Super Community Contest - We have a Winner!

Official community level contests.
Quill
Rydia
Rydia
Current Project: Apocalypse of Foroze...?

Re: Super Community Contest - Placements 34-23 Revealed!

Postby Quill » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:20 am

Placements 34-23
Spoiler: show
34. bossedit8 - Canyon Calamity (4.871428571/10)
  • Aristocrat (4/10)
    • Design: 25
      Creativity: 5
      Aesthetics: 10
      Review: Romp: The Level. I actually had a pretty good time considering the first half of this level was just sliding down a hill and the second half was navigating through some obstacles with a propeller block. Not much to say here, short and sweet.
    FrozenQuills (6.4/10)
    • Design: 36/50
      Creativity: 16/30
      Aesthetics: 12/20
      Review: This was pretty nice!

I love how open everything is, and the level has a lot of explorable content and
      side paths. The first half is really easy if you're sliding, but I like how you
      need to explore in order to get the secret star behind the switch barrier.
      The level also uses the propeller block really well in the second half, both as
      a way to glide past obstacles and to look around.

I also liked how you put in the same bonus cave sublevel from SMW and have its
      prizes work well with the level, lol.

But anyway, this is a good propeller block level with very few issues aside from
      being on the safe side.
    Quill (6.5/10)
    • Review: This was a fun little romp! I enjoyed the verticality of it, which is something you don’t see too often. While nothing truly stood out, aside from that bonus room which was surprisingly creative, it was still an enjoyable experience nevertheless. Keep it up!
      Design: 35/50
      Creativity: 18/30
    Sorel (2.4/10)
    • Enemy spam is my forte

Well this was horrible. Too much enemy spam, way too rompy without anything interesting going on and the
      aesthetics were lackluster.

tl;dr: use a gimmick, improve the aesthetics.

12/8/4
    Spinda (4.8/10)
    • This level feels kind of... unremarkable. While the propellor block isn't too often, the way it's used in this level isn't really anything new, and the secrets didn't really fit the flow of the level. Focussing on some unique ways the propeller block can be used may be a better idea for this level.

25/10/13
    Tltimelord (6/10)
    • This is one lovely romp! I found that it almost punishes you for trying to play slowly and carefully, almost as if the designer is saying "goddamnit, keep going! Quit being anal about collecting things!" And it ends up being a bit of a breather level. Now, I will say I was never sure how to get that green star, hitting the green switch block at the beginning of the level didn't really change things, and I don't think that was intentional. There's not a whole lot going on visually, but then again you're usually not touching the ground. The enemies that you smash through pretty much act as the decoration.
      Design - 3/5
      Creativity - 2.1/3
      Aesthetics - 0.9/2
    Waddle Derp (4/10)
    • This level posed two completely different playstyles and attempted to mix them together, but didn't really succeed. It encourages going fast, considering the large number of slope slides and the vertical-downwards nature of the level, while on the other hand it has quite a lot to offer if you go out of your way to explore. Ideally one should play this level twice but the full experience just isn't fun enough for that. Perhaps the slide part could be morphed into the ending of the level while the rest focuses more on the propellor block and exploration, so players can enjoy the supre fun slides (woosh) while also getting the satisfaction of finding secrets.

25/5/10
33. Superiorstar - Dirt Dungeon (4.985714286/10)
  • Aristocrat (4.5/10)
    • Design: 10
      Creativity: 20
      Aesthetics: 15
      Review: Ok so you decided that making Thwomps invisible wasn’t already bad enough of an idea, so you made the boos act like chasing parakoopas and put a rinka spawner into Larry Koopa? Plus, there are plenty opportunities where you can get stuck, for example when you drop one of the keys into the water. Did you think any of this through at all. (Also LOL @ the fire that can be killed with fireballs.)
    FrozenQuills (5.6/10)
    • Design: 22/50
      Creativity: 20/30
      Aesthetics: 14/20
      Review: This was kinda hard for me to judge.

This level has some major problems, such as the first half being too long
      and the boos being way too fast (and near impossible to avoid if you're swimming).
      However, I do like how you're supposed to use the rocks creatively to get keys
      later on, and the shaft part was kinda cool since you can use the key as a strategic
      weapon. The snake part was also ok, but I sometimes would get unfairly hit by offscreen
      swoopers.

The big boo part didn't really add much, and the endboss was kinda unfair since
      the "rinka bones" can easily appear out of nowhere and hurt you so easily.
      You also didn't provide a powerup after the midpoint, so I had to try to take out
      the endboss with only one hit, which was a huge pain.

So while this level had some interesting ideas, I feel like the bad areas kinda
      outweigh the good in terms of design, unfortunately.
    Quill (5.3/10)
    • Review: This level was pretty interesting, offering some interesting platforming and some unique obstacles. Invisible thwomps is not a good idea though, not sure what you were thinking there.There also were moments where things felt a little too hectic, such as with the snake ride which kept changing direction far too often which didn’t pair well with the amount of obstacles the player had to face. I wasn’t a fan of the key hunting section either. While the keys were easy to find, it often revolved around chucking keys and boulders around just to get stuff to a higher ground, which was a bit awkward. The boss was pretty simple, which is fine, but I didn’t like how you attached a rinka to the boss. It didn’t work well with the stage layout at all.
      Design: 24/50
      Creativity: 19/30
      Aesthetics: 10/20
    Sorel (6/10)
    • Talk dirty to me

I really like the gritty atmosphere, but the design had a few flaws.
      Some of the throws you need to pull off are very tricky, and the enemies felt a bit spammy at times.
      The boss was just a mess though. There's no need for a projectile generator to be attached to him,
      especially since said projectiles can kill you after you've already beaten the boss. Not to mention that
      should you fail to kill the boss, the mid point brings you back to the fight without any powerups
      whatsoever, which is just horrible.

tl;dr: make the level more fair, maybe increase the length a bit.

27/19/14
    Spinda (4/10)
    • While I initially thought the speedy boos with block collision were pretty cute, they're just too fast for comfort, especially when dropping down makes it a hassle to get back up. The invisible thwomps are really not a good idea without any indication unless you carefully progress through the entire level or memorize their location. The part where you had to get a bunch of keys was also pretty weird because the way to get them up to the lock by stacking the mushroom blocks and then throwing them is not a terrible idea but wasn't really all that fun to do, especially when those blocks reset. The boss felt really out-of-place and I feel this level would be better off without it.

13/14/13
    Tltimelord (5.5/10)
    • This level is, quite literally, shitty! Ha ha, get the joke! It's a sewer covered in shit. I'm going to be honest when I say the level is a tad unfair just overall. You had to point out that the piranha plants are completely lava instakill or else someone would have spinjumped on them. The fire snake heads are precariously placed in such inconvenient spots. The invisible boo thwomp is cool in theory and thank god you put them in places you can at least know they exist before you run into them, but I can't say it's a great idea. The Mr. I's are also obnoxious and let to quite a few hits that I didn't feel like they were my fault (like I was jumping down leap-of-faith style and one of them sniped me). The snake block portion was quite tricky, and I think it was actually the highlight of the level. The visuals, although the colors are pretty nice, they don't complement each other all that well.
      Sidenote: PUT A CHECKPOINT! Your level may be short but not short & easy enough to not have one!
      Design - 2.5/5
      Creativity - 1.9/3
      Aesthetics - 1.1/2
    Waddle Derp (4/10)
    • This level, from a design point of view, was an absolute wreck. Invisible Thwomps, super-fast Boos and many places for the player to get stuck forever made this level an absolute pain to play. There is no indication as to where the Twhomp would fall so the player has to proceed very slowly and carefully, which is then effectively rendered impossible by the addition of incredibly fast Boos. The boss was unforgiving and not very fun. The aesthetic was quite promising and the atmosphere set was pretty good too, so if the flaws above are fixed I think this could make quite a good level.

10/15/15
32. Sewpah - Hulking Hills (5.128571429/10)
  • Aristocrat (5.5/10)
      Creativity: 15
      Review: I like the hints of flavor in this level with the dying goombas lmao. Overall very solid, one small point of critique would be the drop down after the sky section, as there is no indication that you can safely drop down that pit. Other than that, this is the first time in a long time that I’ve seen someone make a giant level this consequentially, so props for that.
    FrozenQuills (6.8/10)
    • Design: 35/50
      Creativity: 17/30
      Aesthetics: 16/20
      Review: No one makes giant enemy levels anymore, so I commend you for making one!

Anyway, this is pretty well designed. The giant enemies really engage the
      player, and there's quite a variety of them. I also like how the level is
      structured around different ways to get around each obstacle. The secret
      star placement is also good.

It's a pretty simple but creative concept overall, and I was even left
      wanting more of it, which I guess is the main issue with this level lol.
      It's a bit short overall.

Anyway, great job with making an good 'giant land' level.
    Quill (5.3/10)
    • Review: This was nice! Aside from the obvious big theme, it was an ordinary level to run through, but it was still pretty enjoyable. You took advantage of the big theme to introduce some interesting aspects such as altered enemy behaviour and what shot out of a bullet bill, which was great. There’s some variety between sections, but more would have been appreciated to help make each part of the level memorable and stand out. Also, the transitions between secctions was a little weird. Don’t forget that pipes exist for a reason.
      Design: 26/50
      Aesthetics: 8/20
    Sorel (4.5/10)
    • No Hulks were harmed in the making of this level

A short, but charming level. It's really not that fleshed out though. Also, the graphics don't mesh well
      together sometimes, due to the varying sizes.

tl;dr: expand on the premise and polish the graphics.

25/10/10
    Spinda (4.3/10)
    • Giant levels are a pretty neat concept, but unfortunately this level doesn't do all that much with it aside from making all the enemies big. The cannons are an interesting idea but them firing things like Poison Shrooms just feels kind of off. Focussing either on the giant theme or the cannons would be a good way to make this level more unique.

20/13/10
    Tltimelord (4.3/10)
    • This level was very visually inconsistent (besides the fact some of the graphics look rather ugly altogether) and that really takes away from the entire experience since it was meant to be a giant land level or as far as I'm aware. It was also inconsistent in certain gameplay aspects, like how I never really knew what the bullet bill cannons were gonna shoot (you were forgiving enough to let the player know when something was gonna be shot at your face so I'll commend you for that). The checkpoint feels a little too early as well. You don't really do anything creative with springboards (also you don't need to tell people how to use them) and I also found that the focus of the level's gameplay tended to flip-flop between springboards and random-generating bullet cannons. Overall, a very inconsistent level in almost every aspect.
      Sidenote: I didn't discover the bonus room until I was flipping around in the editor.
      Design - 2.3/5
      Creativity - 1.3/3
      Aesthetic - 0.7/2
    Waddle Derp (5.2/10)
    • Pretty cute level. The rescaled tileset didn't really look good but the mega-theme was handled rather well throughout the level even if it never really expanded upon the idea of everything being huge. The section transitions were poorly indicated and the second one stumped me quite a bit. The level had some unique setups but, as mentioned earlier, unfortunately never did anything with the giant theme which is a shame.

25/17/10
31. litchh - Metal Heads (5.185714286/10)
  • Aristocrat (2.5/10)
    • Design: 10
      Creativity: 5
      Review: what quill said
    FrozenQuills (5.4/10)
    • Design: 27/50
      Creativity: 14/30
      Aesthetics: 13/20
      Review: A simple level that gets the job done.

It's pretty much just SMB1 enemies (with guests) and some platforming, but
      it's done pretty decently. There's a difficulty curve and it has quite a bit of variety
      as it gets to the end. Some of the ways to get some of the ? blocks weren't really
      worth it though due to how the blocks and enemies were organized.

I like the friend collect-a-thon in the secret exit since you need to use the shells
      carefully to get some of them.

So yeah, not much else to say that this is an okay, standard level.
    Quill (4.5/10)
    • Review: This was a cute amalgamation of games and tilesets. While it’s pretty simple gameplay wise, there was enough new elements to keep me fairly interested throughout the level. In the end, it’s your run-of-the-mill level, which is fine, but this is after all a contest, so I can’t rank it that high as it didn’t impress me all too much.
      Design: 19/50
      Creativity: 15/30
      Aesthetics: 11/20
    Sorel (5/10)
    • I prefer Rock Faces

Feels like the level tried to emulate NES era platformer games but that's the main problem.
      NES platformers weren't really interesting for the most part. Same goes for this.
      I did like the second star exit though, it didn't feel pointless.

tl;dr: introduce a gimmick or make the level more interesting in other ways, as it's quite bland.

27/12/11
    Spinda (3.7/10)
    • This level just kind of happened. The aesthetic shift was pretty cool, but design-wise there wasn't much to this and the new NPCs were barely used.

