Site Discussion Thread

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Danny » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:06 pm

Tyler1209 wrote:So yea, it's not coming back soon.
Don't be so sure about that.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2465
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: super mario timeline
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Rhosty » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:20 pm

Danny wrote:
Tyler1209 wrote:So yea, it's not coming back soon.
Don't be so sure about that.
I'm sure about that.

Image

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account
I have selective mutism and quite possibly Asperger's

User avatar
arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby arcade999 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:08 pm

Noodle wrote:
Danny wrote:
Noodle wrote:My mum recently banned me from Discord!
Whhyyyy? IRC is significantly more unsafe than Discord is. Like, significantly more.
Unsafe? It is dead, which means it is completely safe.
Love your logic, but if you ``undead``the place, well it won't be ``safe`` anymore, so this is why your reasonement is somehow paradoxal, an how can our mum ban you from discord? She isn't an admin as I know.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

loop13
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 980
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:56 pm
Flair: I mainly play Celeste nowadays
Current Project: failing English IV
Chat Username: loop13uh

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby loop13 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:12 pm

arcade999 wrote:
Noodle wrote:
Danny wrote: Whhyyyy? IRC is significantly more unsafe than Discord is. Like, significantly more.
Unsafe? It is dead, which means it is completely safe.
Love your logic, but if you ``undead``the place, well it won't be ``safe`` anymore, so this is why your reasonement is somehow paradoxal, an how can our mum ban you from discord? She isn't an admin as I know.
Noodle probably means that his mother won't allow him on Discord.
Hello, I make a lot of typos
specific people know my whereabouts though

my wifi is as useful as a brick

im more active on discord

:idea: I'm not (completely) dead; I rarely talk because I usually have nothin to say; I'll talk when I actually have a comment I want to make, or if someone asks me somethin...

nostalgia is a beautiful thing, isn't it?

anything before 2020 is most likely me being a weirdo or an idiot.

User avatar
Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 am
Current Project: idk lol

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Snessy the duck » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:10 pm

I don't really get why you can only delete your post if it's the newest one in the thread, why is that exactly?
Image

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Image

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2372
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Unidentified » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:10 pm

I would rather say that we should simply hang out at MosaicMafia until mafia is unarchived. I know from experience that being impatient doesn't help a single thing; If anything it makes stuff worse. MosaicMafia is going fine, and things have calmed down(If you don't consider timocomlita causing trouble, but he is banned anyways), so let's wait and the game masters will eventually reach the conclusion that the community is ready for another mafia game here. It may take a while, but it will eventually happen.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:20 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:I would rather say that we should simply hang out at MosaicMafia until mafia is unarchived. I know from experience that being impatient doesn't help a single thing; If anything it makes stuff worse. MosaicMafia is going fine, and things have calmed down(If you don't consider timocomlita causing trouble, but he is banned anyways), so let's wait and the game masters will eventually reach the conclusion that the community is ready for another mafia game here. It may take a while, but it will eventually happen.
Good decision there.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

User avatar
Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Posts: 1295
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:53 am
Current Project: viewtopic.php?t=16308

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Radiance » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:I don't really get why you can only delete your post if it's the newest one in the thread, why is that exactly?
To prevent the other users to be confused why the conversation lacks something. But if you want to delete your post, let the admin delete your account. edit your post and say it's deleted. That's what the other users do.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:26 pm

Mr Briney wrote:But if you want to delete your post, let the admin delete your account. edit your post and say it's deleted. That's what the other users do.
Protip: if you want to avoid your reputation going down the drain, then never, ever do this.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

User avatar
Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Posts: 1295
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:53 am
Current Project: viewtopic.php?t=16308

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Radiance » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:29 pm

I didn't know that it would cause an adverse effect.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:33 pm

There are some people who have arguments, then they erase their posts afterward because they regretted being in the argument. It's pretty stupid, especially because then it becomes very hard to descern the context out of the post.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

User avatar
Oshi
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 pm
Flair: Nothing interesting here, move along
Current Project: Not worth mentioning
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Oshi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Zha Hong Lang wrote:There are some people who have arguments, then they erase their posts afterward because they regretted being in the argument. It's pretty stupid, especially because then it becomes very hard to descern the context out of the post.
Agreed. Why would a person decide to back out whenever he/she already put down their thoughts?
If you are interested in Mafia, RTD, or DnD, please check out Minigame Plaza. Unfortunately the server has been declining recently, and we would like people like you to join.
Spoiler: show
godblessamerica21 wrote: when i get mod your ass is grass amigo
projects I support: show
Image
Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4475
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Electriking » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Tyler1209 wrote:
Zha Hong Lang wrote:There are some people who have arguments, then they erase their posts afterward because they regretted being in the argument. It's pretty stupid, especially because then it becomes very hard to descern the context out of the post.
Agreed. Why would a person decide to back out whenever he/she already put down their thoughts?
If you delete your posts as a result of regretting them, then you basically confess to doing something wrong, and you show that you are trying to hide bad things.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Oshi
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 pm
Flair: Nothing interesting here, move along
Current Project: Not worth mentioning
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Oshi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Since The Invasion 3: Shadow Star is basically ??? as of now, I'd just like to ask why isn't it being updated? Was it forgot about or people just didn't bother? It's been a while since there has been an update on the episode, and the fixing of the images doesn't count. Is it still being worked on?

Edit: What's with the 200x200 pixel limit on avatars?
If you are interested in Mafia, RTD, or DnD, please check out Minigame Plaza. Unfortunately the server has been declining recently, and we would like people like you to join.
Spoiler: show
godblessamerica21 wrote: when i get mod your ass is grass amigo
projects I support: show
Image
Image

User avatar
Quill
Rydia
Rydia
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:51 pm
Current Project: Apocalypse of Foroze...?
Contact:

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Quill » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:40 pm

200x200 avatars is actually pretty massive, especially considering the size limit on traditional forums.

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2570
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby glitch4 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:00 pm

month of july thread wrote:- A new system to encourage reviews is coming. Levels on the forum haven't been receiving the attention they deserve. We're planning to introduce a new system this month that encourage users to review levels more often. It won't be the return of Level Judges, in case you're thinking it's that, but it should hopefully increase the amount of reviews levels see.
Quill forgot this

User avatar
Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 am
Current Project: idk lol

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:12 pm

glitch4 wrote:
month of july thread wrote:- A new system to encourage reviews is coming. Levels on the forum haven't been receiving the attention they deserve. We're planning to introduce a new system this month that encourage users to review levels more often. It won't be the return of Level Judges, in case you're thinking it's that, but it should hopefully increase the amount of reviews levels see.
Quill forgot this
What exactly do you mean by that?
Image

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Image

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6363
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Cedur » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:27 pm

The update of Worlds and GFX pages is planned for August as the thread says, and the new rating system wasn't given a concrete timeframe. It may look at first like nothing has happened since the announcement but that's not really true (SCC and Discord pruning happened as well)
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Quill
Rydia
Rydia
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:51 pm
Current Project: Apocalypse of Foroze...?
Contact:

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Quill » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:52 pm

The review stuff got delayed, but I'll make sure it's implemented sometime in August. I'll mention that, alongside other things, in the Month of August thread coming up.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:54 pm

It might make things a little bit more clear for users if estimated times were set out from the beginning for upcoming features. And when life happens and a goal isn't reached by the estimated time, the staff responsible can just make a comment and give another estimated extension.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)


Return to “Archives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests