Official community level contests.
Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Mable » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:00 am

We will always have people who put no effort into their stuff. This will never change, i would name some but i won't.

RoundPiplup
Grinder
Grinder

Postby RoundPiplup » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:43 am

I would had put effort but sadly in my school, there's no break. Also I got that WEEKEND SCHOOLS...
Don't worry if there's a CC this summer I'll show a not rushed level.
The Past still haunts me.
Spoiler: show

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Current Project: TBA ;)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:58 pm

So I guess there are probably five tiers inf there was to be a teir system in this.
I do wonder how well the other levels do so I guess best luck to everyone else who submitted.

Anyways, how are you other judges doing on the process?
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:07 pm

Can't wait to see where I will place. I even prerecorded a video of my level! Image

diamantico21
Bit
Bit
Current Project: An untiteled smbx project that nobody knows about

Postby diamantico21 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:12 pm

h2643 wrote:Can't wait to see where I will place. I even prerecorded a video of my level! Image
narcissism intensefied
Yue's the most cute thing ever... it's so sweet, I can feel the diabetes crawling in my skin

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:53 am

Can't wait to see the levels that are scored under 0

as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby as303298 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:15 am

The ones I rated as -1 are the ones not even worth mentioning. I knew one, simply because too many people spoiled it for me, and it was nothing short of just a gimmick experiment. Including 5 seconds of gameplay and a broken event.

As for a judging update. I should be done by Monday Night, maybe even sooner.
The SMBX Let's Player, as303298 / Wraith Admanknight
Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/as303298?feature=mhee

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Current Project: TBA ;)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:03 pm

I still wonder how Bossedit8 and ElTipsa are doing with the judging, I hadn't heard any updates about their progress yet.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby as303298 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:39 pm

Sorry guys but I wont be able to finish my set of reviews today. Apparently a huge chunk of people decided to not even bother making a real level, which only wastes my time.

Right now Ten levels remain.

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:39 am

as303298 wrote:Sorry guys but I wont be able to finish my set of reviews today. Apparently a huge chunk of people decided to not even bother making a real level, which only wastes my time.

I saw your reactions to many of these levels in Skype, and damn, there's really a lot of dumb and joke levels for no reason this time. I wonder why...

as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby as303298 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:36 am

I will say that I am overall very disappointed in the levels submitted. A lot are structured to be hard, not creative and presentable.

The ones that actually TRY though...good lord they are amazing.
Simply put, there was a ghost house I liked. <- You will never see this sentence again...I assure you.

Yoshi678
Rex
Rex
Current Project: [ERROR 404: PROJECT NOT FOUND]
Chat Username: Yoshi678

Postby Yoshi678 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:28 pm

as303298 wrote:Sorry guys but I wont be able to finish my set of reviews today. Apparently a huge chunk of people decided to not even bother making a real level, which only wastes my time.

It's like every, and I do mean every joke ever thought of and made. Once can be hilarious, but if it happens so many times, the joke falls flat and amuses no one. It becomes the bottom of the barrel of laughs, A pointless, recurring thing that only aggravates and makes people groan whenever it is heard or seen. I feel sorry for you judges. You put your time into critically analysing our works, looking to find those that are worthy, not just for being among the best, but for spawning more from an aspiring level designer. But all we seem to have given you are half-arsed for the sake of pointless episode filler or meeting a deadline. Must be real disheartening. I may have made my level on the last day, but at least I put my heart into those three to five hours. Perhaps this contest was a bit ill-timed? Short notice? I'm not sure what goes on in these people's minds, but I think they should begin to take level these contests more seriously, even if they are at the end of the day, just for fun.

I'm like Sans in a way. Just replace the puns with witty banter and remove the crippling depression. :P

=Contest Results in Order of Participation=
SVLC 2016: 17th/42 (Simple Wood Level - 6.07)
Downwards Level Contest: 6th/6 (*I don't remember the level name or score.) (Currently my greatest failure as a level designer.)
Super Community Contest: ?th/46 (Rhedoht Woods) (Disqualified for broken submission. RIP me. =\)

RoundPiplup
Grinder
Grinder

Postby RoundPiplup » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:43 pm

Sorry for the judges who found my level a waste of time. It would had been more of a level itself if I had more time(for this contest).
The Past still haunts me.

Dominodalek
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Dominodalek » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:14 pm

I only found out about the contest four days before the deadline. Still got a proper level completed though (though a certain part sticks out like a sore thumb, and I'm not particularly happy with it.)

Zipper
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: sos
Chat Username: ZipperQR

Postby Zipper » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:22 pm

Yoshi678 wrote: It's like every, and I do mean every joke ever thought of and made. Once can be hilarious, but if it happens so many times, the joke falls flat and amuses no one. It becomes the bottom of the barrel of laughs, A pointless, recurring thing that only aggravates and makes people groan whenever it is heard or seen. I feel sorry for you judges. You put your time into critically analysing our works, looking to find those that are worthy, not just for being among the best, but for spawning more from an aspiring level designer.
see at least when I play a joke level, I can make a shitpost review, slam my 0 down the score table, and move on, having a sensible chuckle.

it's the average levels that are a strain to write about, because you want the author to obviously IMPROVE, but there's nothing to give advice on. they're not doing BAD but they COULD be better, and it's not really certain HOW

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:04 pm

I was very happy with the way my level turned out and hope that the judges enjoy(ed) it

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Zipper wrote:
Yoshi678 wrote: It's like every, and I do mean every joke ever thought of and made. Once can be hilarious, but if it happens so many times, the joke falls flat and amuses no one. It becomes the bottom of the barrel of laughs, A pointless, recurring thing that only aggravates and makes people groan whenever it is heard or seen. I feel sorry for you judges. You put your time into critically analysing our works, looking to find those that are worthy, not just for being among the best, but for spawning more from an aspiring level designer.
see at least when I play a joke level, I can make a shitpost review, slam my 0 down the score table, and move on, having a sensible chuckle.

it's the average levels that are a strain to write about, because you want the author to obviously IMPROVE, but there's nothing to give advice on. they're not doing BAD but they COULD be better, and it's not really certain HOW
As someone who's hosted 2 unofficial contests with several average levels, I can say that this man speaks the truth
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

WaluigiTime64
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby WaluigiTime64 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:02 am

I actually put a lot of effort into mine (IMO), I mean, I had a text document for ideas and everything. I hope my level was good.
I don't know, what am I supposed to write here?

Nat The Porcupine
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Nothing ATM

Postby Nat The Porcupine » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:20 am

I actually tried to make a legitimate level. However, I'll openly admit that I don't think I developed the main gimmick enough. Sure, it was a good idea, I just didn't give the concept enough time to mature appropriately.

Oh well, I still hope the judges enjoyed it. Good luck everyone!

ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: A project

Postby ElTipsta » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:43 pm

i have about a dozen levels left to judge guys

plz don't hurt me fro being slow

Edit: I greatly ovwrsetimated. Only about 4 now.
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:

Return to “Level Contests”