17/10/10
    Tltimelord (5.5/10)
    • This was a rather funny experience. I felt like the metal head enemies could have been more successful if you could stand on them or could bounce on them without hurting them. The level just kind of moves right without much of a purpose but at the very least it progresses in aesthetic and as it kept scrolling every segment felt relatively fresh. The water parts kinda sucked but I won't take a whole lot because water levels suck anyway. Each metalhead introduced gives you enough time to adjust to them so I appreciated that. As for aesthetic, there's a few really empty spots towards the latter half.
      Design - 2.9/5
      Creativity - 1.6/3
      Aesthetic - 1/2
    Waddle Derp (3.5/10)
    • Another rather straightforward romp. Not particularly enjoyable, but not bad, either. The transition from one style into the next was kind of neat but otherwise there wasn't much in the level at all. I think the second half of the level had a lot more potential than the first part and if expanded upon could be really cool.

10/15/10
30. MosaicMario - Grand Theft Hoopster (5.185714286/10)
  • Aristocrat (5.5/10)
    • Design: 20
      Creativity: 25
      Review: Hey guys, today I’m going to play Grand Theft Hoopster. Immediately while the game loads up I notice that it seems to be the continuation of a series I didn’t play, even though it was advertised as a standalone game. That’s weird. There is a cutscene at the beginning, explaining a shallow plot, followed by a city escape concluded with a mid-boss that is easily defeated by just sneaking onto the roof of the skyscrapers in the area and shooting him. After a meeting with Mr. Exposition, we climb into the sewers where we get involved in a switch hunt while we flee from the police, because if we get caught, we get punished with lengthy cutscenes and more arbitrary dialogue, and that would be terrible. Though I’m still not quite sure how the switch hunt fits into all of this. After making our way out of the sewers, we confront the Big Bad Bowser Reskin for reasons unbeknownst to me, in an epic showdown that is so packed with action and projectiles that we need a powerup generator to stand a chance at all! After we defeat the boss, we are rewarded with more lengthy dialogue and an arbitrary scoreboard summing up how much of the arbitrary time counter we still had left! Thanks for watching, please subscribe and join the notification squad.
    FrozenQuills (5.5/10)
    • Design: 18/50
      Aesthetics: 17/20
      Review: This level certainly had its ups and downs.

I liked the first 'third' with the city environment. It encourages exploration and
      throwing enemies in order to get powerups. I also really enjoyed how you utilized
      the 'bouncy ball' powerup from super mario land, and how it can be used to get some of
      the dragon coins. The midboss is just a Lemmy reskin with bullets, which wasn't
      that memorable.

I really did not like the sewer part though. I found it to be too cramped, especially
      with those huge unpredictable slimes bouncing around everywhere. Also, I get where
      you're going with the mini stealth obstacles, but the price to pay when you get caught
      is an incredibly long cutscene, which I quickly found to be really annoying. The sewer
      part is also too long for all the switches you have to find.

The endboss I found to be creative, but could be executed way better. At first I
      thought it would be near impossible since the birdo shoots bullets way too fast
      (and they sometimes boomerang back behind you???), but then I found that you can
      spam the bouncy ball powerup in a safe place and it will eventually kill the first phase.
      The second phase is more interesting, but still feels too hectic to the point where I
      absolutely needed to find a safe spot in order to kill the boss. The bouncy balls also
      bounce around randomly without actually hitting a block, which I found to be really strange.

The boss also sometimes crashes for me when I scroll the text too fast at the beginning?
      Idk why that is though.

Overall, while the first third is the best part of the level, the rest of it really
      did not work well with me.
    Quill (5.2/10)
    • Review: Text, text and more text. This level was generally ruined by it. From the unskippable intro to waiting forever to essentially die if you get caught (which is a gimmick that wasn’t fun due to the awkward placement of the guys who can catch you). It’s a real shame, because the beginning of the level was pretty solid, featuring an interesting custom fire flower variation that worked pretty well with the level. Then the sewers section came and well, it just wasn’t that fun anymore.
      Design: 19/50
      Creativity: 21/30
    Sorel (6.4/10)
    • At least there weren't any big orders.

To start things off, the level's a bit too long.
      You can certainly trim some fat, especially in the first section.
      The sewer section has a multitude of problems. While the stealth gimmick has potential, some sort of
      visual indicator would have helped IMMENSELY. Also, you can't beat it without an item or throwable object
      to kill a certain enemy since no matter how hard you try to jump over his vision area, he's catching you,
      sending you into a pretty long winded "bad ending".
      The boss fight at the end is very unbalanced. The first phase is either a pushover if you can manage
      to keep the fireflower, or near impossible without it. The second phase poses no challenge whatsoever
      since you can just camp it out.
      Last but not least, if you're going to tell a story, improve your grammar.

tl;dr: charming, but with a multiple problems.

30/22/12
    Spinda (3.8/10)
    • Having to watch forced story cutscenes so often is really not a good thing for progression. Especially the intro cutscene should only be shown once. The way powerup progression is handled is very weird and I feel it kind of ruins the balance. The stealth is really not very good and something akin to SMBX2's Snake character would be preferrable. Instadeath + a long cutscene whenever you even get near certain enemies is really not fun. The sewer part in general is not really fun with all the Switch barriers and the unfocussed design.

10/19/9
    Tltimelord (5.9/10)
    • God damn I love that level name and the concept itself. It's such a cute idea overall! Is it executed well? Eh... not really. The first half was all fine and dandy, but then It gets old as soon as you introduce a color switch hunt in the sewer half. Seriously, I was liking the level until that point. Please for the love of God STOP DOING COLOR SWITCH HUNTS LIKE THAT. I did actually kind of like the stealth aspect, but next time, don't create an absolute nightmarishly large text box to explain the gimmick.
      Sidenote: I will say once again I think the name of the level is adorable and the idea is so innocent. I love it in theory.
      Design - 2.5/5
      Creativity - 2/3
      Aesthetics - 1.4/2
    Waddle Derp (4/10)
    • The level starts off mid-plot and the first half of the level doesn't really offer anything special. The mid-boss isn't even remotely challenging as you can hide out on the buildings above him and wait to swoop in for the kill. The second half offers loads and loads of dialogue followed by an inaccurate and convoluted stealth segment, switch hunt included! The big boss of the level is even more unoriginal than its past incarnations as a power-up generator ensures that all challenge is taken away and you're left with an empty and non-memorable fight. Stealth sections can potentially be really fun but the execution was a little sloppy which caused some unfair deaths and that in turn caused some frustration. Perhaps an indication as to where the vision fields of the enemies are in combination with a larger focus on the escape/stealth theme would help the level out a lot.

