Levels forum redesign and more

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Re: Levels forum redesign and more

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:33 am

So how is reviewing gonna work? Do the reviews actually mean anything now or are levels gonna be reviewed just to be reviewed?
AeroMatter wrote:This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Radiance » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:41 am

Yoshi021 wrote:There is a button at the top and at the bottom that says "POST REPLY".

Thanks! But I can't see the quick reply part. Does this means I can't do quick replies?
xDestroy wrote:
PixelPest wrote:like an undo button

The undo button is for the weak

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Postby Cedur » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:52 am

Just now seeing that all old projects are archived as well, will it be possible for the owners of current projects to have theirs moved back upon request, or even more, why not just archive all projects that ended up being cancelled or that haven't shown activity for a longer time? Furthermore, there is no such rule as "you need 3 levels to start a collection", right?

Mafia has been closed here, but we try to keep it living at MosaicMafia! New players are looked for right NOW!

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote:NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

Spinda
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: Spinda

Postby Spinda » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:16 am

Joey literally told you how to copy projects back in the OP of this post.

Also the dead projects will automatically stay archived now because nobody will bother to repost them.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:35 am

Just noticed that the Level Judges aren't set to moderate the Levels forum, even though they are set to moderate the Projects and Episodes forum. Was that intended, because it's pretty ironic?

I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.

Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:09 am

Updated the spoiler rule for Projects so that it encompasses large blocks of text and other things that take up a lot of the page.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:21 pm

I actually really like the new level forum redesign! It makes things less cluttered, and people Like Enjl and Tinkerbell create fun little bases where they post their levels!

I couldn't really find any changes in the Projects forum, aside from the new rules, but this is still a really nice redesign!

Also, is SMW3 Revenge Of Bowser actually going to be a thing?

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:25 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:Also, is SMW3 Revenge Of Bowser actually going to be a thing?

Probably not! Both of those screenshots were taken in 2010.

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:28 pm

Am I allowed to make a thread that only contains levels made by users who don't visit the forum anymore? It would be like MosaicMario's level index, except it would only contain archived levels made by users who haven't logged in for a while.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.

My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.

You autistic some people so much with that statement.

My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:46 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Am I allowed to make a thread that only contains levels made by users who don't visit the forum anymore? It would be like MosaicMario's level index, except it would only contain archived levels made by users who haven't logged in for a while.

What if the level download links are on Sendspace and they've expired, and you don't have the levels? Then you'll be pretty screwed.

I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.

Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

Yoshi021
Green Yoshi Egg
Green Yoshi Egg

Postby Yoshi021 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:30 pm

You can still edit/reply on the old levels forum.
Links: show
ImageImageImage

"Going to University is FUN!"

World Star 9
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: None (I have no Ideas)

Postby World Star 9 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:53 pm

I have a question: why are graphic requests no longer allowed?

Everything else is fine.
"To weird or not to weird, that is the odd question" - Oddliam Weirdspeare

I'm on NSMBX forums too!

Don't forget YouTube!:

Forever in repetition, the best adjective for the New Super Mario Bros. Series (I'm not saying that's a bad thing)

I Support:

PixelPest
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: Pix le Pest

Postby PixelPest » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:57 pm

World Star 9 wrote:I have a question: why are graphic requests no longer allowed?

Everything else is fine.

They haven't been around for a long time. You can read the announcement regarding it in the Archives if you want

World Star 9
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: None (I have no Ideas)

Postby World Star 9 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:04 pm

PixelPest wrote:
World Star 9 wrote:I have a question: why are graphic requests no longer allowed?

Everything else is fine.

They haven't been around for a long time. You can read the announcement regarding it in the Archives if you want

Interesting. What is the archived announcement called?
"To weird or not to weird, that is the odd question" - Oddliam Weirdspeare

I'm on NSMBX forums too!

Don't forget YouTube!:

Forever in repetition, the best adjective for the New Super Mario Bros. Series (I'm not saying that's a bad thing)

I Support:

GhostHawk
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Aero

Postby GhostHawk » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:07 pm

It's one failure after another with the Level Judges.

We start off with them not doing their jobs, and being inactive. Teeth had to be pulled to get changes made, but the bad group had to be preserved. The btb levels were unfairly moved to the Casual forum, an abuse. My threads are being deleted, and it happened twice now. Nobody is being listened to still, and the same bad judges just went through a revolving door back to their positions and others are rejected for total bullshit. This is one of the most poorly moderated forums I have ever seen, and it's fucking ridiculous. It's no wonder why so many people leave here and mock everyone behind the scenes.

Link to my thread that keeps getting deleted: http://pastebin.com/L6icmYt4

Make SMBX Great Again
"I pray [this thread] doesn't rest in peace and spends the rest of forever in a restless afterlife where it cannot find the peace in which you wish it to rest" -Waddle Derp

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as 2.0, is in fact, SMBX2, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, X2. 2.0 is not an SMBX version unto itself, but rather another mislabeling of a fully applicable SMBX2 name. Many users run a modified version of SMBX every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of SMBX which is widely used today is often called “2.0”, and many of its users are not aware that it is SMBX2, developed by the SMBX2 Project. [...] 2.0 is normally used in combination with the SMBX name: the whole game is basically SMBX with 2 added, or SMBX2. All the so-called “2.0” labels are really references of SMBX2.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:12 pm

World Star 9 wrote:Interesting. What is the archived announcement called?

Here you go.. i still would be up to move it back into the gfx section so people can see it directly, but somehow people are supposed to look for it in the one and only subforum nobody really goes in.
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=11001
[url]Accountsoontobedeleted[/url]

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:49 pm

AeroMatter wrote:Link to my thread that keeps getting deleted: http://pastebin.com/L6icmYt4

Make SMBX Great Again

Although I agree that PixelPest shouldn't have deleted your post, some of the stuff in there is an exaggeration. No chasing koopa AI at all? Just because you haven't seen it used well doesn't mean there's no way it can be used well. Also, the vast majority of the default enemies have hitboxes equal to their graphic sizes, like Goombas. Does that mean that anyone who uses the default Goombas is terrible at level design? Of course not. A better way of phrasing that is to say not to have hitboxes equal an NPC's dimensions when said NPC doesn't take up the majority of said dimensions, like the Koopas (their hitbox is 32x32 because, although their dimension is 32x54, the top 22 pixels only has their head, which is only on one side of the graphic).

P.S. You will never be Nien.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.

My favorite quote on the entire forum:
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.

You autistic some people so much with that statement.

My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

GhostHawk
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Aero

Postby GhostHawk » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:55 pm

It didn't deserve to be deleted twice, and I'm not going to bother with the rhetorical questions.

I'm not trying to be Nien, nor would I really want to be.
"I pray [this thread] doesn't rest in peace and spends the rest of forever in a restless afterlife where it cannot find the peace in which you wish it to rest" -Waddle Derp

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as 2.0, is in fact, SMBX2, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, X2. 2.0 is not an SMBX version unto itself, but rather another mislabeling of a fully applicable SMBX2 name. Many users run a modified version of SMBX every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of SMBX which is widely used today is often called “2.0”, and many of its users are not aware that it is SMBX2, developed by the SMBX2 Project. [...] 2.0 is normally used in combination with the SMBX name: the whole game is basically SMBX with 2 added, or SMBX2. All the so-called “2.0” labels are really references of SMBX2.

PixelPest
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: Pix le Pest

Postby PixelPest » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:05 pm

Are we allowed to post promos (like, screenshots of upcoming levels that we haven't posted yet) in our Levels thread?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Yeah, that's fine.

Return to “Events and Announcements”