SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
S1eth
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:44 am

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby S1eth » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:41 am

Natsu wrote:Are there going to be preset features? Like, instead of putting / writing a piece of code that has been done already there's an option to auto-create the lunadll file with all those lines of code? It would really be great if say we could implement the Starman in an instant.
All you have to do to have a working starman is type: (and copy the NPC graphics into your level folder)

Code: Select all

local starman = API.load("starman")
But in the next Beta release of SMBX 2.0, starman specifically is going to be its own NPC that you can place from inside the PGE editor, without needing to write any lua code at all.

Quite a few scripts have been packaged in handy lua files, which you can load with a single line of code (see above).
http://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/Category:Lun ... _libraries
Last edited by S1eth on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3055
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:40 pm
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby Fuyu » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:42 am

S1eth wrote:But in the next Beta release of SMBX 2.0, starman specifically is going to be it's own NPC that you can place from the PGE inside the PGE editor, without needing to write any lua code at all.
Pretty close to what I was referring to. Thanks.
Image

User avatar
Quantumenace
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:17 am

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby Quantumenace » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:00 am

migueeel wrote:
Quantumenace wrote:We need impressive stuff to show off so this version can get some attention back from 1.4.2.

Some of the modules (especially ones for custom NPCs) only require pasting a single line into a file.
Engines have their limits. You can't just add and add without ever reaching a top that you have to modify.
What? Where did I say anything to the contrary?

Isn't there currently an effort to run SMBX in Platform Game Engine? Hopefully that will make things more flexible, but if everyone puts all their effort into 1.4.2 (which will likely still be incompatible due to different physics) it could keep the base split long-term.

User avatar
fireflower30
Rex
Rex
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:24 pm
Current Project: Beyond the Mushroom Kingdom, Boss Rush (99% done)
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby fireflower30 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:05 pm

FINNALLY managed to get 2.0 on Windows 10. Chrome's your best friend if you are experiencing problems with Mega.nz on Edge or Firefox.
"I know you have been afraid before, but you don't have to be anymore"

Is it a minority to like Evangelion 3.0?

User avatar
migueeel
Rex
Rex
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:09 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby migueeel » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:12 am

Quantumenace wrote:
migueeel wrote:
Quantumenace wrote:We need impressive stuff to show off so this version can get some attention back from 1.4.2.

Some of the modules (especially ones for custom NPCs) only require pasting a single line into a file.
Engines have their limits. You can't just add and add without ever reaching a top that you have to modify.
What? Where did I say anything to the contrary?

Isn't there currently an effort to run SMBX in Platform Game Engine? Hopefully that will make things more flexible, but if everyone puts all their effort into 1.4.2 (which will likely still be incompatible due to different physics) it could keep the base split long-term.
Well, you said "Some of the modules require pasting a single line into a file". You don't know all the problems a bit more of code can cause.
I was there when Link was added, SMBX 2 was announced (it was a joke, including stuff that you'd play as Redigit, you'd have to pay for it, etc), when those two admins banned like half the community...

I'm using the same avatar as back then.

User avatar
FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3882
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby FanofSMBX » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:09 pm

Is Redigit still collaborating on this project?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!


PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7116
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby PixelPest » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:13 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:Is Redigit still collaborating on this project?
I don't think he ever really was. He was suggesting handing off the source code at one point, but I haven't heard from him personally or from others who were in contact with him since about a week after we were discussing that

User avatar
migueeel
Rex
Rex
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:09 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby migueeel » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:45 pm

Redigit's like a damn ghost, we don't even hear about Terraria Otherworld.
I was there when Link was added, SMBX 2 was announced (it was a joke, including stuff that you'd play as Redigit, you'd have to pay for it, etc), when those two admins banned like half the community...

I'm using the same avatar as back then.

User avatar
ArduinoPlatypus
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:42 pm
Current Project: Something...

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby ArduinoPlatypus » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:50 pm

migueeel wrote:Redigit's like a damn ghost, we don't even hear about Terraria Otherworld.
Well Terraria has just been updated.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3444
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby HeroLinik » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:52 am

millahjovich wrote:It's happening...
It's time for me to take this baby for a spin.
Well, thanks for copying my post.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

ben
Rex
Rex
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby ben » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Today I have tried to start "SMBX 2.0 Open Beta".

After the click on "Play Episode" and on "Launch Legacy Editor" appeared the following error message:
"Using GDI renderer, so some advanced LunaDLL effects may not be present in some levels. Could not use OpenGL Renderer because: Missing EXT_blend_minmax"
I use Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.

Can someone help me please?

Nerx
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:57 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby Nerx » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:05 pm

ben wrote:Today I have tried to start "SMBX 2.0 Open Beta".

After the click on "Play Episode" and on "Launch Legacy Editor" appeared the following error message:
"Using GDI renderer, so some advanced LunaDLL effects may not be present in some levels. Could not use OpenGL Renderer because: Missing EXT_blend_minmax"
I use Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.

Can someone help me please?
Just click OK and you'll be fine most of the time. You won't be able to use some cool graphics effects because your graphics card can't support it
Hey there! :D

ben
Rex
Rex
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby ben » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:21 pm

Nerx wrote:
ben wrote:Today I have tried to start "SMBX 2.0 Open Beta".

After the click on "Play Episode" and on "Launch Legacy Editor" appeared the following error message:
"Using GDI renderer, so some advanced LunaDLL effects may not be present in some levels. Could not use OpenGL Renderer because: Missing EXT_blend_minmax"
I use Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.

Can someone help me please?
Just click OK and you'll be fine most of the time. You won't be able to use some cool graphics effects because your graphics card can't support it

If I click "OK", the game nevertheless does not start. :(

User avatar
Prado
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 am

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby Prado » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:48 am

About Redigit:

USER STATISTICS
Joined:Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:47 pm
Last active:Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:04 am
Total posts:0(0.00% of all posts / 0.00 posts per day)

He lived only 1 week in this place. He came here only to create false hope.
Discord server to play SMBX online via Parsec!

https://discord.gg/FftYYMv

User avatar
h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:23 am
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby h2643 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:38 am

And that's for the better.
Last edited by h2643 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby Mable » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:41 am

Prado wrote:About Redigit:

USER STATISTICS
Joined:Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:47 pm
Last active:Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:04 am
Total posts:0(0.00% of all posts / 0.00 posts per day)

He lived only 1 week in this place. He came here only to create false hope.
He will be back when Joey made the Announcement

But we don't need him actually.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8546
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby Enjl » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:56 am

Tinkerbell wrote:He will be back when Joey made the Announcement
Joey said he didn't hear from Redigit since the day he joined here. Don't count on any announcements.
The ABC of Creation
________________________________________________________
Image

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby Mable » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:26 am

That's the joke it will never happen therefore he will never come back.

User avatar
Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3055
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:40 pm
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby Fuyu » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:57 am

You all worry too much about all of this Redigit/SMBX 2.0 thing. If we happen to have SMBX 2.0 all the better, but for now we already have two semi-functional engines, which are, PGE and SMBX 2.0 Beta + SMBX with LunaLua for testing. Just give Horikawa some time ok, the creation of an engine is by all means NOT natural, even less when you consider the limitations SMBX presents. And of course there's what we all call as real life, so please try to be a bit patient here. As for the whole Redigit, the same applies here. If we happen to get Redigit to join, which by the way I highly doubt, all the better, but again, for now, we already have two semi-functional engines.

So again, just be patient.
Image

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8546
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby Enjl » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:00 am

Natsu wrote:PGE and SMBX 2.0 Beta + SMBX with LunaLua for testing.
You can test in PGE since 0.3.10
The ABC of Creation
________________________________________________________
Image


Return to “Events and Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests