M46 Host Sign-ups (Poll Round 2!)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.

Moderator: Game Masters

What game would you like to play for M46?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:08 pm

Werewolves vs. Skeletons - Pseudo
21%
Psychopathy Red - Witchking666
68%
Mafia of the Corn - PixelPest
11%

Total votes: 19
Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah
Current Project: ???

M46 Host Sign-ups (Poll Round 2!)

Postby Pseudo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Mafia 46

We're looking for your quality mafia hosting skills and your quality mafia games for our next game!

You've seen Mafia.
You've played Mafia.
Now, it might just be your time to host some Mafia!

Sorry to ShadowStarX, he will not be hosting.

How do I apply?
All you need to do is post your game suggestion in this topic!
However, you must have participated in at least one mafia game in order to host a game.

After you have posted, your three Game Masters, PixelPest, witchking666, and I, will edit your post and respond in green at the bottom if we approve.
If we have comments or changes that we recommend, we will edit in red.
Optional suggestions may be in yellow or orange.

Tips to Remember:
Each user may only submit one game, so choose wisely!
Your game should contain around 13-18 players.
Have about 1 mafia member for each 4-5 townies.
Your game doesn't need to be overly complex to be fun and interesting. Sometimes a good combination of roles can produce a better result.
Don't try to go overboard with the custom roles! You don't need to change the entire theme of your game for it to be interesting.

Ready for Mafia?
Think up some ideas!
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

116taj
Blooper
Blooper
Current Project: Unannouced
Chat Username: 116taj

Re: M46 Host Sign-ups

Postby 116taj » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:44 pm

M46: Third Party Terror!

-Cardflip
-Open Ballot
-17 Players

Third Parties
Serial Killer
Once per night, can kill another player. Cannot be nightkilled. Must be last standing to win.
Arsonist
Can spill gasoline onto a player's house once per night. Alternatively, can light all houses with gasoline spilled on them to kill them. Goes through protection. Must be last standing to win. Immune to nightkills.
Angel
Must make sure a random player survives the entire game. Can protect the player once during the game. Wins with arsonist/serial killer/ town.
Fool
Must get lynched to win. Steals victory at the end of the game if lynched.
Town
- Must kill all third parties
Sheriff
Can inspect a player to learn their color.
Doctor
Can protect a player from nightkills. Cannot protect himself
Vigilante
Can kill a player once per night. If he kills a blue or green, he cardflips red for the rest of the game.
Dissector
During the day, he dissects one of the dead players of his choice. He learns who they are at night.
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie

Miller
Thinks they're a townie. Immune to nightkills.
Millwright
Thinks they're a townie. Immune to nightkills.

Role PMs: show
You are the Serial Killer. Your job is to kill everyone else during the night. You are immune to nightkills because you're always out murdering someone.

You are the Arsonist. You love to burn things to the ground. Once per night you can douse a player's house or light all doused houses to burn them. Your fire is unstoppable so no matter who is in that house, it will burn down. No one ever spots you at night so you're immune to nightkills.

You are the Angel. You must protect [player] from dying no matter what role they are. You can protect them once, but you can't protect yourself. If you succeed, you will win alongside them.

You are the Fool. Your goal is to be lynched. Why? Well you just didn't know what a lynch did and wanted to find out. If you get lynched, you will steal victory from the winning parties at the end of the game.

You are the Sheriff. You can inspect a player during the night to find out their cardflip color. You win by killing all of the third parties except the angel.

You are the Doctor. You can protect a player once per night. You can't protect yourself though. You win by killing all of the third parties except the angel.

You are the Vigilante. You are the only person smart enough to make a gun in this town but you keep it to yourself. You can kill a player once during the night, but if you kill an innocent the town will lose trust in you and you will cardflip red. You win by killing all of the third parties except the angel.

You are the Dissector. You dissect people to find out who they were. It takes you all day and night to find out who they were so you get your results at the end of the night. You win by killing all of the third parties except the angel.

You are a Townsperson. Watch out though, you could be the night immune Millwright or Miller!You win by killing all of the third parties except the angel.

Changelog:
Buffed Arsonist and Serial Killer
Nerfed Town a bit
Made lots of clarifications
Added role Pm's
Nerfed Fool which indirectly nerfed Arsonist
Buffed millwright

Pseudo wrote:Oh nice, this game seems a lot more manageable now. Approved for sure.
Other GMs, look out: this is very much not a resub

Witchking666 wrote:Approved!

PixelPest wrote:Seems good. Approved
Last edited by 116taj on Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

This month: Mafia and Projects

Join Mosaic Mafia! We need one more person so we can start M3!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
Tell them 116taj sent you
https://discord.gg/AQvFtCk

Also check out Mosaic's project! It looks very good and you should join the discord!
https://discord.gg/yd9Rya4
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=16424
[url=http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=16424]

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey and Toad's SMB Adventure, Also, The Enemy's Boss Rush(yeah sure)
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:46 pm

Lets not be pessimistic, I'm going to submit my game and HOPE, that I get another chance, and don't worry, this game isn't anywhere near as over complex.
M46: Dual Threats
- 19 Players
- Double Mafia
- Mandatory Role Usage unless stated otherwise
- Mandatory Lynching
- The Slime monster was not created by me, they were created by SSX and Witchking666
- Mafia-Visit is ON

Mafia
Artist: Can at night paint themselves green or blue for a phase cycle(a day and night phase) twice in the game. This takes effect the phase AFTER they use it, which means for example if they painted themselves green night 2, they'd flip green day 2 and night 3.
Bomber: Can plant a bomb on a player once in the game during the night, if this player is lynched next day phase, the last player to vote them will die as well.
Sliencer: Can silence a player each night, not allowing them to say anything next day phase aside from "i'm slienced" or similar.

Monsters
Slime Monster: May absorb someone else into itself every night. The Slime will learn their victim’s exact role and roleblock them. Any abilities used on either the slime or its victim will be shared except for inspection. So if one of them gets killed, both die. The victim will leave the slime again when the night is over. Can only select each player once.
Basilisk: They can go alert twice in the game, anyone that visits them in this time period will die.
Werewolf: night-immune, flips green during the day and purple during the night.

Town
Mayor: Can twice in the game count every aligned to the town's votes as two for the following day phase, this will be announced.
Resucuer: Can rescue a player each night, he'll protect them and inspect them at the same time, can only select each player once. Can't protect self.
Librarian: Can read a player a long chapter book each night, roleblocking them that night and vote blocking them next day phase.
Hunter: Can kill a player each night, killing someone part of the town will make them flip red next day phase.
Graverobber: When a special dies, they'll take on their role and color will become blue, if more than one special dies in one night, they can handpick which special role they get. Can't take on the Mayor's ability.
Townsperson: No abilities, may cast a lynch vote each day phase.
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson

Former Criminal
Lycanthrope

Independent
Angel: Assigned a random player at the beginning of the game to protect, they can protect that player once in the game and self heal once as well.

Win conditions:
Mafia: Kill off all the monsters and outnumber the town
Monsters: Kill off all the mafia and outnumber the town
Town: Eliminate all the Mafia and all the Monsters
Independent: Either have their assigned player survive to the end of the game or alternately be the last player standing.

Extra Notes: show
- A Kill attempt failing due to nightkill immunity will NOT be announced.
- A kill attempt failing because of a heal WILL be announced.
- The Rescuer and Angel's heal messages are indistinguishable.
- If the Mayor dies the same night they use their ability, it'll still go through.
- If the Artist uses their ability and happens to die the same night, they will flip red upon death.
- If the Slime Monster is targeted by the Librarian, only they will be roleblocked and voteblocked as they couldn't absorb their victim to begin with.
- The Basilisk can only only be voteblocked by the Librarian if their targeted a night they didn't use an alert.
- The following roles AREN'T REQUIRED to use their ability; (Artist, Bomber, Basilisk, Mayor, Hunter, Angel)
- If the Graverobber dies the same night another special does, they'll still come up purple.
- Incase the entire town is gone and only the Mafia and Monsters remain, the one with more members will win, if it's the same, it'll end as a draw and town loses.
- If the Angel along with one of the mafias is the last one standing, the mafia wins if it has more members, but it'll end on a draw if that mafia had only one member left.

Pseudo wrote:Mayor and Secretary together seem VERY strong. I would reduce the mayor's ability to once per game, and/or remove contact with the secretary (probably just replace the secretary with a normal townie).
The rest of the game seems pretty good.

OK, approved. The town seems pretty strong still but they'll probably need it with the large amount of opposition.

Witchking666 wrote:Looks good,
approved!

PixelPest wrote:Interesting concept. Approved
Last edited by Mosaic on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

RIP MAFIA, if you still want to play it, then join here --> http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

My Level Thread

My Projects

It also has a discord server! -> https://discord.gg/XGwG2AK

Contests: show
Contests i'm currently in
TTK's Mountain Level Contest: Level Finished
TTK's Sky Level Contest: Level Finished
Restricted Contest 2: Not Started

Contests I've previously joined
Community Contest 13: 30th Place
Water Level Contest Placed 1st
Community Contest 12 Placed 39th
Underground Level Contest Level Placed 5th
SVLC 2 Placed 7th
Snow Level Contest Level Placed 5th
and more...

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.

Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Mafia 46: Werewolves vs. Skeletons
Format: Cardflip - 16 Players

Werewolves
Skeletal Wolf
The Wolf of Wall Street: Once throughout the whole game, he can double the werewolves' stock prices, causing their lynch votes to count double for the next day only.
Werewolf
Werewolf

Skeletons
Smart Skeleton: He's got a bone to pick with these werewolves. Can inspect one player each night to learn their cardflip color.
Skeleton Trumpeter: Can send one player good bones and calcium each night to prevent them from being night killed. Can't protect self.
Super Spooky Skeleton: All skeletons are spooky, but especially this one. Can spook one player so hard each night that they die of fright.
Sneaky Skeleton: Can send a secret, anonymous message to another player each night (via the host).
Regular old skeleton
Regular old skeleton
Regular old skeleton
Regular old skeleton
Regular old skeleton
Regular old skeleton
Lycanthropic Skeleton: Thinks they're a normal skeleton.

Rogue Wolf: Immune to night kills. On even-numbered nights, he can maul one player, killing that player and anyone else visiting that player, ignoring any kind of protection on any of them. He may also go on alert instead of mauling someone, killing anyone who visits him. Cardflips green on odd-numbered nights and days. Wins by being the last player standing.

- The lowest-ranked werewolf carries out the Werewolves' nightly kills, for the purposes of visitation.
- If a nightkill is prevented for any reason, it will be mentioned that an attempt was made on the saved player's life.

Role PMs
Spoiler: show
You are the Skeletal Wolf! You're a werewolf, but also a skeleton, so you cardflip green. You will conspire with the other werewolves, <player> (the Wolf of Wall Street), <player>, and <player> to kill one player each night.

You are The Wolf of Wall Street! You're so mad about not winning an Oscar that you're taking your revenge out on innocent skeletons. Once throughout the whole game, you can double the werewolves' stock prices, causing your team's lynch votes to count twice as much as normal for the next day only. Additionally, you will conspire with the other werewolves, <player> (the Skeletal Wolf>, <player>, and <player> to kill one player each night.

You are a Werewolf! You turn into a wolf at night and kill people. You will conspire with the other werewolves, <player> (the Skeletal Wolf),
<player> (the Wolf of Wall Street), and <player> to kill one player each night.

You are the Smart Skeleton! You probably wear glasses or something, unlike the other skeletons, and you're smart enough to realize that the werewolves can't be trusted Each night, you can inspect one player to learn their cardflip color.

You are the Skeleton Trumpter! You probably shouldn't be in the game, since you're a pretty dead meme at this point. Well, it's OK. Each night, you can visit someone's house to deliver good bones and calcium, and prevent the target from being night killed. You already have all the calcium you need, so you can't protect yourself.

You are the Super Spooky Skeleton! Even among skeletons, you're spooky. You're probably a vampire skeleton, or the ghost of a skeleton, or something. Either way, you can visit one player each night to spook them and make them die of fright.

You are the Sneaky Skeleton! You sneak around behind the scenes, delivering not good bones and calcium but information. You can visit one player each night to deliver them a secret, anonymous text-based message.

You are a regular old skeleton! You're an average, run of the mill, but still spooky skeleton.

You might suffer from lycanthropy, but you can't say for sure.

You are the Rogue Wolf! You turn into a wolf at night and kill people, but only every other night, and those other werewolves never let poor you play in their werewolf games as a kid because of it. On even-numbered nights, you can maul one player, killing them as well as anyone visiting them. You may also choose to go on alert instead, killing anyone who visits you. On odd-numbered nights and days, you're just a regular person and you cardflip green. You're always immune to night kills, regardless of the number of the night. You win by being the last player standing.

Witchking666 wrote:Spooky Scary Skeletons Approved.

PixelPest wrote:These roles are killer. Approved
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

Witchking666
Yellow Yoshi Egg
Yellow Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Postby Witchking666 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:58 pm

20 players:

Long ago, a mental institution opened its doors. It was dubbed “Clearwater Psychiatric Hospital for the criminally insane” and became known as one of the best mental institutions across the land. However, as time passed away, so did the staff. And with every generation of staff the good intentions slowly decayed and the mental hospital went downhill. The current director of Clearwater is an outright danger to the patients. He uses them to test experimental drugs not yet approved for human trials. The rest of Clearwater’s staff did all they could to make life better for the patients. But when four patients, all convicted serial killers, started killing people during the night, The staff was forced to execute patients in order to save their own life. Meanwhile, the director has gone completely insane. He is running out of patients and started testing the drugs on his own employee's. His sick drive to "cure" mental illness might get everyone killed.

Serial Killers:
-Sociopath: As a sufferer of Antisocial Personality disorder, the Sociopath had to fake certain social traits to function in society. They may visit a player every day to copy their behavior. Doing so will make them cardflip the same colour as their target until the next day phase. If they don't use their ability, they will cardflip red.
-Stalker: This person developed a sick obsession with his victims before they killed them. The stalker can inspect someone every night to learn their cardflip colour.
-Meatshield: A person who has lost all signs of advanced intelligence after one of the director's experiments went wrong. May protect someone twice throughout the game. If anyone attempts to kill this player, the meatshield dies instead and takes the attacker down with him.
-Insane Alter-Ego: A split-personality within a person suffering of Dissociative Identity Disorder. May roleblock someone every night. Since they are both technically the same human, the death of one alter ego automatically kills the other.

Staff:
-Psychiatrist: May inspect someone every night, learning their cardflip colour.
-Medic: Responsible for the patients’ medication. Every night, they can either protect someone from death or give someone a lethal injection.
-Therapist: May put someone through therapy every night to roleblock them.
-Mortician: May examine a deceased player every night to learn their exact role.
-Caretaker: May visit a player each night. If someone attacks the player, the caretaker will die instead.
-Employee: Nothing special, can cast a lynch vote.
-Employee:
-Employee:
-Employee:
-Employee:
-Employee:
-Employee:
-Employee:
-Chef: The man in charge of cooking for the asylum's residents. Frequent contact with meat and knives makes people suspect him. Doesn't know he is the chef.
-Sane Alter-Ego: A split-personality within a person suffering of Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thinks they are an Employee. Since they are both technically the same human, the death of one alter ego automatically kills the other.

Third Party.
-Director: The leader of Clearwater Psychiatric Hospital might be even more insane than all of his patients. The Director can kill someone every night using experimental drugs, they cannot be nightkilled. They may also choose to sacrifice their immunity for a second kill twice throughout the game. They cannot do this on night 1 and they will regain their immunity the night after making a second kill.

Additional Information:: show
* Mafia-Visit is on due to the caretaker (bodyguard)
* All ability usage is optional.
* Lynching is mandatory.
* The mafia's faction kill is optional.
* If a kill attempt fails due to protection, the public will be notified."
* If a kill attempt fails due to immunity, the public will not be notified.
* Cardflip
* Lynching is possible in this game.

Role-specific information:: show
*The sociopath's disguises have effect during the night and day after they were taken. So, for example: If they use their ability on a green during day 1, they will cardflip green during Night 2 and day 2.
* The Alter-Egos are both played by a different player and are not aware of each other’s identity.
* The Meatshield can't self-protect.
* The Psychiatrist's exact role-inspection ability reveals all roles, even self-unaware ones.
* The Medic can't self-protect.
* The Caretaker can't self-protect.

Yep, it's that game again.

Pseudo wrote:Resub

PixelPest wrote:Resubmission
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

xDestroy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: Mario's Quest
Chat Username: Eric

Postby xDestroy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:30 pm

M46: Winter Edition

-18 players
-Open Ballot
-Cardflip
-Moves are automatically only be used at night (unless specified that they can be used anytime)

Team Mafia
Shape Shifter - Can cardflip into any colour they want for one night and one day and can be used each night and following day.
Snow Baller - Can throw a snowball at someone roleblockling them (can be used every night)
Time Stopper- Can choose to skip the next day phase during the Night (can only be used once)
Sabotager Can make someones vote count as 0 for 1 day for the following day.

Team Town

Santa Claus- Can inspect a players colour each night.
Assisstint- Does not have contact with the Santa Claus but becomes the Santa Claus when Santa Claus is dead.
Doctor- Can Heal one player each night but can not heal themselves
Nurse- Does not have contact with the doctor and becomes the doctor when the doctor is dead.
Protective Snowman- Can kill someone every night, if they kill a town, they will cardflip red.
Shovel'er- Can inspect someone dead every night to find what role they are each night
Double Voter There vote counts as two votes automatically
Snowman - can cast a lynch vote
Snowman
Snowman
Snowman

Dark Snowman- Thinks he's a normal snowman
Peed On Snowman - Thinks he's a normal snowman

Team Sun

Sun - Can Kill each night, paint himself into a different colour each night, such as red, blue, or green and it lasts for 1 day and 1 night (can be used any night), and is immune to night kills automatically.

The mafia must win by:
Getting rid of the Sun and outnumbering or have the same number as the town
The tow must win by:Getting rid of the sun and getting rid of the mafia
The sun must win by:Being one of the last 4 players in the game

Pseudo wrote:Assistant is obviously supposed to become Santa Claus, not the detective, but please clarify
Please clarify the Sun's painting mechanics. How many times can he paint himself? Is it permanent?
I don't think I understand the Time Stopper's power. Does it end phases early? If so that's crazy strong (but an acceptable ability if you, the host, are on regularly) and needs to be limited to once per game or similar.
Please clarify the Sabotager's powers. Do they only last for one day, or the whole game?

Edit: Mostly looks good now,
But are the Sun's painting powers limited in some way, or can it paint itself every night? Just would like to clarify.

Edit: approved

PixelPest wrote:Needs some specifying:
  • The Shape Shifter's ability is explained in a really confusing way. Do they choose the colour they'll flip each Night? Do they choose a role (bad idea)? A player (also a bad idea)?
  • When does the Snow Baller use their ability and how often can they use it?
  • The Time Stopper's ability is confusing. Can they stop time at Day or Night?
  • Sabotager needs the same clarifications as the Snow Baller.
  • What does the Shovel'er find out about the player? Role, colour, or alignment?
  • You also should specify the colours the Sun can choose to paint themselves.
In addition to these things the Time Stopper's ability is super OP in general and would be very confusing in terms of gameplay and not work very well. Also the Shovel'er should not be able to use their ability during the Day and the Night. The Doctor being able to heal during the Day, which I assume involves preventing Lynches, is not a good mechanic either.
Much better now!

Witcking666 wrote:Looks alright,
I'm approving it.
Last edited by xDestroy on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 15 times in total.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature

"Best Quotes from SMBX": show
Nien wrote:oh wow someone posted a webcomic in the art board oh wow it's garbage who would've thought

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Subject: M32 - Host Sign-ups (Poll now available)

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Mafia: Gensokian Mafia

Lore: Everyone in the town has decided it would be a great idea to Cosplay as different Touhou characters, yet when they got the the castle, they were locked in and were given abilities equivalent to the character they chose to Cosplay as.

Mechanics:
  • Mystery.
  • 15 Players.
  • Pseudo-Faction.
  • Karma.
  • Screenshots permitted.
  • Expected to fake your role claim.
  • Newspaper.
  • Night-->Dawn-->Day-->Twilight

Example Role PM:
This is not a role from this game
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:You have decided to cosplay as Flandre Scarlet. You can use your destructive ability to kill one person per night. Watch and do not kill your sister, <player> or you may lose your own head.Your goal is to take out the Shrine Maiden and her Cohearts. Your team mates are <Player>, <Player>, and <Player>.

Not required, but expected:
  • When speaking to someone, try to use "She" instead of "He", "They" or any other singular pronouns. It makes the lore make since since you do not know who anyone is, and all characters being roleplayed as are female. This is not required by any means, but it is just expected considering the lore.

Witchking666 wrote:Disqualified.
You are not allowed to host a mystery game since you never finished hosting a game on smbx mafia before.
Submit something else please.
Last edited by MECHDRAGON777 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show

Fusion best time

List of Animés I have watched.
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!

Support

Contests I am in right now
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey and Toad's SMB Adventure, Also, The Enemy's Boss Rush(yeah sure)
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:21 pm

I'm considering wrighting roller 6:00 PMs right now but i'm not sure.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

RIP MAFIA, if you still want to play it, then join here --> http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

My Level Thread

My Projects

It also has a discord server! -> https://discord.gg/XGwG2AK

Contests: show
Contests i'm currently in
TTK's Mountain Level Contest: Level Finished
TTK's Sky Level Contest: Level Finished
Restricted Contest 2: Not Started

Contests I've previously joined
Community Contest 13: 30th Place
Water Level Contest Placed 1st
Community Contest 12 Placed 39th
Underground Level Contest Level Placed 5th
SVLC 2 Placed 7th
Snow Level Contest Level Placed 5th
and more...

Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

xDestroy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby xDestroy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:05 pm

xDestroy wrote:M46: Winter Edition

-18 players
-Open Ballot
-Cardflip
-Moves can only be used at night (unless specified that they can be used anytime)

Team Mafia
Shape Shifter - Can cardflip into any player (but not know what type they are) every day,
Snow Baller - Can throw a snowball at someone roleblockling them
Time Stopper- Can stop time, if they message me saying "Time", any votes past that time don't count and the next day/night starts, only can be used 2 times (can be used day time)
Sabotager Can make someones vote count as 0 for 1 day

Team Town

Santa Claus- Can inspect a players colour
Assisstint- Does not have contact with the Santa Claus but becomes the Santa Claus when Santa Claus is dead
Doctor- Can Heal one player and can not heal themselves (can be used in the day)
Nurse- Does not have contact with the doctor and becomes the doctor when the doctor is dead (can be used during he day)
Protective Snowman- Can kill someone everyday/every night, if they kill a town, they will cardflip red
Double Voter There vote counts as two votes
Shovel'er- Can inspect someone dead everyday/every night to find what they are (can be used during the day)
Snowman
Snowman
Snowman
Snowman

Dark Snowman- Thinks he's a normal snowman
Peed On Snowman - Thinks he's a normal snowman

Team Sun

Sun - Can Kill, paint himself into a different colour for 1 night, and is immune to night kills.

The mafia must win by:
Getting rid of the Sun and outnumbering or have the same number as the town
The tow must win by:Getting rid of the sun and getting rid of the mafia
The sun must win by:Being one of the last 4 players in the game

Pseudo wrote:Assistant is obviously supposed to become Santa Claus, not the detective, but please clarify
Please clarify the Sun's painting mechanics. How many times can he paint himself? Is it permanent?
I don't think I understand the Time Stopper's power. Does it end phases early? If so that's crazy strong (but an acceptable ability if you, the host, are on regularly) and needs to be limited to once per game or similar.
Please clarify the Sabotager's powers. Do they only last for one day, or the whole game?

Updated
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature

Nien wrote:oh wow someone posted a webcomic in the art board oh wow it's garbage who would've thought

Danny
Bowser
Bowser
Current Project: Another SMBX Adventure
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#6972

Postby Danny » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:59 am

M46: Big Trouble in Little Mafia Town
18 players
Roleflip

None of the Mafia members know each other, so they must rely on their inspection ability to find their teammates.

-MAFIA-
Gunslinger: Each night, can attempt to kill a target. Can inspect a player each night, learning their color, this can be made in addition to the kill.
Mafioso: Can inspect a player each night, learning their color. If the Gunslinger dies, they find the gun and become the Gunslinger.
Mafioso
Mafioso
Mafioso

-TOWN-
Sheriff: Can inspect a player each night, learning their color.
Doctor: Can protect a player each night, preventing them from being killed.
Vigilante: Each night, can attempt to kill a target. If they kill an innocent, they are silenced during the day.
Graduate: When the Sheriff, Doctor, or Vigilante dies, it becomes that role.
Politician: Votes count as double.
Townie: A regular townie.
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Troublemaker: Doesn't know that they're the Troublemaker.
Troublemaker

-Clarification-
-When the Gunslinger dies and the other Mafioso are still alive, it is randomly determined which Mafioso will become the Gunslinger.
-If two of the three special roles die at the same time and the Graduate is still alive, the Graduate gets to choose which role they wish to become.

Witchking666 wrote:Oh cool, approved!

