M46 Psychopathy Red, Postgame!

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

M46 Psychopathy Red, Postgame!

Postby Witchking666 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:00 pm

I really enjoyed hosting this game even though it was fairly inactive at times. IMO the alter ego's killing each other is the perfect, crazy ending for this mentally deranged game.

The Town Wins.

17 players:

Long ago, a mental institution opened its doors. It was dubbed “Clearwater Psychiatric Hospital for the criminally insane” and became known as one of the best mental institutions across the land. However, as time passed away, so did the staff. And with every generation of staff the good intentions slowly decayed and the mental hospital went downhill. The current director of Clearwater is an outright danger to the patients. He uses them to test experimental drugs not yet approved for human trials. The rest of Clearwater’s staff did all they could to make6 life better for the patients. But when four patients, all convicted serial killers, started killing people during the night, The staff was forced to execute patients in order to save their own life. Meanwhile, the director has gone completely insane. He is running out of patients and started testing the drugs on his own employee's. His sick drive to "cure" mental illness might get everyone killed.

Serial Killers:
-Sociopath: As a sufferer of Antisocial Personality disorder, the Sociopath had to fake certain social traits to function in society. They may visit a player every day to copy their behavior. Doing so will make them cardflip the same colour as their target until the next day phase. If they don't use their ability, they will cardflip red.
-Stalker: This person developed a sick obsession with his victims before they killed them. The stalker can inspect someone every night to learn their cardflip colour.
-Insane Alter-Ego: A split-personality within a person suffering of Dissociative Identity Disorder. May roleblock someone every night. Since they are both technically the same human, the death of one alter ego automatically kills the other.

Staff:
-Psychiatrist: May inspect someone every night, learning their cardflip colour.
-Medic: Responsible for the patients’ medication. Every night, they can either protect someone from death or give someone a lethal injection.
-Therapist: May put someone through therapy every night to roleblock them.
-Mortician: May examine a deceased player every night to learn their exact role.
-Employee: Nothing special, can cast a lynch vote.
-Employee:
-Employee:
-Employee:
-Employee:
-Employee:
-Employee:
-Chef: The man in charge of cooking for the asylum's residents. Frequent contact with meat and knives makes people suspect him. Doesn't know he is the chef.
-Sane Alter-Ego: A split-personality within a person suffering of Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thinks they are an Employee. Since they are both technically the same human, the death of one alter ego automatically kills the other.

Third Party.
-Director: The leader of Clearwater Psychiatric Hospital might be even more insane than all of his patients. The Director can kill someone every night using experimental drugs, they cannot be nightkilled. They may also choose to sacrifice their immunity for a second kill twice throughout the game. They cannot do this on night 1 and they will regain their immunity the night after making a second kill.
Role PMs: show
Witchking666 wrote:You are the Sociopath!
Before you were caught and locked up in a mental asylum you were one of the most effective serial killers of your time. Your lack of emotions allowed you to observe other people from an objective point of view. This taught you how to mimic social interactions and made you a master of manipulation. You used this to win the respect and trust of your victims so you could lure them home and kill them easily. As soon as you first stepped foot into the hospital for the criminally insane you knew you wanted to break out. You are aware that the director is performing rather inhumane experiments on your fellow patients and you used this information to convince three other inmates to attempt a breakout. You may mimic a person’s social interaction to adapt their cardflip colour until the next day phase.
Your teammates are (stalker), and (insane alter-ego)
Witchking666 wrote:You are the Stalker!
At one point in your life you had a crush on someone and you developed a sick obsession with this person. You stalked them for a while and you were convinced that you could get them to love you. When they called the police you felt betrayed and you snapped on your once-loved victim. You killed them and somehow got away with it. You did this to two more people before you were taken in as a patient of a mental hospital. The director of Clearwater did many horrible things to you so when the Sociopath come up with a plan to escape you were more than happy to join in and accept the offer. You may stalk a player every night to find out their cardflip colour.
Your teammates are (Sociopath) and (insane alter-ego).
Witchking666 wrote:You are the insane alter-ego!
As a sufferer of Dissociative Identity Disorder you have several personalities that alternate between one another. You don’t know anything about your other selves. You are the reason that you were locked up since your personality is very dangerous and unstable. You murdered your entire family during a Halloween dinner using a homemade bomb you detonated in a jack ‘o’ lantern. This event got you to be locked up in a facility for the criminally insane. You may frighten someone every night to roleblock them. If you die, the other alter-ego dies aswell since you are one and the same person.
Your teammates are (Stalker) and (Sociopath)
Witchking666 wrote:You are the Psychiatrist!
Your dedicated your life to helping mentally troubled individuals but it has become increasingly difficult to do that recently. The current director has a sick drive to “cure” mental illness and has scarred many of the patients beyond belief. You have decided to team up with several other members of the staff to kill the director and defend against the group of killers roaming the halls of clearwater. You may inspect someone every night to learn their cardflip colour.
Witchking666 wrote:You are the Medic!
As a result of the increasing depravity inside of the mental asylum you were forced to abandon your Hippocratic Oath and resort to executions as a matter to protect innocent people. You may choose to protect someone from dying each night. Alternatively you may give someone a lethal injection to make them pass away in a humane way.
Witchking666 wrote:You are the therapist!
Like the psychiatrist you spent years of your life to learning about mental disorders and tried your best to help those suffering from mental illness. The current director is a danger to both the staff and the patients. You may put someone through therapy every night to roleblock them during that night phase.
My god damned pen wrote:You are the Mortician!
Every hospital has people dying occasionally. But hardly any of them match the insane amount of deaths that happen in this Psychiatric Hospital. You blame the current director for the increasing amount of deaths and would love to dissect his body for once. The Mortician can examine dead bodies to figure out the exact identity of the deceased. They may examine one corpse every night.
Witchking666 wrote:You are a regular employee!
You fulfill a normal job at Clearwaters. You could be the chef or the sane alter-ego but you don’t know for certain. If you are the sane alter-ego you will die when the insane alter ego does since you are one and the same person.
Witchking666 wrote:You are the Director!
You inherited this job from your father who inherited it from his father. You are a very intelligent but disturbed individual. You strive to cure mental illness and want to achieve this at all costs. Your philosophy is that mental disorders are a lot like diseases and that they can be cured using a certain chemical as medication. All attempts you made to cure someone have however only made their situation a lot worse. You turned some already disturbed people into monsters using neurosurgery and you killed half of the patients using experimental drugs. At this point your goals have shifted from curing mental illness to satisfying your own bloodlust. You may kill someone using experimental drugs every night and you cannot be nightkilled. Twice throughout the game you may sacrifice your nightkill immunity for a second kill during that night. You will regain your immunity the night after.
Players:
-Pseudo - Insane Alter-Ego.
-SAStar777 - Therapist
-Xdestroy - Employee
-PixelPest - Medic.
-Sanct - Director.
-Electriking - Employee
-thehelmetguy01 - Mortician
-116taj - Employee
-Mechdragon777 - Chef
-Chikimiko - Stalker
-ShadowStarX - Sane Alter-Ego,
-Cedur - Employee
-Warlock - Employee
-TheDinoKing - Employee.
-ZeldaMaster12 - Psychiatrist
-Waddle Derp Koopa-Fan - Sociopath
-Lukas - Employee

