M47 Host Sign-ups (POLL Round 2)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.

Moderator: Game Masters

Which game do you want to play for M47?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:00 pm

The Burning Bells of Salem - Warlock
67%
Big Trouble in Little Mafia Town - Danny
No votes
PixelPest - O, My Reputation
33%

Total votes: 9
Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah
Current Project: ???

M47 Host Sign-ups (POLL Round 2)

Postby Pseudo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:44 pm

Mafia 47

We're looking for your quality mafia hosting skills and your quality mafia games for our next game!

You've seen Mafia.
You've played Mafia.
Now, it might just be your time to host some Mafia!

Sorry to Witchking666, but he will not be hosting. :(

How do I apply?
All you need to do is post your game suggestion in this topic!
However, you must have participated in at least one mafia game in order to host a game.

After you have posted, your three Game Masters, PixelPest, Witchking666, and I, will edit your post and respond in green at the bottom if we approve.
If we have comments or changes that we recommend, we will edit in red.
Optional suggestions may be in yellow or orange.

Tips to Remember:
Each user may only submit one game, so choose wisely!
Your game should contain around 10-15 players.
Have about 1 mafia member for each 4-5 townies.
Your game doesn't need to be overly complex to be fun and interesting. Sometimes a good combination of roles can produce a better result.
Don't try to go overboard with the custom roles! You don't need to change the entire theme of your game for it to be interesting.

Ready for Mafia?
Think up some ideas!
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

xDestroy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: Mario's Quest
Chat Username: Eric

Re: M47 Host Sign-ups

Postby xDestroy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:52 pm

Mafia 47: Twilight Zone

Cardflip
15 Players
Lynching is manditory

Mafia
Hippie: Can roleblock someone during the night (can choose someone to kill during the night with the rest of the mafia)
Kamikaze: Can kill someone during the night, but they die with them, making the kamikaze,and the target die at the same time (goes though night immunity)(can choose someone to kill during the night with the rest of the mafia)
Framer: Can change someones colour or change their own during the night (can choose someone to kill during the night with the rest of the mafia)

Town
Detective: Can inspect someones colour during the night
Medic: Can heal someone during the night (can only heal themselves once)
Sniper: Can kill someone during the night; but if they kill a inno, they cardflip red
Stalker: Can choose a person to see and look who they visited every night
Double-voter: Their vote counts as two
Knight: Can cast a lynch vote
Miller: Can cast a lynch vote (not self aware)
Millwright: Can cast a lynch vote (not self aware)

Evil Knight
Evil Knight A night kill imuneknight that wants to rule there own kingdom, but needs power, so they created the power meter! (once they gain the ability, they keep it)
POWER METER
At night 1: Can choose one person to nightkill every night 33.3%
At night 2: Can change their colour 66.6%
At night 3: Can choose any other person to card flip purple for the rest of the game (one person per night) (the victim will be notified when they are caught) 100%
They can only use 1 action per night

PixelPest wrote:Be careful of abilities used at any time during the Day, as Day phase lengths can be screwed up be instas and people with those abilities and different timezones may get their chance of using an ability ruined unfairly. Also please specify that the Kamikaze and their target dies at the end of the phase, if you keep Day phases, and if that wasn't your original plan please change it to that. The Gorge is OP and should be more like a Veteran role and have two Nights during which they can go on alert and kill anyone who visits them. The Town is also OP especially since the Mafia's roles are pretty bad for a Mafia team. You have a Sheriff, a Kamikaze, and a Painter which isn't a great combination for a Mafia team. You might want to change the Sheriff to a roleblocking ability or consider revamping the whole team to balance things out since for a Mafia, as it's pretty weak for the way-too-strong Town. The Stalker's role is also written in a very confusing way. I have no idea what "where they gone" would involve. The Evil Knight is also OP. They shouldn't be able to use multiple abilities, and again, consider the implications of them being able to do so during Day phases. "Can nightkill" is also pretty broad and does not specify how many kills they can perform. Also since their abilities are used during the Day currently I don't see how this could work. I also think it could be worthwhile to give them Nightkill immunity and to just remove the Fool as there's enough going on already Approved

