Mafia Discussion

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Danny
Mario
Mario

Re: Mafia Discussion

Postby Danny » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Posting this here just because I want to see what people think for M7 and so I can just easily copy/paste this into the M7 host poll thread.

M7 - Stölheim

It is the dark of night in the small forested town of Stölheim, and the noble of the town, Frederik Ziënger, has been found dead in his home with scratch marks on his chest and face. Werewolves are the suspected cause of this murdering, and so the town guard has been on active duty to try and rid of the menace that may still be lurking in the once peaceful town...

-Werewolves-
Traitor: Can kill a player once per night. Cardflips green when inspected.
Werewolf: Can kill a player once per night.
Werewolf: Can kill a player once per night.
Sorceror: Can disable the powers of a player once per night.
Spy: Can inspect any player each night (player's color will be revealed to the Spy only).

-Village-
Mayor: Can choose to either host a second lynching during the day where a second player gets lynched, or can inspect any player each night (player's color will be revealed to the Mayor only).
Town Guard: Prevents the death of a player once per night.
Town Guard: Prevents the death of a player once per night.
Cleric: Can heal any player he chooses at night if that player dies.
Executioner: Can choose to kill any player at night. If he kills an innocent, he loses his ability for one night.
Villager: A normal player with no special abilities. They vote each day to get someone lynched.
Villager: A normal player with no special abilities. They vote each day to get someone lynched.
Mysterious Villager: A normal villager that cardflips red.
Last edited by Danny on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

DatDude
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby DatDude » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:53 pm

Wait, so this game is just like to find out who are the Mafia / Werewolves? I guess this should be fun.
Last edited by DatDude on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Project:
Spoiler: show
On Mafia i like lying, deceiving and trains. Wait, how did you get this information?!
I support these peeps.
Well, except MNIE, because he's drunk though but yeah.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:55 pm

DatDude wrote:Wait, so this game is just like to find out who are the Mafia / Werewolves? I guess this should be fun, seeing that i lie alot xD
Why would you say that in a Mafia thread? Now when you play, people will constantly be suspicious of you.

DatDude
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby DatDude » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:35 am

I've looked at all of this, and i think i'll just post a random M7 thing here. I don't know if it's good, but hey, it's a test.

M7 - The Secret Society
Happens during the werewolf-era times, and focuses on the "visiting" process.

Secret Society
Spy: Like the Hunter, but works for the Secret Society. Cardflips green when inspected or killed.
Worshiper: Like a normal townsperson, but cardflips red when killed or inspected.
Avenging Worshiper: If he dies, he can kill one person who voted to lynch him, or the person who nightkilled him.
Necromancer: Can "paint" a player's color to either red, blue or yellow if that player visits him at night. Painted colors stick onto the player until they die.
Werewolf: Is immune to nightkills, and if he gets lynched, he can choose one player who voted for him to die too.

The Town
Mayor: He can vote twice (For one person only), and can inspect a player at night. (Color of that player will only be known to the Mayor)
Mayor's Guard: Acts like a normal guard, but instantly is chosen to protect the Mayor, shielding the Mayor once, causing him to die instead of the Mayor. He also knows who the Mayor is.
Town Guard: Can prevent the death of one player every night.
Hunter: Can kill a player at night. If he kills an innocent, he loses the ability for one night.
Hunter: Can kill a player at night. If he kills an innocent, he loses the ability for one night.
Innkeeper: If anyone from The Town visits him, that player gains immunity against nightkills for that night. He also knows the role of one random member from The Town, except for Villagers.
Villager: A regular villager, who votes every day for someone to be lynched.
Mysterious Villager: A villager who cardflips red if killed or inspected. Does not know he is a Mysterious Villager generally.

No Team
Unknown: Has no abilities, until he is visited by one of the two sides. If he is visited by a Hunter, Town Guard or the Mayor, he becomes a Villager, but if a Spy, Worshipper, Necromancer or Werewolf visits him, he becomes a Worshipper. If he stays without a team, he cannot win. To win, the Unknown must be recurited into either The Town or the Secret Society and survive till the end to win.
My Project:
On Mafia i like lying, deceiving and trains. Wait, how did you get this information?!
I support these peeps.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:
DatDude wrote:Wait, so this game is just like to find out who are the Mafia / Werewolves? I guess this should be fun, seeing that i lie alot xD
Why would you say that in a Mafia thread? Now when you play, people will constantly be suspicious of you.
You're supposed to be suspicious of everyone.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab

Postby underFlo » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:58 pm

Hypnotist

Can choose a player every night and a player they should visit.

If the chosen player is a role that doesn't visit people, it will visit the player without doing anything. This is only useful in setups with night cops of course.
If the chosen player is a role that does visit people, it will think it visited the person they chose to visit, but actually visit the person the hypnotist chose. It will affect the person as if it was really chosen (Doc protects it, Vig kills it...) and a Sheriff or Night Cop will get the information of the person the hypnotist chose while thinking it was the one the Sheriff/Night Cop actually chose.

Also, since it seems really dangerous to the town, you can make it visit every other night, the player they should visit should be randomly selected, or some other changes.
You also can make the changes applied unique to each role (the Cop's checks become one of an insane Cop etc.)
im a girl yo

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:23 pm

Joey, what I meant is that he will have more suspicions than anyone, knowing how he says he lies a lot. I didn't mean that only he would have suspicions.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:17 pm

And what I'm saying is that it bears no significance since any player could be lying about anything at any time.

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:36 pm

KoolKat wrote:M7 - A Train Ride to Nowhere

Capacity - 20

This game has a slightly different ruleset from normal Mafia. The premise is that every player is on a train, and the Mafia has infiltrated the train. This game applies the visiting mechanic to everybody, but changes it slightly from the way it was used in M5. Each night, players can choose to visit one of the other players. Visiting is optional to all non-utility roles, but utility roles must visit the player they are using their ability on. When you visit somebody, you learn who was in their compartment that night (but not their colors). When you visit somebody, you go where they go, rather than to their compartment specifically.

Assassin - Carries out the Mafia's dirty deeds each night.
Mafioso - Each night, they will decide on one person to kill.
Mafioso
Mafioso

Night Guard - Can kill one person each night. If he kills somebody who is aligned with the town, he turns into a normal passenger, meaning he loses his ability and turns green.
Conductor - The boss of the train. If he dies, the game is lost for everyone.
Detective - Inspects one person each night.
Doctor - Saves one person from dying each night. Can never self-heal.

Passenger - No special abilities.
Passenger
Passenger
Passenger

Miller - Normal passenger who cardflips red.
Millwright - Normal passenger who cardflips yellow.

Sleepwalker - If anybody tries to nightkill them, it will backfire and the killer will die instead.
Sleepwalker

Hobo - It is their goal to prolong the game until the train arrives at its destination. Is a third party. They know who the other hobos are.
Hobo
Hobo

Red Hobo - A normal hobo who cardflips red. Knows he's the red hobo.

Rules:
The Mafia wins if they make up more than 1/2 of the total passengers on the train.
The Passengers win if all the Mafia and the Red Hobo are dead.
The game automatically ends at the start of Day 6, the "arrival" of the train. When/if this happens, one of the following will happen:
-If all of the hobos are dead, the passengers win.
-If all of the yellow hobos are still alive, the hobos win.

If you visit a hobo, you don't visit a compartment. You instead visit the roof of the train.
At the start of each day, the players who visited the top are announced. However, the hobos themselves are not revealed.
Seemed like an interesting concept to me.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:56 pm

Nickname wrote:Hypnotist

If the chosen player is a role that doesn't visit people, it will visit the player without doing anything. This is only useful in setups with night cops of course.
If the chosen player is a role that does visit people, it will think it visited the person they chose to visit, but actually visit the person the hypnotist chose. It will affect the person as if it was really chosen (Doc protects it, Vig kills it...) and a Sheriff or Night Cop will get the information of the person the hypnotist chose while thinking it was the one the Sheriff/Night Cop actually chose.

Also, since it seems really dangerous to the town, you can make it visit every other night, the player they should visit should be randomly selected, or some other changes.
You also can make the changes applied unique to each role (the Cop's checks become one of an insane Cop etc.)
Is the hypnotist on the mafia side?
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:23 pm

M7 - Make it Rain

Capacity - 30

Mafioso - Each night, they decide on one person to kill.
Mafioso
Mafioso
Mafioso
Mafioso
Sympathetic Mafioso
- Initially, they are in the Mafia. However, once the Mafia kills 5 people, he has a 50% chance of dying and a 50% chance of turning into a townsperson.

Sheriff - Can inspect one person each night to learn their color.
Deputy - If the Sheriff dies, they assume his role and his color.
Doctor - Can choose one person to protect each night. If that person is targeted, the visitor's role will be nullified.
Nurse - If the Doctor dies, they assume his role and color.
Bank Teller - Each day, they can choose one person to give a loan. That person will be notified of their loan.
Vigilante - Can be hired to kill people. If he kills an innocent, he dies as well.
Townsperson - No special abilities.
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson

Village Idiot - He can choose any person to cast a lynch vote on, but his vote will always count towards the person with the most lynch votes.

Serial Killer - Can choose one person to kill each night. Wins if they are the last one standing.
Jester - Their goal is to get lynched. Once they get lynched, 2 random people who voted for them die. If they kill another third party this way, they become a normal townsperson. Wins if they kill the last two remaining players.
Hobo - They are each their own third party. If they receive a loan, they become a townsperson, but cannot use the loan unless they are given a second one. It is possible for a hobo to win if they never get a loan and they are the only players remaining.
Hobo
Hobo

If you are given a loan, you can hire the Vigilante to kill somebody. You must choose a person for the Vigilante to kill in order to use your loan, and you must be sure of the Vigilante's identity (i.e. Vigilante claims to you). If you are unsure of who you want the Vigilante to kill, you can tell them to choose their own target.
Another interesting concept.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab

Postby underFlo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:44 am

TNTtimelord wrote:
Nickname wrote:Hypnotist

Yeah, I thought making him red was enough to tell.
Is the hypnotist on the mafia side?
im a girl yo

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:02 am

Criminal: Can either choose to kill someone every night or turn him into his accomplice at night.

Accomplice: A player who was painted purple but still has his old abilities. When lynched/killed the other players may mistake him for being the criminal.

The goal of a game like this would be to kill the criminal. The accomplices do not know who the criminal is nor do they know they are an accomplice.
Join this great chill forum here: http://forums.krazynet.net

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Postby Sancles-Chan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:31 am

M7 - Make it Rain

Capacity - 30

Mafioso - Each night, they decide on one person to kill.
Mafioso
Mafioso
Mafioso
Mafioso
Sympathetic Mafioso
- Initially, they are in the Mafia. However, once the Mafia kills 5 people, he has a 50% chance of dying and a 50% chance of turning into a townsperson.

Sheriff - Can inspect one person each night to learn their color.
Deputy - If the Sheriff dies, they assume his role and his color.
Doctor - Can choose one person to protect each night. If that person is targeted, the visitor's role will be nullified.
Nurse - If the Doctor dies, they assume his role and color.
Bank Teller - Each day, they can choose one person to give a loan. That person will be notified of their loan.
Vigilante - Can be hired to kill people. If he kills an innocent, he dies as well.
Townsperson - No special abilities.
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson

Village Idiot - He can choose any person to cast a lynch vote on, but his vote will always count towards the person with the most lynch votes.

Serial Killer - Can choose one person to kill each night. Wins if they are the last one standing.
Jester - Their goal is to get lynched. Once they get lynched, 2 random people who voted for them die. If they kill another third party this way, they become a normal townsperson. Wins if they kill the last two remaining players.
Hobo - They are each their own third party. If they receive a loan, they become a townsperson, but cannot use the loan unless they are given a second one. It is possible for a hobo to win if they never get a loan and they are the only players remaining.
Hobo
Hobo

If you are given a loan, you can hire the Vigilante to kill somebody. You must choose a person for the Vigilante to kill in order to use your loan, and you must be sure of the Vigilante's identity (i.e. Vigilante claims to you). If you are unsure of who you want the Vigilante to kill, you can tell them to choose their own target.
Edit: Whoops Wrong Button.

If the vigilante claims to you that means he trusts you, and probably wouldn't need a loan to make him kill somebody. Which makes the bank teller 99% useless

Also the village idiot is just an unfun role to be, And it shouldn't exist.
Last edited by Sancles-Chan on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:35 am

The game doesn't have to be realistic, lol.

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:22 am

Here's another Mafia idea i had:

M7: The Hijacking

This is a Mafia game that takes place on a plane that is being terrorized by a mysterious Hijacker. Consider it like a Mafia version of that "Nonstop" movie.

Capacity: 20 players

Game play mechanics:
This is a card-flip game. Colors are revealed on death or inspection.
The day/night cycle is replaced with an "hour" cycle, where passengers can send in lynch votes each hour, and killing roles can choose who to kill each hour.
This is a ballot-box game, but slightly different than a normal ballot-box. "Lynch" votes are privately sent to the Host, who will then PM a character called the Agent the following message:

You have consent to kill [insert name(s) here] this hour.

This Agent requires the consent of 10 passengers to be allowed to kill someone, minus one for each death (ie: should two people be dead, the Agent only needs the consent of 8 people to kill).

Roles:
The Hijackers
Hijacker: The man in charge of the hijacking. He and his accomplices decide who to kill each "hour." After 10 hours, if this character is still alive, and the Pilot is dead, he will crash the plane and the Hijackers win. Only he can crash the plane, however.
Accomplice: Helps the Hijacker in his actions, but he does NOT have to be alive for the Hijacker to crash the plane.
Accomplice: Helps the Hijacker in his actions, but he does NOT have to be alive for the Hijacker to crash the plane.
Winning Conditions: To crash the plane without there being any survivors, or to be the last ones standing.

The Passengers
Pilot: Operates the plane. If he dies, and the Hijacker is still alive, the Hijacker can crash the plane on the 10th hour.
Doctor: Can choose to protect someone each hour. If the chosen person dies, he will be revived. Has one self-heal.
Security Guard: Can inspect a person each hour and learn their color.
Waiter/Waitress: Learns who used an ability for each hour after the hour.
Agent: Can choose who to kill each hour, but only if he gets consent from his fellow passengers. If he dies, his role and color are passed on to a random passenger, and so on until there are no more regular passengers left (in the event that happens, the passengers pretty much lose).
Passenger: Has no special abilities. Can choose who to lynch each hour.
Stowaway: A regular passenger that card-flips red.
Winning Conditions: The plane cannot crash, nor can the Third Parties be alive. Therefore, they need to kill the Hijackers before the 10th hour. If they are the last ones standing, but the plane is inevitably going to crash, everyone loses.
Third Parties
Murderer: Can choose who to kill each hour. If he and the pilot are the last ones standing, he wins (because if the Pilot is dead, but the Hijacker isn't, the Murderer will go down with the plane and lose).
Parachutist: He is aligned with the town, but if he is the last one standing, even if the Pilot dies, he will win (because he has a parachute).

Other Notes:
If the plane is going to crash on the 10th hour, the following message will be displayed:

The plane is crashing! You have only an hour to live, so make sure to use your ability one last time if you need to.
The "hours" in this game are much longer than an actual, real-life hour.

If I've missed anything, or something is horribly unbalanced, let me know.
Steam:
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:33 am

M7: "Don't talk to Strangers"
Mafia
Mafioso: Chooses one person with the other Mafiosos every night to kill at night.
Mafioso: Chooses one person with the other Mafiosos every night to kill at night.
Electrician: Can make someone unvisitable at night.
Vengeful Mafioso: When he dies, he can choose any player to die with him.

Town
Sheriff: Can inspect one player each night for his cardflip color.
Doctor: Can choose to heal someone every night if that player gets killed.
Townsperson: A player with no special abilities
Miller: A townsperson with a red cardflip color.
Millwrong: A townsperson with a purple cardflip color.

Third Parties
Criminal: Can either choose to kill someone every night or turn him into his accomplice at night.
Accomplice: A player who was painted purple but still has his old abilities.
Bounty Hunter: For every Mafia or Criminal/Accomplice he kills every night, he gets to know any random player's role.

Rules
-For the Town to win, they must kill all Mafia and Third Parties.
-For the Mafia to win, they must kill the Town and Third Parties.
-For the Criminal and Accomplices to win, they must be the last ones standing and/or have converted everyone to an Accomplice.
-For the Bounty Hunter to win, he must be the last one standing.
-An Accomplice knows who the criminal and other Accomplices are.
-The Criminal knows who all the Accomplices are.
-Once someone has been converted to an Accomplice, his new goal is to be the last team standing and use his previous ability if any to help the Accomplices win.
-If a Criminal tries to convert a Mafioso, he will get killed.
-If the Criminal dies, the first Accomplice chosen by the previous criminal gets to be the new criminal. But, this can't happen until two night phases after the previous criminal has been killed has passed.
-If the Electrician visits the Criminal using his ability one night, then the Criminal won't be able to convert anyone that night.
-The Bounty Hunter does not know who the other Third Parties are.
Join this great chill forum here: http://forums.krazynet.net

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Postby Sancles-Chan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:26 pm

KoolKat wrote:The game doesn't have to be realistic, lol.
I wasn't talking about realism...
She/Her

DatDude
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby DatDude » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:57 am

PaperPlayerX wrote:Here's another Mafia idea i had:

M7: The Hijacking

This is a Mafia game that takes place on a plane that is being terrorized by a mysterious Hijacker. Consider it like a Mafia version of that "Nonstop" movie.

Capacity: 20 players

Game play mechanics:
This is a card-flip game. Colors are revealed on death or inspection.
The day/night cycle is replaced with an "hour" cycle, where passengers can send in lynch votes each hour, and killing roles can choose who to kill each hour.
This is a ballot-box game, but slightly different than a normal ballot-box. "Lynch" votes are privately sent to the Host, who will then PM a character called the Agent the following message:

You have consent to kill [insert name(s) here] this hour.

This Agent requires the consent of 10 passengers to be allowed to kill someone, minus one for each death (ie: should two people be dead, the Agent only needs the consent of 8 people to kill).

Roles:
The Hijackers
Hijacker: The man in charge of the hijacking. He and his accomplices decide who to kill each "hour." After 10 hours, if this character is still alive, and the Pilot is dead, he will crash the plane and the Hijackers win. Only he can crash the plane, however.
Winning Conditions: To crash the plane without there being any survivors, or to be the last ones standing.

The Passengers
Pilot: Operates the plane. If he dies, and the Hijacker is still alive, the Hijacker can crash the plane on the 10th hour.
Doctor: Can choose to protect someone each hour. If the chosen person dies, he will be revived. Has one self-heal.
Security Guard: Can inspect a person each hour and learn their color.
Waiter/Waitress: Learns who used an ability for each hour after the hour.
Agent: Can choose who to kill each hour, but only if he gets consent from his fellow passengers. If he dies, his role and color are passed on to a random passenger, and so on until there are no more regular passengers left (in the event that happens, the passengers pretty much lose).
Stowaway: A regular passenger that card-flips red.
Winning Conditions: The plane cannot crash, nor can the Third Parties be alive. Therefore, they need to kill the Hijackers before the 10th hour. If they are the last ones standing, but the plane is inevitably going to crash, everyone loses.
Third Parties
Murderer: Can choose who to kill each hour. If he and the pilot are the last ones standing, he wins (because if the Pilot is dead, but the Hijacker isn't, the Murderer will go down with the plane and lose).
Parachutist: He is aligned with the town, but if he is the last one standing, even if the Pilot dies, he will win (because he has a parachute).

Other Notes:
If the plane is going to crash on the 10th hour, the following message will be displayed:

The plane is crashing! You have only an hour to live, so make sure to use your ability one last time if you need to.
The "hours" in this game are much longer than an actual, real-life hour.

If I've missed anything, or something is horribly unbalanced, let me know.
You watch "Nonstop" too? High-five! That movie was AWESUM.
My Project:
I support these peeps.

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:22 am

M7 - The Cruise
(Somewhat similar to The Ship, a pretty nice game)

-Murderers-
Mastermind: Leader of the murderers. Can choose any player to kill each night. He is also immune to nightkills.
Murderer: Can kill a player once per night.
Murderer: Can kill a player once per night.
Winning Conditions: All Crew players are killed, OR all Crew and Passenger players are killed.

-Crew-
Captain: Can host a second lynching during the day. Knows the identities of the Security Officers.
Security Officer: Prevents the death of a player once per night.
Security Officer: Prevents the death of a player once per night
Doctor: Can heal any player he chooses at night if that player dies.
Undercover Agent: Can choose to kill or inspect any player at night. If he kills an innocent, he loses his ability for one night.
Steward/Stewardess: Knows the name of a player that visits another player once per night.

-Passengers-
Passenger: A normal player with no special abilities. They vote each day to get someone lynched.
Passenger: A normal player with no special abilities. They vote each day to get someone lynched.
Suspicious Passenger: A normal passenger that cardflips red.
Last edited by Danny on Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Return to “Mafia”