Awards:
MVP of the Game: Sanct.

Player analysis:
-: show
Coming soon!
ShadowStarX is clairvoyant.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.

xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: Something you want everyone to see!
Current Project: Code Name: Temple of Despair
Chat Username: xDestroy#5503

Re: M46 Psychopathy Red, Postgame!

Postby xDestroy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:03 pm

spoiler alert, i won mvp.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature!
Best Quotes from SMBX: show
Nien wrote:oh wow someone posted a webcomic in the art board oh wow it's garbage who would've thought
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Nien wrote:nice, now my eyes can bleed in high definition

SAStar777
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: At the moment, nothing much...
Chat Username: SAStar777

Postby SAStar777 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:08 pm

Good game, everyone! That was by far the best ending this game could have!

Thanks for killing SSX like that, Pseudo! I'm still laughing about that...
yaaaaaaawn Huh? Oh. Hi. I'm SAStar. ...I don't do stuff here much.
Here's some random color text.

TDK
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby TDK » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:10 pm

Best ending.

116taj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Unannouced
Chat Username: 116taj

Postby 116taj » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:18 pm

xDestroy wrote:spoiler alert, i won mvp.
Town MVP. Also wow Mafia/TP, killling me when I tried to get people active

Overall, pretty forgettable game. Mafia didn't do much, town just had an alliance and TP was just there. Don't forget those phase extensions It's not the game design though, just inactivity.
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ

xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji

Postby xDestroy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:20 pm

116taj wrote:
xDestroy wrote:spoiler alert, i won mvp.
Town MVP. Also wow Mafia/TP, killling me when I tried to get people active

Overall, pretty forgettable game. Mafia didn't do much, town just had an alliance and TP was just there. Don't forget those phase extensions It's not the game design though, just inactivity.
i said that before mvp's were announced, honestly, i was just joking when i posted that, i didn't actually think that would happen
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature!
Nien wrote:oh wow someone posted a webcomic in the art board oh wow it's garbage who would've thought

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:26 pm

Okay, so though i didn't play this game, i'm going to share my thoughts.

Basically, to put it simply, THIS INACTIVITY NEEDS TO STOP.

The fact that the entire mafia were inactive in this game didn't help, and the fact that in a 4 phase cycle game the post number didn't exceed 200 is pretty
pathetic in terms of activity.

And also, like others have said many times, the orginial setup was honestly a whole lot better than this.

Which is why i feel that usually removing roles other than townies won't always help the situation. As the game may not be as fun at that point.

I personally think that to solve this inactivity, we should have an inactivity-ban system, like basically, your inactive too much? You get a game ban.
That's what i think could solve this issue possibly and get people active.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji

Postby xDestroy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Mosaic wrote:Okay, so though i didn't play this game, i'm going to share my thoughts.