10/20/10
29. sleepyLundus - Spaghetti (5.242857143/10)
  • Aristocrat (5.5/10)
    • Design: 20
      Review: That background spooked me quite a bit. The platforming was an interesting idea, but way too wonky to properly execute in SMBX. Don’t attach a platform to something that rotates fast. Ever. Also an audio clue for when the blocks disappear would’ve been nice so you could time the jumps better, but I guess that’s nitpicking. The atmosphere was very… interesting, to say the least.
    FrozenQuills (6.1/10)
    • Design: 37/50
      Review: nice.

this was pretty good. i liked how the level was built around tricky
      jumps. the disappearing platform segments were especially fun.

it's a simple level and it has the potential to do more in terms of
      creativity, but it gets the job done without any major issues.
      there is a nice difficulty curve as well.

i liked the scary skeleton eyeball. aesthetics could be better though
      because those blocks look really weird.

good job.
    Quill (5.1/10)
    • Review: Should have figured this was some dumb Undertale joke. Anyway, I actually kinda liked this level. There was plenty of different things to do in each section and although there were times where I felt the difficulty was a bit much, it was alright to play through. Having to repeat that section with the land attached to the roto-disc wasn’t that fun though, as the physics are super weird there. Granted, that’s the fault of the engine, but some more room to avoid an unfortunate death would have been appreciated there. I wasn’t also the biggest fan of the platforming early on with the spikes, as those things have picky hitboxes which I felt weren’t taking into account at all or not enough when the level was designed.
      Design: 31/50
      Creativity: 12/30
    Sorel (5.2/10)
    • I didn't sign up for a creepypasta.

Well this was... interesting for sure. The individual sections felt a little disconnected - first section in particular - from each other
      but there were some more interesting puzzle ideas among them. The aesthetics, while very unique, weren't
      that great though.

tl;dr: improve on the puzzles and work on the aesthetics.

28/17/7
    Spinda (3.3/10)
    • Standing on the sides of spikes is an interesting idea and used pretty well throughout the first section, but after that the level kind of fell apart. The big transition feat. sans undertale was pretty memorable but the gameplay parts after that felt kind of weak. Some of the setups had potential but repeating one part like 4 times with basically no variation is just not a thing you should do. Aesthetically this level really did not look good, although some of the parts did manage to leave an impression which kinda saved the visuals.

14/14/5
    Tltimelord (7/10)
    • Really clever level! It's got a kind-of jumpscare in the middle, but that's not really a big deal. The real star that shines here is the gameplay. The section-specific puzzles are really cool and I like how the appearing/disappearing platforms are timed perfectly with the bony beetles showing their spikes. I wish the eye was a showed a bit more as it kinda showed up and then disappeared after the first puzzle in the section half. A cool idea would have been the eye blinking each time the platforms disappear but that's just a suggestion that would enhance the aesthetic, which there's very little of. The music is really cool but I thought the level was a bit underwhelming to look at and it kinda took away from the experience. But overall, it had real nice progession of difficulty (but I can't say I liked the puzzle with the platform attached to the roto disc).
      Sidenote: a mushroom is really needed at the midway point in case you die in the second half. The second half for me is practically impossible without taking one hit.
      Design - 3.8/5
      Creativity - 2.8/3
      Aesthetic - 0.4/2
    Waddle Derp (4.5/10)
    • There was something creepy about this level and the skeleton truly spooked me quite a bit. Unfortunately that's about as cool as things get in the level. The rotating platform is unfairly fast and the dissapearing blocks might have been nice if there was at least some indication as to when they'd dissapear.

10/20/15
28. ap3jmpt - Bullet Bill Caverns (5.257142857/10)
  • Aristocrat (4.5/10)
      Creativity: 10
      Review: Yeah, lemme just,,,,, put every single bullet bill variant I can think of,,,,,, into this level,,,,,
      I mean, it’s a gimmick so I can’t complain lol. Though a bit more space to figure out the different kinds would’ve been nice, and some of them like the pidgits or the SMB1 bullet bills were really unnecessary, even for flavor they disrupted the overall aesthetic of the level. And other than that, the level was really just… very much bullet bills and tight spaces. It’s not really something that’s a shame to miss out on.
    FrozenQuills (6.5/10)
    • Design: 29/50
      Creativity: 21/30
      Aesthetics: 15/20
      Review: A REALLY long level, but it plays pretty decently.

This reminds me of that one level in CC11 where like every enemy is some
      variant of goomba (and it feels like this is by the same author of that level).
      While this kind of design naturally produces creativity, you run the risk
      of either making the level way too long to show everything off, or having
      the design be so unfocused to the point where the level progression doesn't
      make sense. This level falls into the former issue.

Fortunately, the obstacles themselves are pretty alright. Nothing was
      overwhelming despite the huge variety of bullet enemies, and nothing was
      too repetitive in terms of obstacles. I like how you introduced
      more complex enemies in the second half.

I also really like the boss at the end, as its well designed and pretty
      fun to play. It's probably the best part of the level.

All in all, a pretty good level that drags with its length, but is
      fortunately not frustrating.
    Quill (5.4/10)
    • Review: The variety of enemies was appreciated in this level. There were all sorts of bullet bills, some better than others. I wasn’t a big fan of the bullets the hammer brothers threw, especially as the level even admits to the player that they can essentially be a buggy mess. You shouldn’t be using enemies like those if you know they cause issues. One of the issues I also had was segments that felt too spammy. Bullets felt like they were placed randomly and occasionally there were moments where there were too many on screen at once. This can change depending on the player’s speed, but having to play slowly to avoid being overwhelmed isn’t that fun, especially as this is a lengthy level with only one checkpoint. Additionally, adding on to the point about the buggy bullet bills, the level tells the player what to expect far too often. It’s more fun for the player to experience these types of enemies without warning, in a suitable and safe environment where they can see what these enemies have to offer. There were some segments of this, such as the fast bullet bills and the sign, which were appreciated, even though the level warns the player of them anyway. The boss is pretty easy and doesn’t really offer much; I think the level would have been better without it. While there’s a lot I’ve criticised about this level, I did enjoy the consistency with the theme. There was some creative design choices which helped add some variety to the platforming as well.
      Design: 22/50
    Sorel (4.9/10)
    • Enemy spam galore

Oh boy, constantly being spammed with Bullet Bills left and right is not fun, especially when half of them
      have unique mechanics you need to learn while you're being spammed to the fullest extent. Oof.
      It's also reeeeaaaally damn long for no reason, since the only thing that happens is that you are being spammed
      with bullets.
      The little Bullet Bills with guns that shoot tiny Bills were neat though.

tl;dr: please, PLEASE decrease the length and spam.

