SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
migueeel
Rex
Rex

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby migueeel » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:59 am

lotus006 wrote:
TheDinoKing432 wrote:
migueeel wrote:Wasn't 1.4.2 dead or something? Like they weren't supporting it anymore? Besides this one has LUA integration which for itself has a lot of potential.

If instead of burying this project you guys let it grow, it'll outshine 1.4.2 and any other updates.
1.4.2 is still alive, it's just not supported in this forum, as it's an unofficial updated, but it's supported in the PGE forum. While it doesn't suppport LunaLua it has Teascript, which has less feature than LunaLua.
So we need probably let die small at small Smbx 2.0 and support more 1.4.2 if it's going to have more support now with Teascript and LunaLua at least they are more alive than 2.0 :?
You're one hell of a toxic person, if you like 1.4.2 so much, go support them instead of coming here to screw us.
You're not even giving this version a chance "because there's already another version".
I was there when Link was added, SMBX 2 was announced (it was a joke, including stuff that you'd play as Redigit, you'd have to pay for it, etc), when those two admins banned like half the community...

I'm using the same avatar as back then.

Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:06 am

I won't deny that I didn't help things by leaving some things unfinished (like parts of Snake) and then taking on a bunch of new things that pushed SMBX 2.0 dev right down to the bottom of my personal priorities, so I apologise to Horikawa and everyone else involved for that. There is still work I'd like to do with 2.0, but I'm not sure when it'll be plausible to do it.

lotus006
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby lotus006 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:40 am

Hoeloe wrote:I won't deny that I didn't help things by leaving some things unfinished (like parts of Snake) and then taking on a bunch of new things that pushed SMBX 2.0 dev right down to the bottom of my personal priorities, so I apologise to Horikawa and everyone else involved for that. There is still work I'd like to do with 2.0, but I'm not sure when it'll be plausible to do it.
same for me , i will probably see with the next update to give it chance, but the persons who work on the project is not very very active on the forum like other games who are very actif even if there are in work.
wait and see, probably i will change my mind.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:43 am

Most of the 2.0 team consist of talkhausers so it makes sense that they won't post much here.
im a girl yo

danilo_scala
Goomba
Goomba

Postby danilo_scala » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:06 am

thanks for this great work and share,, keep this friend

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:59 pm

So I finally got around to testing these characters and I have 1 minor complaint.
They're too specific, you could never go through a run of Invasion 2 with Zelda or Bomber Man because the levels aren't designed around them. As where you could play as any of the OG characters with no problem.
This really destroys some of the flexibility the game is known for. Think about it, what's the point of 8 characters if only one of them can be used in your level?

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:04 pm

Artemis008 wrote:So I finally got around to testing these characters and I have 1 minor complaint.
They're too specific, you could never go through a run of Invasion 2 with Zelda or Bomber Man because the levels aren't designed around them. As where you could play as any of the OG characters with no problem.
This really destroys some of the flexibility the game is known for. Think about it, what's the point of 8 characters if only one of them can be used in your level?
Yeah what's up with literally every smbx episode only allowing up to 2 characters because the other three/four would break the levels?
It doesn't take from the game's flexibility. It adds to it by allowing designers to stray away from designing around 2 marios and 3 other characters which nobody ever uses.
The ABC of Creation

Fennor
Rex
Rex

Postby Fennor » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:43 pm

I also think some of the new characters take away from the old characters' unique abilities. Luigi was always the character who can jump very high, Zelda is now outshining him in that aspect, while also providing other very useful features. So I guess they are more like "bonus" characters or some sort of "unlockables", not something I would use as default characters in an episode, since I would want them to be balanced.

migueeel
Rex
Rex

Postby migueeel » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:12 pm

I think the idea of unlockable characters could be fun. You can play the game as intended, and then in a weird way :D
I was there when Link was added, SMBX 2 was announced (it was a joke, including stuff that you'd play as Redigit, you'd have to pay for it, etc), when those two admins banned like half the community...