The fact that the entire mafia were inactive in this game didn't help, and the fact that in a 4 phase cycle game the post number didn't exceed 200 is pretty

And also, like others have said many times, the orginial setup was honestly a whole lot better than this.

Which is why i feel that usually removing roles other than townies won't always help the situation. As the game may not be as fun at that point.

I personally think that to solve this inactivity, we should have an inactivity-ban system, like basically, your inactive too much? You get a game ban.
I agree, if you're not going to be active in a game, just don't join; the sad thing is... this isn't the first time we had to bring this up

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:47 pm

I'm so glad I decided to kill Chiki. I guess my suspicions were justified. Despite some of the lack of activity I did enjoy this game. I think the alliance was 100% formed too recklessly though

SAStar777
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby SAStar777 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:49 pm

PixelPest wrote:I'm so glad I decided to kill Chiki. I guess my suspicions were justified. Despite some of the lack of activity I did enjoy this game. I think the alliance was 100% formed too recklessly though
Wha...but...I thought you were protecting me that night...?!

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:53 pm

oh, it's already over

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:56 pm

xDestroy wrote:
Mosaic wrote:Okay, so though i didn't play this game, i'm going to share my thoughts.

I agree, if you're not going to be active in a game, just don't join; the sad thing is... this isn't the first time we had to bring this up
Too bad this would mean Mafia would not happen though. Maybe there is not enough interest in the game in the community.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:58 pm

SAStar777 wrote:
PixelPest wrote:I'm so glad I decided to kill Chiki. I guess my suspicions were justified. Despite some of the lack of activity I did enjoy this game. I think the alliance was 100% formed too recklessly though
That's what I wanted you to think. I had a feeling someone had infiltrated the alliance or even if not tried to make it seem as if I was highly suggesting to others in the thread that the Medic should heal you, hoping they would assume that the Medic would listen or at least just believe that was the right thing to do themselves (which would be the most common move to make). Instead I took it upon myself to kill someone who was suspicious. I got the vibe from Chiki and it made it all so much easier to eliminate them instead of wait for the next phase when I could be (and actually was) killed or it would be hard to go off a vibe and convince people to eliminate Chiki. It also opened up the option for another target to be eliminated during the Day by the Town

xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji

Postby xDestroy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:00 pm

SAStar777 wrote:
remember this conversation, it would be impossible for Pixel to have recovered you due to the logic.
Last edited by xDestroy on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oshi
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: Nothing interesting here, move along
Current Project: Not worth mentioning
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Postby Oshi » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:01 pm

I didn't realize what I missed out on until it was over
almost poetic

Next mafia expect me for real-reals
If you are interested in Mafia, RTD, or DnD, please check out Minigame Plaza. Unfortunately the server has been declining recently, and we would like people like you to join.
godblessamerica21 wrote: when i get mod your ass is grass amigo
projects I support: show

SAStar777
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby SAStar777 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:13 pm

PixelPest wrote:That's what I wanted you to think. I had a feeling someone had infiltrated the alliance or even if not tried to make it seem as if I was highly suggesting to others in the thread that the Medic should heal you, hoping they would assume that the Medic would listen or at least just believe that was the right thing to do themselves (which would be the most common move to make). Instead I took it upon myself to kill someone who was suspicious. I got the vibe from Chiki and it made it all so much easier to eliminate them instead of wait for the next phase when I could be (and actually was) killed or it would be hard to go off a vibe and convince people to eliminate Chiki. It also opened up the option for another target to be eliminated during the Day by the Town
xDestroy wrote:Image
remember this conversation, it would be impossible for Pixel to have recovered you due to the logic.
I really thought Sanct was lying about his kill and that the Serial Killers went for Pixel...

I got tricked by a member of the alliance...I can't believe this...

Thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Embrance the dorkness
Current Project: World domination

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:15 pm

Hey, sometimes, in order to trick your enemies, you have to trick your allies too.

Btw that was honestly the most hilarious mafia kill I have ever seen
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature
Read the worst webcomic on the forums!
My greatest forum achievement:

Warlock
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: crazy man
Current Project: Winning University.
Chat Username: Warlock

Postby Warlock » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:17 pm

Wow, what an ending, amirite guys?

GG to the Town. ;)
Hey there! I'm just a normal lad. Nothing special about me, I promise.

If you have a New Super Luigi U save file on your Wii U, you automatically unlock the Luigi Bros game in SM3DW.

"I'm not sure if you need serious help, are an idiot, came here to troll, or all three at once. I'm gonna guess all three at once."

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:19 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:Hey, sometimes, in order to trick your enemies, you have to trick your allies too.
This is so true and if you have to play by this logic for the whole game to truly be an effective player. The main reason: You never know if your allies are truly on the same team, especially with the way in which alliances are sometimes made

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:23 pm

The mafia played bad. And that VERY much includes me.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Return to “Mafia”