Mafia Discussion

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Magna
Banned
Current Project: Soon to be announced! (When PGE releases an engine that is)

Re: Mafia Discussion

Postby Magna » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:43 pm

Or another entry from me:

Mafia 6: "Boiling Point"
-Mafia-
Godfather: Leader of the Mafia. Can choose any player to kill each night. He is also immune to nightkills.
Propagandist: Can spread "propaganda" each night that will be shown to everyone by the host the next day phase. It will be a fake host message made by him.
Negotiator: Can paint any players color once per night. That player that got painted dies with his new painted color.

-Town-
Sheriff: Can inspect any player each night. His color will be revealed to the sheriff only.
Night Officer: Can be alert at night and check any player every night and see if anyone attempted to do something to this player.
Medic: Can heal any player he chooses at night if that player dies. Has only one self heal.
Vigilante: Can choose to kill any player at night. If he kills an innocent, he loses his ability for one night.
Townsperson: A normal player with no special abilities. They vote each day to get someone lynched.
Townsperson: A normal player with no special abilities. They vote each day to get someone lynched.
Miller: A normal townsperson that cardflips red.
Millwright: A normal townsperson that cardflips yellow.
Millrong: A normal townsperson that cardflips purple.

-Rioters-
Rioter: Doesn't like the way the government treats its citizens. They will all decide each night one person to kill. If they kill an innocent, then one of their roles is revealed to the anti-rioters.
Rioter: Doesn't like the way the government treats its citizens. They will all decide each night one person to kill. If they kill an innocent, then one of their roles is revealed to the anti-rioters.

-Anti-Rioters-
Anti-Rioter: A government agent to calm down the rioters. They will all decide each night one person to kill. If they kill an innocent, then one of their roles is revealed to the rioters.
Anti-Rioter: A government agent to calm down the rioters. They will all decide each night one person to kill. If they kill an innocent, then one of their roles is revealed to the rioters.

Breakdown:
This may seem confusing with all these different groups but let me make it simple.
The town is:
Town

The warring are:
Rioters
Anti-Rioters

The mafia is:
Mafia

Winning the game:
Mafia wins if there are an equal or less amount of Townspeople, Rioters, and Anti-rioters remaining as Mafia.
The Town win if all Mafia are killed.
The Rioters win if the Mafia and Anti-Rioters are dead.
The Anti-Rioters win if the Mafia and Anti-Rioters are dead.

Rules:
-Mafia knows who the other. Mafiosi are.
-Rioters/Anti-rioters know who the other Rioters/Anti-rioters are.
-The town doesn't know who the other townspeople are.
-A propagandist cannot make a "propaganda" of someone getting killed. Any other type of "propaganda" besides someone getting killed and is possible in-game is allowed.
-If the night officer is alert and checks on the godfather, the night officer gets killed.
-One spokesperson from both the rioters and anti-rioters (the spokesperson can be chosen by each group every night) will PM the host of who they'd like to kill that night.
-If a vigilante kills an innocent, he loses his ability for one night. If a rioter or anti-rioter kills an innocent, one of their members roles gets revealed to the enemy group the next day.
-An innocent is anyone from the Town group.
Last edited by Magna on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Join this great chill forum here: http://forums.krazynet.net

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:48 pm

PaperPlayerX wrote:
Joey wrote:
Pseudo-dino wrote:- Mafia wins if serial killer is dead and the number of townspeople remaining is equal to or lesser than the number of mafia members remaining.
- Town wins if serial killer and mafia is dead.
- Serial Killer wins if s/he's the last player standing.
PSA: This part is assumed, guys!!! You only need to specify it if you're changing it.

Game looks good, Pseudo. Having Masons be a different color is cool but that also means they'll be easier to track.
He could fix this by allowing the Witch to paint people any color.
The witch is on the town's side, why would s/he be able to paint? That would only make things more confusing for the rest of the town, I think. The whole point of the witch is that s/he's a fake Godfather, s/he is identical in every way except for his/her allegiance.

I might change the masons to green, but I feel like they should be trackable to some extent. What do you think, people?
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:10 pm

By the way, Pseudo-dino. Your Freemason idea gave me the rioters and anti-rioters idea in my game.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Oh thanks, but the Freemasons are a fairly standard Mafia concept, not my own idea.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Did I say Witch? I meant...umm...whatever the painting person was.

Edit: The artist! Sorry I mixed up the two.
Steam:
Spoiler: show
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Blue Dread wrote:Or another entry from me:

-Mafia-
Godfather: Leader of the Mafia. Can choose any player to kill each night. He is also immune to nightkills.
Propagandist: Can spread "propaganda" each night that will be shown to everyone by the host the next day phase. It will be a fake host message made by him.
Negotiator: Can paint any players color once per night. That player that got painted dies with his new painted color.

