M7: Mafiafia - Day 5

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Magna
Banned
Current Project: Soon to be announced! (When PGE releases an engine that is)

Re: M7: Mafiafia

Postby Magna » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:22 am

qig wrote:I'm not missing the point of your alliance, your changing the point of the alliance after getting called out about it.
It never changed, but I'm saying IF we were to have some Mafia members in our alliance, then we would have to decide whether to do what I said, or kick them out until the game ends. We never had a scenario where we had a Mafioso in our alliance so we never have had reason to kill members in our group because of the need of a clear winner. But if we would get a Mafioso in our group, I'd most likely keep him but he wouldn't be able to tell anyone about us.
Join this great chill forum here: http://forums.krazynet.net

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:30 am

Blue Bomber wrote:
qig wrote:I'm not missing the point of your alliance, your changing the point of the alliance after getting called out about it.
It never changed, but I'm saying IF we were to have some Mafia members in our alliance, then we would have to decide whether to do what I said, or kick them out until the game ends. We never had a scenario where we had a Mafioso in our alliance so we never have had reason to kill members in our group because of the need of a clear winner. But if we would get a Mafioso in our group, I'd most likely keep him but he wouldn't be able to tell anyone about us.
If a Mafioso gets in and you tell him your roles that'd be suicide because keep in mind, his main goal is to lill the town, ans that's more important then an alliance.
im a girl yo

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:32 am

Yeah but he would swear under our code of honor that he wouldn't expose us and we wouldn't expose him. But if he promised, and one of us happens to die the next day, we will know who may have killed him. So we tell everyone his role and everyone will lynch him.

underFlo
Mario
Mario

Postby underFlo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:34 am

Blue Bomber wrote:Yeah but he would swear under our code of honor that he wouldn't expose us and we wouldn't expose him. But if he promised, and one of us happens to die the next day, we will know who may have killed him. So we tell everyone his role and everyone will lynch him.
He'll know a lot of roles he can tell the other mafia players though.
im a girl yo

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:36 am

True, but he may tell us a lot too.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:45 am

During M5, I can absolutely confirm that the group existed for the town's benefit, mainly since all of its members were town (you can easily prove this by looking at the role list for M5). It's possible that Blue changed the group's purpose this time of course, but during M5 the group was a town alliance from the start until the end.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

underFlo
Mario
Mario

Postby underFlo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:29 am

Blue Bomber wrote:True, but he may tell us a lot too.
Why would he tell you the truth? If he got all your roles, he can just tell them the other mafia and done.
im a girl yo

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Postby Aristo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:35 am

>first night
>>7 pages

will you guys ever learn

also i would appreciate if some people would stop always being like "yes I'm totally a townsperson I'm 100% on your side" since 1. that makes you super suspicious 2. only confuses people and in the end another townsperson gets lynched simply bc they're too stupid to watch out for themselves

another thing concerning the irc channel

i would really like if we could maybe NOT do that, since there are people like Gohan who always leak the rolls and people like Bomber who then proceed to tell everyone

this just ruins the fun of the game and makes it boring for all of us, both townspeople and mafia

i know you guys want to win but at least try to be fair and stick to the useful rolls

another thing i noticed in the last few games was that essentially all special roles were hiding all the time

yes, telling someone might risk getting you killed, but you need to risk SOMETHING to win this game

i remember one game where the sheriff posted a lynch vote and then got lynched bc people suspected he was the mafia, only to THEN much later turn out to be the sheriff when the game was p much already lost
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raster
Banned
Current Project: The Invasion 3

Postby Raster » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:49 am

Seriously guys? I can't keep up with this thread at this rate. Tone it down on the useless posting and focus on the game.

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:19 am

KoolKat wrote:
Blue Bomber wrote:
This whole thing seems extremely suspicious.
Come on man. :(

I was gonna give you immunity and now you kick me in the nuts.

I don't know, the whole thing feels legitimate to me. I'm not getting any weird vibes from Blue Bomber, but revealing the name of a secret IRC channel is a bit on the suspicious side. It could be a fake PM, though. That's the information I'm getting right now.

