M37: Peak Oil, 200 Years Too Soon Player Sign-ups

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.

Moderator: Game Masters

Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah
Current Project: ???

M37: Peak Oil, 200 Years Too Soon Player Sign-ups

Postby Pseudo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:45 pm

The year is 1855. The setting, the American West. A team of gangsters, commissioned by a time-traveling oil tycoon from the year 2180 named Big Doyle and led by legendary outlaw Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson, has infiltrated the once-peaceful mining town of Gunshot Gulch, Nevada in order to dig up a plentiful source of oil located below the surface. Oil is exceptionally rare in the late 22nd century and Doyle plans to bring the gallons he would dig up back to his own time, where he will sell it for trillions of euros.
The gangsters' only opposition is the 13 innocent townspeople of Gunshot Gulch who are determined to protect their village. Well, that's not totally right. Thankfully, Doyle was followed back in time by a Time Cop who has taken a vow to prevent the timeline from being altered and to stop the villainous oil tycoon at any cost. Unfortunately, he's already failed the first part, what with making his presence known to villagers in 1855 and all. But that's alright; he can still succeed in the second.
Oh yeah, and there's some prospector who wants all the gold in Gunshot Gulch for himself or something too, no matter who he has to kill. The townspeople will have to deal with all this in...

M37: Peak Oil, 200 Years Too Soon
Format: Roleflip - 18 Players
This is a roleflip game. Since every player is a unique character, their specific role will be identified when they are killed (by default). However, cardflip colors are still included.

The Gangster Squad
Big Doyle: A greedy oil tycoon from the year 2180. He is the diabolical mastermind behind all of this, and can use cloaking technology to alter his appearance to appear blue if no autopsy is performed on him.
Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson: A legendary outlaw in 1850s Nevada. As long as he's alive, he will be able to kill one player on even-numbered nights, thanks to his incredible quick draw.
Black Bill Redford: Named for his ashen face thanks to his work with explosives, Bill can place a bomb on one player each night that is rigged to explode if that player dies; if so the player will cardflip black with no name revealed. The bombs will decay by the next night.
Mr. Skull: 160 years before he joined the ghost pirate crew, Mr. Skull was a gangster in the Old West. He spies on other players and gives them good bones and calcium, and can visit one player each night to eavesdrop on any host PMs they received.
(All members have contact with each other and conspire to kill one player each night.)
Goal: Eliminate the Prospector and equal or outnumber the townspeople.

The Townspeople
Doc Fesstival: The doctor who performs the autopsy on players every morning and night after someone dies. If he dies, the roleflip mechanic will be retired in favor of regular cardflips, since he won't be able to identify the bodies. He can also choose to permanently retire and disable this ability during the night from Night 2 onwards, which will be announced to the whole game.
Time Cop: A mysterious time cop from the future who doesn't play by the rules. He's extensively researched the population of Gunshot Gulch and can inspect one player each night to learn that player's cardflip color.
Sheriff Westin: Gunshot's sheriff, who has been set aside in his inspection capabilities by the Time Cop. He's looking to build up a posse to combat the gangsters himself, and can reveal his role to one player each night.
Crazy Carl Williams: If Jonny Peterson is the fastest gun in the west, Carl Williams is the craziest. He can kill one player each night, but will lose this ability for one night if he kills an innocent.
One Horse: The only horse in this town, he can sit on one player each night to prevent that player from being night killed. Obviously, he can't sit on himself.
Eric the Bartender: Has no ability, but cardflips blue if not identified by Doc Fesstival.
Lester the Kid: Regular townsperson
Timmy Claymore: Regular townsperson.
Frank Strange: Regular townsperson.
Vinny, the general store owner: Regular townsperson.
The Texan Smoker: Regular townsperson.
Barney the Carnie: Regular townsperson.
TNT Tyrone: A legendary former mercenary who previously worked with Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson. He has been retired for years, but will appear guilty if not identified by Doc Fesstival.
Goal: Eliminate the gangsters and prospector.