PixelPest wrote:Loving this concept. Approved

Pseudo wrote:I'm a fan, this game definitely benefits from the larger mafia IMO
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

Warlock
Current Project: Don't have one. At least not yet.
Chat Username: Warlock

Postby Warlock » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:26 am

The other Encelot-based Mafia game I made.

M45+ - The Burdens of Encelot
18 Players - Cardflip
Killing is mandatory.
Lynching is mandatory.

The village of Encelot was never a peaceful village. The King and Queen of the kingdom rule over Encelot with an iron fist, slaughtering those who stand in his way and disagree with his virtues. The Townspeople have had enough and have bound together in an attempt to rid Encelot of the scum in charge. In light of the conflict, a band of Assassins from a neighbouring kingdom have joined the fray, in an attempt to overthrow the monarchy and take the kingdom for themselves. Who shall fall? And who shall reign supreme?

The Assassins

The Assassins win if they outnumber all townsfolk, and kill all royals. They are in contact with each other.

Hitman: Collaboratively chooses one person to kill each night. Cardflips green on inspection and upon death, or red if lynched.
Veteran: Collaboratively chooses one person to kill each night. Can also choose to hide the village in fog for a night and day once per game. People killed or lynched during that time will cardflip black.
Assassin: Collaboratively chooses one person to kill each night.

The Royals

The Royals win once all Assassins are dead and they outnumber the Townsfolk. They are in contact with each other.

The King: During the night, the King chooses one person to execute. That person is killed on the spot. Lynching continues as usual after the execution.
The Queen: Can choose a person each night to learn their alignment.
The Prince: Takes the place of the King upon death.

The Townsfolk

The Townsfolk win once all of the Assassins and Royals are dead.

Adversary: Can choose a player during the night to discover their alignment.
Soldier: Chooses someone at night. When the Soldier is lynched, he draws out his sword and kills that person.
Priest: Can choose someone to heal during the night. That person is immune to nightkills for the night. Can self-heal once per game.
Guard: Can choose someone at night to discover who visited them that night.
Peasant: Has no special abilities. Chooses one person to lynch each day.
Imbecile: Thinks he's a Peasant. Always cardflips red.
Mouthpiece: Thinks he's a Peasant. Always cardflips purple.

Role PMs:
You are the Hitman! You are brilliant at disguising yourself as an innocent peasant, so much so that people aren't suspicious of you at all! Work with the other Assassins to find the Royals and kill them!

Your fellow Assassins are...

You are the Veteran! You are a master of disguise and can shroud the entire village with thick fog once per night. Work with the other Assassins to find the Royals and kill them!

You are the Assassin! Work with your teammates to find the Royals and kill them!

You are the King! During the day you can choose someone to execute. Be careful however - if you kill an innocent townsperson by mistake, the Assassins take note of your identity, and the secrecy that once protected you shall be blown swiftly away.

Your Queen is...
Your Prince is...

You are the Queen! During the night you can choose one of your "loyal subjects" to care for for the night.
By the morning, you know everything about them.

Your King is...
Your Prince is...

You are the Prince! You don't have any special abilities, but you are the heir to the throne. When the King dies, you shall ascend to the throne and take his place! Work with your fellow Royals and your people to restore order to the village of Encelot!

Your King is...
Your Queen is...

You are the Adversary! During the night you can expect somebody and find out their alignment! Work with the Royals and the Townsfolk to kill the Assassins!

You are the Soldier! You were once a trusted member of your society, who is ready to win whatever the cost. At night, you can choose someone. If you're lynched the next day, you unsheathe your sword and kill them as the rope around your neck tightens.

You are the Priest! During the night you can choose to heal someone - that person can't be killed that night. The Royals don't like to be pestered by you - they shall only tolerate your presence once.

You are the Guard! You patrol the village at night, looking for anything you may find suspicious. Choose someone at night, you never know! You may find something out of the ordinary...

You are a Peasant! You could be an Imbecile or a Mouthpiece, but you aren't sure. Work with the Royals and your fellow Townsfolk to purge Encelot of the assassins!

Witchking666 wrote:Looks great now,
approved!

PixelPest wrote:For Encelot!

...Again!

Pseudo wrote:I like double mafia
Last edited by Warlock on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
Hey there! I'm just a normal lad. Nothing special about me, I promise. ;)

"I'm not sure if you need serious help, are an idiot, came here to troll, or all three at once. I'm gonna guess all three at once."

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: SM63/LL graphics pack (maaaybe)
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Postby Cedur » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:52 am

M46: Disco Inferno!

Format: cardflip, 17 players, arsonists vs town

The Arsonists

They don't know each other, but they still win together if at least one of them makes it until the end.

All Arsonists can either douse a player with gasoline at night, or ignite all doused players, including those ignited by other arsonists (which can end up with an arsonist burning himself!). An arsonist can also target himself at night to clean themselves from gasoline if they have some. Cleaning goes into immediate effect, i.e. if you clean yourself the same night when someone ignites, you still survive. Dousing does not go into immediate effect, i.e. if someone is doused, they can only be ignited on subsequent nights.

Nobody will know about getting doused, upon a few exceptions (firefighter, pyro expert, sensitive arsonist).

