Winter Contest: The Winner and the Runner-up

Official community level contests.
AirShip
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: The Flying Ghost
Current Project: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22332
Chat Username: AirSheep

Re: LC10 New Rule Will -1 Your Score if Broken, Read!!!

Postby AirShip » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:55 pm

I want to participate, I hope to finish my level in time.

Believe in the me that believe in you!

The ABC of Creation

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:00 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:
I'll make the scores without the punishment minuses visible in the results but your placement will be based on the decreased score. It's really your fault for not following the rules and I think it's a reasonable punishment.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Mark my words someone would have been top ten but they get a down mark. Is that something you want to be fine with, Valtteri? It sorta mechanically makes sense, but I can imagine hurt feelings.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Radishl
Banned
Current Project: Super Mario Hero

Postby Radishl » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:40 pm

Fanof you participating this contest?

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:41 pm

Valtteri wrote:It's really your fault for not following the rules and I think it's a reasonable punishment.
Well it's not my fault that I still don't know how to make a download contain anything more than a folder.

And most of my answers are like "highlight your level folder, .mp3 and .lvl and then send it to a .zip folder" when that doesn't work for me and I get an error message.
previously known as Kep

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy

Postby zioy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:43 pm

Then put them in a folder and then put the folder in a .zip, that should be allowed.

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby silent_ » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:45 pm

krazykat wrote:Then put them in a folder and then put the folder in a .zip, that should be allowed.
No, that's not allowed.
previously known as Kep

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Kep wrote:
krazykat wrote:Then put them in a folder and then put the folder in a .zip, that should be allowed.
No, that's not allowed.
Technically it should be since the "send to zip" feature of Windows does that.

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby silent_ » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:52 pm

krazykat wrote:
Kep wrote:
No, that's not allowed.
Technically it should be since the "send to zip" feature of Windows does that.
But the .mp3 and .lvl are still in the folder, and that's the whole point of the rule: Leave them out.
previously known as Kep

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:00 pm

But the graphics are in their own folder.
It's like this:

.zip-> folder-> graphics folder+level+music+readme

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:36 pm

Kep wrote:
Valtteri wrote:It's really your fault for not following the rules and I think it's a reasonable punishment.
Well it's not my fault that I still don't know how to make a download contain anything more than a folder.
i mean it IS your fault that you don't have a certain knowledge

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:44 am

Nien wrote:
Kep wrote:
I do not think it is someone's Dalit if someone else never taught the person in question! So, koolcat's suggestion should work since it is bassicly the same format that Valtteri is asking for!

It would also be upsetting if I made first, just because about half of the contestants get a few points deducted! Or if any one else gets first because all of the better levels get several points deducted! I Agree that I think the point drop is fair in a way, but the reverse side of the mirror is this: you can easily over look something like that! I am just trying to point out pros and cons. Some people might support it just so they rely on the rule and point deduction to win over people who do not pay attentiön, and it would fell like they were cheated out of victory! I am studding the rules just so I do not get points deducted!

Another thing, why do a point reductiön, I know this was already said ,but, why not half or less a point, because recently , these contests have a difference 0,1 and I seen two levels have. Difference of less then 0,0001. So, half would be modes fair, or, if you disqualify them, that meNs they can use the level in the next contest (if they wanted to) and all they would have to do is fix the error that broke the rule! Would that be more fair?

Could taking off because a level is to long, to short, to hard, or to easy be any more unfair? This seems like it is I. The same ball park! I do not mind the rules my self, but if I win just because of the rules, or someone is cheated out of first, I do not want to be the one who caused all of the grief! If anyone asks, I am not taking sides on this matter , but could it be weighed a bit more?

Anywho, I wish every one good luck in the contest! I hope bossedit8, elitalianoverde, and as303298. Place high, if they entered and send a level that is! Good luck!

ImageImageImage

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:39 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Nien wrote:
Kep wrote: Well it's not my fault that I still don't know how to make a download contain anything more than a folder.
I do not think it is someone's Dalit if someone else never taught the person in question! So, koolcat's suggestion should work since it is bassicly the same format that Valtteri is asking for!

It would also be upsetting if I made first, just because about half of the contestants get a few points deducted! Or if any one else gets first because all of the better levels get several points deducted! I Agree that I think the point drop is fair in a way, but the reverse side of the mirror is this: you can easily over look something like that! I am just trying to point out pros and cons. Some people might support it just so they rely on the rule and point deduction to win over people who do not pay attentiön, and it would fell like they were cheated out of victory! I am studding the rules just so I do not get points deducted!