20/18/11
    Spinda (5.4/10)
    • While the different types of bullet bills are pretty neat as concepts (I especially like the green ones that shoot upwards/downwards and then move horizontally), most of them are barely used so this level feels like quantity over quality. By focussing on so many different types of Bullet Bills, the design of the level feels kind of neglected and neither of the unique Bills is really given any time to develop. The water section felt kinda unnecessary and so does the boss of the level which feels kind of underwhelming after all the pretty creative kinds of Bullet Bills used throughout the level.

19/22/13
    Tltimelord (5.6/10)
    • I don't think I've ever seen such a massive variety of bullet bills before. It's a little unnecessary to be honest. I would have been satisfied with the green bullet bills as an extra enemy because those are really cool to me. As for the level's design, in it's entirety it's a pretty long, straight level that adds something new every section. You could probably do without any of the descriptive signs as about 80% of the time I had already encountered the specific type of bullet bills before I read them. The level could be more successful without, persay, the different style of regular bullet bills and the ones that chase like koopas (if left unchecked they can easily flood an area). The king bill at the end of every section doesn't really serve much of a purpose, as I typically just walk under them with ease. The boss was pretty bad, as the beloved physics of smbx could easily fuck you over royally or make it incredibly easy to break the boss by launching yourself at the switches. So, I liked a lot of the concepts, and you did a good job progressively introducing them, but the overall design kind of dragged them down.
      Design - 2/5
      Creativity - 2/3
      Aesthetics - 1.6/2
    Waddle Derp (5/10)
    • It's clear that a lot of effort was put into this level which is something I can appreciate, but it could use some polishing. The fore- and background are very hard to distinguish and that also means enemies are quite hard to spot. Lasers fire seemingly fired out of nowhere until after I died when I noticed the shooters in the wall. The bullet bill cannons also did not look dangerous at all and got me killed quite often. The gravity was a little whacky, although it was a nice touch. The dialogue was also pretty charming and it's a shame that the rest of the level wasn't able to convey that charm too.

25/15/10
27. Uzendayo - Snowfall Forest (5.328571429/10)
  • Aristocrat (6/10)
      Aesthetics: 20
      Review: To quote Enjl: “On a sidenote, atmosphere partially distracts from terrible design.”
      This level uses that to full extend. Not that it’s terrible, just really mediocre. Really not a lot going on, but the atmosphere is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    FrozenQuills (5.4/10)
    • Design: 24/50
      Review: The levels main draw here is the aesthetic, but there wasn't
      really much in terms of design/creativity.

Making ice levels in an engine where controls are already kind of
      slippery is a very risky decision, and it didn't really pay
      off here. Much of my playing involved just going through
      the level as fast as I can so that I can avoid all the
      enemies, since it's very hard to avoid obstacles with
      ice physics at low speed. And since I'm trying to go through
      it fast, the level felt super short.

I do admit that the enemy placement is a bit engaging,
      but the level didn't really have a sense of fulfilling
      progression. It did introduce some homing enemies near
      the end but by that point I was just trying to speed
      through it due to the ice physics kind of encouraging
      me to do so, lol.

As for the aesthetics, the colors are good, but
      the leaf foreground is kind of distracting.

So yeah, ultimately this level just kind of came and
      went for how short and rompy it is.
    Quill (5.3/10)
    • Review: Those foreground leaves felt pretty unnecessary. While they looked cool, they moved way too fast to the point where I found it a little disorientating. The leaves weren’t used to hide any secrets either, which I think was a missing opportunity and could have made me stomach how fast they moved. As for the rest of the level, it was pretty decent. A tad short, meaning it didn’t really go there, but what was there was still enjoyable.
      Design: 26/50
      Creativity: 11/30
    Sorel (4.9/10)
    • Blurry leaves OP

A short romp with ice physics. Nothing too interesting.
      Those foreground leaves didn't have to be so blurry that they distract from the level though.

tl;dr: remove those leaves and make the level more interesting. And longer.

27/13/9
    Spinda (5/10)
    • While this level is pretty cool to look at, the foreground parallax feels too fast so the level feels kind of disorienting. The SMB2 blobl boys could've been used in some capacity, but unfortunately they're mostly just kind of... there. Dodging Hammer Bros. with ice physics is also not all that great.

24/12/14
    Tltimelord (5/10)
    • Ah, rather short level with some really pretty particles going on and not a whole lot else. Aesthetically, it's pretty fine, everything fits in, the particles & parallax complement the classic decoration. NPC placement is a little obnoxious in some parts and ice physics is dickish in others. This level is pretty much a short ice level that serves a basic purpose of taking time, but is at the very least successful at what it does.
      Design - 2.9/5
      Creativity - 0.6/3
      Aesthetics - 1.5/2
    Waddle Derp (5.7/10)
    • A really pretty romp. Nothing truly exceptional in terms of creativity nor gameplay, just a pleasant, really pretty romp. The leaves were a little jarring but overall added to the otherwise rather shallow experience.

25/15/17
26. Vinyl - Sky Tower (5.357142857/10)
  • Aristocrat (6/10)
      Creativity: 17
      Aesthetics: 18
      Review: Between all that romping and enemy (especially magikoopa) spam, the atmosphere change once one reaches the midpoint section and that lonely Ninji sitting there, staring at the stratosphere really left an impact on me, so I’ll reward you bonus points to set this level apart from the other romp-like/switch hunt levels :)
    FrozenQuills (5.5/10)
    • Design: 22/50
      Review: There's an awful lot of content in this level, and it could get overwhelming at times.

I see where you're going with the design: deal with one gimmick (ice or water) and
      then both of them in the second half. While the concept is good on paper, it didn't
      pan out well in execution. For one, I really don't like SMBX's ice physics since
      you lose so much control over your character, and it gets messy when there are a lot
      of erratic enemies around (parakoopas, diagonal podoboos, etc.). There were also a
      few too many enemies in the water parts (especially if you don't kill the magikoopas
      quick enough). The alternate paths for the dragon coins also didn't feel worth it.

Luckily, you provided an easy to get ice flower for the second half, which made it
      more fun since I had a way to deal with so many enemies in a fun way.

The secret star involves going down the bottom subpath and then hitting the blue
      switch to backtrack through the top subpath, which is quite unorthodox.
      It may have been a bit too much to ask for the player since you're basically
      going through both sidepaths. The super sudden chase scene in the secret star path
      was ok though I did like the bunch of hopping ninjis when going along the top of
      the level.