The Prospector
Ol' Ben, the Prospector: A crazed and greedy prospector who is obsessed with taking Gunshot Gulch and its oil for himself. Each night, he can kill one player. He can also protect himself by hiding in a hole if someone tries to kill him, rendering him immune to night kills. People don't think of him as a bad guy normally, so he cardflips green if not identified by Doc Fesstival (revealing his stolen gold).
Goal: Be the last player standing.

Role PMs
Spoiler: show
Role PM wrote:You are Big Doyle! You are the greedy oil tycoon from the year 2180 who's behind everything that has transpired in Gunshot Gulch. You brought cloaking technology from the future back with you, and can use it to disguise yourself to even the Time Cop, appearing blue unless Doc Fesstival performs an autopsy on your corpse. Additionally, you will conspire with your allies in the Gangster Squad to kill one player each night.

Assisting you are <player> (Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson), <player> (Black Bill Redford), and <player> (Mr. Skull).

Your goal is to eliminate the prospector and equal or outnumber the townspeople.

Role PM wrote:You are Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson! You are a legendary outlaw feared for your quick draw by the townspeople of Gunshot Gulch, and you have been hired by Big Doyle to take over the town and help him strike oil. On even-numbered nights, you can pull your gun on someone to kill them. Additionally, you will conspire with your allies in the Gangster Squad to kill one player each night.

Assisting you are <player> (Big Doyle), <player> (Black Bill Redford), and <player> (Mr. Skull).

Your goal is to eliminate the prospector and equal or outnumber the townspeople.

Role PM wrote:You are Black Bill Redford! You are an ashen-faced explosives expert and accomplice to Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson, who has called on you to help with his latest scheme. Each night, you can place a bomb on one player. If the player is killed by the next night, the bomb will explode, destroying the body and making it unidentifiable (the player will cardflip black and no role will be revealed even with Doc Fesstival's help). This does not affect the Time Cop's inspection ability. Additionally, you will conspire with your allies in the Gangster Squad to kill one player each night.

Assisting you are <player> (Big Doyle), <player> (Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson), and <player> (Mr. Skull).

Role PM wrote:You are Mr. Skull! You are an undead symbol of chaos and destruction and have aligned yourself with history's greatest villains. Each night, you can visit someone's home to deliver good bones and calcium, as well as to eavesdrop on any host PMs that the target receives during that night. Additionally, you will conspire with your allies in the Gangster Squad to kill one player each night.

Assisting you are <player> (Big Doyle), <player> (Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson), and <player> (Black Bill Redford).

Role PM wrote:You are Doc Fesstival! You are an old country doctor who performs all the medical work in Gunshot Gulch. When players die in the morning and night, the town will call upon you to perform an autopsy and identify the exact roles of the bodies for everyone to hear. If you feel this is unsafe, you may choose to permanently retire from this role during the night on Night 2 or later(which will be anonymously announced the next morning), and you will of course be unable to perform your job if you're dead.

Your goal is to eliminate the Gangster Squad and prospector to protect the town at all costs.

Role PM wrote:You are the Time Cop! You were sent back in time from your home era of 2180 to assist the town of Gunshot Gulch in apprehending Big Doyle and his gangster cronies before they do irreparable damage to the timeline. Each night, you can inspect one player to learn their cardflip color, using the extensive knowledge you've gathered from the history books.

Your goal is to eliminate the Gangster Squad and prospector to protect the town at all costs.

Role PM wrote:You are Sheriff Westin! You are the old-fashioned law enforcer of Gunshot Gulch and are not afraid to get your hands a little dirty. You've decided to build up a posse to find and defeat Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson and his mysterious benefactor, and can reveal your role to one player each night.

Role PM wrote:You are Crazy Carl Williams! While Jonny Peterson may be The Fastest Gun in the West, you are the craziest - and you have nowhere to stay outside of Gunshot Gulch. Each night, you can shoot and kill one player. While you may be a little crazy, you still care about your fellow man and will not kill a player on the next night if you kill an innocent.

