Level Judge Application

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Circle Guy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: SMBXmix

Re: Level Judge Application

Postby Circle Guy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:06 am

oreomatter for level judge 2k16
Spoiler: show
Spinda wrote:
luigiman64 wrote:can you fart
yes if you use lunalua

Code: Select all

function onLoop()
    player:Fart()
end
HenryRichard wrote: necks are overrated
Camacho wrote:omg you must get all the spindas
AeroMatter wrote:づ✿o✿づ more spam for the spam god.
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... hilit=fart
the thread i don't want you to see

http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 52&t=12863
i don't even

Most posts in a row: 11 (by Tortus Bros)
i have 10,100 points

GhostHawk
Chat Username: Aero

Postby GhostHawk » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:05 pm

Okay that's not what he said Spinda, and that would be silly to believe. Flat out the reason is because I don't agree with the Level Judges system, and not that I've done anything wrong. The Level Judges are here to stay after everything that I've pointed out with them that has been done wrong fine? Fine. Might as well make it work. Oh, guess not. I mean there's already been abuses which I just got talking about again in the Site Discussion Thread, but there's no penalty there but fuck me if I point it out? I've been a global mod before, as you know, so I think I've already shown how I can handle a position responsibly.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Postby Cedur » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:41 am

It's not only about thinking if you could do well with local mod powers, but another issue is that you just have a very uncommon style about reviewing and judging levels accordingly. You should drop your attitude of "make reviews as short and blunt as possible".

Either way, I agree that something should be fixed about the Level Judges, as we've talked already in the chat. We should simply get a few more of them (since three is few indeed), and we should try to find a way of making the position more attractive.

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:18 am

As I've said, you can't spend time trashing something in front of the people who run it and then expect those people to let you join without question. Not how it works here, not how it works applying for a real job. That's the bottom line, and that's enough on this subject. Any further discussion about individual users' applications needs to be taken to PM with an administrator.

GhostHawk
Chat Username: Aero

Postby GhostHawk » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:40 pm

I was instructed in a PM to change the subject.

Earlier I made this thread which should become useful for apps, and improving reviews - check it out: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 05#p239217

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Postby Cedur » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:00 am

I'm starting to notice that the review queue is growing. Three level judges might indeed not be enough for this moment, and another application thread should be probably considered.

According to this - I agree to those who aren't fond with the requirement of sending own levels for application. It has not been a requirement before the system change, it's intimidating for those who aren't much into the SMBX engine but have judging experience with other engines, and as said above we've had a couple of high-skilled LJs who didn't design themselves. If you can send in quality reviews, you show that you're skilled of judging, no matter what your level design skill is - just like there's also professional gastronomy critics who don't cook themselves. Additionally to letting an applicant choose which levels he wants to review, maybe have a fixed set of levels that someone applying must review properly?

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:17 am

rip this thread?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

underFlo
Young Rydia
Young Rydia
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: Spinda

Postby underFlo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:24 am

Yes.
Formerly known as Spinda.

Return to “Events and Announcements”