Pseudo wrote:Approved,
but to clarify does the Kamikaze's ability go through night immunity? That's a pretty standard trait for these types of roles but certainly not required, so I just want to clarify, thanks

Witchking666 wrote:I recieved word that the evil knight doesn't use RNG, approved.
Last edited by xDestroy on Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:59 am, edited 32 times in total.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature

"Best Quotes from SMBX": show
Nien wrote:oh wow someone posted a webcomic in the art board oh wow it's garbage who would've thought

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey and Toad's SMB Adventure, Also, The Enemy's Boss Rush(yeah sure)
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Toxicating
- 15 Players
- 3 Mafia, 11 Town, 1 TP
- Lynching is Mandatory
- Role Usage is Optional

Mafia
Smoke Bomber: Can throw a smoke bomb into town twice in the game, causing everyone to cardflip black the following day phase, this'll be announced.
Stalker: May stalk a player each night, learning their color. can stalk a player a second time to learn of their role.
Lecturer: Can read a player a long chapter book each night, roleblocking and vote blocking them at the same time.

Town
Inspector: Can learn a player's color each night, can inspect a player again to learn their role.
Medic: Can protect a player from nightkills and poisoning each night. Can self heal once.
Reader: Can read a player a long chapter book each night, roleblocking and vote blocking them at the same time.
Bounty Hunter: Can kill a player each night, has a rep meter that's affected based on the color of their kill victim. survives one nightkill.
- Rep starts at -1
- Color changes based on rep
Townsperson: Can cast a lynch vote each day phase.
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson

Miller
Nightrider: immune to nightkills and poisoning, aware of identity.

Third Party
Poisoner: Can poison a player each night, this player will die at the end of the next day phase unless visited by the Medic, immune to nightkills and roleblocks.

Rep Meter Chart
- -4 = death
- -2 or lower = red cardflip
- -1 = orange cardflip
- 0 = green cardflip
- 1 or higher = blue cardflip
- red victim = +1 rep
- green victim = -1 rep
- blue victim = -2 rep

Notes: show
- Mafia Visit is OFF
- If the Reader and Lecturer target eachother, nothing happens.
- failed kill attempts from night immunity are NOT announced
- a night immune role will be privately notified if their attacked.
- failed kill attempts from a heal ARE.
- The Bounty Hunter will flip the color they end up based what their rep is upon inspection.

PixelPest wrote:I'd be careful with an Eavesdropper role since it might be difficult to enforce and just run as a host, especially since this isn't Discord Mafia. I don't really have any major concerns with this game and in the future I think a Bounty Hunter with the rep. meter would be a cool TP

Pseudo wrote:When can the Medic visit someone to heal poison, is it only on the night that the player is poisoned, only on the night the player would die, or both?
If it's the latter the role is basically a worse serial killer (since the Medic has more chances to heal), for what it's worth

Otherwise looks good, I like the rep system

Witchking666 wrote:Approved, Im digging the rep mechanic aswell.
Last edited by Mosaic on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 11 times in total.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

RIP MAFIA, if you still want to play it, then join here --> http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

My Level Thread

My Projects

It also has a discord server! -> https://discord.gg/XGwG2AK

Contests: show
Contests i'm currently in
TTK's Mountain Level Contest: Level Finished
TTK's Sky Level Contest: Level Finished
Restricted Contest 2: Not Started

Contests I've previously joined
Community Contest 13: 30th Place
Water Level Contest Placed 1st
Community Contest 12 Placed 39th
Underground Level Contest Level Placed 5th
SVLC 2 Placed 7th
Snow Level Contest Level Placed 5th
and more...

Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Paper
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Blegh

Postby Paper » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:03 pm

M47: A Faction Game, but every time a faction gets a kill they get a bonus

Gameplay:
  • 16 Players
  • Ballot box lynching; Players vote on who to lynch each day in secret via PMing the host
  • Roleflip on death (roles include kill immunities), colorflip on inspection
  • Death Bonuses: When a faction scores a kill, they will gain bonuses. Bonuses increase as the faction gains more kills.
  • Nobody knows who anybody else is unless otherwise specified
  • Despite the previous bullet, each faction (except the last faction, more on that later) votes on a person to kill each night. These votes are handled similar to the lynch vote (ie Ballot Box). If a faction accidentally kills one of their own, they cannot vote for a kill the next night.
  • Factions win when they are the last players standing (except for the One-Man-Team, see its section for more info).
  • Deaths, attempts on players' lives, and conversions (mentioned later) will be announced each day, though the names of people who are converted will NOT be revealed, only the number.
  • A random player from each faction will be assigned to choose a real name for the faction. Blame them if your faction's name is terrible. Names are announced when all names have been decided upon.

Factions:
THE RED FACTION
Spoiler: show
The Red Faction consists of the following:
Role-Blocker: Can choose a player to role-block each night
Member: Does nothing other than vote on who to kill each night
The Red Faction will receive these bonuses based on how many kills they've scored:
1 kill: A random member* becomes a Doublevoter (vote in both lynching and nightkilling counts twice)
2 kills: A random member* becomes Lynch-Immune
3 kills: A random member* becomes Nightkill-immune
4 kills: The Role-Blocker becomes Nightkill-Immune
5 kills: All living members of the faction are revealed to each other
*Can neither be the Role-Blocker nor someone who has already received an ability

THE GREEN FACTION
The Green Faction consists of the following:
Sheriff: Can choose a player to inspect each night, revealing their color
The Green Faction will receive these bonuses based on how many kills they've scored:
1 kill: A random member* becomes a Doublevoter (vote in both lynching and nightkilling counts twice)
2 kills: A random member* gets to become the Deputy, ie will inherit the Sheriff's role if the Sheriff dies
3 kills: The Sheriff's/Deputy's inspections will now reveal roles
4 kills: A random member* gets to become Nightkill-Immune
*Can neither be the Sheriff nor someone who has already received an ability

THE BLUE FACTION
The Blue Faction consists of the following:
Doctor: Can save a player from death each night
Nurse: Will inherit the Doctor's role if the Doctor dies
The Blue Faction will receive these bonuses based on how many kills they've scored:
1 kill: A random member* becomes a Doublevoter (vote in both lynching and nightkilling counts thrice)
2 kills: A random member* gains the ability to make an additional kill (will be labeled as a Vigilante). Loses ability permanently if they kill one of their own.
3 kills: The Nurse is promoted directly to Doctor without the original Doctor having to die
4 kills: A random member* gets to become Nightkill-Immune
*Can neither be a Doctor, nor the Nurse, nor someone who has already received an ability

ALSO: Doctors can only protect themselves for one night the entire game, and cannot protect each other (if there's 2).

THE SPECIAL ONE-MAN FACTION
The Special One-Man Faction starts by consisting only of the:
Cult Leader: Cannot kill players on his own, but has the following abilities:
  • Nightkill-immunity
  • Has the ability to permanently turn a player of his choice to his side each even numbered night (but only if the chosen player is NOT performing an action that night), placing them in contact with all other members of the Cult (and the Leader, of course), and changing their color to orange. Converted players will still retain contact with their old faction, and it will not be revealed to their old faction that they've been converted, HOWEVER:
    • The converted player's votes (within their old faction) will not count
    • The converted player will not be able to receive bonuses from their old faction (but this won't be revealed to their old faction either)
    • The converted player will also lose any bonuses and/or roles they once had
  • Unlike the other factions, this team wins when over 50% of the surviving players have been converted (including the Cult Leader himself).

ALSO: If the Cult Leader dies, this faction loses, and all those who were converted are returned to their original faction.

Yes Daddy, yell at me some more for posting a faction game again. It makes me M O I S T

PixelPest wrote:Resub

Pseudo wrote:ayy lmao

Witchking666 wrote:Resubmission
Last edited by Paper on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:47 pm

The Cult of the Underworld

MAFIA - Kill all the Cultists and outnumber the Town
Consigliere - Can inspect a player each night (Role)
Painter - Can paint a player each night That will last the following Cycle. (Red, Blue, Green, Purple) (Cannot paint the mafia kill target)

TOWN - Wins by killing all Cultists.
Sheriff - Can Inspect a player each night.
Vigilante - May kill a player each night.
Surgeon - Can heal someone every night. If a target dies during a later phase, they will role flip
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie

Townie
Townie

THIRD PARTY - Wins by out numbering the town.
Cultist - Can convert a player each night or kill a player at night, but not both. First two converted players Can also convert Town players if the first Cultist goes down in order of succession.

