SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
ArduinoPlatypus
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Something...

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby ArduinoPlatypus » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:52 am

They need more time and less problems. I'm sure they're doing what they can.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gameinsky
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Gameinsky » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:22 am

I'm happy for you that things have gone better again,
You found my hidden signature... OH NO!

lotus006
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby lotus006 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:16 pm

Horikawa Otane wrote:There has been a lot of drama lately (people who subscribe to my channel will know what I'm talking about). It's on hold until at least May 7th or so when papers are done. Then I can pump the update out in a day or two.
Oh sorry about that didnt see this :( but I hope everything will be ok and well to soon for you :P
In that time I will try to create some stuff in the side for maybe the 2.0 or standalone then :P

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:07 pm

Excuse me please but no one answered my question about why it's only warps that have had their limit increased. And sorry about your house Horikawa even though I can't donate.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:49 am

FanofSMBX wrote:Excuse me please but no one answered my question about why it's only warps that have had their limit increased. And sorry about your house Horikawa even though I can't donate.
Because that's what Red managed to do???

We have plans to extend the NPC array, but that stuff is really quite complex so it takes a lot of time to do.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:09 am

How similar are the physics in the PGE Engine to that of the Redigit's SMBX? Will levels requiring really exact movements, such as Kaizo levels still be compatible? Will all of the glitches from Redigit's SMBX still be usable?

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:14 am

PixelPest wrote:How similar are the physics in the PGE Engine to that of the Redigit's SMBX? Will levels requiring really exact movements, such as Kaizo levels still be compatible? Will all of the glitches from Redigit's SMBX still be usable?
You can try out yourself by downloading PGE from its official site. It's stil wip so you can't expect it to be exactly like SMBX yet.

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:17 am

h2643 wrote:
PixelPest wrote:How similar are the physics in the PGE Engine to that of the Redigit's SMBX? Will levels requiring really exact movements, such as Kaizo levels still be compatible? Will all of the glitches from Redigit's SMBX still be usable?
You can try out yourself by downloading PGE from its official site. It's stil wip so you can't expect it to be exactly like SMBX yet.
But are the intentions to make it exactly the same?

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby h2643 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:18 am

...yes, for now. Wohlstand will add new stuff to it once he'll finish recreating SMBX engine first iirc.

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:55 pm

h2643 wrote:...yes, for now. Wohlstand will add new stuff to it once he'll finish recreating SMBX engine first iirc.
This is basically true to the best of my knowledge. Wohl wants to try to ensure 100% compatibility with vanilla levels and as high as possible with LunaLua levels. That's my understanding anyway.

Waroh
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Waroh » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:31 am

Hey, Horikawa. I sent you a PM a few days ago. It's regarding something in the update. Did you receive it?

Anthony Valle
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Legend of the Golden Shrooms

Postby Anthony Valle » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:16 pm

Horikawa Otane wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:Excuse me please but no one answered my question about why it's only warps that have had their limit increased. And sorry about your house Horikawa even though I can't donate.

We have plans to extend the NPC array, but that stuff is really quite complex so it takes a lot of time to do.
The NPCs limit will be increased? Possibilities of new NPCs created without replacing the existing ones?
Read your bible everyday guys!
I support SMBX 1.3.0.1
I support Platformer Game Engine (PGE) by Wolhstand
I support Lunalua by Kevsoft
I support SMBX 2.0 by Horikawa Otane

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Projects In support:

Geometry Dash profile:

Clash of Clans profile:

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby h2643 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:40 pm

Anthony Valle wrote:Possibilities of new NPCs created without replacing the existing ones?
You already can do that :/

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:54 pm

h2643 wrote:
Anthony Valle wrote:Possibilities of new NPCs created without replacing the existing ones?
You already can do that :/
Only to a certain extent though

Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:24 pm

Anthony Valle wrote: The NPCs limit will be increased? Possibilities of new NPCs created without replacing the existing ones?
That's not quite the same thing. Increasing the limit of the NPC array simply means you can have more NPCs in a level before SMBX complains about it.

Work on adding new NPCs without replacing existing ones is underway as far as I'm aware, and it it sort of possible now with some limitations.

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:40 am

Waroh wrote:Hey, Horikawa. I sent you a PM a few days ago. It's regarding something in the update. Did you receive it?
Just replied.
Anthony Valle wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:

The NPCs limit will be increased? Possibilities of new NPCs created without replacing the existing ones?
In general that's the goal. However, the way we need to do it is... Tricky. That's still in flux. Basically, there will be a ton of NPC slots dedicated to 2.0 dev - but anything beyond that will be accessible to people who want to design their own NPCs with Lua. Eventually I'd like to get full (or nearly full) 1.4.x support in 2.0 and so we'll need to recreate a bunch of their new NPCs in LunaLua and assign them to NPC slots.

But that NPC extension thing won't be happening until mid-late May (if not June) at a MINIMUM.

lotus006
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby lotus006 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:52 am

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Waroh wrote:Hey, Horikawa. I sent you a PM a few days ago. It's regarding something in the update. Did you receive it?
Just replied.
Anthony Valle wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:

In general that's the goal. However, the way we need to do it is... Tricky. That's still in flux. Basically, there will be a ton of NPC slots dedicated to 2.0 dev - but anything beyond that will be accessible to people who want to design their own NPCs with Lua. Eventually I'd like to get full (or nearly full) 1.4.x support in 2.0 and so we'll need to recreate a bunch of their new NPCs in LunaLua and assign them to NPC slots.

But that NPC extension thing won't be happening until mid-late May (if not June) at a MINIMUM.
Why so much postpone release date ? you should ask to kevsoft or Joey to make/ help those update Instead of one person who can
just relase it... , or else just say it's on hold until no one know ?

So the Lunalua Update is done no more update also after the 0.7.3 ?
because I wait to do some too much stuff because of this until the 2.0 will update to be not deprecated already...

Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:07 am

lotus006 wrote: Why so much postpone release date ? you should ask to kevsoft or Joey to make/ help those update Instead of one person who can
Work is still being done on it, and it's not just Horikawa working on it, there are a lot of people putting their time into it.

And "on hold" means something different - that means it's not being worked on, but will be in the future. 2.0 IS being worked on, there have just been a number of things causing delays beyond the expected release. Just be patient.

fireflower30
Rex
Rex
Current Project: Beyond the Mushroom Kingdom, Boss Rush (99% done)

Postby fireflower30 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:05 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
lotus006 wrote: Why so much postpone release date ? you should ask to kevsoft or Joey to make/ help those update Instead of one person who can
Work is still being done on it, and it's not just Horikawa working on it, there are a lot of people putting their time into it.

And "on hold" means something different - that means it's not being worked on, but will be in the future. 2.0 IS being worked on, there have just been a number of things causing delays beyond the expected release. Just be patient.
Man... there will be a lot of 2.0s this year. SMBX, FNAF World,
The Meta Knightmare Returns bosses
"I know you have been afraid before, but you don't have to be anymore"

Is it a minority to like Evangelion 3.0?

lotus006
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby lotus006 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:07 pm

Hoeloe wrote:

I find this weird Joey and Kevsoft dont be actif alot in the forum to interact with us about the update, all is left is to Horikawa on what I see :S
fireflower30 wrote: Man... there will be a lot of 2.0s this year. SMBX, FNAF World,
Yeah I know but on what we have seen sooner about the update It was the Lakitu shop but I was be able to do it in less a day... I hope they will be more complex stuff integrated...

Return to “Events and Announcements”