My current suspicion list:
1. PaperPlayerX
I'm getting a weird vibe from him that I don't like. He's being oddly quiet.
2. qig
It seems like you're trying to force the information into the public by posting a possibly fake PM.
3. Blue Bomber
It's possible that the PM was real, in which case you may be trying to trick people like in M4.[/quote]

I'm not very active during weekdays. School.
Steam:
Spoiler: show
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

underFlo
Mario
Mario

Postby underFlo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:24 am

PaperPlayerX wrote:
KoolKat wrote:
Blue Bomber wrote:
This whole thing seems extremely suspicious.
Come on man. :(

I was gonna give you immunity and now you kick me in the nuts.

I don't know, the whole thing feels legitimate to me. I'm not getting any weird vibes from Blue Bomber, but revealing the name of a secret IRC channel is a bit on the suspicious side. It could be a fake PM, though. That's the information I'm getting right now.

My current suspicion list:
1. PaperPlayerX
I'm getting a weird vibe from him that I don't like. He's being oddly quiet.
2. qig
It seems like you're trying to force the information into the public by posting a possibly fake PM.
3. Blue Bomber
It's possible that the PM was real, in which case you may be trying to trick people like in M4.
I'm not very active during weekdays. School.[/quote]

You might have fucked up the quotes, I also think that KoolKat's and Blue Bombr's names are wrong, they didn't say that.

Also, I don't really see how PaperPlayerX is suspicious.
im a girl yo

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: this field COULD be geniunely useful if I didn't h

Postby Sancles-Chan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:50 am

jesus christ guys, i go to sleep and wake up to 7 pages of alliance talk...
World-Renowned Pancake Girl

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:09 am

Maybe KoolKat is starting more bandwagons? My suspicion is lowered for the two, but I still do not trust it. If it worked out in M5, fine. But it is all luck based, Mafia who go there could easily get everyone's role and kill off the town one by one. Also, as I said before, Blue and KoolKat could be using this chatroom to get user's roles. Whatever the case may be, I wouldn't trust giving out my role to someone who I can't trust, especially when it's only Night 1, and we do not have any other leads yet.

underFlo
Mario
Mario

Postby underFlo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:57 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Maybe KoolKat is starting more bandwagons? My suspicion is lowered for the two, but I still do not trust it. If it worked out in M5, fine. But it is all luck based, Mafia who go there could easily get everyone's role and kill off the town one by one. Also, as I said before, Blue and KoolKat could be using this chatroom to get user's roles. Whatever the case may be, I wouldn't trust giving out my role to someone who I can't trust, especially when it's only Night 1, and we do not have any other leads yet.
Exactly. Alliances should be made because of trust, and to me it looks like Blue just picked some experienced players (especially since it's still Night 1). As I said, if one of them is Mafia, all the others on the irc are fucked.
im a girl yo

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:01 am

In my defense, it was KoolKat's idea to PM all these people to ask them to join us.

Murphmario
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Murphmario » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:56 am

So, anyone have a plan to kill the mafia?

If you want to talk, PM me.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Nothing is coming on Christmas. Why? Because I missed my past promises and should stop putting release dates on my stuff.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:11 am

Funny, why didn't you mention that way before, Blue? Your PM was really descriptive, not to mention you being the one who made the chatroom. KoolKat only said "join our secret chatroom" and that was it. I don't see how it was KoolKat's idea.

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: this field COULD be geniunely useful if I didn't h

Postby Sancles-Chan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:20 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Funny, why didn't you mention that way before, Blue? Your PM was really descriptive, not to mention you being the one who made the chatroom. KoolKat only said "join our secret chatroom" and that was it. I don't see how it was KoolKat's idea.
Actually, there is a possibility. Lemme explain:
so before this we had another secret channel, we switched for some reason, don't ask me i'm uninformed on this, but in the pm which told me that we switched he sent it to everyone except koolkat. Which tells me that koolkat and blue were talking about it
World-Renowned Pancake Girl

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:44 am

Well me and KoolKat were talking about our initial moves in the game, and he told me to PM experienced players to ask to join us and claim their roles to us, but I made the PMs in the way I wanted to. It was his idea but I made myself sound suspicious in the PMs.

If you want to talk about this, ask KoolKat, he is the ring leader of the operation. I owned the channel, but he is the mastermind.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:54 am

Again, you mentioned none of this beforehand. Why didn't you say any of this when people first gained suspicions of you? Now, all of a sudden, you're putting it all on KoolKat. The whole recruiting experienced players thing just doesn't seem right. If anything, wouldn't the experienced players be skilled enough to fend for thereselves?

Return to “Mafia”