Overall, this level had enemy saturation issues, which were sometimes mitigated if
      you can get the right powerups.
    Quill (5.8/10)
    • Review: The two paths offered in this level was a neat idea, making dying once not so bad as you can explore the other path. I don’t like how the secret star is locked behind so much backtracking, especially as the section you have to backtrack through has borderline diagonal podoboo spam, which is also a problem throughout the. The ‘chase’ section was super short and easy, making me question why it was really there to begin with; it felt like a last minute addition. There were some neat ideas here which I appreciated and it was still generally fun to run around in, but man, that podoboo spam is real.
      Design: 31/50
    Sorel (4.9/10)
    • CONGRATULATIONS, YOU WON!

This is not a joke!

Well, while I liked the atmosphere, the level itself is horribly spammy and rompy.
      Spamming unkillable diagonal Podobos does not make for a good challenge or design, it's just lazy.
      Also, what's with the needless backtracking for the second star?

tl;dr: less spam, more spice.

22/14/13
    Spinda (4.1/10)
    • The core idea of having to do one of the sections backwards to get to a bonus section is interesting but the upper section has a drop that's kind of a blind jump and only one of the rewards is actually worthwhile. The idea of using rain/snow as level gimmicks is interesting but feels kind of underexecuted. The diagonal Podoboos felt kind of out-of-place and made for some parts of gameplay that felt pretty weird. Everything being kind of grey is also not the best graphical choice.

18/13/10
    Tltimelord (5.2/10)
    • This level perplexed me. It's very nonlinear and a defined path doesn't really exist, so I didn't know I was even on an ending path until I reached a star. There was a color switch or two but I didn't find out what their purposes were. The design just tends to be all over the place. You have an incredibly massive variety of enemies, most of them don't really fit with the cloudy level style (recolors don't magically make them do that). The visuals are alright, a little odd looking but usually not ugly. I didn't see much use for the random propeller flamethrower at the end as you lose it right away.
      Design - 2.4/5
      Creativity - 2/3
      Aesthetics - 0.8/2
    Waddle Derp (6/10)
    • Pretty cool level. Unfortunately the unique aesthetic was held back by the large number of Magikoopas, and the fact that you allowed the player to choose a path but then took away the ability to backtrack so that the player felt like they were missing out whichever route they chose. The midpoint-shift was really cool, though.

30/15/15
25. MECHDRAGON777 & computerfreaker - Elemental-Wind;Factory of Atmospheric Anomalies Mk II (5.485714286/10)
  • Aristocrat (5/10)
      Review: Oh sick, the tileset is really hard on the eyes and everything looks the same! Am I going into the right direction? I guess so, since I stumbled upon the midway point, even though there were like 20 alternate paths before. Is this what they call illusion of choice?
      The change between wind and snow was interesting, but I feel like you maybe could’ve done more with it? There is not much to this level other than run to find the end except some parts are slippery and in some parts the controls are janked.
    FrozenQuills (5.9/10)
    • Design: 25/50
      Review: This level had a lot of koopas!

In fact I don't think there were any other enemies other than koopas.
      That kind of says a lot about the level. Fortunately, the wind and high
      jump gimmicks are interesting, as it makes the platforming
      trickier than usual. Unfortunately, I tend to find myself annoyed
      by the new physics, especially since the building part of the level has ice
      physics to add onto that. The level would've been better off without
      having mario slip and slide all the time.

The star coin alternate paths added some decent content, but
      getting them felt kinda awkward (the first one especially so since it's
      so easy to die). I wasn't even sure how to get the one behind all those
      switch blocks.

The secret exit is just to go up instead of down, and it was mostly like
      the main exit. However, the kicker koopa part near the end felt really
      awkward, and again I felt like it was because of the ice physics.

But yeah, even though the concept itself is creative, it could have
      been executed better.
    Quill (6.2/10)
    • Review: I wasn’t a fan of the wind in this level. There were some segments where it was nice , but having to be slowed down while trying to progress isn’t fun at all, especially as there are plenty of those segments. It makes simple tasks such as hitting item blocks annoying too. The height meter was an interesting idea, allowing the player to see how close they were to the top or the bottom. The two paths were pleasant and decently lengthed, but there wasn’t much variety between the paths and at times, terrain and enemy placement felt randomly placed. There wasn’t any major flaws, aside from maybe the wind which was pretty unnecessary, and it kept me fairly entertaining throughout, so this is an alright level.
      Design: 32/50
      Aesthetics: 11/20
    Sorel (6/10)
    • Quite windy today

At first I thought the little bar on the left side of the screen was a health bar of sorts. I only noticed
      that it's supposed to be a distance indicator for the top and bottom section respectively. I did feel kinda
      stupid for a sec.
      Anyway, it's a solid gimmick with a good atmosphere to accompany it, but the level design felt a bit bland
      in essence. Pretty much every room felt the same.

tl;dr: expand on the gimmick (add some objects that are affected by the wind, for example) and
      make the level design itself more interesting so the different sections feel different.

28/18/14
    Spinda (5.5/10)
    • The fact that the gravity varies by height could really be explained better since it wasn't really clear at all and as such the UI height meter just felt kind of weird initially. The fact that the normal and the secret are vastly different is really neat, and using the key throughout most of the secret exit path was a pretty nice changeup. However, some mechanics felt really underutilized. One section required you to defeat all the enemies in some pretty creative ways in order to get a Yoshi Coin, but it was just discarded after that one optional usage. The wind is just inherently unfun because walking against it is a huge pain. Also, the ice physics felt kind of unnecessary.

26/16/13
    Tltimelord (5.6/10)
    • So, I like the weather, but I hate it… let me explain. It's great in theory, and at the very least the snowy parts are nice, but the windy parts are annoyingly hard to manage. Ease up on how fast or slow you can go so the latter parts of the level are easier to maneuver under the odd physics. As for design, it's alright. I couldn't find any other paths besides the main path (the one that's daytime) and the "secret" path. I'm confused as to how you get the luna coin behind all 4 color switches considering I didn't see any color switches around the level. As for the aesthetics, the graphics look fine, I'm not a huge fan of the factory-esque tileset (the highly saturated colors are mixed up together in an ugly array). The music is adorable though, so the level felt rather happy anyway.
      Design - 2.4/5
      Creativity - 2.2/3
      Aesthetics - 1/2
    Waddle Derp (4.2/10)
    • This level shares a lot of issues with Mysterious Base on the Moon. The tileset is really hard to keep looking at for the long time the level drags on, and all areas look the same so most of the time I was probably lost but didn't even notice it. The elemental thing was pretty cute, with the level altering between snow and rain, but that's just about what stood out from the level. The weather impacted the gameplay a little bit but these changes were never properly designed around or expanded upon.

