SVLC 2016

Official community level contests.
Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Sancles-Chan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:32 pm

as303298 wrote: I didn't just sit on my butt and say "you suck and you suck and you all suck."
Well it sure seems like it considering your reviews
I go by She/Her for those who aren't aware yet.

Yoshi678
Rex
Rex
Current Project: [ERROR 404: PROJECT NOT FOUND]
Chat Username: Yoshi678

Postby Yoshi678 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:32 pm

As for the curse word thing, I find that incredibly inappropriate. Don't forget some people are either incredibly young or too immature to really handle the "big kid words." There is absolutely no reason to use profanity in a level.
Excuse me, Wraith. This is 2016. The internet has long been mainstream and will continue to be, likely for some billions of years as we evolve as a species. But, Kids around here, where I live swear like sailors from ages as early as 6. SIX. Why? Well that's a very complicated question but it can be narrowed down to the following:

-Very irresponsible teens
-Even less responsible parents (this part of the UK doesn't have the best rep for that :? )
-internet exposure

You see? As long as the internet lives, childhoods are begging to be ruined by the Internet combined with shitty parenting. This may come off as a very moot point, but kids being exposed to swearing is their problem, not ours though I do see why you're concerned. (Come on, it's the internet, deal with it)

I'm like Sans in a way. Just replace the puns with witty banter and remove the crippling depression. :P

=Contest Results in Order of Participation=
SVLC 2016: 17th/42 (Simple Wood Level - 6.07)
Downwards Level Contest: 6th/6 (*I don't remember the level name or score.) (Currently my greatest failure as a level designer.)
Super Community Contest: ?th/46 (Rhedoht Woods) (Disqualified for broken submission. RIP me. =\)

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Postby Witchking666 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:34 pm

as303298 wrote:I didn't just sit on my butt
but how are you such an ass if you dont use your butt.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:34 pm

zlakergirl357 wrote:by the way what makes you believe as a level judge you can submit a review saying "uninstall this program"
this
im a girl yo

Eternity
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Eternity » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:35 pm

WARNING: KINDA HUGE POST
as303298 wrote:The notes THEMSELVES are not the review, just extra notes I had. While it is true I could've been more constructive, I still find my most immediate and truthful words to be more worthwhile than another review that four other judges are already going to cover.
As for the "full review", they are very generalized to fit within the spectrum of all of these levels. They are in no fashion as in-depth as my normal reviews; simply because I didn't expect someone to really want to read my entire reviews. I can make a screenshot of my Excel Sheet so everyone can cross-reference their numbers to it, but for a full on review they need to contact me privately.
Personally I'd rather see your comments on the levels though, a bunch of numbers isn't really going to help. If you have more in-depth comments please post them here, they would certainly be more helpful to the contestants than "please uninstall SMBX". Maybe your scoring/the categories too, there's no reason not to I guess.
I am harsh, I will agree to that, but I find it hard to find redeeming qualities in levels that are genuinely just bad. If two people were able to make a ghost house that even I liked, then surely there is something fundamentally wrong with how a majority of people treat contests and not just me.
Then you can point out what's so bad about it and give at least a few tips on what could be changed, or at least mention that the level is plainly bad and has no redeeming qualities instead of grabbing something out of your amazing insults bag. Also I'm sorry but harsh reviews =/= rude/"assholeish" reviews. That's kinda understandable for joke levels, but not when the contestant have actually put effort into their level, and considering how many zeros you have given so far I think at least some of these are legit levels, even if they're not exactly well-designed.
The ones that read "don't even get a review", means that there were so few redeeming qualities that I didn't bother going into my excel sheet to calculate scores since I knew it would be 0. So my "review" itself isn't harsh, just my notes.
So you had a decent review but didn't bother actually writing it up? When the contest had under 50 levels? :v

Also bringing back from an older post because I'm interested in seeing what you think (I could just link it but eh):
They have experience in wasting so much time into SMBX and contests, whereas I only have so much patience or attention span to deal with the same monotonous tasks.
Judging a contest is nowhere near being an easy task (and yeah, I have a fair bit of experience with reviewing and contest judging), if you don't have the time or patience to play through all these levels and give some good feedback on them then you probably shouldn't have accepted the position in first place. All you're doing is dragging the contest down right now.
For how immature the community itself can be, I couldn't care less about the language I use. Just because I use it doesn't make it right either.
And I believe the word you want is hypocritical, not lie. At least get the right vocabulary if you want to argue with me.

