SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby ShadowStarX » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Electriking wrote:I don't think it would be surprising if the first non-beta version of 2.0 was 2020, although considering 2019 would mark 10 years since the first SMBX, it would be cool to have the first non-beta version then, but that would depend if the devs decide it is in the right state to bring it out of beta.
Although I'm not a dev, I'd predict Beta 4 to release in March 2018 and the full version of 2.0 during the summer of 2019.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle

Tiger Festival
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Tiger Festival » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:48 pm

I highly doubt the final release will happen in less than two years seeing the release gap seems to be widening with each new beta.
Spoiler: show

Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: The Codehaus Girl

Postby Hoeloe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Tiger Festival wrote:I highly doubt the final release will happen in less than two years seeing the release gap seems to be widening with each new beta.
I'd suggest following things on Codehaus, where all the dev discussion is public. Beta 4 is likely going to be the longest wait, as we're not only adding new content, but reworking older content to standardise the codebase (which allows higher quality stuff AND for new content to be added faster).

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: ???

Postby Super Luigi! » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Electriking wrote:...considering 2019 would mark 10 years since the first SMBX, it would be cool to have the first non-beta version then...
As people like to say, I'll feel old by that time. Why, I still remember when I first found SMBX... It was 2009, and I was simply amazed at it's greatness.
Projects I support:
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

Ljw1765
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Ljw1765 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:48 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Tiger Festival wrote: Another quick question Will there be any tweaks to Unclebroadsword to make him more costume friendly? I attempted to make a costume for UBS, but 2 problems appeared. 1 is the jumping frame sharing one of his walking frames, my character looked kind of awkward jumping while holding a "about to walk" animation and 2nd whenever my character was idle my character's walking animations was still going while idle. I found that really strange and was forced to cancel my idea.
Yes. All the characters are getting some reworked code to help them be more standardised, and easier to work with costume-wise. In fact, we're hoping to put together a system where you can override animations for any character, including the original 5. Whether this will be done by Beta 4 or not remains to be seen.
Aw man.. That's awesome that there'll be this type of re-working for the characters, though I was just in the process of finishing a costume for Uncle Broadsword. I ran into the awkward jumping frame issue too though, so I'm glad it'll be worked on.

Edited, realized my question was already technically answered. Sorry about that :D

Nintega
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Nintega » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:03 pm

It Literally won't startup for me. Anytime I try to start it, it acts like it wasn't clicked on (even though I can click on it). It doesn't matter how long I wait or how many times I try. & this goes for BOTH times I downloaded it, & all of the mirrors. Is there something wrong here? I never had this issue since I started in 1.3

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby The0x539 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:18 pm

Nintega wrote:It Literally won't startup for me. Anytime I try to start it, it acts like it wasn't clicked on (even though I can click on it). It doesn't matter how long I wait or how many times I try. & this goes for BOTH times I downloaded it, & all of the mirrors. Is there something wrong here? I never had this issue since I started in 1.3
Does it work if you open SMBXLauncher.exe from the data folder?

Nintega
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Nintega » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:11 pm

The0x539 wrote:
Nintega wrote:It Literally won't startup for me. Anytime I try to start it, it acts like it wasn't clicked on (even though I can click on it). It doesn't matter how long I wait or how many times I try. & this goes for BOTH times I downloaded it, & all of the mirrors. Is there something wrong here? I never had this issue since I started in 1.3
Just tried it, & yes it works. The Title Screen even works when I select save & quit. So why can't it load from just the normal application itself again?

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby The0x539 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Nintega wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
Just tried it, & yes it works. The Title Screen even works when I select save & quit. So why can't it load from just the normal application itself again?
SMBX2.exe is a tiny program that just opens SMBXLauncher.exe. A shortcut to SMBXLauncher.exe would also do the job. A few people, most with weird old setups, have also had some issues with SMBX2.exe.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:56 am

So the dev consensus is that no one actually cares whether Nintendo doesn't want this to exist or not?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Teemster2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Teemster2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:34 am

FanofSMBX wrote:So the dev consensus is that no one actually cares whether Nintendo doesn't want this to exist or not?
Nintendo could remove this at any time and would be in their right to do so and even threatened the original owner Redigit at one time. If your worried about it you could contact Nintendo and discuss the issue with them. If you don't want to do that then why worry about it? Nintendo knows SMBX exists and chooses to let it continue. That is on them. I am not doing anything illegal so I don't care. I will enjoy the game as long as I can and I suggest you should stop worrying and do the same thing. Plus Nintendo has Mario Maker and probably does not care anymore. That and Nintendo "Japan" is more relaxed with fan games and maybe Nintendo "USA" is becoming the same way.