20/15/7
24. Renhoek - Crash n' the Sky (5.742857143/10)
  • Aristocrat (6/10)
      Review: This is the part where I admit that I never played Crash Bandicoot so I don’t know if this was like inspired by that or
      Initially I digged the concept of the crates and they’re definitely interesting and the counter implied that destroying all of them would do something so I knew I had something to do lol. However, after a while the level began to drag on because there wasn’t really a lot happening. The level has a very nice aesthetic however, with the clouds and the chill music and the… instruments…
      But besides that, really not a lot going on here… the crates sure are interesting at first but I feel like this level could’ve used a secondary gimmick (or a primary gimmick where the crates are secondary) to really spice things up.
    FrozenQuills (5.9/10)
    • Design: 26/50
      Creativity: 17/30
      Review: A pretty decent Crash Bandicoot-esque level.

The aesthetics look real nice, but the design was pretty rompy and typical.
      Most of the gameplay involved finding and destroying boxes in order to
      get the secret star.

There really isn't much to note in terms of obstacle setups since all of it
      can be summed up with dodging enemies and platforming. I guess some of the
      lava lotus setups were sorta neat?

Meanwhile, some of the koopa kickers provided too little time to react, and
      some other obstacles just forces you to wait, however.

Basically, this is an okay level.
    Quill (5.5/10)
    • Review: This was a neat little level. The crash assets present were nice, though I don’t think they were used to their full potential, only offering some slight variations in the gameplay which was already pretty bland to begin with. I did like the unique aesthetics of the level. They were a little jarring at first, but they grew on me. I kinda wish the level saved what crates had been broken, as an unfortunate death means lots of progress loss if the player is aiming to break all the crates. I don’t recall any moments where breaking crates was required to progress, so adding a save function would work unless I missed something. In the end though, it was a pleasant experience.
      Design: 25/50
    Sorel (7.4/10)
    • Woah.

The atmosphere in this level is definitely its strongest point. It just feels really, really good.
      I feel like some of the Beach Koopas were placed in pretty awkward positions which resulted in
      having to take a hit to proceed. The ice physics didn't help.
      Also, why do you have to be small Mario to get to the bonus area?

tl;dr: a pretty neat level with some inconsistencies.

36/21/17
    Spinda (5.8/10)
    • The idea of using elements from Crash Bandicoot is interesting at first, but some of the boxes are hidden some pretty weird locations that feel quite unnatural, so having to get them all for the secret exit is kind of not as fun. The original Crash games were mostly linear from what I've heard, but this level hides some of the boxes really far off the path and in really obscure locations and one a secret area requires you to be small to get to it which is just not good. The design itself featured some weird setups like the blue Beach Koopas and while it felt pretty good to break the boxes some of the parts did risk becoming kind of tedious, especially if you have to replay sections of the level. Graphically this level was pretty neat and the foreground clouds parallaxing gave it a charming feel.

27/15/16
    Tltimelord (5.1/10)
    • God damn this is such an amusing level since it's Crash Bandicoot inspired! I like the concept of destroying blocks by jumping on them, I really got a kick out of that. However, you weren't nice to your player at all. Enemy placement is about as cheap as it could possibly get and not in a good way. I felt they were in really cheap spots and in the case of some of the beach koopas I got hit the moment I knew they even existed. The glassy slope platforms are also very icy and VERY broken, but I'm not sure if that's more on you or more on smbx's janky physics. Either way, they really hindered the gameplay experience. As for the TNT and Nitro blocks, they almost always posed a fair and clever challenge, since this is a crash inspired level.
      Sidenote/Question: Are those graphics from a Rayman game or am I just mixing my games up?
      Design - 2.4/5
      Creativity - 1.7/3
      Aesthetics - 1/2
    Waddle Derp (5/10)
    • This level looked really really good but that's about all I can give it credit for. The crates were a nice addition but they didn't add much if anything at all to the gameplay, making for a long rompy level. The "Destroy all crates" counter was pretty neat I suppose but as stated earlier the level's design wasn't very interesting, so neither was exploring it to find all crates.

20/15/15
23. PROX - Elemental-LunarLuar;Mysterious Base on the Moon (5.771428571/10)
  • Aristocrat (5/10)
      Review: So like, is it unfinished? Why did I need to know that there was going to be a boss? It’s not going to affect the levels score.
      Anyways.
      A bit cluttered with enemies and the background was really hard to distinguish from the foreground. I ran into the iron bar in the star room and didn’t get what was stopping me because I couldn’t tell if it was a background object or not. The secrets were hidden in interesting locations, I liked the one where you saw the laser you had to deactivate on a screen but did not know where it was. Could’ve been used to greater effect if the player didn’t literally just pass the laser before entering the control room. The gravity outside the base was wonky and didn’t feel good at all. You basically rocket into the air and then descend at the speed of something really slow. The floor and laser gimmicks were alright I guess, nothing really new though. Also the music didn’t work.
    FrozenQuills (6.5/10)
    • Design: 28/50
      Aesthetics: 17/20
      Review: The potential is there, but it only ended up being an okay
      level.

This is your typical SMBX-y exploratoriam level with some
      nonlinear level design and a few minor gimmicks here and there.
      The enemies and flavor are cute aesthetically (yay paper mario),
      and the low gravity in the beginning section is sorta fun to play
      around with. The electric floors were a bit neat as well.

However, even though it has a few ingredients of a good
      level, it could have been more fun to play. The level had some
      creative tidbits while being a bit lackluster in execution,
      since not much changes the further you go into the level.
      It would be really cool for example if the low gravity section
      made significant use of the slow falling, or if you have to do some
      puzzles with the timed electric floors. The moving platform segments
      also did not really add much.

The level also ends abruptly; I felt like I was missing quite
      a few things...