Smart Arsonist: can additionally learn if the person they doused is an arsonist or not.
Sly Arsonist: anyone they're dousing will cardflip orange upon the sheriff's inspection.
Sensitive Arsonist: will know about getting doused by another arsonist.

The Townsfolk

Firefighter: will know about getting doused, can protect someone else from ignition, as well as protecting everyone who visits the same person as the firefighter. Alternatively, once in the game, he can try to protect self and nominate a volunteer firefighter simultaneously. If they find a townie, he'll make them a VF and the VF becomes the new firefighter if the firefighter dies.
Sheriff: investigates a player at night. The first townsperson investigated by them will become a deputy (becoming the sheriff once the sheriff dies).
Lookout: watches someone at night to see who visits them. ("player A was visited by B, C ...")
Pyrotechnics Expert: can visit someone every night to clean them. Will be notified about getting doused himself, and can clean self once in the game. His knowledge makes him appear suspicious though.
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson

Extra note: If the firefighter and sheriff get the same townsperson as their successor (pretty unlikely obvsly), then the second green person inspected by the sheriff will become deputy.

Witchking666 wrote:Resubmission, and an awesome one at that. Approved!

Mafia has been closed here, but we try to keep it living at MosaicMafia! New players are looked for right NOW!

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

thehelmetguy1
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: The Great Empire 69, The Invasion 420, Apocalypse of Foroze 1337
Chat Username: Thg1

Postby thehelmetguy1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:10 pm

also i decided to change cop and detective
M??: Undead Chaos
16 players, cardflip
The Necromancer and the Undead
This team will begin with only the necromancer, and wins by outnumbering or equalling the town. This team has one kill each night
Necromancer: Controls the undead. If the necromancer has converted less than three people, he may then choose to target a player and turn them into a Zombie, Skeleton Warrior, or Ghoul. The necromancer's team may not have more than one of the same undead(2 Zombies are not allowed for example). Cannot be nightkilled and cannot target himself. If inspected on night 1, they will cardflip green. If the Necromancer doesn't convert anyone, a random target will be chosen unless three people were already converted.
Zombie: If the zombie is nightkilled or lynched, they will kill the person that killed them(Nightkill) or the last person that voted for them(Lynch). The zombie still dies.
Skeleton Mage: A skeleton that knows how to cast spells. Made a barrier that can protect themselves from nightkills. Can once in the game permanently give up on the nightkill immunity and kill someone.
Ghoul: May do one of the following each night:
-Sneak on a player and attack them, silencing the target.
-Scare a player, making them paranoid, where they will refuse to cooperate with anyone, making abilities from the town not have any effect on the target for one night.
The Town
Wins by completely destroying the Undead
Priest: May protect a player from mafia abilities and from becoming undead each night. Cannot become undead, but isn't immune to nightkills. Can't target themselves.
Jailer: Can target a player each night, roleblocking them and protecting them from nightkills, but cannot save the player if they would become an undead. Can't target themselves
Cop: Has a kill each night. If the cop kills an innocent, they cardflip red for one night
Detective: Can interview a player each night, and find out their color. May once in the game find a player's role, but this will lead the detective to lose their ability for 1 night.
Burocratic Doctor: Twice in the game, can make it so that all the players killed in the current phase roleflip instead of cardflip.
Townie: Normal townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Light spirit: Cannot be nightkilled, and cannot become an undead, since he is already one. Due to being a ghost, people don't trust him, so he will cardflip red. Thinks they are a normal townie.
Mason: In contact with the other Mason
Mason: In contact with the other Mason
Witchking666 wrote:Essentially a resub.

Pseudo wrote:Seems good

Join my discord server!

Warlock
Current Project: Don't have one. At least not yet.
Chat Username: Warlock

Postby Warlock » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Witchking666 wrote:The Royals make the town stupidly overpowered. As soon as the King gets revealed the town will have a safe person to claim to so they can start an alliance. The fact that they are essentially a set of four town sided people with abilities and contact is just straight-up rediculous. I don't see any way to make the royals fair in their current form. I suggest removing them altogether or changing them into a second semi-scum faction that wins if all specials are dead except for themselves. The king's reveal should be removed no matter what as it gives the town an unfair advantage and reduces the assassin's chances of winning to almost none.

Updated the submission with a few changes.
Hey there! I'm just a normal lad. Nothing special about me, I promise. ;)

"I'm not sure if you need serious help, are an idiot, came here to troll, or all three at once. I'm gonna guess all three at once."

xDestroy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby xDestroy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:30 pm

PixelPest wrote:Needs some specifying:
  • The Shape Shifter's ability is explained in a really confusing way. Do they choose the colour they'll flip each Night? Do they choose a role (bad idea)? A player (also a bad idea)?
  • When does the Snow Baller use their ability and how often can they use it?
  • The Time Stopper's ability is confusing. Can they stop time at Day or Night?
  • Sabotager needs the same clarifications as the Snow Baller.
  • What does the Shovel'er find out about the player? Role, colour, or alignment?
  • You also should specify the colours the Sun can choose to paint themselves.
In addition to these things the Time Stopper's ability is super OP in general and would be very confusing in terms of gameplay and not work very well. Also the Shovel'er should not be able to use their ability during the Day and the Night. The Doctor being able to heal during the Day, which I assume involves preventing Lynches, is not a good mechanic either