And I won't admit I am wrong, because I am not saying my comments are right either. They are the immediate and truthful words that were spawned when I finished playing a level. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less true that the level make me think exactly this. I will not include nor omit information for a review just because my opinions changed ever so slightly or because someone doesn't like what I said. And really, for someone like me who uses profanity as a second language when I feel like being lazy, trying to call me morally justified is laughable at best.
1. If you really couldn't care less, you're only adding to the "immature part of the community" (which is more of a vocal minority than anything, from what I could see).

2. I don't mind your comments being extremely hypocritical as much as they just not being helpful. Once again, your "truthful" comments really aren't helping, you're only ruining the otherwise seemingly fine results. If you're not willing to improve yourself as a reviewer and are going to just ignore the criticism everyone's giving you with "lol opinions opinions", then you once again shouldn't be a contest judge, specially not in a "serious" contest lol. And for the last part I don't really have a lot to say other than "what the actual fuck"

And once again,
There's a point where you need to put your "methodology" aside a bit and, you know, try to give some actual feedback to the authors. Not everyone is in because they want to win alone, some people do make levels for fun and submit them even though they themselves think it has no winning potential. And you know, as long as it isn't a blatant joke/troll level, that's perfectly fine. Contests do not have to be 100% super serious levels. And even if this was a serious contest, wouldn't that mean that the reviews would have to be serious/professional as well (as in, constructive criticism >>>>> insults)?
aka Aeon.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:35 pm

zlakergirl357 and Spinda wrote:by the way what makes you believe as a level judge you can submit a review saying "uninstall this program"
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016

Lukas Old Account
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Expedition Neon

Postby Lukas Old Account » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:37 pm

witchking666 wrote:
as303298, more like ass303298.
bye

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Lukas wrote:
witchking666 wrote:
He is absolutely asoutnumbered with hate comments here.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Jesus Christmas, this discussion went way too far!

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:39 pm

h2643 wrote:Jesus Christmas, this discussion went way too far!
Just far enough*

Eternity
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Eternity » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:39 pm

I just hope the actual interesting criticism doesn't get buried by the annoying hate comments :v
aka Aeon.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:39 pm

h2643 wrote:Jesus Christmas, this discussion went way too far!
yeah christmas in spring geez.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:40 pm

Last edited by HeroLinik on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:40 pm

Linik wrote:
Lukas wrote:
witchking666 wrote: but how are you such an ass if you dont use your butt.
He is absolutely asoutnumbered with hate comments here.
Calling him an ass for not being able to review levels properly doesn't solve anything.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: A project

Postby ElTipsta » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:41 pm

wraith you're starting to become a meme now

In all seriosuness though looking back at my reviews so far, I do feel like I was too generous with some of the levels so far. I should have written more for my reviews IMO but at least I detailed some flaws and issues with the levels.

I would say "can we stop?" but that isn't going to happen tbh.
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Postby Aristo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:41 pm

im just gonna disappear from this forum for a while oops
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:42 pm

ElTipsta wrote:I would say "can we stop?" but that isn't going to happen tbh.
It usually should be stopped but apparently not... it's just keep going on a rail with no end.

RoundPiplup
Grinder
Grinder

Postby RoundPiplup » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:42 pm

Wow great the rage is leaking out can't wait to spoil my level and its "gimmick."
The Past still haunts me.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:42 pm

as303298 wrote:
Waddle Derp wrote:So you're admitting you were wrong, but try to justify that by saying they were impulsive comments?
Last edited by Witchking666 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: A project

Postby ElTipsta » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:43 pm

Marina wrote:im just gonna disappear from this forum for a while oops
did you anticipate all this drama from his scores prior to posting them? honestly
bossedit8 wrote:
ElTipsta wrote:I would say "can we stop?" but that isn't going to happen tbh.
It usually should be stopped but apparently not... it's just keep going on a rail with no end.
Welcome to the SMBX community.
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:

Return to “Level Contests”