Mechanics:
Mafia can not be converted

Changelog: Cultist: Gets an optional kill.
Added a Mafia.
Added a Mechanics section.

PixelPest wrote:This seems like an overly simple game with only a Cultist as the opposition to the Town and does not shine in its simplicity. There's honestly just not much to it. Also please as I've asked twice before add a name to your game. Approved!

Pseudo wrote:Looks cool approved

Witchking666 wrote:Im digging the game. I am loving the format. Approved!
Last edited by MECHDRAGON777 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show

Fusion best time

List of Animés I have watched.
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!

Support

Contests I am in right now
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

Electriking
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre, and perhaps some other thing
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:43 am

M47: Darkness Strikes Again
-Cardflip
-13 Players

Dark Beasts
Dark Lord: Once per game, can cast a dark spell at night that skips the followng day phase, going straight to the next night and allowing night phase abilities to be used again
Evil Human: Cardflips Green
Accuser: Can make a false accusation on a human each night. On the following day phase, if he gets the most votes and the accused votes for him, the accused player will be lynched instead
Painter: Can paint a player a colour each night. The effects wear off the following day phase

Humans
Mayor: Once per game, can hold a second lynching during the day before the following night phase. He decides on the day he wants this.
Inspector: Can inspect a player each night to learn their colour
Wolf: Once per night can either kill a player or protect a player by warding off attackers
Human: Nothing Special
Human
Human
Human
Human
Outsider: Someone visiting the town. Makes them a bit suspicious, so cardfilps red.

Notes:
  • If there are 2 accused players due to the Darklords ability, and they both vote for the accuser when they have the most votes, then the accused that voted last will be lynched
  • The accuser may not use his abilty on the night phase following a day phase where his ability usage was successful
  • The painters effects can last through 2 consecutive nights (If triggered by the dark lord) and 1 day phase.

S6+: We all have a job
14 Players
Items

Mafia
Godfather: Is green. Does not have the chance to start with an item
Mafia Scum: Does not have the chance to start with an item
Mafia Scum

Town
Townie: Has the chance to start with an item
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie

Miller[/b]: Is red, although he does not realise it. Does not have the chance to start with an item
Miller[/b]

Items:
Knife: The player in possession of this item may kill another player (gives the mafia a second kill if they receive it). If used to kill a townie, that player will cardflip red until the following night phase
Inspection Kit: The player in possession of this item may inspect another player
Medical Kit: The player in possession of this item may protect another player from nightkills

Notes:
Items are used at night
Only townies may start with an item, but anyone can receive them
Players must give their items to another player of their choice before the night phase ends
If a Mafia Scum receives an item, they cannot give it to another Mafia Scum
An individual cannot give an item to the same other player twice, unless all the other players receive the item from that player since (which probably won't happen)
  • In the case of the Mafia, all the townies must recieve an item from him before they can give one to the same townie
  • This rule applies to all items colectively, not just each one individually.

PixelPest wrote:The Dark Lord's ability is basically pointless since the Mafia have no nightly abilities and it would not benefit the Mafia, except for maybe delaying a Lynch on a Mafia. This makes the Town pretty OP. Also when does the Mayor declare that they're using their ability? Is it the Night before they want a double-Lynch? Sure

Pseudo wrote:Looks cool, the Accuser is a really interesting role. Guessing PixelPest's current review is based on an old version of the game?

Witchking666 wrote:The Dark Lord is bullshit for the reasons already mentioned by PixelPest. Also, 4 vs 9 is totally unfair. I suggest adding one, two or even three town sided players to the game and removing one or two mafiosi. An ideal ratio would be if you would make it 3v12 (A 15 player game) but 2v10 is alsl perfectly fine.
Last edited by Electriking on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
This is some serious shit! The FCC have voted to repeal NET neutrality, but you can still help state a disapproval if you are American:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.battleforthenet.com][img]https://www.battleforthenet.com/images/banner/728x80.png[/img][/url]

Join my Discord server here: https://discord.gg/3S64gwq
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol

thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement

Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.

PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.

Literally me when I read that post lol

The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?

WARNING: Quill is in here: show

Sanct
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Betterified World

Postby Sanct » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:12 am

Mosaic wrote:M47: What's The Forecast?
- 16 Players
- Mandatory Lynching
- Weather Mechanic
- Optional Role Usage
- Mafia-Visit

Weather Mechanic
At the start of each night, there'll be an announcement of 3 different forms of weather that could potentially happen, each with a different percent chance of happening,
one with a 50% chance to occur, one with a 40% chance and one will have a 10% chance to happen. Based on the weather that occurs, a different
gimmick will be imminent the following day phase as well as night phase, it'll be listed below what these are.

Mafia
Disguiser: Can take on another player's color each night, they'll flip their color upon inspection that night. Flips red upon death.
Propagandist: Can write an annoymous message up to 250 characters long each night that'll be displayed in the phase change. Can't be distingished from Jouranlist.
Sliencer: Can slience a player each night, not allowing them to speak next day phase.

Town
Detective: Can inspect a player each night to learn their color, can also inspect a dead player to learn of their exact role.
Doctor: They can protect a player from nightkills each night.
Journalist: Can write an annoymous message up to 250 characters long each night that'll be displayed in the phase change. Can't be distingished from Jouranlist.
Veteran: Can go on alert twice in the game, killing anyone who visits them.
Townsperson: Can cast a lynch vote each day phase.
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson

Miller
Millwright

Third Party
Forecaster: Each night, can guess what form of weather will occur the next day phase, if they guess correct thrice, they'll steal victory, their predications aren't announced.

Weather List and Effects
Sunny: No added effects.
Humid: Three player's votes will count as two.
Cloudy: Three player's votes will not count.
Rainy: green and blue will become cyan while red and orange will become yellow next day phase. as opposed to their regular color. The Jouranlist's and Propagandist's messages won't go through either.
Thunderstorm: All deaths that night will not be revealed until the end of the following day phase. The Jouranlist's and Propagandist's messages won't go through either.

If this game doesn't work because of a chance based gimmick, i'll just try a different entry instead.
]

Too much rng
"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017"Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to follow them" ~Me, 2017

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey and Toad's SMB Adventure, Also, The Enemy's Boss Rush(yeah sure)
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:45 am

Changed my submission
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

RIP MAFIA, if you still want to play it, then join here --> http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

My Level Thread

My Projects

It also has a discord server! -> https://discord.gg/XGwG2AK

Contests: show
Contests i'm currently in
TTK's Mountain Level Contest: Level Finished
TTK's Sky Level Contest: Level Finished
Restricted Contest 2: Not Started

Contests I've previously joined
Community Contest 13: 30th Place
Water Level Contest Placed 1st
Community Contest 12 Placed 39th
Underground Level Contest Level Placed 5th
SVLC 2 Placed 7th
Snow Level Contest Level Placed 5th
and more...

Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: SM63/LL graphics pack (maaaybe)
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Postby Cedur » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:48 am

Pseudo wrote:Your game should contain around 10-15 players.

um, why this pessimistic? Anything smaller than 14 is needlessly small for me.

Mafia has been closed here, but we try to keep it living at MosaicMafia! New players are looked for right NOW!

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

PixelPest
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: Pix le Pest

Postby PixelPest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:58 am

Cedur wrote:

It was agreed upon by the GMs to cater to the recent levels of inactivity. It isn't pessimistic by any means

Electriking
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre, and perhaps some other thing
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 am

I updated my game. I had changed some of the Mafia roles around and added roles that makes the main concept of my game useful. And clarified the mayor's role usage.
Cedur wrote:

They could have decided to put Mafia on hiatus you know, so be glad that the GMs did not go that far.
This is some serious shit! The FCC have voted to repeal NET neutrality, but you can still help state a disapproval if you are American:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.battleforthenet.com][img]https://www.battleforthenet.com/images/banner/728x80.png[/img][/url]

Join my Discord server here: https://discord.gg/3S64gwq
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol

thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement

Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.

PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.

Literally me when I read that post lol

The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?

WARNING: Quill is in here: show

Warlock
Current Project: Don't have one. At least not yet.
Chat Username: Warlock

Postby Warlock » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:50 am

M47- The Burning Bells of Salem
16 Players
Nightkills are OPTIONAL.
Lynching is MANDATORY.

In the tiny town of Salem, a series of arson attacks has plunged the village into anarchy. As death and conflict surrounds every street and alleyway, a group of townsfolk have banded together in an attempt to find the perpetrators of these attakcs and stop them. In light of this, the real culprits have decided to disguise themselves as villagers in order to infiltrate this new alliance and destroy it. But the chiming bells only bring death and destruction in its wake, and all is not as it seems...

The Culprits
CANNOT BE DOUSED.

Arsonist: Once per night, can choose somebody to douse with gasoline. Optionally, can light all doused players, instantly killing them. Immune to nightkills.
Psychopath: Once per night, can guess the time at which the clock will strike the next day. If the Psychopath is correct, all actions against the Culprits will fail that night.
Distraction: Once per night, can choose a player to visit. That person will be roleblocked.

The Townsfolk
Sheriff: Once per night, can choose someone to learn their color.
Vigilante: Once per night, can choose someone to kill.
Bodyguard: Once per night, can choose somebody to visit. Actions against that player that night will fail.
Washerwoman: Once per night can choose a player to visit. If that person has been doused, the Washerwoman will wash off the gasoline. Cannot be doused.
Lover: Once per day, chooses someone to lynch. Is in contact with the other Lover.
Lover: Once per day, chooses someone to lynch. Is in contact with the other Lover.
Villager: Once per day, chooses someone to lynch.
Freak: Once per day, chooses someone to lynch. Doesn't know that he's the Freak.
Psychic: Once per day, chooses someone to lynch. Doesn't know that she's the Psychic.

HER
Oracle: Each night, can guess the time at which the clock will strike the next day. If correct, actions against her that night and the following night will fail. Wins the game if alive at the end of the game.

The Clock
At the start of each day, the clock that resides around the town of Salem shall strike at a random time. Depending on that time, several different things can occur.

If the clock strikes one, ALL non-killing actions against other players will fail.
If the clock strikes two, the person who is lynched that day will not cardflip, but will roleflip instead.
If the clock strikes three, the lynch votes of three random people shall be doubled.
If the clock strikes four, ALL players who are killed will cardflip black until the end of the day.
If the clock strikes five, ALL players will survive the night.

Role PMs:
You are the Arsonist! You are a cold blooded killer who seeks to murder your victims in the mose guelling ways possible. You show no remorse. You do not discriminate. Killing is part of your blood. Kill everyone, before the alliance kills you.

You are the Psychopath, and you are just crazy. The last time you had a rational thought was... Wednesday? Last week? You don't remember. The clock in the town fascinates you,
perhaps there is a way you could use it to your advantage...

You are the Distraction. You're just an idiot who joined the Arsonist's little gang because you thought there was free pizza. You were wrong. The Pizza was a lie. Now you just distract people. Literally.

Enjoy your new job! ;)

You are the Sheriff. You are one of the worst cops Salem has ever seen, but you want to change that. How? By... stalking people. Fucking creep.

Go find out people's... colors.

You are the Vigilante, an actual productive member of society who has a gun. Yeah. You shoot people with it. They die. Just don't shoot your friends, or you'll end up in an asylum, while accidentally killing your moderately sane alter-ego.

Let's not have a repeat of M46 ;)

Bodyguard is your name, and beating up people is your game. Wow. Rude. Go protect people instead! What a great idea, you thought. So that is what you do. Protect people.

No fighting. I'm watching you.

In the 1950s many working class households didn’t have running water, so people would wash themselves in a public sauna. Public saunas usually had a professional Washerwoman), who’s job was to wash people. This was probably necessary because people were quite dirty, because they did manual labour and only went to the sauna once a week. In all the photos that I have found, the Washerwomen are middle aged or elderly women.
There are still a few professional Washerwomen left in Salem. You're the only one left alive.

You are a Villager. Just kidding, I respect you because you're the only one in this bloody town who actually has a friend to turn to. So basically, you're a Lover, and there's another Lover, and you, the first Lover is in contact with the other Lover.

YOU ARE ONE OF TWO LOVERS.

Villager. I mean, what more do I have to say? There is NOTHING, literally NOTHING special about you. Why are you even here?

I mean, you COULD just be a Psychic or a Freak, but how do I know that?

Well, you're a bit of a cracker aren't you? You are the Oracle, some weird woman who came over here one day and decided to live here, because hey! Who doesn't want to live in a town full of anarchists and serial killers? You are a talented psychic, at least that's what you think - it goes in a vicious cycle.

Step 1: Make a prediction
Step 2: Get it all wrong
Step 3: Make yourself look like a complete moron in front of everyone
Step 4: Profit!

You want to change your bad reputation. Change that. Prove them wrong. I'm rooting for you. Beat that clock.

For... Encelot?

PixelPest wrote:Over 5 phases the Oracle only has a 5.12% chance of winning (assuming I calculated it correctly) and whether I did or not it's extremely low and unfairly so. Otherwise seems okay

Pseudo wrote:woah this looks pretty interesting
Do the culprits get a collective nightkill? If so that's pretty OP considering the Arsonist. If not they're OK.

Witchking666 wrote:I really love that clock mechanic. 10/10 for creativity, Approved!
Last edited by Warlock on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Hey there! I'm just a normal lad. Nothing special about me, I promise. ;)

"I'm not sure if you need serious help, are an idiot, came here to troll, or all three at once. I'm gonna guess all three at once."

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: SM63/LL graphics pack (maaaybe)
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Postby Cedur » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:36 pm

M35 "quite not a resub", had to replace the revival ability; added another witch instead, also added another townsperson.

Vigilantics Deluxe

16 players, cardflip. This game is inspired by the Town-of-Salem mode Vigilantics. This includes some more special roles and gimmicks.

Both vigilantes and witches shouldn't use their power recklessly (power usage is optional unless you're forced to).

--- Witches --- 6 players

Control mechansim: All witches can individually control a player at night to target a second player. If that player is town, they'll use their power on the second player. Controlling a player counts as visiting them. Witches can't force a player to target themselves. If multiple witches control the same player, the effective command will be decided at random.

The witches don't know each other.

Head Witch: Can inspect a player at night (cardflip) or make herself immune (the latter can be used twice).
Overzealed Witch: Is forced to use her ability every night. Knows that she's overzealed.
Strong Witch: can make herself night-immune twice.
Witch
Witch
Witch

--- Vigilantes and Allies --- 10 players

All vigilantes can attempt to shoot another player at night, they have two shots for the whole game. If they kill an innocent, they can't shoot the next night unless they're controlled (the control has higher priority).

Head Vigilante: Can additionally inspect at player at night.
Doctor: Can heal a player at night. Can additionally protect himself once in the game.
Veteran: Can go on alert 3 times in the game, staying home and killing everyone who visits them, and witches can't hinder his decision on going alert or not.
Lunatic Vigilante: Must use his ability every night except for Night 1.
Vigilante
Vigilante
Vigilante
Bulletproof: can make themselves night-immune twice.
Bulletproof
Bulletproof

PixelPest wrote:This could be very entertaining. Approved!

Pseudo wrote:lmao OK

Witchking666 wrote:Resub.... kinda.
Last edited by Cedur on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mafia has been closed here, but we try to keep it living at MosaicMafia! New players are looked for right NOW!

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

thehelmetguy1
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: The Great Empire 69, The Invasion 420, Apocalypse of Foroze 1337
Chat Username: Thg1

