What do you mean too early. It's been three months since I launched Contest 7. And now is the perfect time to start the contest as most of us are on vacations!
Results at last! I've divided them into five tiers and I'm posting them one per day starting from the lowest scores. You know how we roll. Who will win??? You'll know soon enough!!!
Will bold those who have submitted their reviews.
- You may only submit one level.
- You must submit the level before the deadline.
- It has to be made by you and you alone.
- The level must be complete and completeable.
- The level has to end with a Star (or the exit can be anything but a Star must be obtained in order to reach it). It can have an additional secret star but no more than two stars in total. This is for my convenience when I build Tower of Biased.
- The level can't end the game.
- Do not use music that goes beyond 6 minutes.
- Please make sure none of the NPC codes have decimal values. They cause problems and slow down the judging/TOB progress significantly.
- You may not reveal any details about the level to the public before the judges are done judging all the levels. This includes showing screenshots of the level prior to this announcement. You may not submit a level that you've posted screenshots of, or videos for that matter.
- LunaDLL isn't allowed as it's still a bit too complicated to the majority and those who know how it works would be in an advantage.
- By submitting a level you agree that it will be in Tower of Biased 7.
How it will be run
You'll submit a level (that meets the criteria stated under Rules) before the deadline, and after that the judges will take a week or so reviewing them. Each level will have a score on a scale of 0.00-10.00 and will be given a short review from all the judges. This time to make sure everyone gets the same amount of reviews, I will act as a back-up judge who will judge the levels that one of the judges can't review for some reason. The development for Tower of Bias 7, the episode that connects every submission, will also have started at this point. The prize? The same old fame and glory. I know previously individual users have promised the winners prizes but ultimately they never do.
How to submit a level
- Put your level in a ZIP along with the optional custom graphics folder and custom music.
- Please don't put the files in another folder before archiving because I will have to move them out afterwards and that's more unnecessary work for me.
- You may include a readme with tips, credits etc. if you want.
- LIKE THIS
- Archive your level as shown above. Don't put the level, music or the possible readme inside the custom graphics folder as I have to move it out and it slows down the process unnecessarily. Make sure the custom graphics folder and the level have the exact same name as otherwise the custom graphics won't display in the level.
- Give your level a unique name. Don't name it "Level" or "Contest" as that just makes organizing the levels a pain and at worst levels will get overwritten because they have the same names.
- Name the custom music as shown above. Here's an example. If it's the desert theme from New Super Mario Bros. Wii, don't name it "Desert" or "Custom music" because it could overwrite an existing custom music with the same name when I pack the levels for the judges. Renaming songs and then making sure they still work in the correct levels is extremely time-consuming. So do this instead: name it nsmbw-desert.mp3. That's a great way to prevent overwrites, and if somebody happens to use the same music, the overwrite is actually beneficial as the double song will be eliminated and the package size will be reduced.
- Don't name your readme just "Readme" either because, again, that'll definitely cause overwrites. Put the name of your level in the beginning of the name as shown above.
- Please name the .zip after the level, too.
- LIKE THIS
- Don't put your name on any of the files.
- Send your level to me in a Private Message. I will direct them to the judges.
July 12, 22:00 GMT/UTC.
Darkmatt will reward the winner(s)!
also wind will hand the winner a Landmark 1 Week Closed Beta key. landmark game site https://www.landmarkthegame.com/about-landmark
Those who submitted are bolded.