Another thing, why do a point reductiön, I know this was already said ,but, why not half or less a point, because recently , these contests have a difference 0,1 and I seen two levels have. Difference of less then 0,0001. So, half would be modes fair, or, if you disqualify them, that meNs they can use the level in the next contest (if they wanted to) and all they would have to do is fix the error that broke the rule! Would that be more fair?

Could taking off because a level is to long, to short, to hard, or to easy be any more unfair? This seems like it is I. The same ball park! I do not mind the rules my self, but if I win just because of the rules, or someone is cheated out of first, I do not want to be the one who caused all of the grief! If anyone asks, I am not taking sides on this matter , but could it be weighed a bit more?

Anywho, I wish every one good luck in the contest! I hope bossedit8, elitalianoverde, and as303298. Place high, if they entered and send a level that is! Good luck!
> punishment too bad

That's exactly what they're going for. It's not that hard to do this the right way, and it gives extra work to all the people holding this. It's not a hard rule to follow, and that's why I think the -1 point is ok. They want to make people fear breaking the rule.

Also the contest judges should already take off points if a level is goo long/short/hard so a point reduction is unnecessary there.
im a girl yo

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:45 am

Nickname wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:[quote="Nien"

> punishment too bad

That's exactly what they're going for. It's not that hard to do this the right way, and it gives extra work to all the people holding this. It's not a hard rule to follow, and that's why I think the -1 point is ok. They want to make people fear breaking the rule.

Also the contest judges should already take off points if a level is goo long/short/hard so a point reduction is unnecessary there.
I wonder how many people overlook this and lose about 3 points then!

ImageImageImage

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Current Project: You really think I'll finish one?
Chat Username: AirSeus

Postby AirSeus » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:41 am

Hey, I have submitted a level about a week ago, how come I have not been bolded?
I dunno, something inspirational is supposed to go here so here I go:

Realize the difference between criticism and hate.
Criticism is direct feedback about the level that helps and tells you what you could do better and/or what you could expand upon.
Hate is direct insults towards you/your level that tell you nothing other than how bad you are.

AKA: Don't cry at every responce you get, just ignore hate and respond to criticism.

Blck_Guy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: SMBX: Nw Super Mario Land (1?)

Postby Blck_Guy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:33 am

AirSeus wrote:Hey, I have submitted a level about a week ago, how come I have not been bolded?

Admins are being lazy!!
Should GhostHawk add link to VSMBX?

LIVE ON YOUTUBE:
IRC Moments:
<Blck_Guy> Is here a Type of Drug for Legend-Master980 to make him stop Aging Fast?
<Legend-Master980> Blck_Guy: Thanks.
<Nexia> Gohan what else do u need
<PrincessMarina> You
<Blck_Guy> I'm a DUCK
* Anna roasts duck for dinner
<Blck_Guy> Anna I hope I taste Good...
<Anna> Blck_Guy, not u silly
<PrincessMarina> Blck_Guy: you taste good.
<Blck_Guy> PrincessMarina Owww Thanks..... :')
<XerX> Without Reghrhre there is no fun here anymore :c *cri*
<Blck_Guy> XerX Stop Showing us that you Love reghrhre so much!!
<XerX> No
<Nexia> May the spammers never touch this beauty
YouTube Channel:

Other Things:
CC10 level progress: Completed

Flying Brick
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Drawing stuff! \o/

Postby Flying Brick » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:39 am

Blck_Guy wrote: Admins are being lazy!!
That, or they simply made a mistake. Don't be so quick to judge...

Radishl
Banned
Current Project: Super Mario Hero

Postby Radishl » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:33 am

AirSeus wrote:Hey, I have submitted a level about a week ago, how come I have not been bolded?
ABOUT A WEEK AGO, WEEK AGO.

Jokes aside,the admins probably just forgot to bold it, I'm sure they have it.

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:34 am

Kep wrote:But the .mp3 and .lvl are still in the folder, and that's the whole point of the rule: Leave them out.
Maybe have you tried putting only the folder in an archive and then opening the archive and copying the other things there?

Nickname wrote:> punishment too bad
Getting the score decreased by 1 is quite unfair, though. I think it should be just a 0.1 decrease.
im bored

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:49 am

RudeGuy07 wrote:
Kep wrote:But the .mp3 and .lvl are still in the folder, and that's the whole point of the rule: Leave them out.
Maybe have you tried putting only the folder in an archive and then opening the archive and copying the other things there?

Nickname wrote:> punishment too bad
Getting the score decreased by 1 is quite unfair, though. I think it should be just a 0.1 decrease.
How is it unfair? It's not a hard rule to follow, and the punishment is bad so people follow it.
im a girl yo

Return to “Level Contests”