SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Quantix
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby Quantix » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:19 pm

All I need is pretty much most of the missing NPCs from Super Mario World.
viewtopic.php?f=69&p=286856#p286855

Generic Quote Collection:
Spoiler: show
Skant wrote:The egg will fuck you if you don't catch it
rockythechao wrote:f6 is an over-the-counter generic run-of-the-mill store-brand bootleg knockoff f5
some people wrote:The021stYoshiFromThe021stCentury: Who would win, a tophat wearing a tophat, or hoeloe wearing hoeloe?
Hoeloe: yes
glitch4: f6
rockythecomet: that's a trick question
rockythecomet: a top hat wearing a hoeloe
Waffles & Stuff (timocomlita) wrote:No matter what you do, it's impossible to get rid of the impossible.
Petrifying wrote:Piss off with your sex doll SMBX 2.0
Enjl wrote:it puts a twist on classic 4 step level design which i like to call "2 and a half steps backwards design"

Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: :)
Chat Username: SetaYoshi

Postby Yoshi021 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:50 pm

Since there are character blocks that only disappear once you are a specific character, how about character blocks that only become solid when you are a specific character.
"Going to University is FUN!"
DOWNLOAD THE SMBX LEVEL PLAYER
CHECK OUT MY NPC PACK

Join the SMBX Episode Project Discord Server

Join the SMBX 38A Discord!

Join the CodeHaus Discord!

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:52 pm

Enchlore wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:Since we're already working on the subsystems to make new NPCs for THIS release, the beta AFTER the upcoming one shouldn't take nearly as long to get out. At least I hope.
How many betas before SMBX 2.0 is considered full? From what I understood before it was just a matter of stabilizing what was already made, but now you seem to be focusing on new content before calling it a full game. Just asking because I didn't quite grasp all of it.
The exact gameplan for full release isn't set in stone. But we want to add a lot of new content and get it all stabilised before releasing the full version. Ideally I'd like near parity in feature-richness to 1.4.x. Not saying we'll add more powerups (no plans for that as of yet mostly due to gfx requirements and asm hacking priorities) but I'd like at least as many NPCs.

Enchlore
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Enchlore » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:06 pm

Alright, that seems fair. Good luck then.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Enchlore wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:Since we're already working on the subsystems to make new NPCs for THIS release, the beta AFTER the upcoming one shouldn't take nearly as long to get out. At least I hope.
How many betas before SMBX 2.0 is considered full? From what I understood before it was just a matter of stabilizing what was already made, but now you seem to be focusing on new content before calling it a full game. Just asking because I didn't quite grasp all of it.
The exact gameplan for full release isn't set in stone. But we want to add a lot of new content and get it all stabilised before releasing the full version. Ideally I'd like near parity in feature-richness to 1.4.x. Not saying we'll add more powerups (no plans for that as of yet mostly due to gfx requirements and asm hacking priorities) but I'd like at least as many NPCs.
My question to that, is what about people who used NPC's 292-300 in a level before SMBX 2.0 was even decided? (Sednauir's episode, and my CC12 level). I am sure others have also done stuff with those "dummy npcs" as well.

ImageImageImage

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Postby Murphmario » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:22 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:
Enchlore wrote: How many betas before SMBX 2.0 is considered full? From what I understood before it was just a matter of stabilizing what was already made, but now you seem to be focusing on new content before calling it a full game. Just asking because I didn't quite grasp all of it.
My question to that, is what about people who used NPC's 292-300 in a level before SMBX 2.0 was even decided? (Sednauir's episode, and my CC12 level). I am sure others have also done stuff with those "dummy npcs" as well.
Blocks are also being replaced as well, which is troublesome to those who use the Expanded pack.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:32 pm

Murphmario wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:
Blocks are also being replaced as well, which is troublesome to those who use the Expanded pack.
Not much we can do. However, we do plan to implement a 'free zone' to allow for user-replaced NPCs once we expand the array finally. It'll be at the very end.

What I can do is write an automatic translation script - double click it and it'll convert your existing levels to work with the expanded array. But I can't write that until we've expanded the array.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:23 pm

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Murphmario wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote: My question to that, is what about people who used NPC's 292-300 in a level before SMBX 2.0 was even decided? (Sednauir's episode, and my CC12 level). I am sure others have also done stuff with those "dummy npcs" as well.
Not much we can do. However, we do plan to implement a 'free zone' to allow for user-replaced NPCs once we expand the array finally. It'll be at the very end.

What I can do is write an automatic translation script - double click it and it'll convert your existing levels to work with the expanded array. But I can't write that until we've expanded the array.
I wonder how it will affect people who downloaded an episode that had that happen to. (The CCE from Community Contest 12 has my level and I am sure their are others who did that. I wonder if those free tiles, levels, sceneries, and paths will be affected by this as well as those background objects...

ImageImageImage

Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:20 pm

I've posted a poll about a colour palette change I proposed for 2.0. Horikawa isn't convinced and would like some community feedback before committing to any changes to the base game.

http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 69&t=15748

EDIT: Whoops, accidentally put that in the LunaLua subforum. I've reposted it in the General forum and updated the link, so please revote there if you already voted.

Anthony Valle
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Legend of the Golden Shrooms

Postby Anthony Valle » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:02 am

I request the missing bosses from SMB2 (Fryguy and Tryclyde) and SMB3 (the rest of the Koopalings).
Ir a least some of them, if you want to...
Read your bible everyday guys!
I support SMBX 1.3.0.1
I support Platformer Game Engine (PGE) by Wolhstand
I support Lunalua by Kevsoft
I support SMBX 2.0 by Horikawa Otane

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Projects In support:

Geometry Dash profile:

Clash of Clans profile:

S1eth
Spiny
Spiny

Postby S1eth » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:44 am

Anthony Valle wrote:I request the missing bosses from SMB2 (Fryguy and Tryclyde) and SMB3 (the rest of the Koopalings).
Ir a least some of them, if you want to...
Good thing both Tryclyde and Fryguy have already been implemented in lua quite a while ago (not as part of 2.0), so you can use them right away in your levels.

http://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.ph ... 14#p305214
http://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.ph ... 69#p323069

If and when they'll be part of SMBX 2.0 I cannot tell.

Fennor
Rex
Rex

Postby Fennor » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:44 am

Monty mole would be cool. (I am surprised there is the big one in 1.3, but not the small ones)

-Can dig out of the floor (Maybe also out of the ceiling or walls on the left and right?)
-Can dig out of background walls (Or just anywhere, letting them spawn out of nowhere could still be useful with custom graphics)
-Is chasing the player with relatively low acceleration and a speed limit
-Does small jumps (randomly?)

icemario12
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: The art of getting good grades
Chat Username: iceyboi

Postby icemario12 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:01 pm

...Wow. From not being able to find the source code to this! Darn, I feel like I've been frozen for decades, and only now opening my eyes to the future. Last time I remember SMBX, LunaLua.dll was brand new, we only had annual levels contests, Donald Trump wasn't a big deal, and Knux was still alive.

HEY, THIS GAME SERIES IS FUN.

You could even say that...
it's li- gets kicked in the shin

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:00 pm

^
The source code still hasn't been released, just so you know. This is being developed with a combination of assembly code and LunaLua.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

icemario12
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: The art of getting good grades
Chat Username: iceyboi

Postby icemario12 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:45 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:^
The source code still hasn't been released, just so you know. This is being developed with a combination of assembly code and LunaLua.
Firstly, it's quite impressive the developers managed to do this without the source code.
Secondly, what. The source code hasn't been released yet. I understand Redigit is busy with working on Terraria, and his past with Nintendo but...can't he just grant a few hundred nerds' wishes? :cry:

HEY, THIS GAME SERIES IS FUN.

You could even say that...
it's li- gets kicked in the shin

Prado
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Prado » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:53 pm

Redigit makes no sense. Seriously.
Discord server to play SMBX online via Parsec!

https://discord.gg/FftYYMv

NightKawata
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Metanet Hunter -1
Chat Username: NightKawata

Postby NightKawata » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Prado wrote:Redigit makes no sense. Seriously.
You're right. He doesn't make sense.
He makes dollars.
Go play Metanet Hunter CD: http://store.steampowered.com/app/586570/
Go look at Metanet Hunter CD: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15229

Code: Select all

>mario isn't canon, when you die he faces the screen

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:34 am

Rockythechao of the 2.0 team (of CinematX/ParalX fame) has been working on our most requested feature...

Just gonna leave this here... (forgive his loud audio)

Probably won't be in THIS upcoming beta, but... Don't say we don't listen to you guys...

Ace

Postby Ace » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:44 am

Horikawa Otane wrote:Rockythechao of the 2.0 team (of CinematX/ParalX fame) has been working on our most requested feature...

Probably won't be in THIS upcoming beta, but... Don't say we don't listen to you guys...
Someone should make a video of frog suit mario picking up a starman and use that as the 2.0 trailer.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:17 am

Horikawa Otane wrote:Rockythechao of the 2.0 team (of CinematX/ParalX fame) has been working on our most requested feature...

I am actually quite impressed someone is making that, I do not know how to thank him, but at least I can do is this:

[quote"Rockythechao"]Ping[/quote]
Thank you.

ImageImageImage

Return to “Events and Announcements”