Just enjoy the game my friend and if something does ever happen to SMBX the Dev's can always create a similar "new" game from scratch and make it just as fun. Planet Earth, Deep Blue Sea and Life in the Undergrowth are great nature documentaries that could give lot's of ideas for a new game but I seriously doubt they will ever need to worry about this. If Nintendo wanted SMBX gone they would have done something already.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:41 am

FanofSMBX wrote:So the dev consensus is that no one actually cares whether Nintendo doesn't want this to exist or not?
I said before that our plan is to replace all copyrighted content from the game if Nintendo chooses to shoot this down. Thanks for not listening.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:49 am

Maybe the fact that Howikawa Otane (the leader of 2.0) is Japanese could mean that it is more subject to Nintendo of Japan's policies than America's? I don't really know exactly how this works but Redigit lives in America and would therfore be subject to American laws and policies.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:52 am

Electriking wrote:Maybe the fact that Howikawa Otane (the leader of 2.0) is Japanese could mean that it is more subject to Nintendo of Japan's policies than America's? I don't really know exactly how this works but Redigit lives in America and would therfore be subject to American laws and policies.
See, this is ihe Internet and the Internet is worldwide so isn't Otane subject to American laws as well?
Danny Quotes: show
Danny wrote:Bruv, why can't you keep your fanfictions to one contained thread?
Danny wrote:Pardon me? This doesn't defend your case whatsoever.
Sadly, the rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:21 am

Noodle wrote:
Electriking wrote:Maybe the fact that Howikawa Otane (the leader of 2.0) is Japanese could mean that it is more subject to Nintendo of Japan's policies than America's? I don't really know exactly how this works but Redigit lives in America and would therfore be subject to American laws and policies.
See, this is ihe Internet and the Internet is worldwide so isn't Otane subject to American laws as well?
The problem is that some laws in one country could contradict the laws of another country, so not really. Law is a problem pn the internet as it is not universal, so some people can do things others are not allowed to do. It more depends on the site you use, since you would (or should) be subject to the laws of the site the country is hosted in (this is the policy for phpBB forums at least (the user is subject to the laws of the host's country, his country and international laws (which eveyone would be subject to anyway)). The internet is a weird place though so I could easily be wrong. Nintendo does seem to be treating its fans better today however. Since a couple of years ago Nintendo would flat out copyright strike your video if it had Nintendo's cotent but it seems that they don't that as much, though demonetisation and claiming appearantly still happens, but not being able to make money from such videos is better than getting a strike or said videos being literally the death of your channel. And they do seem to be listening to their fan's requests more now.

Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: The Codehaus Girl

Postby Hoeloe » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:58 am

Electriking wrote:Maybe the fact that Howikawa Otane (the leader of 2.0) is Japanese
Horikawa is American.

Besides, as we've said before, if Nintendo wants us to remove SMBX, our plan is to replace all Nintendo content with original assets. As it is, they haven't asked, so we haven't done anything.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:12 am

Hoeloe wrote:
Electriking wrote:Maybe the fact that Howikawa Otane (the leader of 2.0) is Japanese
Horikawa is American.
So is the timezones thread wrong or out of date? Because it says that she lives in Japan

rixithechao
Pokey
Pokey

Postby rixithechao » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:43 am

Horikawa travels to Japan from time to time, but she's American.

And yeah, Fanof, the dev consensus is "dude, chill". If you're upset at Nintendo for taking down other fan projects that's understandable, but they haven't taken down SMBX2 and it doesn't seem like they're in any rush to do so. We're not about to go on some preemptive crusade protest thing and stir up completely unnecessary trouble.
Last edited by rixithechao on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some people just cannot avoid the ads on MediaFire, even with both common sense and popup blockers. It's always a good idea to provide an alternate download link with an ad-free file host such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

Also play Bug Fables, the devs have confirmed that they got their royalties from Dangen and the game is really freaking good.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:46 am

If we complain about Nintendo's actions to Nintendo, I think that would stimulate a C&D on SMBX 2.0

rixithechao
Pokey
Pokey

Postby rixithechao » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:58 am

Exactly. Don't go poking the sleeping dragon unless you're trying to get burned.
Some people just cannot avoid the ads on MediaFire, even with both common sense and popup blockers. It's always a good idea to provide an alternate download link with an ad-free file host such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

Also play Bug Fables, the devs have confirmed that they got their royalties from Dangen and the game is really freaking good.

Return to “Archives”