SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
MarioMario369
Bit
Bit
Chat Username: MarioMario369

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby MarioMario369 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:45 pm

All i care is getting beta 4 and testing out the brand new assets.

Here are my friend codes.

Nintendo 3ds: 0018-0618-4029

Nintendo Switch: SW-7306-0069-7414

Noodle
Banned
Chat Username: N00d13

Postby Noodle » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:48 pm

MarioMario369 wrote:All i care is getting beta 4 and testing out the brand new assets.
Mhm! These assets will be good for my new episode I am currently making!
Danny Quotes: show
Danny wrote:Bruv, why can't you keep your fanfictions to one contained thread?
Danny wrote:Pardon me? This doesn't defend your case whatsoever.
Sadly, the rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.

MarioMario369
Bit
Bit

Postby MarioMario369 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Noodle wrote:
MarioMario369 wrote:All i care is getting beta 4 and testing out the brand new assets.
What episode?

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:51 pm

MarioMario369 wrote:
Noodle wrote:
What episode?
It is in private alpha so it is not in the projects page. It is called "Adventure through the Nintendo Universe.

MarioMario369
Bit
Bit

Postby MarioMario369 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:53 pm

Noodle wrote:
MarioMario369 wrote:
Noodle wrote: Mhm! These assets will be good for my new episode I am currently making!
What episode?
It is in private alpha so it is not in the projects page. It is called "Adventure through the Nintendo Universe.
That's the best name of a project ever.

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:53 pm

MarioMario369 wrote:
Noodle wrote:
MarioMario369 wrote: What episode?
Fanks!

MarioMario369
Bit
Bit

Postby MarioMario369 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Noodle wrote:
MarioMario369 wrote:
Noodle wrote: It is in private alpha so it is not in the projects page. It is called "Adventure through the Nintendo Universe.
Fanks!
You're welcome.

Tiger Festival
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Tiger Festival » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Noodle wrote:
MarioMario369 wrote:
Noodle wrote: Mhm! These assets will be good for my new episode I am currently making!
What episode?
Will this feature the 2.0 characters as playables?
Spoiler: show

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Thyme Time!

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:46 pm

Ok, I cannot test levels on PGE (The one built in to 2.3). Every time I try to test the level (F5), the window that pops up crashes, and everything else isn't right, like how I can't spin jump or pick up shells. Would downloading regular PGE work better, or should I wait until it becomes better?
My Project: Coming Soon!
I support
ImageImage Image

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:12 am

Matt_The_Slime wrote:Ok, I cannot test levels on PGE (The one built in to 2.3). Every time I try to test the level (F5), the window that pops up crashes, and everything else isn't right, like how I can't spin jump or pick up shells. Would downloading regular PGE work better, or should I wait until it becomes better?
I can't wait to test out the new assets too, the wait will surely be worth it.

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: SMBX2

Postby The0x539 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:30 am

Matt_The_Slime wrote:Ok, I cannot test levels on PGE (The one built in to 2.3). Every time I try to test the level (F5), the window that pops up crashes, and everything else isn't right, like how I can't spin jump or pick up shells. Would downloading regular PGE work better, or should I wait until it becomes better?
First problem is you're using 2.3, a version that doesn't exist. Please return to your host timeline or assimilate with ours. Second, what's the crash message? Third, how are you experiencing those issues if *the tester crashes*? Fourth, those sound like issues with the PGE Engine alpha tester, which you shouldn't be using, you should be using LunaTester. Fifth, the PGE Engine alpha tester shouldn't be popping up if you're actually using F5.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:33 am

The0x539 wrote:
First problem is you're using 2.3, a version that doesn't exist. Please return to your host timeline or assimilate with ours. Second, what's the crash message? Third, how are you experiencing those issues if *the tester crashes*? Fourth, those sound like issues with the PGE Engine alpha tester, which you shouldn't be using, you should be using LunaTester. Fifth, the PGE Engine alpha tester shouldn't be popping up if you're actually using F5.
What I meant by 2.3 was SMBX 2.0 Beta 3 (My mistake), secondly, there is no crash message, it'll load, but as soon as the coin symbol in the bottom disappears, it stops, and the screen tints white saying "www.SuperMarioBrosX.org has stopped working" (This is using LunaTester)
I support
ImageImage Image

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: SMBX2

Postby The0x539 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:50 am

Matt_The_Slime wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
What I meant by 2.3 was SMBX 2.0 Beta 3 (My mistake), secondly, there is no crash message, it'll load, but as soon as the coin symbol in the bottom disappears, it stops, and the screen tints white saying "www.SuperMarioBrosX.org has stopped working" (This is using LunaTester)
After pressing F5, how long have you waited without touching anything? It might take a minute or two to load up on slow storage, and Windows thinks the program is unresponsive during this period.

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:24 am

Tiger Festival wrote:
Noodle wrote:
MarioMario369 wrote: What episode?
Mhm!

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:24 am

The0x539 wrote:
Matt_The_Slime wrote:
The0x539 wrote: First problem is you're using 2.3, a version that doesn't exist. Please return to your host timeline or assimilate with ours. Second, what's the crash message? Third, how are you experiencing those issues if *the tester crashes*? Fourth, those sound like issues with the PGE Engine alpha tester, which you shouldn't be using, you should be using LunaTester. Fifth, the PGE Engine alpha tester shouldn't be popping up if you're actually using F5.
After pressing F5, how long have you waited without touching anything? It might take a minute or two to load up on slow storage, and Windows thinks the program is unresponsive during this period.
I waited until it said that I have to force close it, saying "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly"
I support
ImageImage Image

Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Matt_The_Slime wrote: I waited until it said that I have to force close it, saying "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly"
That doesn't actually mean a lot. What that means is that the program is busy doing something, and has been for a long time. Often, this is because the program has got itself stuck, but if you're in the middle of loading, it's not uncommon that it's just sitting waiting for something to finish loading. Try again but instead of closing it, just wait a bit longer.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Matt_The_Slime wrote: I waited until it said that I have to force close it, saying "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly"
That doesn't actually mean a lot. What that means is that the program is busy doing something, and has been for a long time. Often, this is because the program has got itself stuck, but if you're in the middle of loading, it's not uncommon that it's just sitting waiting for something to finish loading. Try again but instead of closing it, just wait a bit longer.
I tried waiting longer, but the screen will stay white, and when I click on it, it forces me to close it due to "Problems". I'm thinking that it's my computer? I have another one I could try it on

EDIT/UPDATE: Turns out it's the computer I'm using. Tried it on a different one, and it worked totally fine. Thanks for all your help guys!
I support
ImageImage Image

Tiger Festival
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Tiger Festival » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:57 pm

Noodle wrote:
Tiger Festival wrote:
Noodle wrote: It is in private alpha so it is not in the projects page. It is called "Adventure through the Nintendo Universe.
Mhm!
Well consider me interested. I'm getting a Mushroom Kingdom Fusion vibe from this. I look forward to the reveal. :)

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Tiger Festival wrote:
Noodle wrote:
Tiger Festival wrote:
Mhm!
Well consider me interested. I'm getting a Mushroom Kingdom Fusion vibe from this. I look forward to the reveal. :)
Its gonna be cool, except world 2 for its only 1 level, the Deku tree. Its gonna have loads of new stuff that make this feel like its a different game! Especially the music.

Quill
Rydia
Rydia
Current Project: Apocalypse of Foroze...?

Postby Quill » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:44 pm

The SMBX2 thread isn't the place to advertise your episode, Noodle.

Return to “Archives”