dark old x
72. SMBXxer - One More Overless - 0.1/10 71. FanofSMBX - A Spongy Story - 0.87/10 70. Vinyl - This level was approved by Mitt Romney - 1.56/10 69. Sakke - Pelottava talo - 2.375/10 68. beanluv - Final Zone - 3.7/10 67. Little Boo - Cursed Valley - 3.81/10 66. Murphmario - Not-At-All Lost Woods - 4.159/10 65. crusher169 - Casual Casino - 4.19/10 64. DimitrisPowerSeven - Bowser's Newer Castle - 4.195/10 63. kchunming925364 - Planet of State - 4.41/10 62. fireflowerhour - Deadlands - 4.445/10 61. SuperMarioBuider16 - Just A Normal Old Grassylands Level - 4.57/10 60. HenryRichard1234 - Futuristicalish Land - 4.855/10 59. Pivot40Channel - Bowser & Bowser Jr. Factory - 4.875/10 Tier 2
58. JangoFred - Koopa Troopa Beach Brawl - 5.075/10 57. MECHDRAGON777 - Kampfschiff 1K - 5.3/10 56. Kingbowser112 - Bowser Jr.'s High Tower - 5.39/10 55. Dollarluigi - Waffle Plains - 4.821/10 54. CaptainSyrup - Ice Glacier - 5.45/10 53. schm2000 - The Old Kingdom - 5.535/10 52. LitDude - SMBX random sections can be confused - 5.61/10 51. moemoe02 - Cold Cubes - 4.865/10 50. Aeon Wisp - Vile Volcano - 5.815/10 49. Imaynotbehere4long - Sharp Objects Are Usually Deadly - 5.867/10 48. 8bitmushroom - Gray-Rock Pass - 5.105/10 47. andregemeo23 - Volcanic Valley - 6.055/10 46. SuperWingedYoshi - Touchy Fuzzy Get Done - 6.139/10 45. Star - Pyramid of Doom - 6.4/10 44. castlewars - FROZEN IS DA BEST MOVIE EVER!!! - 6.405/10 43. MidiGuyDP - Cloud Controll - 6.417/10 42. mariogeek2 - Concrete Forest - 6.499/10 Tier 3
41. Thetoxicminecrafter1 - A Voyage Through Spike Mountain - 6.56/10 40. RoundPiplup - The Faulty Lab Tour - 6.575/10 39. Knux - Automatica - 6.58/10 38. GameClip477 - Emerald Ruins - 6.735/10 37. Dragonmaster146 - Thriller - 6.811/10 36. Beyond - Technologic Tubs - 6.88/10 35. reghrhre - NO CGFX AND LINEAR LEVEL 0 POINTS - 6.935/10 34. Jarckius - Betwixt Clouds - 6.964/10 33. Christian07 - Clawgrip's Tall Tower - 6.973/10 32. GLuigiX - Paperplains - 7.059/10 31. Kep - Freezing Forest Folly - 7.084/10 30. Blueoak - Ice Path - 7.097/10 29. bulletbill43 - Gravitational Ice Cave - 7.125/10 28. Bryux - Discotheque - 7.125/10 27. h2643 - World 1-2 - 7.187/10 26. Hawkeyeone - Music Mania - 7.395/10 Tier 4 Part 1
25. deadfish - Fancy Skies 7.5/10 24. DarkMatt - The Calming Waters of the Mine - 6.62/10 23. Vanishing Bulborb - NES Dungeon - 7.64/10 22. Gintoki - Steins;Steppe - 7.659/10 21. ElTipsa - Burning Hot Red Sperm Volcanic Core of Fiery Cum - 7.68/10 20. TNTtimelord - Western Wild Mountain - 7.73/10 19. Willhart - Red vs. Blue - 7.805/10 18. Epoch - Neon Flare - 7.919/10 17. litchh - Motobugs Field - 7.947/10 Tier 4, Part 2
16. Valtteri - Mario Zone - 8.04/10 15. Quill - Forgotten Forest - 8.062/10 14. Shinbison-Kof - Exploration in Interior of the Strange Mammal Beached - 8.219/10 13. bossedit8 - Final Fury Fortress - 8.28/10 12. Mudkip - Steins;Underwater - 8.375/10 11. AirShip - 5-3 Freezing Frozen - 8.405/10 10. zlakerboy357 - Subcon Snowland - 8.409/10 9. Frozen Rex - Spike Sanctuary - 8.413/10 Places 3-8
8. Bomber57 - Foliage Fissure - 8.51/10 7. Darkonius64 - Windy Woodtop - 8.705/10 6. FireLink - Starlight Spectral Shrub - 8.765/10 5. sezixor - Ashen Acropolis - 8.84/10 4. Sednaiur - Operation Star Snatcher - 8.923/10 3. SuperMario7 - Wild Western Walk - 9.035/10 Top 2
2. Kyo - Steins;Volcano - 9.079/10 1. Emral - Steins;Lab - 9.179/10 Tower of Biased 7: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 698#p67698