Level Contest 7

Official community level contests.
silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby silent_ » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:00 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:So will Kep be a judge or not?
I don't know if anyone missed FanofSMBX's post or just didn't acknowledge it, but I'd like to know or get a reply to this. It would motivate me more since I've lost interest in reviewing on the forum itself for the most part and posting smaller reviews for a contest would be nice. Of course though, I would understand if there's too much judges as it is but honestly it's not fair considering that all of the other level judges got an opportunity but not me.
previously known as Kep

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby MistakesWereMade » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Ignoritus wrote:There was actually a "ToB" for the original contest since raocow was originally going to LP that one, but it was never released and is long lost.
it was probably trash B)

User avatar
Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby Valtteri » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Kep wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:So will Kep be a judge or not?
I don't know if anyone missed FanofSMBX's post or just didn't acknowledge it, but I'd like to know or get a reply to this. It would motivate me more since I've lost interest in reviewing on the forum itself for the most part and posting smaller reviews for a contest would be nice. Of course though, I would understand if there's too much judges as it is but honestly it's not fair considering that all of the other level judges got an opportunity but not me.
I'm really sorry, this isn't at all how I wanted the judge team choice to end up like, but the team is way too big already and as much as I feel bad for everyone who wanted to be in it, I can't hire any more.
Image

User avatar
TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Posts: 2621
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:16 pm
Flair: Info under raps

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Why is my name not bolded? I sent my level to you. I see the message with the download in my sent messages folder and you've read it, because it's not in the outbox.
The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams

User avatar
Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby Valtteri » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:17 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:Why is my name not bolded? I sent my level to you. I see the message with the download in my sent messages folder and you've read it, because it's not in the outbox.
It is bolded.
Image

User avatar
andregemeo23
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby andregemeo23 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:53 pm

I'll join this contest. =D
Check my new Episode!
Image

Image

User avatar
Ace
Posts: 576
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby Ace » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:15 pm

Nien wrote:
Ignoritus wrote:There was actually a "ToB" for the original contest since raocow was originally going to LP that one, but it was never released and is long lost.
it was probably trash B)
nien ur just mad because u know u can't beat me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3874
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:18 pm

So all the level judges get to judge EXCEPT for Kep?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!


User avatar
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Posts: 4293
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Yes, and that's just a coincedence.

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby MistakesWereMade » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:24 pm

Ace wrote:
Nien wrote:
Ignoritus wrote:There was actually a "ToB" for the original contest since raocow was originally going to LP that one, but it was never released and is long lost.
it was probably trash B)
nien ur just mad because u know u can't beat me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
? you're going to get crushed canadian

also fanofsmbx: he's not going to judge, stop complaining.

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby mariogeek2 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Valtteri wrote:
Chad wrote:That's a good thought, maybe if there's enough of a demand for them I can make a thread for all of them.
Actually, I think I should do it since I run the contests.

As for ToB0, I did plan to make one back when I announced CC5, but I didn't have the levels. Now I do, but seeing as the idea is getting a lot of popularity and a lot of people are coming up with ideas for it, I got this crazy idea. Have a hub contest!!! After this contest, I can host a contest where you have to make a hub for the CC1 levels. The winner would get the official title, Tower of Biased 0. How does that sound? I know a lot of people are growing tired of the normal level contests, so I imagine this would be that change of direction in the CC series many have asked for.
That's a pretty cool idea. But the first hub contest should definitely be a poll, with all the popular ideas for the theme of the hub being on the poll, such as a sky-city hub, a mountain hub, a cave hub, or maybe even a volcano hub.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3874
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Why a hub, and not a world map?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!


User avatar
Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Horikawa Otane wrote:It was a huge pain to make and involved screen-recording and manual editing of frames
Horikawa Otane wrote:this was a pain in the butt - I had to video capture and then grab frames and... Yeah.
I can empathize with what you're talking about; I had to do the same thing for the goal ring in my Sonic 3D Blast level. Speaking of...
Valtteri wrote:seeing as the idea is getting a lot of popularity and a lot of people are coming up with ideas for it, I got this crazy idea. Have a hub contest!!! After this contest, I can host a contest where you have to make a hub for the CC1 levels.
Why not make the hub isometric, similar to SMRPG? The story could be that, after ToB6, Biased sent Mario and the others back in time to the first community contest, but in order to manipulate the fourth dimension (time), Biased first had to implement the third dimension (depth)! (yeah, I still remember ToB1's "plot")
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
Spoiler: show
Image
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

User avatar
FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3874
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:28 pm

3D? How? Is it like your "2d with 3d graphics" thing where you only move up-right and down-left?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!


User avatar
ap3jmpt
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby ap3jmpt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:30 pm

I've been waiting a long time for this! Count me in! :D

User avatar
Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:39 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:3D? How? Is it like your "2d with 3d graphics" thing where you only move up-right and down-left?
Yes, hence the "Speaking of..." after my mention of it. Of course, this theoretical hub could be radically different by having you move up-left and down-right instead! :lol:
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
Spoiler: show
Image
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby mariogeek2 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:40 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:It was a huge pain to make and involved screen-recording and manual editing of frames
Horikawa Otane wrote:this was a pain in the butt - I had to video capture and then grab frames and... Yeah.
I can empathize with what you're talking about; I had to do the same thing for the goal ring in my Sonic 3D Blast level. Speaking of...
Valtteri wrote:seeing as the idea is getting a lot of popularity and a lot of people are coming up with ideas for it, I got this crazy idea. Have a hub contest!!! After this contest, I can host a contest where you have to make a hub for the CC1 levels.
Why not make the hub isometric, similar to SMRPG? The story could be that, after ToB6, Biased sent Mario and the others back in time to the first community contest, but in order to manipulate the fourth dimension (time), Biased first had to implement the third dimension (depth)! (yeah, I still remember ToB1's "plot")
I was just going to say that about the plot somehow involving time travel, but I guess you beat me to it. Though, that still is a good idea. Take notes, Valtteri!
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
xtremegamer51
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby xtremegamer51 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:53 pm

This random Idea popped in my head.
I call it,islands of biase.
In this you would go in an airplain and travel from one island to the next,and each island has its own kind of small tower/fortress,and it would be like,the first island has tier 5,the next tier 4,then 3,2 and 1.
Image
Open the door,get on the floor,everybody do the DINOSAUR!
ImageImage
Image
I support...
Spoiler: show
Image
Irc chat messages of glory.
Spoiler: show
[20:49] <RedPanda> WHO WANNA PLAY GARRYS MOD M8S!??!
[20:49] <kinoko> I can play MK8
[20:49] <RedPanda> You win
[20:50] <RedPanda> Gotta put that line in my signature

[15:00] <Xtremegamer51> Captain R U Redy 4 Freddeh?
[15:00] <CaptainAmerica> Xtremegamer51 Thanks but I'm not gay.
[15:01] <CaptainAmerica> I don't want to be with Freddy.
I go by the name,RedPanda,and Xtremegamer51 on the IRC chat room. C:

User avatar
Star
Bit
Bit
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby Star » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:24 am

Reghrhre takes over the tower by demoting everyone.
He then brainwashes the people who used to be staff into fun loving maniacs.
He locks everyone else into their OWN level. (Everyone needs their own sprite though)
Mario is also trapped.

Time for Luigi to step up and save the day!

...
...

Seriously.
I have stop updating my project. Don't cry though. It's being updated here!

http://smbxuniverse.my-board.org/

User avatar
FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3874
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:01 am

Could I please have a list of who's level was who in CC1 and their averaged scores?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!



Return to “Level Contests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests