The 2015 (and first ever!) SMBX Spring Vanilla Level Contest!The object of this contest is really simple - you must design a level that has no custom modifications whatsoever. In essence, your level is just a .lvl file. Your level will not have a name and the judges will not know who made each level. All the judges will see is your level itself.
The rules are pretty straightforward, but feel free to ask questions if you have them:
- Your submission must be just a .lvl file. No zipfiles, no instruction texts, no credits. Just the one file, preferably called "Username.lvl" or something to that effect just to make it easier on me. All level names will be erased upon delivery to the judges. Submissions that are not a single .lvl file will be ignored.
- Levels will be submitted to me (Joey) via MediaFire, Dropbox, Sendspace, or another easily accessible file sharing site. If I can't download the file and/or I have to create an account on the file sharing site, the submission will be ignored.
- Levels that contain any content that clearly indicates the author's name will be disqualified (e.g. a message box saying "this level was made by...").
- Levels that are not able to be completed normally (i.e. without cheating or editing) will be disqualified.
- Joke levels are not allowed.
- You may not talk about your level in any form before the results are posted. This includes (but is not limited to) forum/IRC discussion, posting videos, or posting screenshots. Likewise, you may not submit a level that you have previously talked about in any form.
- Modifying your .lvl file in a text editor to include something that is not possible when using the SMBX editor is not allowed.
Levels are due on Friday, May 22, no later than 11:59 PM EST. Good luck!
FallingSnow, SuperMario7, and Marina will be judging this contest. French Vanilla is objectively the best flavor of vanilla ice cream.
12th place: 11th place: 10th place: 9th place: 8th place: 7th place: 6th place: 5th place: 4th place: 3rd place: 2nd place: 1st place: Congratulations to the winner and thanks to all who participated!