Page 6 of 6

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:03 pm
by Danny
Joey wrote:We don't need #media because we don't need a place where people can post irrelevant images that nobody responds to. If you have something you want to share, do so in #general as it's welcome there as long as you don't post a lot of large images.
Can I also vouch for the fact that #mafia is just being used in place of #media, and it's kind of unnecessary?

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:17 pm
by Zeldamaster12
They're doing it as a pointless protest to bring back the #media channel.

Come on guys, I think this community has proved time after time that breaking a certain rule in an attempt to protest said rule doesn't ever work.

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:19 pm
by Aero
I don't know it seems to be working. People are migrating and the staffers seem upset. :/

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:59 pm
by Pseudo
So the goal is just to make the staff upset?

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:48 am
by Aero
No? It seems like there's irritation now that people are disagreeing with the silly decision to remove the media channel, and it's not just being swept under the rug now that people are just leaving for better Discords for SMBX. Staffers being upset is just a reaction to that.

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:18 am
by Danny
AeroMatter wrote:people are just leaving for better Discords for SMBX.
They are? I haven't really noticed, but there aren't that many servers for SMBX in the first place. If you'd like to give some examples, maybe that would help out a bit.
AeroMatter wrote:Staffers being upset is just a reaction to that.
I think they're upset because people are slamming down all of their pointless images into #mafia? Regardless of that, I haven't seen the staff too upset about anything except for when people are breaking the rules in protest.

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:34 am
by Aero
Syndrilevosse wrote:They are? I haven't really noticed, but there aren't that many servers for SMBX in the first place. If you'd like to give some examples, maybe that would help out a bit.
Voice chat is empty now and some people aren't talking there as much. You of all people should have noticed that.
Syndrilevosse wrote:I think they're upset because people are slamming down all of their pointless images into #mafia? Regardless of that, I haven't seen the staff too upset about anything except for when people are breaking the rules in protest.
What rule breaking? There's a few images in mafia but a lot of the other images are just what would have been in #media. Maybe #media served a purpose after all?????? Honestly at this point I expect the next move to be disabling embeds but I don't want to give them any more bright ideas.

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:34 am
by Cedur
You guys just had the urge of spamming pointless images in #mafia just to substantiate your protest to bring back #media. And this kind of images should not be posted in #general as well, because as said, it's pointless and spam. And if it happens that emoticons are notoriously spammed as well, removing them might indeed be a last resort.

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:35 am
by Aero
You said you got harassed right? From the last community you were in?

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:27 am
by bossedit8
I remember back then where we was in close of having voice moderators but since nowadays voice channels are rare on the use it won't be really that useful anymore. To be fair on Discord you have the ability to have volume control to any other users out there and you can mute them by your own so I think a voice moderator won't be needed anyway since all members have several control while being in a voice channel.

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:06 am
by Danny
AeroMatter wrote:
Syndrilevosse wrote:They are? I haven't really noticed, but there aren't that many servers for SMBX in the first place. If you'd like to give some examples, maybe that would help out a bit.
Voice chat is empty now and some people aren't talking there as much. You of all people should have noticed that.
I meant give examples of other servers for SMBX. And how, of all people, should I have noticed the voice chat was dead? I barely use Discord, much less pay attention to who is in voice chat at any given point in time. If voice chat is dead, oh well? Discord is also a chat client, like IRC and Skype! What a neat feature to have!
AeroMatter wrote:
Syndrilevosse wrote:I think they're upset because people are slamming down all of their pointless images into #mafia? Regardless of that, I haven't seen the staff too upset about anything except for when people are breaking the rules in protest.
What rule breaking? There's a few images in mafia but a lot of the other images are just what would have been in #media. Maybe #media served a purpose after all??????
Please, give a good example of why #media had a purpose, other than spamming whatever images or shitty memes you find on the internet. Regardless if there are "few imageS" in #mafia (most of which have been deleted), the point stands that they shouldn't belong there in the first place, and from what I've heard when these images get posted and then removed, the perpetrators are asked not to do it again, but they still keep doing it.
AeroMatter wrote:Honestly at this point I expect the next move to be disabling embeds but I don't want to give them any more bright ideas.
Now you're just berating the staff. What's the big deal with the removal of #media anyway? The only people that have "left" are all of the people that just sat around in the server to spam random images in #media all day. The only images that really had any discussion brought up were ones related to SMBX for the most part, and those can just as easily be discussed in #general.
AeroMatter wrote:You said you got harassed right? From the last community you were in?
How is that relevant to what Supershroom said?

I see all these people opposing me... so instead of finding valued and intelligible comments about my opinion on why #media should come back, I'm just going to start changing the subject and start saying irrelevant things!

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:20 am
by Egg
most people use the Official Smbx server and the AED server for voice instead of Joey's server anyways

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:37 am
by Cedur
Well, I also voted "bring media back" on the strawpoll but I now realize that nothing good would be done with bringing it back - I'd be just in favour of bringing it back for SMBX-related stuff (screenshots), and explicitely calling it "smbx-media" therefore, but I guess it can be dealt with having these in #general.

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:35 am
by Shadow Yoshi
This announcement is not really needed anymore, so feel free to discuss chat-related stuff in the Site Discussion Thread.