SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:21 pm

You could also substitute the star coin (new beta 4 NPC) for power moons, and it'd even have a counter similar to how Odyssey does for power moons.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Taycamgame wrote:Here's an idea of some NPC's that I can't make myself as I no longer have access to the game etc.:
An enemy that throws spiky balls in the air above itself, then a few moments later that projectile flashes then heads straight towards you. This ball may or may not be able to bounce on walls.
A block that, when stepped on, could teleport you to a new area, can be used as secret exits.
Backgrounds based on Super Mario Odyssey areas, especially the Moon and Metro Kingdoms. And other Super Mario Odyssey based items in that case.
These are just some ideas I can come up with but cannot make myself, it would be cool to see these added.
EDiT: And Power Moons. They would be used as... Collectibles that open new levels.
A combination of instant warps, layers and events. You can make your own backgrounds and replace the default. I doubt the devs will be adding Odyssey stuff any time soon. SMW stars pretty much offer the same as power moons, and you can make your own power moon NPC to replace the star.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: ill teach your grandmother to suck eggs

Postby TheKidCodee » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:22 pm

Cedur wrote:
TheKidCodee wrote:b4 just COME OUT ALREADY
I challenge you to finish your project "Super Mario Bros X Allstars Pack" before Beta 4's release
Not possible since the things i plan to use are in b4 only
thekidcode . i rarely ever visit this account anymore, because i have evolved into some nobody named fluffy.

discord: https://discord.gg/sJRPyNG
twitter: https://twitter.com/FluffyFTA

original signature, before 8/28/2020:
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:59 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:
Cedur wrote:
I challenge you to finish your project "Super Mario Bros X Allstars Pack" before Beta 4's release
How about you finish the levels, and add the b4 stuff when it comes out!? What a concept!
My Project: Coming Soon!
I support
Spoiler: show
ImageImage Image
Spoiler: show

TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: ill teach your grandmother to suck eggs

Postby TheKidCodee » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Matt_The_Slime wrote:
TheKidCodee wrote:
Cedur wrote: I challenge you to finish your project "Super Mario Bros X Allstars Pack" before Beta 4's release
How about you finish the levels, and add the b4 stuff when it comes out!? What a concept!
Yeah i've beeen trying to do something like that. I've also decided 1 person will do each game (me the lost levels, and yung with SMB3) need 4 or 3 developers to work on the rest
thekidcode . i rarely ever visit this account anymore, because i have evolved into some nobody named fluffy.

discord: https://discord.gg/sJRPyNG
twitter: https://twitter.com/FluffyFTA

original signature, before 8/28/2020:
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Radiance » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Cedur wrote:what would it be useful for?

Cape Glide (can stay in the air endlessly if you're good at it) and pound to the ground. There are still some advantage in using Cape Feather, such as holding the jump button will let the player fly instead of mashing the jump button, can spin underwater, etc., that is already implemented in Raccoon Leaf. But I still want Cape Glide in SMBX.
Cedur wrote:cape feather is a thousand times more tricky and less smoother than flying with the leaf.
It's not tricky as it seems. Once you learn how to use the Cape Feather, it will be easy for you and gliding is fun.

Teemster2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Taycamgame wrote:Have there been any Updates to 2.0 since I last played back in June? Any lists on new features for Beta 4?
The main devs (Enjl,Hoeloe, Pyro and the Ox) have stated that there is some issues delaying the release of Beta4 and these are issues dealing with the game itself I think but I could be wrong. Posts on blog update site or updates on the resource claim sheet do not happen a lot. NPC creation has been very slow and little has changed over the last 2 weeks. The dev team is most likely busy with things in life and busy trying to improve the game itself before they focus on adding a lot more content. Release is planned for the first quarter of next year (January-March) but could be pushed back beyond that. Plus it is the Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday time and we all know how busy these last months of the year can be.

I really don't know what is going on but that is my best guess. I am still waiting for Urchin, Porcupuffer, Fishing/Boo Lakitu, the entire bro family (Mega's,Para's,Ice and Boomerang Bro), Beezos, Phanto, Flurry, the winged Dry Bones, Splunkin, Mega Chomp, Fire Chomp, Shark Chomp, Homing Bullet Bill, (Zingers too) and more as I would have to much trouble trying to create them myself. Patience is a virtue in this case as the longer Beta4 takes to release the more content it could have added to it. It's best for the devs to take their time so when it is released we can have a more fully complete and enjoyable game. Still many NPC's to finish but there is no deadline so they can take as long as they need to make them and there will be several Beta's most likely. The more they work on the game now the more they can focus on NPC's later. Again I am guessing here as I am not part of the dev team. Just going off of comments I have read.

So be patient and just enjoy Beta3 untill Beta4 is ready. No need to rush the devs. (That last comment was for the Kidcodee) Let them take their time so Beta4 can be perfect. Rushing a project usually is not a good thing. (Again for the Kid)
PixelPest wrote:
Honestly please get some patience. The devs are working hard to ensure a lot of high quality features that work well for Beta 4 and we're waiting on tech including an editor rewrite. The projection for the release has been mentioned many times and noted as being during the first quarter of 2018 and afaik that hasn't changed
Well said. It is a busy time of the year and there is lot's for the Devs to do. Everyone needs to be patient and just let the devs work at their own pace.
Last edited by Waddle on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged post. please don't double post again.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby The0x539 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:55 pm

Teemster2 wrote:the Ox

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:09 am

(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:16 am

Mr Briney wrote: mashing the jump button
This is not true in SMBX or the more recent Mario games with the racoon or tanooki power-ups
Please be patient, but the devs have stated in another post here that we can expect beta 4 to have the longest wait as they are fixing some things as well as adding stuff, and they are/were waiting on some PGE tech that is also delaying the release. It is scheduled as the first quarter of 2018 but don't expect too much that it will come out then, as we already have been past the original estimate of late summer, so I would say that it may be better to be a bit more pessimistic as to lessen the disappointment should it be delayed. But if they are expecting this to be the longest wait, then that should mean we can expect to get beta 5 sooner after beta 4.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Radiance » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:21 am

Electriking wrote:
Mr Briney wrote: mashing the jump button
This is not true in SMBX or the more recent Mario games with the racoon or tanooki power-ups
Mr Briney wrote:There are still some advantage in using Cape Feather, such as holding the jump button will let the player fly instead of mashing the jump button, can spin underwater, etc., that is already implemented in Raccoon Leaf. But I still want Cape Glide in SMBX.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:44 am

It has been a really long time since I checked on 2.0, so I'm curious about something. Has it become posible to prevent the ESC menu from popping up? That was one of the problems I encountered when making APIs forma the world map.

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby The0x539 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:53 am

NaviGator wrote:It has been a really long time since I checked on 2.0, so I'm curious about something. Has it become posible to prevent the ESC menu from popping up? That was one of the problems I encountered when making APIs forma the world map.
Beta 4 has an onPause, I'm not sure about the specifics but dev folks are happy with it. I think it might be cancellable like onNPCKill?

Teemster2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Teemster2 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:23 pm

I was looking through one of the old graphics packs I downloaded a few years back and found in the "Advanced NPC's" a fully working
Amazing Flyin Hammer Bro. It has the NPC text, the flying block, wings and even the hammers it throws but it is multiple NPC's and thus you would have to combine them all. How hard would it be to unify them into one single fully functioning NPC? I think it would be easy and it already has the text so it behaves just like the real FHB and not a clone of another NPC.

I think Valtteri created it as his name comes up and he is a legend in the community so it should be a complete NPC ready for pipeline if you could combine the NPC's. Just wondering what everyone thinks and why this has not been used already? I tried to add a zip file of it.

SMBX GFX Pack by Red Yoshi + Supermarioman is where I found it.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

rixithechao
Pokey
Pokey

Postby rixithechao » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:30 pm

AFHBs would probably best be implemented as a separate NPC from their platforms. They're also similar to other enemies like pidgits + their carpets and SMW lakitus + their clouds, so it might be best to implement those NPCs whenever someone gets around to making a lua version of the SMW lakitu NPC.
Some people just cannot avoid the ads on MediaFire, even with both common sense and popup blockers. It's always a good idea to provide an alternate download link with an ad-free file host such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

Also play Bug Fables, the devs have confirmed that they got their royalties from Dangen and the game is really freaking good.

Teemster2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Teemster2 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:51 pm

rockythechao wrote:AFHBs would probably best be implemented as a separate NPC from their platforms. They're also similar to other enemies like pidgits + their carpets and SMW lakitus + their clouds, so it might be best to implement those NPCs whenever someone gets around to making a lua version of the SMW lakitu NPC.

Well Valtteri has them seperate right now and he has the code for it done so I thought it might be an almost fully completed NPC for 2.0. It would not take much to give it the final touches right? I think he also created an Angry Sun before he left and was good at making stuff. I was just wondering if it could be used. (AFHB) You make a good point about it being separate.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:02 am

The things that Valtteri made weren't actually new NPCs, they were modified old NPCs iirc so a lot would have to be added to what he made

Teemster2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Teemster2 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:16 pm

I know I have asked this before I think but the world map needs more room for tiles. I'm trying to create a map that is not just a single mountain or islands but a actual world inspired by my trips across America to various places and it just seems the tile limit is way to small. My map is going to be a lot smaller then I would like. Is there any way to change this? I need the limit to be a lot higher. We could do so much more with bigger worlds and not have all of the levels so close together.

Any help would be apreciated.
PixelPest wrote:The things that Valtteri made weren't actually new NPCs, they were modified old NPCs iirc so a lot would have to be added to what he made
Thanks for letting me know.
Last edited by Waddle on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged post. please don't double post again.

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:14 pm

More tiles would be nice - especially some more animated ones. The thing is, it would probably be very difficult for Rednaxela (as I'm pretty sure he's the only member of the dev team with the necessary abilities) to extend the limit - last I checked he hasn't been able to extend the block or BGO array (I could be wrong about that seeing as I haven't been paying much attention to the dev channel recently).
Jesus is my savior.

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:27 pm

HenryRichard wrote:More tiles would be nice - especially some more animated ones. The thing is, it would probably be very difficult for Rednaxela (as I'm pretty sure he's the only member of the dev team with the necessary abilities) to extend the limit - last I checked he hasn't been able to extend the block or BGO array (I could be wrong about that seeing as I haven't been paying much attention to the dev channel recently).
Use the dummy blocks, dummy!
Danny Quotes: show
Danny wrote:Bruv, why can't you keep your fanfictions to one contained thread?
Danny wrote:Pardon me? This doesn't defend your case whatsoever.
Sadly, the rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.

Return to “Archives”