Role PM wrote:You are the One Horse in Gunshot Gulch! And you know... somehow, you might be mistaken for a human. Maybe. You can imagine yourself as walking around like a person or something. I don't know. I didn't. Each night, you can sit on one player to protect them from being nightkilled. If you are successful, the following message will be included in the phase transition message the next morning:

Protected wrote:Someone tried to kill <player> last night, but they were nowhere to be found!

You cannot sit on yourself, obviously.

Role PM wrote:You are Eric the Bartender! While you are a normal townsperson, you have quite a reputation in Gunshot Gulch for being the one everyone talks to when they're having problems. For this reason, you might be mistaken for having some special abilities among the town and you will cardflip blue if your corpse isn't identified by Doc Fesstival.

Role PM wrote:You are Lester the Kid! You're just a normal townsperson with no special abilities.

Role PM wrote:You are Timmy Claymore! You're just a normal townsperson with no special abilities.

Role PM wrote:You are Frank Strange! You're just a normal townsperson with no special abilities.

Role PM wrote:You are Vinny, the general store owner! You're just a normal townsperson with no special abilities.

Role PM wrote:You are The Texan Smoker! You're just a normal townsperson with no special abilities.

Role PM wrote:You are Barnie the Carnie! You're just a normal townsperson with no special abilities.

Role PM wrote:You are TNT Tyrone! You are a retired mercenary who used to be Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson's partner in crime before Bill Redford replaced you. You've since gone straight, but the Time Cop and most townspeople know you as their enemy, so you will cardflip red if your corpse is not identified by Doc Fesstival.

Role PM wrote:You are Ol' Ben, the Prospector! You are an elderly oil prospector and, unbeknownst to anyone else, you've been trying to get your hands on the oil under Gunshot Gulch for as long as you can remember - specifically, last Wednesday afternoon. Each night, you can kill one player with your pickaxe. Additionally, you live in a hole out in the desert that is unknown to anyone else in the town, so you will be safe from being killed at night. If someone makes an attempt on your life, the following message will be included in the phase transition message on the next morning:

Protected wrote:Someone tried to kill <you> last night, but they were nowhere to be found!

The town thinks of you as a harmless old man, your name lost to history, and only Doc Fesstival has diagnosed your obsessive tendencies, so you will cardflip green if he does not identify your corpse.

Your goal is to be the last player standing.

Players
1. King of Eterity
2. Supershroom
3. witchking666
4. ShadowStarX
5. Zeldamaster12
6. MECHDRAGON777
7. Ness-Wednesday
8. Megar
9. PixelPest
10. thehelmetguy1
11. Danny
12. Nanaya Jacob
13. Sanct
14. glitch4
15. Waddle Derp
16. Doesntpostverymuch
17. RSuperTheGreat
18. TheDinoKing432

Backups
1. practicalshorty014

Phases will shift around 8:00 PM (in Eastern Time) each day, or earlier if all required actions are performed (all ability PMs received during the night, or an insta-lynch during the day).
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

Electriking
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario World at War, Waiting for 2.0 Beta 4
Chat Username: Electriking

Re: M37: Peak Oil, 200 Years Too Soon Player Sign-ups

Postby Electriking » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Let me in
Join my Discord server here: https://discord.gg/3S64gwq

My Nientiendo Switcho Frend Coed: SW-2812-3564-4900

WARNING: Quill is in here: show

Check out Super Mario World at War. We need team members

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: Cebot

Postby Cedur » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Let's go!

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Witchking666
Yellow Yoshi Egg
Yellow Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Postby Witchking666 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Ill join, lets go.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

ShadowStarX
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ShadowStarX » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi there I'm gonna play.
Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny. - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

<Berkian> A long time ago, I decide a new SMBX project at development. I hope you like you!

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi there I'm gonna play.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:49 pm

.ni ma I
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show

Fusion best time

List of Animés I have watched.
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!

Support

Contests I am in right now
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Toad and ??? Journey

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:19 pm

I was looking up and spectating for tips and I'm ready to play.
I swear, this time I will competitively play and not rage.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!

Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?

OR

Megar
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Chat Username: Robin

Postby Megar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:44 pm

As you will.
"Our bonds give me strength!"

PixelPest
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Current Project: It's a secret for now...
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:34 pm

Sure I'll get in on this one
If you honestly don't understand how it's physically possible...

