Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:02 pm

SMBXxer wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
as303298 wrote:Count me in as well
If Bossedit8, as303298, Elitalianoverde, and Zlakerboy357 are competing, I have no choice, but I asked to be in on 18/3/14/C, so I can not complain, let me freeze the Compititiön!
I have no idea what that means.
I guess I'll join this contest then. Yay =)
You will see! Also, I forgot to put this on there! I want to beat my SMBX Instructors and as303298! "I also am trying to get into a level maker posstiön"

Also,Good Luck Fluttershy!

ImageImageImage

Star
Bit
Bit

Postby Star » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:07 pm

May i join?

My level won't be kaizo you know.
I have stop updating my project. Don't cry though. It's being updated here!

http://smbxuniverse.my-board.org/

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:26 am

I don't know if you guys are interested, but I could help judge if you like. Might be nice to represent our two communities =).

Obviously, I have some experience with the recent MaGL, which kinda... Exploded way beyond what any of us were expecting haha.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:17 am

Horikawa Otane wrote:I don't know if you guys are interested, but I could help judge if you like. Might be nice to represent our two communities =).

Obviously, I have some experience with the recent MaGL, which kinda... Exploded way beyond what any of us were expecting haha.
Valtteri wrote:We have enough judges at this point.
Living explosives, prone to destroying themselves along with their enemies with their powerful "Self-Destruct." Bombs take the rage built up by being attacked and transform it into energy. This, in turn, makes them grow, sometimes to incredible sizes.

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:37 am

Ok, i swear by my obsesion with femtails and braixen that i will enter AND SUBMIT a fucking level

if i don't, please take them away from me

yes, i'm being serious.

CreatorForce
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby CreatorForce » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:29 am

Hmm...I'm understand your rules. I'm in :)

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:23 am

Horikawa Otane wrote:I don't know if you guys are interested, but I could help judge if you like. Might be nice to represent our two communities =).

If Valtteri is up for it (he runs these things), I would definitely support this.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:27 am

Oh, and about joke levels. What are you going to do with them by the time ToB6 is released? Are you going to put them in or ban them from the episode?
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:34 am

It is better to not spoil anything by the releasement right there. Keep it as a surprise.

Mighty.EXE
Banned

Postby Mighty.EXE » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:01 pm

I'll join because, I feel like actualy making a level and not just entering not to do anything :D

Chris900J
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Chris900J » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:07 pm

I'm in. I hope I can make something unique for this one...

Delete if Allowed 2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Delete if Allowed 2 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:43 pm

Sure, I'll join in this contest.

ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby ElTipsta » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:50 pm

castlewars wrote:Oh, and about joke levels. What are you going to do with them by the time ToB6 is released? Are you going to put them in or ban them from the episode?
Heres an idea on this. If there is only one or two, depending on what they are (as in, levels that are funny, short and easy or don't have to do much to complete them) they could be placed in Tier 1 with the rest of the serious, poor-quality levels (like KoolKats level in ToB4) If there are multiple, annoying levels (namely the entire joke level area in ToB3) then they could be placed in their own section, however should be left entirely optional, and the player should be allowed to skip them, unlike in the ToB iteration I used as an example.

On a side note, levels like it-seems-legit.iso should not be included in the hub. To elaborate, levels that are deliberately annoying, unfair and tedious. If this rule was to be implemented, levels that score under 1 point (like it-seems-legit.iso did at a measly 0.85) should be treated in this way. That way the player has the option to experience them, but not have it in the episode itself, and instead have to open the level via the editor. So, in a way, those that really care about playing the level have to go out of the way to play it. It will also look better on the SMBX Community if Lets Players didn't have to play through such rubbish duting their playthroughs.

In my opinion, joke levels is what makes this series so special, alongside the hubs, which have got better over each new iteration. To conclude, I personally wouldn't want them to be banned, however the atrocious it-seems-legit.iso-esque levels do need to be controlled a bit.

Also, while I'm at it, I hope that the overall quality of the levels in this tournament increases as a whole. ToB4's was really bad, consisting of two-and-a-half tiers of tedious, overly long levels where switch blocks is the norm and ToB5's improved dramatically on this, raising it to just one tier and a few scattered over the second and third tiers. There will always be poor-quality levels, but I hope ToB6 dosen't end up playing like ToB4.
Joey wrote:

If Valtteri is up for it (he runs these things), I would definitely support this.
Same here :)
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:04 pm

ElTipsta wrote:Heres an idea on this. If there is only one or two, depending on what they are (as in, levels that are funny, short and easy or don't have to do much to complete them) they could be placed in Tier 1 with the rest of the serious, poor-quality levels (like KoolKats level in ToB4) If there are multiple, annoying levels (namely the entire joke level area in ToB3) then they could be placed in their own section, however should be left entirely optional, and the player should be allowed to skip them, unlike in the ToB iteration I used as an example.
I entirely agree wiht this here. I'd like to point though, joke levels, judging on past experiences, are usually hardly beatable. Some of them even have glitches that make you die on a pretty much unfair way, such as that you collide with the roof and the player just dies. In my opinion, joke levels should be allowed, and by the very same politic ElTipsta marked, but at the same time joke levels should have a clear objective, or something that makes the level less unfair.
ElTipsta wrote:On a side note, levels like it-seems-legit.iso should not be included in the hub. To elaborate, levels that are deliberately annoying, unfair and tedious. If this rule was to be implemented, levels that score under 1 point (like it-seems-legit.iso did at a measly 0.85) should be treated in this way. That way the player has the option to experience them, but not have it in the episode itself, and instead have to open the level via the editor. So, in a way, those that really care about playing the level have to go out of the way to play it. It will also look better on the SMBX Community if Lets Players didn't have to play through such rubbish duting their playthroughs.
OMG U SAID RUBISH
Honestly though that's a harsh critic there. Anyway, I agree here as well, pretty much the same answer as before.
ElTipsta wrote:In my opinion, joke levels is what makes this series so special, alongside the hubs, which have got better over each new iteration. To conclude, I personally wouldn't want them to be banned, however the atrocious it-seems-legit.iso-esque levels do need to be controlled a bit.
Yeah, never played it, but I do think it might be really tediuos if you keep pointing it out there.
ElTipsta wrote:Also, while I'm at it, I hope that the overall quality of the levels in this tournament increases as a whole. ToB4's was really bad, consisting of two-and-a-half tiers of tedious, overly long levels where switch blocks is the norm and ToB5's improved dramatically on this, raising it to just one tier and a few scattered over the second and third tiers. There will always be poor-quality levels, but I hope ToB6 dosen't end up playing like ToB4.
Never played any ToB below 5 so I don't know how they were, despite I've seen some videos of ToB3 bossedit8 made. I'm curious about the HUBs honestly, I wonder how they will be.
Last edited by Fuyu on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Megar
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Megar » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:27 pm

I must say... why are you people so eager to join? The moment you saw my post you should instantly have been aware that you'd lose...

...unless, of course, you think you can beat me.
disgusting

litchh
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby litchh » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:14 pm

I guess, you will judge levels in 1.3.0.1 version, right?

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:21 pm

litchh wrote:I guess, you will judge levels in 1.3.0.1 version, right?
There aren't any other newer version of SMBX so yeah they'll probably do that..
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:32 pm

litchh wrote:I guess, you will judge levels in 1.3.0.1 version, right?
It doesn't matter whether your level was made with 1.3 or 1.3.0.1.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:33 pm

...but 1.3.0.1 is the version we support, so download it.

jenyafio100
Rex
Rex

Postby jenyafio100 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:01 pm

is the winner getting a medal?
if you can read it, you can see...

Return to “Level Contests”