SMBX is now on Discord!

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Postby Danny » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:03 pm

Joey wrote:We don't need #media because we don't need a place where people can post irrelevant images that nobody responds to. If you have something you want to share, do so in #general as it's welcome there as long as you don't post a lot of large images.
Can I also vouch for the fact that #mafia is just being used in place of #media, and it's kind of unnecessary?
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:17 pm

They're doing it as a pointless protest to bring back the #media channel.

Come on guys, I think this community has proved time after time that breaking a certain rule in an attempt to protest said rule doesn't ever work.

GhostHawk
Mario
Mario
Flair: how to get a gf using LOGIC
Chat Username: Aero

Postby GhostHawk » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:19 pm

I don't know it seems to be working. People are migrating and the staffers seem upset. :/
*sip* Don't talk to me until I've had my morning coffee.

Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:59 pm

So the goal is just to make the staff upset?
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

GhostHawk
Mario
Mario

Postby GhostHawk » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:48 am

No? It seems like there's irritation now that people are disagreeing with the silly decision to remove the media channel, and it's not just being swept under the rug now that people are just leaving for better Discords for SMBX. Staffers being upset is just a reaction to that.

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:18 am

AeroMatter wrote:people are just leaving for better Discords for SMBX.
They are? I haven't really noticed, but there aren't that many servers for SMBX in the first place. If you'd like to give some examples, maybe that would help out a bit.
AeroMatter wrote:Staffers being upset is just a reaction to that.
I think they're upset because people are slamming down all of their pointless images into #mafia? Regardless of that, I haven't seen the staff too upset about anything except for when people are breaking the rules in protest.

GhostHawk
Mario
Mario

Postby GhostHawk » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:34 am

Syndrilevosse wrote:They are? I haven't really noticed, but there aren't that many servers for SMBX in the first place. If you'd like to give some examples, maybe that would help out a bit.
Voice chat is empty now and some people aren't talking there as much. You of all people should have noticed that.
Syndrilevosse wrote:I think they're upset because people are slamming down all of their pointless images into #mafia? Regardless of that, I haven't seen the staff too upset about anything except for when people are breaking the rules in protest.
What rule breaking? There's a few images in mafia but a lot of the other images are just what would have been in #media. Maybe #media served a purpose after all?????? Honestly at this point I expect the next move to be disabling embeds but I don't want to give them any more bright ideas.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Bombs away!
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki

Postby Cedur » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:34 am

You guys just had the urge of spamming pointless images in #mafia just to substantiate your protest to bring back #media. And this kind of images should not be posted in #general as well, because as said, it's pointless and spam. And if it happens that emoticons are notoriously spammed as well, removing them might indeed be a last resort.

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

GhostHawk
Mario
Mario

Postby GhostHawk » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:35 am

You said you got harassed right? From the last community you were in?

bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:27 am

I remember back then where we was in close of having voice moderators but since nowadays voice channels are rare on the use it won't be really that useful anymore. To be fair on Discord you have the ability to have volume control to any other users out there and you can mute them by your own so I think a voice moderator won't be needed anyway since all members have several control while being in a voice channel.

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:06 am

AeroMatter wrote:
Syndrilevosse wrote:They are? I haven't really noticed, but there aren't that many servers for SMBX in the first place. If you'd like to give some examples, maybe that would help out a bit.
Voice chat is empty now and some people aren't talking there as much. You of all people should have noticed that.
I meant give examples of other servers for SMBX. And how, of all people, should I have noticed the voice chat was dead? I barely use Discord, much less pay attention to who is in voice chat at any given point in time. If voice chat is dead, oh well? Discord is also a chat client, like IRC and Skype! What a neat feature to have!
AeroMatter wrote:
Syndrilevosse wrote:I think they're upset because people are slamming down all of their pointless images into #mafia? Regardless of that, I haven't seen the staff too upset about anything except for when people are breaking the rules in protest.
What rule breaking? There's a few images in mafia but a lot of the other images are just what would have been in #media. Maybe #media served a purpose after all??????
Please, give a good example of why #media had a purpose, other than spamming whatever images or shitty memes you find on the internet. Regardless if there are "few imageS" in #mafia (most of which have been deleted), the point stands that they shouldn't belong there in the first place, and from what I've heard when these images get posted and then removed, the perpetrators are asked not to do it again, but they still keep doing it.
AeroMatter wrote:Honestly at this point I expect the next move to be disabling embeds but I don't want to give them any more bright ideas.
Now you're just berating the staff. What's the big deal with the removal of #media anyway? The only people that have "left" are all of the people that just sat around in the server to spam random images in #media all day. The only images that really had any discussion brought up were ones related to SMBX for the most part, and those can just as easily be discussed in #general.
AeroMatter wrote:You said you got harassed right? From the last community you were in?
How is that relevant to what Supershroom said?

I see all these people opposing me... so instead of finding valued and intelligible comments about my opinion on why #media should come back, I'm just going to start changing the subject and start saying irrelevant things!

Egg
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Egg » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:20 am

most people use the Official Smbx server and the AED server for voice instead of Joey's server anyways

I believe in Super Mario as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Bombs away!
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki

Postby Cedur » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:37 am

Well, I also voted "bring media back" on the strawpoll but I now realize that nothing good would be done with bringing it back - I'd be just in favour of bringing it back for SMBX-related stuff (screenshots), and explicitely calling it "smbx-media" therefore, but I guess it can be dealt with having these in #general.

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:35 am

This announcement is not really needed anymore, so feel free to discuss chat-related stuff in the Site Discussion Thread.

Return to “Events and Announcements”