-Town-
Sheriff: Can inspect any player each night. His color will be revealed to the sheriff only.
Night Officer: Can be alert at night and check any player every night and see if anyone attempted to do something to this player.
Medic: Can heal any player he chooses at night if that player dies. Has only one self heal.
Vigilante: Can choose to kill any player at night. If he kills an innocent, he loses his ability for one night.

-Rioters-

-Anti-Rioters-

Breakdown:
This may seem confusing with all these different groups but let me make it simple.
The town is:
Town

The warring are:
Rioters
Anti-Rioters

The mafia is:
Mafia

Winning the game:
Mafia wins if there are an equal or less amount of Townspeople, Rioters, and Anti-rioters remaining as Mafia.

Rules:
-A propagandist cannot make a "propaganda" of someone getting killed. Any other type of "propaganda" besides someone getting killed and is possible in-game is allowed.
-If the night officer is alert and checks on the godfather, the night officer gets killed.
-One spokesperson from both the rioters and anti-rioters (the spokesperson can be chosen by each group every night) will PM the host of who they'd like to kill that night.
-If a vigilante kills an innocent, he loses his ability for one night. If a rioter or anti-rioter kills an innocent, one of their members roles gets revealed to the enemy group the next day.
Wow, is this a hybrid of the Factions and Mafia vs Townspeople? Damn, dude, this looks incredibly fun but also complicated.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:36 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:
Blue Dread wrote:Or another entry from me:

-Mafia-

-Town-

-Rioters-

-Anti-Rioters-

Breakdown:
The town is:
Town

The warring are:
Rioters
Anti-Rioters

The mafia is:
Mafia

Winning the game:

Rules:
Wow, is this a hybrid of the Factions and Mafia vs Townspeople? Damn, dude, this looks incredibly fun but also complicated.
Glad you like it, and there are a few things I need to fix to make this fully playable and 100% awesome.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:10 pm

I'd add some more players to it too. Right now, it's 4 kills per night, so the game would go pretty quickly.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:19 pm

I would add a few more townspeople, Blue Dread. Game looks really interesting and would be perfect for a BIG GAME (tm), but how do we differentiate between the alignment of the Rioters and Anti-Rioters? Since the Anti-Rioters are the government, would the two parties be solely against eachother or would the Anti-Rioters also be trying to stop the Mafia? Is it okay for either party to form alliances with the townspeople?

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 am

Joey wrote:I would add a few more townspeople, Blue Dread. Game looks really interesting and would be perfect for a BIG GAME (tm), but how do we differentiate between the alignment of the Rioters and Anti-Rioters? Since the Anti-Rioters are the government, would the two parties be solely against eachother or would the Anti-Rioters also be trying to stop the Mafia? Is it okay for either party to form alliances with the townspeople?
I will add more people. And read the breakdown section. It says that in order for the Rioters to win they have to defeat all the anti-rioters AND Mafia and vice versa with the anti-rioters. The Mafia is the general enemy but rioters and anti-rioters have their own opposite enemies as well.

Also I wanted to mention that the Town and the rioters/anti-rioters can interact with each other, too. They can ask each other for help or bribes or even as the doctor to watch one of the rioters/anti-rioters for example. Some of the town members might even know info on the opposite team. And yeah, alliances can be made between town and rioters/anti-rioters. There are some connections between the town and the rioters/anti-rioters but they just aren't enemies with each other.
Last edited by Magna on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:35 am

And here is my game with a couple more townies, making a total of 25 peeps.
Or another entry from me:

-Mafia-

-Town-

-Rioters-

-Anti-Rioters-

Breakdown:
The town is:
Town

The warring are:
Rioters
Anti-Rioters

The mafia is:
Mafia

Winning the game:

Rules:

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: resident cat
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy

Postby zioy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:25 pm

I made 2 games. One is fairly standard but the other one is better!
M6 – Colorful Catastrophe

Capacity – 20

Godfather – Leader of the Mafia, cardflips green. Is immune to nightkills.
Mafioso – Can decide, along with the other Mafiosos, who to kill each night.
Mafioso
Artistic Mafioso – Paints whoever the Mafia kills. Can choose any color, even if it’s not part of the game. Also known as the artist.

Sheriff – Can inspect one person (or dead body) each night. This ability is affected by the artist and painter.
Doctor – Can heal one person each night if they die. Can self-heal until it works.
Vigilante – Has one kill each night. If his victim is blue or green, he loses this ability. This is affected by the artist.
Janitor – Can “clean” one person each night and reset them to their original color. This can also be done to dead bodies.

Townsperson – Basic role. Must submit a lynch vote each day.
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Jailer – Normal townsperson, cannot be painted.

Miller – Normal townsperson, cardflips red.
Painter – Can paint people and dead bodies either red, yellow, green, or blue. They can also paint themself. Mostly used to conceal blues.
Millwright – Normal townsperson, cardflips yellow.
Conductor – Normal townsperson, cardflips blue.
M6 – Mafia is Fun

Capacity – 15

Godfather – Leader of the Mafia. Gets one kill each night. Cardflips blue.
Mafioso – Can influence the Godfather’s decision on who to kill. If the Godfather dies, they receive the killing role.
Mafioso

Sheriff – Can choose one player to inspect each night.
Doctor – Can choose one person to “heal” each night. If that person gets nightkilled, they will survive.
Judge – Can choose one person to lynch each day. This will be separate from the normal lynch. He does get a vote in the normal lynch as well.

Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson

Miller

Serial Killer – Chooses one person to kill each night. Wins if they are the last one standing.

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:28 pm

KoolKat wrote:I made 2 games. One is fairly standard but the other one is better!
M6 – Colorful Catastrophe

Capacity – 20

Godfather – Leader of the Mafia, cardflips green. Is immune to nightkills.
Mafioso – Can decide, along with the other Mafiosos, who to kill each night.
Mafioso
Artistic Mafioso – Paints whoever the Mafia kills. Can choose any color, even if it’s not part of the game. Also known as the artist.

Sheriff – Can inspect one person (or dead body) each night. This ability is affected by the artist and painter.
Doctor – Can heal one person each night if they die. Can self-heal until it works.
Vigilante – Has one kill each night. If his victim is blue or green, he loses this ability. This is affected by the artist.
Janitor – Can “clean” one person each night and reset them to their original color. This can also be done to dead bodies.

Townsperson – Basic role. Must submit a lynch vote each day.
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Jailer – Normal townsperson, cannot be painted.

Miller – Normal townsperson, cardflips red.
Painter – Can paint people and dead bodies either red, yellow, green, or blue. They can also paint themself. Mostly used to conceal blues.
Millwright – Normal townsperson, cardflips yellow.
Conductor – Normal townsperson, cardflips blue.
M6 – Mafia is Fun

Capacity – 15

Godfather – Leader of the Mafia. Gets one kill each night. Cardflips blue.
Mafioso – Can influence the Godfather’s decision on who to kill. If the Godfather dies, they receive the killing role.
Mafioso

Sheriff – Can choose one player to inspect each night.
Doctor – Can choose one person to “heal” each night. If that person gets nightkilled, they will survive.
Judge – Can choose one person to lynch each day. This will be separate from the normal lynch. He does get a vote in the normal lynch as well.

Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson

Miller

Serial Killer – Chooses one person to kill each night. Wins if they are the last one standing.
KoolKat, it's a good game but it's nothing spectacular. Also what is the point of the millwright if no one else cardlflips yellow?

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Blue Dread wrote:KoolKat, it's a good game but it's nothing spectacular. Also what is the point of the millwright if no one else cardlflips yellow?
You forgot about the Painter and Artist. They can paint people yellow to make them seem like the Millwright.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:30 pm

^
Yes, but there's still nothing significant about being yellow. There's no fundamental difference between being green and yellow since the Millwright's only trait is being yellow. They're usually supposed to be a fake serial killer.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!

- a spam account 2016

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:39 am

Actually, having a Millwright would make him automatically an alliance leader upon seering. However, we have painters so that gets nullified unless all the painters are dead. The ability to paint yellow can be used to hide someone's role, though.

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:55 am

Just so everyone knows, in my game, if either all the rioters die or if all the anti-rioters die, then the mafia gets to know one random town role. So in that case, the town HAS to protect and help out the rioters and antis.

HeroOfRhyme
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Blue Dread wrote:Just so everyone knows, in my game, if either all the rioters die or if all the anti-rioters die, then the mafia gets to know one random town role. So in that case, the town HAS to protect and help out the rioters and antis.
thats stupid, but doable
[08:20:23] <SleepyKitty> AeroMatter, typing /ignore *!*@* will let you block curtain people CTCP'ing you
[08:20:32] <SleepyKitty> so for an example
[08:20:36] <Marinite> curtain
[08:20:40] <Apex> curtain
[08:20:43] <AeroMatter> curtain

Hi Yuki

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:38 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:^
Yes, but there's still nothing significant about being yellow. There's no fundamental difference between being green and yellow since the Millwright's only trait is being yellow. They're usually supposed to be a fake serial killer.
It let's the artist get creative. Also, if all players were painted green, what's the point of being green?

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:02 pm

KoolKat wrote:
Pseudo-dino wrote:^
It let's the artist get creative. Also, if all players were painted green, what's the point of being green?
What if the artist decides not to not paint anyone yellow? There has to be at least one more yellow.

Return to “Mafia”