Postby thehelmetguy1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Simple change: I removed one townie so the player ammount becomes 15
M??: Undead Chaos
15 players, cardflip
The Necromancer and the Undead
This team will begin with only the necromancer, and wins by outnumbering or equalling the town. This team has one kill each night
Necromancer: Controls the undead. If the necromancer has converted less than three people, he may then choose to target a player and turn them into a Zombie, Skeleton Warrior, or Ghoul. The necromancer's team may not have more than one of the same undead(2 Zombies are not allowed for example). Cannot be nightkilled and cannot target himself. If inspected on night 1, they will cardflip green. If the Necromancer doesn't convert anyone, a random target will be chosen unless three people were already converted.
Zombie: If the zombie is nightkilled or lynched, they will kill the person that killed them(Nightkill) or the last person that voted for them(Lynch). The zombie still dies.
Skeleton Mage: A skeleton that knows how to cast spells. Made a barrier that can protect themselves from nightkills. Can once in the game permanently give up on the nightkill immunity and kill someone.
Ghoul: May do one of the following each night:
-Sneak on a player and attack them, silencing the target.
-Scare a player, making them paranoid, where they will refuse to cooperate with anyone, making abilities from the town not have any effect on the target for one night.
The Town
Wins by completely destroying the Undead
Priest: May protect a player from mafia abilities and from becoming undead each night. Cannot become undead, but isn't immune to nightkills. Can't target themselves.
Jailer: Can target a player each night, roleblocking them and protecting them from nightkills, but cannot save the player if they would become an undead. Can't target themselves
Cop: Has a kill each night.
Detective: Can interview a player each night, and find out their color. May once in the game find a player's role, but this will lead the detective to lose their ability for 2 nights.
Burocratic Doctor: Twice in the game, can make it so that all the players killed in the current phase roleflip instead of cardflip.
Townie: Normal townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Light spirit: Cannot be nightkilled, and cannot become an undead, since he is already one. Due to being a ghost, people don't trust him, so he will cardflip red. Thinks they are a normal townie.
Mason: In contact with the other Mason
Mason: In contact with the other Mason

PixelPest wrote:Approved!

Pseudo wrote:Basically a resub, approved!

Witchking666 wrote:It's back yet again! Approved.
Last edited by thehelmetguy1 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature

Join my discord server!

Danny
Bowser
Bowser
Current Project: Another SMBX Adventure
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#6972

Postby Danny » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Why do we have to create vigilante roles that get punished for killing an innocent? What good does this do?
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

Danny
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Danny » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:31 pm

M47: Big Trouble in Little Mafia Town
16 players
Roleflip

None of the Mafia members know each other, so they must rely on their inspection ability to find their teammates.

-MAFIA-
Gunslinger: Each night, can attempt to kill a target. Can inspect a player each night, learning their color, this can be made in addition to the kill.
Mafioso: Can inspect a player each night, learning their color. If the Gunslinger dies, they find the gun and become the Gunslinger.
Mafioso
Mafioso
Mafioso

-TOWN-
Sheriff: Can inspect a player each night, learning their color.
Doctor: Can protect a player each night, preventing them from being killed.
Vigilante: Each night, can attempt to kill a target. If they kill an innocent, they are silenced during the day.
Graduate: When the Sheriff, Doctor, or Vigilante dies, it becomes that role.
Townie: A regular townie.
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Troublemaker: Doesn't know that they're the Troublemaker.
Troublemaker

-Clarification-
-When the Gunslinger dies and the other Mafioso are still alive, it is randomly determined which Mafioso will become the Gunslinger.
-If two of the three special roles die at the same time and the Graduate is still alive, the Graduate gets to choose which role they wish to become.

PixelPest wrote:Resub

Pseudo wrote:Yes

Witchking666 wrote:Resub, ans a good one at that!

PixelPest
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby PixelPest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Danny wrote:Why do we have to create vigilante roles that get punished for killing an innocent? What good does this do?

Dissuades a person with that role from killing recklessly

Paper
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Blegh

Postby Paper » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:03 pm

Forgot to fix the spoiler in my game the other day. Hopefully that didn't cause too many headaches.

Danny
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Danny » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:40 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Danny wrote:Why do we have to create vigilante roles that get punished for killing an innocent? What good does this do?

Dissuades a person with that role from killing recklessly

But realistically, a town-aligned killing role, the vigilante in this case, would have it in their best interests not to kill off random innocent people recklessly. Regardless, this hasn't even been a legitimate problem, so people need to knock off the overused excuses and come to terms that they're idiot-proofing their games because there's that .1% chance that somebody is going to go on a reckless killing spree, which need I remind you hasn't even happened yet, at least not that I've been aware of in my close observations of games. If that were to happen, the integrity of that player's worth should be questioned, and the discussion should be held about whether or not they should be allowed to continue to play the game, because that's along the same lines as throwing the game, and I'm sure that's already against self-contained rules.

PixelPest
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby PixelPest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Danny wrote:...this hasn't even been a legitimate problem...

Because games lately from what I've seen have always had these kinds of roles. Also considering game-banning someone for misusing their ability is over-the-top for sure

Return to “Mafia”