Level Contest 8: The Winner!

Official community level contests.
User avatar
RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4992
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:36 am
Flair: local guy
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby RudeGuy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:41 am

Only the half? Why?
im bored

User avatar
RoundPiplup
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby RoundPiplup » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:45 am

TIER 4 PART 2 NOW OR RIOT.
The Past still haunts me.
Spoiler: show
Image

Image
...

User avatar
Bryux
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 6:32 am

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby Bryux » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:46 am

Only the first part because you rioted.
Obligatory signaturtle
Image
Oh yeah. Praise the moon!

User avatar
RoundPiplup
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby RoundPiplup » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:47 am

Bryux wrote:Only the first part because you rioted.
Lol, the riots happened.
The Past still haunts me.
Spoiler: show
Image

Image
...

User avatar
DarkMatt
Banned
Posts: 1144
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby DarkMatt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:48 am

Kyo wrote:Only Knux moves down and DarkMatt up a lot. But that's where the judges majorly disagreed with each other. There isn't any other severe change. If you remove the reviews of any other judge and leave Emral's reviews there, it would influence the list just as much, and if not, barely remarkably. This is just the natural influence of one judge's opinion. Nothing severe.
>Thinks just me and Knux got fucked over.

Way to assume.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

User avatar
Willhart
Banned
Posts: 368
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:18 am

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby Willhart » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:53 am

I now have to check what levels Epoch has made. I'm pretty happy with my placement in the top 20. It's a shame that TNT did not like the tileset I used.

User avatar
ssumday
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 1:18 pm
Flair: Nope
Current Project: Nope

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby ssumday » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:05 pm

In CC7, have deleted the score 5.5 from Ace's level, because this score was unfair. Why not do the same with some Emral's scores? Mainly at Eltpisa's level.
Also known as FireLink.

User avatar
Frozen Rex
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:55 am

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby Frozen Rex » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Wow, I beat guys that I didn't think I could beat like Gintoki, ElTipsa, TNTtimelord. Looks like Emral gave me high score.

User avatar
zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby zlaker » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Top 16 not bad. Hyped for Tier 4 Part 2!111
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

User avatar
ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:16 pm
Current Project: A project

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby ElTipsta » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:13 pm

FireLink wrote:In CC7, have deleted the score 5.5 from Ace's level, because this score was unfair. Why not do the same with some Emral's scores? Mainly at Eltpisa's level.
Yeah, my level would probably have gotten into the top 10 had it not being for Emral's slightly harsh 5/10 score, despite the snake block issue being picked up by pretty much every judge, only Emral feels it's serious enough to mark the level down for what was to me a first time use, so I have experience for next time. I do feel overall that overall the review was a little bit harsh (the level "wasn't too special?"), although I'm happy with 21st place.

Oh well. Stuff like this happens every contest, which is to be expected.

Good luck to everybody who is left! :)
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:
Image

User avatar
Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1690
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:45 pm
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Current Project: Dormiveglia
Contact:

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:14 pm

so like, seriously, will we get part 2 today?
it's not that hard to post some reviews... right...?
Image
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame

User avatar
RoundPiplup
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby RoundPiplup » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:21 pm

ElTipsta wrote:
FireLink wrote:In CC7, have deleted the score 5.5 from Ace's level, because this score was unfair. Why not do the same with some Emral's scores? Mainly at Eltpisa's level.
Yeah, my level would probably have gotten into the top 10 had it not being for Emral's slightly harsh 5/10 score...
Well, that's just rad. Sorry to see that you got into Emral's harsh list.
The Past still haunts me.
Spoiler: show
Image

Image
...

User avatar
Megar
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:30 am

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby Megar » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:33 pm

updated the list
http://pastebin.com/rpChVFiJ
again quite a few changes
disgusting

User avatar
Nexia
Bit
Bit
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby Nexia » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Nice punishment Elsa! :D
Might be a bit early, but congratulations to deadfish, TNT, and the others who made it this far. ElTipsa - Burning Hot Red Sperm Volcanic Core of Fiery Cum, what the fack
I believe in blatant forum signature copypasta exploiting someone's religion as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
Discord username/ID: show
________#8888
Interesting ad.
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 658
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:12 pm
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby Kyo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Valtteri, if we reach top 10 and you say "lol a level daily", I'll strike you down.
DarkMatt wrote:
Kyo wrote:Only Knux moves down and DarkMatt up a lot. But that's where the judges majorly disagreed with each other. There isn't any other severe change. If you remove the reviews of any other judge and leave Emral's reviews there, it would influence the list just as much, and if not, barely remarkably. This is just the natural influence of one judge's opinion. Nothing severe.
>Thinks just me and Knux got fucked over.

Way to assume.
Dude, I said that only you two were severely influenced by Emral. I didn't say Emral's reviews didn't influence any other level.

Oh, some of you might want to see who's still in. These people are still in the competition:
Spoiler: show
AirShip
Bomber57
bossedit8
Darkonius64
Emral
FireLink
Frozen Rex
Kyo
Mudkip
Quill
Sednaiur
sezixor
Shinbison-Kof
SuperMario7
Valtteri
zlakerboy357
It's going to get intense. All of those are really good when it comes to level designing. Good luck!

User avatar
zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby zlaker » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:49 pm

Great news. We won't get Part 2 today folks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

User avatar
ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:16 pm
Current Project: A project

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby ElTipsta » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Nexia wrote: ElTipsa - Burning Hot Red Sperm Volcanic Core of Fiery Cum, what the fack
Don't ask.
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:
Image

User avatar
Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1690
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:45 pm
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Current Project: Dormiveglia
Contact:

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:22 pm

zlakerboy357 wrote:Great news. We won't get Part 2 today folks.

SERIOUSLY?! and why is that?!
i just wanted to see my inevitable demise D:
Image
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame

User avatar
RoundPiplup
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby RoundPiplup » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:22 pm

Darkonius Mavakar wrote:
zlakerboy357 wrote:Great news. We won't get Part 2 today folks.

SERIOUSLY?! and why is that?!
i just wanted to see my inevitable demise D:
WTF... This is just rad.
The Past still haunts me.
Spoiler: show
Image

Image
...

User avatar
Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1690
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:45 pm
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Current Project: Dormiveglia
Contact:

Re: Level Contest 8: Tier 4, Part 1

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:23 pm

RoundPiplup wrote:
Darkonius Mavakar wrote:
zlakerboy357 wrote:Great news. We won't get Part 2 today folks.

SERIOUSLY?! and why is that?!
i just wanted to see my inevitable demise D:
PLEASE PART 2 TODAY! I can't wait to see as it goes on further!
ALSO PART 2 BECUZ IZ MAH BIRTHDAY
i think it's a pretty valid reason... right?
Image
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame


Return to “Level Contests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests