit button
I honestly have never had a smart phone until recently. Thanks for fixing my post somewhat. I was going to edit it but that did not happen. Beta4 Is looking amazing.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:22 am

black_gamer wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:59 pm
What does the green arrow BGO do? I thought it works like in mario builder but nothing if i use it on floating npcs.
Could you post an image of the BGO you're talking about? I went through the BGO folder and couldn't find the one you were speaking of.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

Reanimated
Goomba
Goomba
Flair: *oof*

Postby Reanimated » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:35 am

time to get this amazing shit

black_gamer
Koopa
Koopa

Postby black_gamer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:05 am

The green arrows look like this:
I thought these work like in Mario Builder and some other mario editors, where they can change direction of objects, but they dont work like that here.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:39 am

black_gamer wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:05 am
I thought these work like in Mario Builder and some other mario editors, where they can change direction of objects, but they dont work like that here.
I don't recall seeing any sprites like that in SMBX.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It... it worked...

Postby GforGoomba » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:04 am

Can SMBX2 run on DOSBOX? My Windows 10 bricked from my power cord unplugging itself too much and for some odd reason Wine clogs up my memory on tablet and my phone doesnt have keyboard input. Thos is assuming DOSBOX has on screen buttons?
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

black_gamer
Koopa
Koopa

Postby black_gamer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:19 am

Enjl wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:39 am
black_gamer wrote:
The one in the Scenery Snake Block Category, what does it do?

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:27 am

black_gamer wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:19 am
Enjl wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:39 am
black_gamer wrote:
The one in the Scenery Snake Block Category, what does it do?
...I'm pretty sure those aren't in Beta 3, so I don't know how you're using them.
As the category suggests, they change the direction of a Snake Block.

Mushroom King
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Mushroom King » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:38 am

I know SMBX 38A use that kind of green arrows and you need to chose a NPC specific advanced setting in a list to make it follows the arrows. I don't know if it works the same way but I guess it's the same goal, making a flying npc follows a predefined path.

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution

Postby Eri7 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:56 am

Mushroom King wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:38 am
I know SMBX 38A use that kind of green arrows and you need to chose a NPC specific advanced setting in a list to make it follows the arrows. I don't know if it works the same way but I guess it's the same goal, making a flying npc follows a predefined path.
It works only however if the npc have attached wings that allow them to follow the arrows, and also it works with the snake block script that 38A has included.

Mushroom King
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Mushroom King » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am

Yes, that's why I said "flying" but the wings can be made invisible with a custom graphic.

black_gamer
Koopa
Koopa

Postby black_gamer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:16 am

I dont know how you are using them.
What do you mean?

Return to “Archives”