SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Happy new decade
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite (yet again)
Chat Username: Scroll#6292

SMBX2 Suggestions Thread

Postby Scroll » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:45 pm

After starting with the suggestions, I would like if you read and review this: This would be locked if there was already a topic/another page for this, or if the team just don't agree with it, I know. I won't demand to unlock this thread if that happens, since I'm not so sure if the community will receive it well. I say this because I have seen locked topics with a first and last reply like this: "Please don't make topics like this". Although I made this topic with the purpose that the people would give their own ideas for the SMBX development and in my opinion, that would be very useful.

=======================

Post any suggestion you have for SMBX in this topic, I guess that the dev team would review what you suggested.

Well I have mines. I guess that none of them could be added in SMBX 2.0 Beta 4 since it already has over two years under construction, but maybe for Beta 5 and/or higher:

1. Add support for .lvlx files.
2. Add some playables like Sonic, Kirby, Waluigi...
3. Add the Frogsuit from SMB3.
4. Add empty slots in the editor to use custom stuff without replacing any other already used slot.
5. Include more episodes already redrawned (I want to say, with custom SFX and music, like The Princess Cliche and Return To Dinosaur Land). I suggest these ones:
- New Super Mario Galaxy X
- Airship Attack
- Super Mario Star Expedition
- SMB3 Remake by Phil
6. I'm not sure if you already can run a test directly in the editor (like a real-time editor), so if not, I suggest it.
7. Fix the issue with the new characters in multiplayer mode.
8. Add the Feather Cape from SMW.
9. Add new default backgrounds.
10. Add new default music.
11. Add some enemies:
- Chain Chomp
- Red Piranha Plants from The Lost Levels
- Floruga

Well that's all I remember right now.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:57 pm

Grand Goomba wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:13 pm
I'm using Firefox and it still gives me an error.
You must to "forget" all HSTS settings, they are making "http" be auto-forwarded to "https" by browser side. The "HSTS" thing is stinks when we need to also use regular "http"...
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Scroll » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Why the thread I made was merged with the SMBX2 original one? Looks weird... That doesn't really matter, though.
Last edited by Scroll on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: SMBX2 Suggestions Thread

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Surtur wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:45 pm
Already in Beta4 since I have completed the old work to bring up the support for PGE File Library on LunaLua side, and now LVLX and 38ALVL files are successfully opening by LunaLua-SMBX. ;)

Added in 37 seconds:
Surtur wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:59 pm
Why the thread I made was merged with the SMBX2 original one? Looks weird... That doesn't really matter, though.
Ask mods, they are making this. Here is no any jerkish bots: only humans.

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Scroll » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:01 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:00 pm
Surtur wrote:
Already in Beta4 since I have completed the old work to bring up the support for PGE File Library on LunaLua side, and now LVLX and 38ALVL files are successfully opening by LunaLua-SMBX. ;)
Nice! Would be nice if the SMBX 38A features were added since the format is supported :)

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:02 pm

Surtur wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:01 pm
Nice! Would be nice if the SMBX 38A features were added since the format is supported :)
LVLX file does support lot of own features and takes 38A specific data be kept and re-usable. (So, saving between 38ALVL into LVLX is harmless for data, but, some LVLX-specific data will be lost when saving 38ALVL). They are can be supported once the engine side implementation will be made.

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Scroll » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:04 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:02 pm
Surtur wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:01 pm
LVLX file does support lot of own features and takes 38A specific data be kept and re-usable. (So, saving between 38ALVL into LVLX is harmless for data, but, some LVLX-specific data will be lost when saving 38ALVL). They are can be supported once the engine side implementation will be made.
And how about the episodes suggestion?

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:05 pm

Surtur wrote:
After starting with the suggestions, I would like if you read and review this: This would be locked if there was already a topic/another page for this, or if the team just don't agree with it, I know. I won't demand to unlock this thread if that happens, since I'm not so sure if the community will receive it well. I say this because I have seen locked topics with a first and last reply like this: "Please don't make topics like this". Although I made this topic with the purpose that the people would give their own ideas for the SMBX development and in my opinion, that would be very useful.

=======================

Post any suggestion you have for SMBX in this topic, I guess that the dev team would review what you suggested.

Well I have mines. I guess that none of them could be added in SMBX 2.0 Beta 4 since it already has over two years under construction, but maybe for Beta 5 and/or higher:

4. Add empty slots in the editor to use custom stuff without replacing any other already used slot.
5. Include more episodes already redrawned (I want to say, with custom SFX and music, like The Princess Cliche and Return To Dinosaur Land). I suggest these ones:
- Airship Attack
- SMB3 Remake by Phil
6. I'm not sure if you already can run a test directly in the editor (like a real-time editor), so if not, I suggest it.
11. Add some enemies:
- Chain Chomp
- Floruga

I merged this with the main SMBX2 thread since it doesn't really need its own.

I'll just comment on a few of the things you listed:
1. Read the blog post, i.e. the part with "these settings will only be available in .lvlx level files, which will be the standard starting with Beta 4".
2. Sonic is hell and requires a rewriting of the player physics system to be implemented well in SMBX which would be a very difficult job and has been commented on before; Kirby I believe someone was making, not sure if it was for basegame or not.
3/8. These are planned for the future and already WIP, and have been for a while.
4. There are a good deal of dummy slots in Beta4 for things like NPCs, etc. that are blank slates.
5. This will just bulk up the download size--there's really no point. People can just download these for themselves if they want to play them and they're readily available.
6. How would this be different from the current testing?
7. Pretty much the focus of Beta5 is characters.
9. There are some backgrounds added I believe to round out some of the important ones that are missing, but I don't think they are very many. There's also custom graphics and again, no need to bulk up the size of the basegame package any more.
10. I think the case is similar to #9.
11. The goal is to include all of the enemies from main games that are worth including. "floruga" which I believe is just wiggler in English is already in Beta4

Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Scroll » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:08 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:05 pm
Surtur wrote:

=======================

- Airship Attack
- SMB3 Remake by Phil
11. Add some enemies:
- Chain Chomp
- Floruga

I merged this with the main SMBX2 thread since it doesn't really need its own.

I'll just comment on a few of the things you listed:
1. Read the blog post, i.e. the part with "these settings will only be available in .lvlx level files, which will be the standard starting with Beta 4".
2. Sonic is hell and requires a rewriting of the player physics system to be implemented well in SMBX which would be a very difficult job and has been commented on before; Kirby I believe someone was making, not sure if it was for basegame or not.
3/8. These are planned for the future and already WIP, and have been for a while.
4. There are a good deal of dummy slots in Beta4 for things like NPCs, etc. that are blank slates.
5. This will just bulk up the download size--there's really no point. People can just download these for themselves if they want to play them and they're readily available.
6. How would this be different from the current testing?
7. Pretty much the focus of Beta5 is characters.
9. There are some backgrounds added I believe to round out some of the important ones that are missing, but I don't think they are very many. There's also custom graphics and again, no need to bulk up the size of the basegame package any more.
10. I think the case is similar to #9.
11. The goal is to include all of the enemies from main games that are worth including. "floruga" which I believe is just wiggler in English is already in Beta4
Thanks!

And sorry for "Floruga". Since I speak Spanish, I have seen it just in that way in video games and I didn't know that it's called Wiggler in English lol