Check out a new dead SMBX Discord server; bots, media, VIP, and more: https://discord.gg/edgBUVM

Check out some cool LunaLua stuff:
Super Mario Galaxy Modder for SMBX
Walljumping

My Graphics Pack: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12472

My Levels: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16349

thehelmetguy1
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: a random smbx episode
Chat Username: Thg1

Postby thehelmetguy1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:42 pm

[Insert signup message here]
I am in
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature

Thehelmetguy1 - Today at 1:57 PM
>makegame
Amine Retrobo - Today at 1:57 PM
Super Thehelmetguy1 Mania
On 2017
One moron didn't change anything in the world
For some months he sent countless shitposts
But now
As we move forward
To discover what made Thehelmetguy1 a moron
We are coming back
Thehelmetguy1 - Today at 2:01 PM
HELMET proudly presents
In association with
Jayce Potatohead
ArcadeStriker
Retrobo games
This is where it begins
A new 69D adventure
Re-Imagined classics
New shitposts
3 users
Helmet the moron
Jayce the potato
Amine the overlord
All new shitpost madness
The ultimate celebration
Of past and future

Join my discord server!

Danny
Bowser
Bowser
Current Project: Another SMBX Adventure
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#6972

Postby Danny » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:12 pm

please let me play i worked so hard on my signup post :cry:
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
97% of my posts are shitposts.

RSupertheGreat
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: The Midnight Crisis, M&L Dimensional Shift (Not SMBX), Upcoming sequel of TMC.
Chat Username: Same but different

Postby RSupertheGreat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:44 pm

signed as a backup.
I'm probably the most shyest person ever in this forum.
Personality: show
I am a gal, hehe. And I'd sometime act serious upon reading some people's message. I might be humorous but don't try to make fun of me.
You may call me the dumb and/or the nerd but I don't recommend you calling me that unless I was actually terrible or good at something.
I have autism and ADHD. Which sometimes, I could easily get misunderstood.

Best moments on Discord: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

My Discord server is on my website profile, if you wanna know or wanna join my server.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:15 pm

RSupertheGreat wrote:signed as a backup.

Why as backup when the roster is not fully?
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show

Fusion best time

List of Animés I have watched.
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!

Support

Contests I am in right now
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

RSupertheGreat
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: The Midnight Crisis, M&L Dimensional Shift (Not SMBX), Upcoming sequel of TMC.
Chat Username: Same but different

Postby RSupertheGreat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:30 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
RSupertheGreat wrote:signed as a backup.

Why as backup when the roster is not fully?

Due to lack of my ideas/don't know what to say/too shy. I'll try to be active except when my internet connection is being raped yesterday.
Personality: show
I am a gal, hehe. And I'd sometime act serious upon reading some people's message. I might be humorous but don't try to make fun of me.
You may call me the dumb and/or the nerd but I don't recommend you calling me that unless I was actually terrible or good at something.
I have autism and ADHD. Which sometimes, I could easily get misunderstood.

Best moments on Discord: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

My Discord server is on my website profile, if you wanna know or wanna join my server.

Nanaya Jacob
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: "insert projects here"
Chat Username: Jacob or Nanaya

Postby Nanaya Jacob » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:26 am

hola
when are we play
Please call me by my name, "Jacob" or "Michael"
Nothing out of the Ordinary: show

ImageImage

I am known as Jacob, Hinata, or Nanaya Jacob on the Discord.
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: Cebot

Postby Cedur » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:50 am

RSuper, you're almost always active on both forums and chat

so if you roughly know how to play, then please play

you know where it has gone last time when you didn't play

Image Image Image Image Image Image

thehelmetguy1
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: a random smbx episode
Chat Username: Thg1

Postby thehelmetguy1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:10 am

Take a look at some mafia games, and try to see how people get leads
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature

>makegame
Amine Retrobo - Today at 1:57 PM
On 2017
One moron didn't change anything in the world
For some months he sent countless shitposts
But now
As we move forward
To discover what made Thehelmetguy1 a moron