Updated

Paper
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Blegh

Postby Paper » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:33 pm

M45: A Faction Game, but every time a faction gets a kill they get a bonus

Gameplay:
  • 16 Players
  • Ballot box lynching; Players vote on who to lynch each day in secret via PMing the host
  • Roleflip on death (roles include kill immunities), colorflip on inspection
  • Death Bonuses: When a faction scores a kill, they will gain bonuses. Bonuses increase as the faction gains more kills.
  • Nobody knows who anybody else is unless otherwise specified
  • Despite the previous bullet, each faction (except the last faction, more on that later) votes on a person to kill each night. These votes are handled similar to the lynch vote (ie Ballot Box). If a faction accidentally kills one of their own, they cannot vote for a kill the next night.
  • Factions win when they are the last players standing (except for the One-Man-Team, see its section for more info).
  • Deaths, attempts on players' lives, and conversions (mentioned later) will be announced each day, though the names of people who are converted will NOT be revealed, only the number.
  • A random player from each faction will be assigned to choose a real name for the faction. Blame them if your faction's name is terrible. Names are announced when all names have been decided upon.

Factions:
THE RED FACTION
The Red Faction consists of the following:
Role-Blocker: Can choose a player to role-block each night
Member: Does nothing other than vote on who to kill each night
The Red Faction will receive these bonuses based on how many kills they've scored:
1 kill: A random member* becomes a Doublevoter (vote in both lynching and nightkilling counts twice)
2 kills: A random member* becomes Lynch-Immune
3 kills: A random member* to become Nightkill-immune
4 kills: The Role-Blocker becomes Nightkill-Immune
5 kills: All living members of the faction are revealed to each other
*Can neither be the Role-Blocker nor someone who has already received an ability

THE GREEN FACTION
The Green Faction consists of the following:
Sheriff: Can choose a player to inspect each night, revealing their color
The Green Faction will receive these bonuses based on how many kills they've scored:
1 kill: A random member* becomes a Doublevoter (vote in both lynching and nightkilling counts twice)
2 kills: A random member* gets to become the Deputy, ie will inherit the Sheriff's role if the Sheriff dies
3 kills: The Sheriff's/Deputy's inspections will now reveal roles
4 kills: A random member* gets to become Nightkill-Immune
*Can neither be the Sheriff nor someone who has already received an ability

THE BLUE FACTION
The Blue Faction consists of the following:
Doctor: Can save a player from death each night
Nurse: Will inherit the Doctor's role if the Doctor dies
The Blue Faction will receive these bonuses based on how many kills they've scored:
1 kill: A random member* becomes a Doublevoter (vote in both lynching and nightkilling counts thrice)
2 kills: A random member* gains the ability to make an additional kill (will be labeled as a Vigilante). Loses ability permanently if they kill one of their own.
3 kills: The Nurse is promoted directly to Doctor without the original Doctor having to die
4 kills: A random member* gets to become Nightkill-Immune
*Can neither be a Doctor, nor the Nurse, nor someone who has already received an ability

ALSO: Doctors can only protect themselves for one night the entire game, and cannot protect each other (if there's 2).

THE SPECIAL ONE-MAN FACTION
The Special One-Man Faction starts by consisting only of the:
Cult Leader: Cannot kill players on his own, but has the following abilities:
  • Nightkill-immunity
  • Has the ability to permanently turn a player of his choice to his side each even numbered night (but only if the chosen player is NOT performing an action that night), placing them in contact with all other members of the Cult (and the Leader, of course), and changing their color to orange. Converted players will still retain contact with their old faction, and it will not be revealed to their old faction that they've been converted, HOWEVER:
    • The converted player's votes (within their old faction) will not count
    • The converted player will not be able to receive bonuses from their old faction (but this won't be revealed to their old faction either, ie if they choose a converted player to receive a bonus, it won't do anything, but it'll be wasted)
    • The converted player will also lose any bonuses and/or roles they once had
  • Unlike the other factions, this team wins when over 50% of the surviving players have been converted (including the Cult Leader himself).

ALSO: If the Cult Leader dies, this faction loses, and all those who were converted are returned to their original faction.

Witchking666 wrote: Resubmission, approved! Please don't copy any old reviews next time though.

Sanct
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Betterified World

Postby Sanct » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:29 pm

why a faction game, don't do this to me.
"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:12 pm

Witchking666 wrote:Disqualified.
You are not allowed to host a mystery game since you never finished hosting a game on smbx mafia before.
Submit something else please.
[/quote]
I guess I should look at what I copy and paste next time, but I thought I hosted M6 and M15...
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show

Fusion best time

List of Animés I have watched.
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!

Support

Contests I am in right now
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

Danny
Bowser
Bowser
Current Project: Another SMBX Adventure
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#6972

Postby Danny » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:31 am

To be fair I don't think wording it as "disqualified" really helps matters. Pretty easy miscommunication.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: SM63/LL graphics pack (maaaybe)
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Postby Cedur » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:09 am

Hostings on EcstasyData's server don't count here.

Mafia has been closed here, but we try to keep it living at MosaicMafia! New players are looked for right NOW!

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

Return to “Mafia”