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:42 am

The wiggler has been featured in several blog posts.
I believe the reserved ranges for blocks, bgos and npcs were part of a blog post as well.
Red Piranha Plants from lost levels are the ones which ignore personal space right? I believe I already explained why I think those are terrible design and why you shouldn't count on them making it in...
Custom graphics are a tool literally made for people to replace stuff they don't need, so I don't see the need to add tons of new basegame backgrounds. Custom music and music/sounds.ini cover this topic for music/sound effects too. We don't need thousands of clones.
Rocky made a video on frog suit 2 years ago. We cannot add more powerups currently, however. Before you ask, no. Megashroom and starman are not powerups. They are temporary states that don't persist across levels.
Basegame episode count will be reduced for beta 4 in order to reduce the size of the download further. Not everyone has godlike internet speed.
Tests within the editor itself are a poorly thought out idea. The current setup allows you to edit the level while testing it and lets you easily switch between the two states. Embedding testing into the editor would remove that functionality and introduce a clunky UI that somehow tries to deal with different monitor resolutions displaying the same 800x600 area of the level somewhere in the scene view.
Cape feather has a wip, but exists in the same limbo as frog suit. Both of them have also been on the claims sheet for literal months. Same for wiggler. Geez.
Please do not use any of my assets (graphics, scripts) in works affiliated with the Novaverse. This applies to the original releases of those assets as well as any third-party variations (recolours, script alterations). Thank you.

The ABC of Creation

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am

I'm using Google Chrome and it works perfectly fine, i don't have to change the url or https to http or anything. The only thing that is slightly off is the fact that in the url it says "Not Secure" but generally the site is working.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

DadsamGamer0902
Goomba
Goomba
Flair: Gamer
Current Project: New Game For SMBX
Chat Username: Dadsam

Postby DadsamGamer0902 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:44 pm

The SMBX2 Need Update To Beta 4. Maybe Can Add Custom BGos Without Replace.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Send To Me Too Many GFX Resources Packs!
Dadsam Gamer
*Laugh

By: DadsamGamer0902

Inspirited
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Inspirited » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:50 am

Reposting the latest beta 4 blogpost (http://horikawaotane.com/smbx/blog/2018 ... eractions/) since some people can't access the site:
Spoiler: show
Check out my levels!

Grand Goomba
Rex
Rex
Chat Username: Guardian

Postby Grand Goomba » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:00 pm

:D Thanks a lot!

candle
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: A wanderer
Current Project: Quest for Doxoria
Chat Username: candle

Postby candle » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:07 pm

Enjl wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:28 am
That's the thing, yknow? People on the dev team thought it would be ready by 31. December 2018 but then real life struck in early 2018 and the team's manpower decreased drastically since.
What a pity :( Is there anything we can do to support the devs? I'll give it a try...

Go for it, devs! You can do it! (۶•̀ᴗ•́)۶

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:55 pm

candle wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:07 pm
Enjl wrote:
That's the thing, yknow? People on the dev team thought it would be ready by 31. December 2018 but then real life struck in early 2018 and the team's manpower decreased drastically since.
What a pity :( Is there anything we can do to support the devs? I'll give it a try...
Nothing short of getting good at lua and general programming and joining the dev team to take off some of the workload.
Please do not use any of my assets (graphics, scripts) in works affiliated with the Novaverse. This applies to the original releases of those assets as well as any third-party variations (recolours, script alterations). Thank you.

The ABC of Creation

GforGoomba
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:33 am

What are .lvlx files?
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:01 am

GforGoomba wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:33 am
What are .lvlx files?
lvl files with the added benefit I described in the blog post, with more added benefits made possible in the future, which will be announced when they're implemented.

The ABC of Creation

TheTrueMarioMaster
Bit
Bit
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:11 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:42 am
Red Piranha Plants from lost levels are the ones which ignore personal space right? I believe I already explained why I think those are terrible design and why you shouldn't count on them making it in...
But Red Piranha Plants are on the claim sheet even if they aren't going to make it into Beta 4. Also surprised chain chomps aren't anywhere on the claim sheet even though I've heard someone already made them before in lunalua.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

candle
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: A wanderer
Current Project: Quest for Doxoria
Chat Username: candle

Postby candle » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:08 pm

Enjl wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:55 pm
candle wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:07 pm
Enjl wrote:
Nothing short of getting good at lua and general programming and joining the dev team to take off some of the workload.
My programming skills suffice for almost beating Lightbot, but that's it... Anyway, thanks for the info :) For now I'll just keep on encouraging the devs and telling others about SMBX.

Return to “Archives”