Mafia Discussion

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
HeroOfRhyme
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Re: Mafia Discussion

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:26 pm

Joey wrote:The signup thread will be posted tomorrow. Like I said, though, I won't be reserving any spots.
Dude, that's only a day away from when we get net. Tomorrow i Monday and we get it back Tuesday, or we should. Seriously, can't you just reserve my spot? That wouldnt be fair if i couldnt make it because of internet disconnection..
[08:20:23] <SleepyKitty> AeroMatter, typing /ignore *!*@* will let you block curtain people CTCP'ing you
[08:20:32] <SleepyKitty> so for an example
[08:20:36] <Marinite> curtain
[08:20:40] <Apex> curtain
[08:20:43] <AeroMatter> curtain

Hi Yuki

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:43 pm

If I do it for you, I have to do it for everyone that asks. If I do it for everyone that asks, people get mad at me. I tried that already. Not to mention the game will start tonight and I can't have a player be inactive until Tuesday.

HeroOfRhyme
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Joey wrote:If I do it for you, I have to do it for everyone that asks. If I do it for everyone that asks, people get mad at me. I tried that already. Not to mention the game will start tonight and I can't have a player be inactive until Tuesday.
I told ya i can do stuff daily, but only at certain times.
[08:20:23] <SleepyKitty> AeroMatter, typing /ignore *!*@* will let you block curtain people CTCP'ing you
[08:20:32] <SleepyKitty> so for an example
[08:20:36] <Marinite> curtain
[08:20:40] <Apex> curtain
[08:20:43] <AeroMatter> curtain

Hi Yuki

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:15 pm

I have a little suggestion: Why not add "Signup" and "Finished Game" subforums? That might make the mafia board easier to navigate. Of course, I have no experience with running a forum and I don't know if you can put subforums inside of subforums.

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:06 pm

^
I believe you can put subforums inside subforums. It seems to me, though, that it would just make navigating the forum more complex. I might support once there are a larger number of games happening at once though.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

Neovolnutt
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Neovolnutt » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:50 pm

Oh, I didn't realize that this forum had Mafia! I'd love to take part in the next game, I used to play this all the time.

Hey! I'm Neovolnutt, but you can just call me Neo (or Volnutt if you prefer)!

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:14 pm

SO! I plan to host a Mafia game once M3 is done. Here is the list I came up with.

M4: "A Little Secret"
20 Players - Cardflip

Godfather (Mafia, appears Green)
Mafioso
Mafioso

Agent (Mafia, tracks who visited a targeted player and who the targeted player visited.)
Sheriff
Lookout (Tracks who visited a targeted player that night.)
Doctor
Doctor
Vigilante

Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie

Miller
Serial Killer
Survivor (Neutral. Can protect himself for one night the entire game. His goal is to survive until the end, no matter which side wins.)

What do you think?
Living explosives, prone to destroying themselves along with their enemies with their powerful "Self-Destruct." Bombs take the rage built up by being attacked and transform it into energy. This, in turn, makes them grow, sometimes to incredible sizes.

~<3 TNT

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:49 pm

Looks pretty good to me. What do you mean by "visited" though? Is that like, if you track the doctor, for example, you learn who they protected?
Love and Tolerance FTW!!

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:51 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:Looks pretty good to me. What do you mean by "visited" though? Is that like, if you track the doctor, for example, you learn who they protected?
Think of visited in the context of a house. If the SK goes to kill a Townie, he goes to his house to do it.

In laymen's terms, its who performed an action on the targeted player, and who the targeted player performed an action on (if any).
Living explosives, prone to destroying themselves along with their enemies with their powerful "Self-Destruct." Bombs take the rage built up by being attacked and transform it into energy. This, in turn, makes them grow, sometimes to incredible sizes.

~<3 TNT

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:53 pm

Yeah, that was what i thought you meant. Thanks for the clarification.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!

- a spam account 2016

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:46 pm

Bomber57 wrote:
Pseudo-dino wrote:Looks pretty good to me. What do you mean by "visited" though? Is that like, if you track the doctor, for example, you learn who they protected?
Think of visited in the context of a house. If the SK goes to kill a Townie, he goes to his house to do it.

In laymen's terms, its who performed an action on the targeted player, and who the targeted player performed an action on (if any).
I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this, because I guarantee you the serial killer would not last long if the lookout has this much visibility to what a role like the serial killer does. This rule may apply to the mafia as well.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:54 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:
Bomber57 wrote:

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this, because I guarantee you the serial killer would not last long if the lookout has this much visibility to what a role like the serial killer does. This rule may apply to the mafia as well.
Yes, but it also works on roles such as Sheriff. The Lookout could see that the Sheriff visited his target that night when the Sheriff goes to inspect that target, and get him lynched in the day thinking he is the SK.

They don't see what the player did, they only see if they did anything, or with the agent, both see if they did anything and/or if anything was done to them.

~<3 TNT

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:25 pm

Bomber57 wrote:Yes, but it also works on roles such as Sheriff. The Lookout could see that the Sheriff visited his target that night when the Sheriff goes to inspect that target, and get him lynched in the day thinking he is the SK.

They don't see what the player did, they only see if they did anything, or with the agent, both see if they did anything and/or if anything was done to them.
It still feels flawed, as this shows the player could easily take out the serial killer, but also accidentally take out the Sheriff as well. I'd suggest that the lookout could choose a random player to spy on.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:55 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:
Bomber57 wrote:Yes, but it also works on roles such as Sheriff. The Lookout could see that the Sheriff visited his target that night when the Sheriff goes to inspect that target, and get him lynched in the day thinking he is the SK.

It still feels flawed, as this shows the player could easily take out the serial killer, but also accidentally take out the Sheriff as well. I'd suggest that the lookout could choose a random player to spy on.
That's how it works in Mafia on SC2 and it's pretty balanced.

It'll work out. If it doesn't, then I will be able to take note and refine my setups in the future.

~<3 TNT

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:37 pm

Found a cool tool for anyone interested in hosting:
http://adv-random-gen.sourceforge.net/r ... /index.php

It is a random role generator, to eliminate bias for Roles.
I'll be honest, I'm not sure If I'm gonna come back here...

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:43 pm

I always use random.org.

Megar
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Megar » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:52 am

gg assassin
i even had a target ready for you
disgusting

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:08 am

Joey wrote:I always use random.org.
Ah, Well I just posted it since it was a tool made for mafia, but people can(and should) use whatever works for them.

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:16 pm

Here is a role I came up with before the attack:

Role:Mysterious Stranger
Spoiler: show
Players will not be told this role is in the game when it starts, However; When A certain number of players have been eliminated, the sub will be contacted with this message:

quote=Game Master
You are the Mysterious Stranger Do you wish to take the role of a Mafia , Townsperson/Special(It is up to the GM Which one is presented), or a Serial Killer?

After he picks an alliance, at the next Cycle change he will Join the game with a "Player X Has Walked into town" message. He will have a specific role and will act accordingly to it, upon death, his color will correspond to his alliance(Or Not if he is miller/Millwright) but when inspected, all that will come up is Purple.
Just in case anyone wants to make a game with it.

Magna
Banned
Current Project: Soon to be announced! (When PGE releases an engine that is)

Postby Magna » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:00 pm

I got a role:
Bartender

He is part of the Mafia's team, and the he can pretend to be a doctor as he is painted blue, it's like someone comes into the bartender's bar and the guy tells him some top-secret things and the bartender can use this to his advantage to tell the rest of the mafia.

I didn't fully develop the character just yet.
Join this great chill forum here: http://forums.krazynet.net

Return to “Mafia”