But anyway, the level feels like it could rank high, but
      its execution is too safe for it to do that well imo.
    Quill (6.6/10)
    • Review: Uh… if your level is clearly unfinished since you said yourself it’s missing the boss, why submit in the first place? I don’t think that’s a clever idea. As for the level itself, it’s super lengthy and took a while to traverse, which wasn’t that fun especially as the level didn’t introduce many interesting ideas and the ones that were introduced were repeated throughout the level. While that’s definitely a big flaw, the level was still moderately entertaining to play through. I never found myself too bored until around the end where it was beginning to drag. Some sections of this level probably weren’t needed.
      Design: 34/50
    Sorel (6.7/10)
    • BUTTONS

Ah, kind of a shame that you couldn't finish the boss without Beta 4 tech. Would have loved to see it.
      That said, the level is a bit unfocused. It just feels like random obstacles are thrown in your way.
      If you focused on, say, the periodically switching electical floors or the deadly lasers, it would have
      been much more coherent.
      I did like the atmosphere and humour, though.

tl;dr: more focus, and finish the boss once Beta 4 rolls out. (have fun waiting, though)

33/19/15
    Spinda (4.7/10)
    • While this level has some really cool aesthetics and some pretty neat ideas, it mostly suffers from length and a focus on the quantity of gimmicks rather than their quality. The outside section was mostly just there and the low gravity made it take forever to drop down after every jump. The fact that essentially all of the inside section has to be done with one checkpoint doesn't really feel right either because it's pretty long. While some of the ideas like the cannons attached to bullies or the screens showing another location in the level are very cool, they're rarely expanded upon and some of the gimmicks like the electric floor are just too easy to avoid.

17/14/16
    Tltimelord (5.9/10)
    • What a cheesy level. The lower gravity portion of the first third was really janky, and after you go inside the base, you no longer deal with it. I feel like, with all the doors you can't go into that I never found entrances to, this level was meant to be a LOT more expansive, but I'm glad you didn't do that. Of course, it still did leave me confused to all hell which direction was the right direction. As for basic design, it's a little above mediocre. Some of the enemies you have to deal with are really odd and a little annoying at times, either due to their size or their behavior. And again, if there was a better sense of clear path, that would be well appreciated. The visuals are nice and the music is fine.
      Sidenote: The repetitive noise of cycling events is incredibly annoying. Find a way to disable the noises outside of the sections they're in with lua please.
      Design - 2.5/5
      Creativity - 2/3
      Aesthetics - 1.4/2
    Waddle Derp (5/10)
    • It's clear that a lot of effort was put into this level which is something I can appreciate, but it could use some polishing. The fore- and background are very hard to distinguish and that also means enemies are quite hard to spot. Lasers fire seemingly fired out of nowhere until after I died when I noticed the shooters in the wall. The bullet bill cannons also did not look dangerous at all and got me killed quite often. The gravity was a little whacky, although it was a nice touch. The dialogue was also pretty charming and it's a shame that the rest of the level wasn't able to convey that charm too.

25/15/10

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:22 am

23rd got a 5.7
i wonder if they'll actually get better
im bored

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Daily life of Alagirez
Current Project: Questioning my life
Chat Username: Alagirez

Postby WerewolfGD » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:23 am

I can't believe bossedit got 34th place.

A former SMBX level designner
If you want to to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056
Also a furry

YT Channel |MxW2 for those who wants it
My osu! Profile | My twitter

Awooo!

Zipper
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: sos
Chat Username: ZipperQR

Postby Zipper » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:25 am

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: viewtopic.php?t=16308

Postby Radiance » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:30 am

Shouldn't be litchh and MosaicMario in the 30th place?

Quill
Rydia
Rydia
Current Project: Apocalypse of Foroze...?

Postby Quill » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:35 am

Mr Briney wrote:Shouldn't be litchh and MosaicMario in the 30th place?
Well spotted! Most judges preferred MosaicMario's level, so I swapped the placements.

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Radiance » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:36 am

I thought they will have the same numbers. Anyways, I'm hyped for tier 3.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:39 am

31. litchh - Metal Heads (5.185714286/10)
30. MosaicMario - Grand Theft Hoopster (5.185714286/10)

uh-huh

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Radiance » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:40 am

They were switched. It's supposed to be MosaicMario in the 31st place

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:56 am

No, they're both tied for 30th. Also nice to not see many major gulfs between the judges thus far.

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:03 am

ivanmegafanboy
Quantix
Sanct
Enjl
RudeGuy07
Yoshi021
rockythechao
Frad
Darkonius
7NameSam
Zipper
___a
glitch4
Ditchencat
Phazon1111
RhysOwens
Shinbison-Kof
Yoshi678
Mr Briney
The0x539
HenryRichard
Zha Hong Lang

These are the 22 people left.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:44 am

Surprised that I survived Tier 2. I've outdone my expectations at this point.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

Quantix
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Quantix » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:46 am

what zipper said
viewtopic.php?f=69&p=286856#p286855

Generic Quote Collection:
Skant wrote:The egg will fuck you if you don't catch it
rockythechao wrote:f6 is an over-the-counter generic run-of-the-mill store-brand bootleg knockoff f5
some people wrote:The021stYoshiFromThe021stCentury: Who would win, a tophat wearing a tophat, or hoeloe wearing hoeloe?
Hoeloe: yes
glitch4: f6
rockythecomet: that's a trick question
rockythecomet: a top hat wearing a hoeloe
Waffles & Stuff (timocomlita) wrote:No matter what you do, it's impossible to get rid of the impossible.
Petrifying wrote:Piss off with your sex doll SMBX 2.0
Enjl wrote:it puts a twist on classic 4 step level design which i like to call "2 and a half steps backwards design"

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:57 am

Well, i'm quite a bit disappointed with the score alot of the judges gave me on my level, but atleast i just barely made my goal, oh well, better luck next time i guess.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

And Here's The Proof

My Level Thread

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16338

Join My Discord Server below!

https://discord.gg/2pHMZg4

My Projects

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
[/center]

snoruntpyro
Pokey
Pokey

Postby snoruntpyro » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:59 am

popping in to say that "Grand Theft Hoopster" is probably my favorite level name of all time

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?

Postby Mosaic » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:00 am

snoruntpyro wrote:popping in to say that "Grand Theft Hoopster" is probably my favorite level name of all time
are you being sarcastic or are you actually serious?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

And Here's The Proof

My Level Thread

My Projects

[/center]

Zipper
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: sos
Chat Username: ZipperQR

Postby Zipper » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:07 am

okay new prediction : 16th place

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:13 am

MosaicMario wrote:are you being sarcastic or are you actually serious?
I saw pyro talking about your level elsewhere, and that was a serious comment. It was the first name that pyro had ever come across which immediately gave the urge to play the level, just by the name.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:18 am

Zha Hong Lang wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:are you being sarcastic or are you actually serious?
I saw pyro talking about your level elsewhere, and that was a serious comment. It was the first name that pyro had ever come across which immediately gave the urge to play the level, just by the name.
oh i see

And Here's The Proof

My Level Thread

My Projects

[/center]

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:43 am

Meh, kind of expected this.

ImageImageImage

Return to “Level Contests”