Winter Contest: The Winner and the Runner-up

Official community level contests.
Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Re: LC10 New Rule Will -1 Your Score if Broken, Read!!!

Postby Valtteri » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:22 am

Your reasoning behind opposing the new rule is stupid because everyone will still get to see the scores the judges gave you, and the average without the punishment minuses. The punishment only affects your final placement and it's perfectly reasonable as it's entirely your fault if you decide not to read the rules.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:25 am

Kyo wrote:There we go, two more users who fail to understand the definition of criticism.
What? If you mean me I was talking about the people who can't follow the rules not the criticism
Last edited by bossedit8 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Quote

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:42 am

I'm about 35% with my level. Graphics are at 97% (I lack some of them) and the level itself is at 25%. I should really ghet out from my lazyness. (also I know this is quite off-topic right now but somebody is saying that).
im bored

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:49 am

Valtteri wrote:Your reasoning behind opposing the new rule is stupid because everyone will still get to see the scores the judges gave you, and the average without the punishment minuses. The punishment only affects your final placement and it's perfectly reasonable as it's entirely your fault if you decide not to read the rules.
Exactly. Moving a file or two out of a folder is not a big problem. I don't see why people even do that in the first place. It's easier, for me at least, to just make a folder, put a level and music file in it, then make the level's folder and put the graphics in. That way, I go to my level folder, and then my graphics folder. So that equates to, lemme see here, 1, 2, 3, 4 steps, including the creation of random folders. That is it.

HealthyMario
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby HealthyMario » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:07 am

I'll join! Hopefully I can actually come up with an interesting gimmick for the upcoming contest level!

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:15 am

SnifitGuy wrote:
Valtteri wrote:Your reasoning behind opposing the new rule is stupid because everyone will still get to see the scores the judges gave you, and the average without the punishment minuses. The punishment only affects your final placement and it's perfectly reasonable as it's entirely your fault if you decide not to read the rules.
Exactly. Moving a file or two out of a folder is not a big problem. I don't see why people even do that in the first place. It's easier, for me at least, to just make a folder, put a level and music file in it, then make the level's folder and put the graphics in. That way, I go to my level folder, and then my graphics folder. So that equates to, lemme see here, 1, 2, 3, 4 steps, including the creation of random folders. That is it.
We don't oppose the rule, we (or at least I) oppose the punishment.
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:18 am

Turtwig wrote:
SnifitGuy wrote:
We don't oppose the rule, we (or at least I) oppose the punishment.
Well if you oppose the punishment but not the rule, then why not follow the rule?

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:33 am

Just because someone placed folders incorrectly doesn't mean they disobeyed the rule; they might have forgotten or some other reason. I still think the points taken off should be reduced to 0.5, to prevent so much spacing.
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:13 am

Turtwig wrote:Just because someone placed folders incorrectly doesn't mean they disobeyed the rule; they might have forgotten or some other reason. I still think the points taken off should be reduced to 0.5, to prevent so much spacing.
Oh, I see what you mean. You're saying the punishment should be reduced, not removed completely. Eh, that kind of makes sense, as 1 point is a big deal when it comes to places. Maybe -0.5 is a better deduction.

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:37 am

Just letting you guys know, I posted my little compression tutorial for a reason.
Steam:
Spoiler: show
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Postby Kyo » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:45 pm

PaperPlayerX wrote:Just letting you guys know, I posted my little compression tutorial for a reason.
Nobody is going to follow it. They are just going to do it the simple way by moving the lvl file outside of the folder.

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy

Postby zioy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:46 pm

Lol I just put the .lvl, the .mp3, and the graphics folder into a folder, and then do right-click -> Send to .zip.
I don't think it's technically breaking the rule, but it is bending it a tiny bit.
I already submitted my level though so it doesn't matter until next contest :P

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Postby Kyo » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:49 pm

Why are you all trying to overcomplicate the progress of having the lvl file outside of the folder?

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:51 pm

Kyo wrote:Why are you all trying to overcomplicate the progress of having the lvl file outside of the folder?
The way I do it is easier for me, at least.

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:06 pm

Turtwig wrote:Just because someone placed folders incorrectly doesn't mean they disobeyed the rule; they might have forgotten or some other reason. I still think the points taken off should be reduced to 0.5, to prevent so much spacing.
It doesn't matter if you don't obey the rules or forget to obey the rules. It's your fault just the same.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:29 pm

Holy Moly guys just follow the rules Valtteri made geeze. I seriously wonder how you even follow the forum rules like that.

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:31 pm

CaptainSyrup wrote:Holy Moly guys just follow the rules Valtteri made geeze. I seriously wonder how you even follow the forum rules like that.
I agree with this.

Also, does anyone find it a tiny bit funny that this contest has more rules than the forum itself (which has only 4)?

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:08 pm

The punishment is not really unfair if half of the participants have been kept obeying the god damn rule for the past 3 contests.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:17 pm

zlakergirl357 wrote:The punishment is not really unfair if half of the participants have been kept obeying the god damn rule for the past 3 contests.
*hides in a corner guiltily*

Also, I hope you mean disobeying.
previously known as Kep

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:16 am

Yeah I meant disobey lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

Return to “Level Contests”