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:25 pm

I think what people are forgetting is that a lot of the new characters are made to have levels made specifcally for them, not necessarily be played 24/7 and usable in all levels

xXTEMFLAKESXx
Spiny
Spiny

Postby xXTEMFLAKESXx » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:14 am

so umm when or is 2.1 or whatever its called coming out?
Secrets are in spoilers!
Howdy! I'm Flowey The Flower! I'm here to tell you that Undertale has a lot of secrets! ;) Image
like undertale? try this on roblox! http://www.roblox.com/games/335976609/B ... =110312688
like pokemon? battle with others on roblox! http://www.roblox.com/games/115390858/P ... =110312688
want to play games DanTDM plays? well here is his profile! http://www.roblox.com/users/86623883/pr ... =110312688
pick a number
1:
2:
3:

migueeel
Rex
Rex

Postby migueeel » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:19 am

PixelPest wrote:I think what people are forgetting is that a lot of the new characters are made to have levels made specifcally for them, not necessarily be played 24/7 and usable in all levels
Yeah, I know. But Link, for example, is a whole different character that can work in a normal mario level.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:22 am

migueeel wrote:
PixelPest wrote:I think what people are forgetting is that a lot of the new characters are made to have levels made specifcally for them, not necessarily be played 24/7 and usable in all levels
Yeah, I know. But Link, for example, is a whole different character that can work in a normal mario level.
We don't need more of the same type of characters. New characters like these are supposed to peak interest in new level designs based on their strengths and weaknesses

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:23 am

migueeel wrote:
Tbh this is only the case because nobody ever uses anything which makes Mario special, such as Yoshi.
If you look at it the other way, Mario is not able to beat levels designed around Link.
The ABC of Creation

migueeel
Rex
Rex

Postby migueeel » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:56 pm

Well, it's up to the mapmakers. If you want to make a Mario only game that is all SMB1, you can. If you want Link shooting beams into Bowser's face, you can. If you want to ride a black yoshi as peach, you can!

All you need is to balance things!

Enchlore
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Enchlore » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:45 pm

migueeel wrote:If you want to ride a black yoshi as peach, you can!
Actually you can't with default configurations. Only Mario and Luigi can ride Yoshis.

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:15 pm

Fennor wrote:I also think some of the new characters take away from the old characters' unique abilities. Luigi was always the character who can jump very high, Zelda is now outshining him in that aspect, while also providing other very useful features. So I guess they are more like "bonus" characters or some sort of "unlockables", not something I would use as default characters in an episode, since I would want them to be balanced.
I mean, feel free to do this haha. It's easy to do in the new beta as well since blocks are placeable. Just have like a hut somewhere that takes varying stars to get to specific character blocks and they're now unlockable extras.

migueeel
Rex
Rex

Postby migueeel » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:26 am

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Fennor wrote:I also think some of the new characters take away from the old characters' unique abilities. Luigi was always the character who can jump very high, Zelda is now outshining him in that aspect, while also providing other very useful features. So I guess they are more like "bonus" characters or some sort of "unlockables", not something I would use as default characters in an episode, since I would want them to be balanced.
I mean, feel free to do this haha. It's easy to do in the new beta as well since blocks are placeable. Just have like a hut somewhere that takes varying stars to get to specific character blocks and they're now unlockable extras.
Exactly what I thought. Star-locked doors that lead to character swapping blocks :D

xXTEMFLAKESXx
Spiny
Spiny

Postby xXTEMFLAKESXx » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:56 am

DJ_yoshiok wrote:so umm when or is 2.1 or whatever its called coming out?
Secrets are in spoilers!
Howdy! I'm Flowey The Flower! I'm here to tell you that Undertale has a lot of secrets! ;) Image
like undertale? try this on roblox! http://www.roblox.com/games/335976609/B ... =110312688
like pokemon? battle with others on roblox! http://www.roblox.com/games/115390858/P ... =110312688
want to play games DanTDM plays? well here is his profile! http://www.roblox.com/users/86623883/pr ... =110312688
pick a number
1:
2:
3:

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL