Super Community Contest - We have a Winner!

Official community level contests.
Cetus808
Bit
Bit

Re: Super Community Contest

Postby Cetus808 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:25 am

I'm interested in joining this as my first contest. It sounds huge, and I may not wanna miss it.

timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:53 am

And this is my second contest.
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Spoiler: show
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!

Sux
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Sux » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:49 pm

One question, is it like the previous contest ( official ) ?
I mean, will have a ToB of the levels of this contest?

FrozenQuills
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby FrozenQuills » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:25 pm

Sux wrote:One question, is it like the previous contest ( official ) ?
I mean, will have a ToB of the levels of this contest?
There will be an episode, but it won't be called Tower of Biased since that series already ended.

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Postby Sancles-Chan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:55 pm

I've now sat down and actually started working on my level and I've decided to try out a new way to make a level

I've managed to get around 40%-ish of the level done in like a couple of hours and I think it's turning out great so far.
She/Her
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

Shinbison-Kof
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:59 am

I'll do it..

↓↓ Hey! Check my new episode! Thanks :) ↓↓

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Alright, I have had continuous issues with mediafire popping up new tabs that literally lock my browser, every time I click the correct download button. So from this point on, I will no longer accept submissions from mediafire. I suggest dropbox or Mega, honestly, it's not hard at all to register a new account, so I don't want any complaints. Good day and good luck to everyone this contest.
The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Postby Quill » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:15 pm

TLtimelord wrote:Alright, I have had continuous issues with mediafire popping up new tabs that literally lock my browser, every time I click the correct download button. So from this point on, I will no longer accept submissions from mediafire. I suggest dropbox or Mega, honestly, it's not hard at all to register a new account, so I don't want any complaints. Good day and good luck to everyone this contest.
Maybe you should get a better browser.

Megar
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Megar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:17 pm

it's 2017 and people still haven't figured out how to block popups
disgusting

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Megar wrote:it's 2017 and people still haven't figured out how to block popups
Popups are blocked. However, I can't prevent the download button from directing me to a new page.
Is cracking at the seams

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Quill wrote:Maybe you should get a better browser.
And everyone else who has taken every measure they can to block mediafire popups with no success?

Registering for another website is quick, easy, and safe for other people. It shouldn't do anything but knock out 5 minutes from your day.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

PROX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby PROX » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:56 pm

I may have certain ads that pop-up when hitting the download button, but usually I can just close it, and the problem is solved. I personally use firefox and I don't seem to have a problem with it.
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

Please do not use my stuff until I release it. Thank you.

Collab Project I'm working on:

My Graphics Pack:

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Putting yourself at risk like that is never a good idea though. If mediafire were the only file sharing service then it might make sense, but there are tons of alternatives out there, some of which you've probably already registered for (like google drive, if you have a youtube channel then you have google drive).

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:01 pm

TLtimelord wrote:Alright, I have had continuous issues with mediafire popping up new tabs that literally lock my browser, every time I click the correct download button. So from this point on, I will no longer accept submissions from mediafire. I suggest dropbox or Mega, honestly, it's not hard at all to register a new account, so I don't want any complaints. Good day and good luck to everyone this contest.
Well I'm forced to allow mediafire again.

I strongly advise not using mediafire as it makes it a little easier for me but it's not disallowed.
Is cracking at the seams

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby The0x539 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:32 pm

TLtimelord wrote:Well I'm forced to allow mediafire
pretty silly tbh

Yoshi678
Rex
Rex

Postby Yoshi678 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Good day everyone. I trust you're all keeping well. A few of you might remember me. I lost interest in SMBX some time ago. I think it was after a contest though I'm not sure. But that's besides the point. The itch to create has resurfaced and where better to go than back to SMBX? I've never partaken in one of these big community contests before. I think I signed up for the forum after the last one ended. But now that you're doing this Quill I want to get my foot back in the door. Count me in lad, I hope I do not disappoint. :P

I'm like Sans in a way. Just replace the puns with witty banter and remove the crippling depression. :P

=Contest Results in Order of Participation=
SVLC 2016: 17th/42 (Simple Wood Level - 6.07)
Downwards Level Contest: 6th/6 (*I don't remember the level name or score.) (Currently my greatest failure as a level designer.)
Super Community Contest: ?th/46 (Rhedoht Woods) (Disqualified for broken submission. RIP me. =\)

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Postby Quill » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:39 pm

Yoshi678 wrote:Good day everyone. I trust you're all keeping well. A few of you might remember me. I lost interest in SMBX some time ago. I think it was after a contest though I'm not sure. But that's besides the point. The itch to create has resurfaced and where better to go than back to SMBX? I've never partaken in one of these big community contests before. I think I signed up for the forum after the last one ended. But now that you're doing this Quill I want to get my foot back in the door. Count me in lad, I hope I do not disappoint. :P
Sounds great! Remember to read the guidelines in the first post. Best of luck!

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:40 pm

TLtimelord wrote:
Well I'm forced to allow mediafire again.

I strongly advise not using mediafire as it makes it a little easier for me but it's not disallowed.
I, too, enjoy forcing the person collecting the levels to get their browser locked up without anything they can do about it as they have tried everything already and aren't part of the group of people who just so happen to not get any malicious popups.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Like, what good thing comes from forcing Timelord to allow mediafire? There are plenty of good things which come from him not allowing mediafire, such as:
  • 1. him not facing browser problems anymore,
    2. him not being forced into risk of getting a virus (even if you have an antivirus program, it's still a risk of getting a virus your protection might not be prepared against)
    3. other people getting to know a safe alternative, not only benefiting Timelord with the other two points, but potentially lots of other people as well.
So what good thing comes from allowing mediafire again?

rixithechao
Pokey
Pokey

Postby rixithechao » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Hey, everyone who's seriously pushing for Mediafire: say you opened up a restaurant but told the customers, "oh, tables are too much of a hassle, you can eat off the floor. What? Germs? Nonsense, I eat off the floor all the time and I don't get sick. If you're really that worried about it, you can bring a blanket or a tray or something." How long do you think it'd take before Gordon Ramsay showed up with his TV crew?
Last edited by rixithechao on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people just cannot avoid the ads on MediaFire, even with both common sense and popup blockers. It's always a good idea to provide an alternate download link with an ad-free file host such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

Also play Bug Fables, the devs have confirmed that they got their royalties from Dangen and the game is really freaking good.

Return to “Level Contests”