It's been three years...

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

It's been three years...

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:38 pm

...since this site opened to the public.

First things first, we have some new additions to the staff team. Please welcome, in alphabetical order,

Intuition, JupiHornet, and Waddle Derp
to the staff team. Thanks again to all who sent in applications. Additionally, Kley will be rejoining the team.

You may be wondering why we wanted to hire more people. The answer is simple, but instead I'll tell you a story.

It was exactly three years ago today, on December 20th, 2013, that SuperMarioBrosX.org was flooded with new members. It was the result of an effort from several people to improve the community, and this effort had started weeks before this date (which is hinted at by the join dates of the first few members). Those who remember that time will probably remember how hectic and tense it was, but hopefully also how cool it was to eventually have SMBX under one roof again.

About a week and a half later, I was out in California; I was pretty busy with all of the things that were happening, so I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to the site. It was on New Years Day that I was in the 125th annual Tournament of Roses Parade, so I was out for the first part of the day. After the parade, we all lined up to get In-N-Out Burger. It was in this line that I read a message that had been left for me on IRC by Valtteri. Basically, something bad had happened, but we're not going to get into that because there's no reason to. The forums had to be closed temporarily, and we'll leave it at that. I had some downtime that afternoon and was in my hotel room trying to discuss and fix things, but I didn't reopen the forums yet. The next day was spent at Disneyland - my friends and I went into a gift shop at California Adventure, where I checked the forums on my phone and saw that they had been reopened. It was at this point that I disabled the board from a gift shop, which was a story that I would continue to tell to this day. We left Disney and went to the airport, where I had a red eye flight back home. Because of the time change, we took off around midnight and got back around 7 AM even though it was only a four hour flight. Having been up since about 7 AM California time, it was about a 21 hour day if we don't count the small amount of sleep I probably got on the plane; I got home and went to sleep, and I think the forums reopened later that day.

The next several months would be interesting, especially in the summer with the spam attacks. We also introduced Mafia, though, and that was cool.

Anyway, the point is that I've put a lot into SMBX and have gotten so much out of it. SMBX has even influenced what I'm majoring in at school. But it's time for me to move on and not hold as active of a role here anymore. There are qualified people that are more involved with the game and the direction it's moving in that should be in the position that I'm in. As of today, official leadership of SMBX is hereby transferred to, in alphabetical order,

Pseudo, Quill, Valtteri, and Zeldamaster12.

But don't worry, I'm not leaving. I'll still be the webmaster of Super Mario Bros. X and will be around when anyone needs me, but leadership will be held equally by these four. They'll work as a team to lead in the best interest of the game and community.

I owe thanks to all of you and everyone that has made this site, game, and community what it is. I also must thank Redigit, for being the one that brought us all together. If he ever drops by, y'all should thank him too.

Thank you for the memories and so much more,

Quill
Rydia
Rydia
Current Project: Apocalypse of Foroze...?

Re: It's been three years...

Postby Quill » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:40 pm

Thank you for the amazing work, Joey!

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:41 pm

Thanks for all you've done for us, and for promoting me ;-; I'll do my best!
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:42 pm

finally

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Least I had a chance. Wish ya good luck to everyone who's new to the moderation, administration team and the owner of this place!

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Intuition, welcome back to the staff team. And to all the others as well, congratulations on getting your spots.

But yeah, 3 years...man, the time seems to have flown. And to think it seems that it was a long time ago that I first made my ventures into the SMBX community (4 years ago, in fact!), a lot has changed since then, and I feel proud to be a part of it. It's pretty amazing how a fangame can cause a community to build around it, which can cause others to flock to it, and thus the community grows bigger.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:49 pm

Congrats to the new mods and thank you to Joey.
im a girl yo

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:52 pm

So what do the blue names for Joey and Redigit mean?
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:53 pm

King of Eterity wrote:So what do the blue names for Joey and Redigit mean?
They're the founders, I guess.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:54 pm

This community has been wonderful, and you've done an amazing job as admin, Joey. Congrats to the new mods, and thanks to the community for making SMBX into what it is today!

Wind
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: The Second Reality Project X
Chat Username: Savordez

Postby Wind » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:03 pm

<bossedit8> abuse nicely

Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Postby Fuyu » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:12 pm

This might as well be summed up with tl;dr, but those who are curious and kind enough to go through what I'm about to say are welcome and will get my gratitude for doing so.

I have no words to describe how I feel right now. First off, I want to get something out of my chest I've been holding up, thank you Joey and everyone else who supported me during the application, getting this job once more looks like a dream come true. Many things have happened to me and across my mind ever since the closure of NSMBX and the clusterfuck of a place that SMBX:R was, in the end, I was just surfing my way through the Internet with no goal or ideas in mind, except for a few that in the end were mere methods to avoid looking after myself. Kinda dropping this in, I started fighting against the current of a wide and deep river that was the unavoidable change the forums was facing, hatred and overall stupid aggression towards Joey's way of taking care of this place as a result and ending up winding off for some time, until a couple of months ago. Granted I don't contribute much to threads and discussions overall, but I'm trying to fix that, which will prove to be a difficult task I'm sure of it.

I'm getting off-topic, what I want to say is that until a couple of days I wasn't sure what I wanted to do here or with my life at all. Thanks to a couple of decisions and deeds that should have meant no difference towards me, I have not only made it back into the Mod team, but I also got the opportunity to get a job interview today, all coming up one after another, like a chain of events. It may sound like I'm overreacting with my own luck, but just because of one thing, things just start happening? It feels as if I have removed a blockade and let the river flow down, and instead I want to follow that current, I want to make this place better, or at best, make a difference, and I want to invite all of you to help me as well. To make out of this forum a friendly (this doesn't mean no cursing, special message to those oversensitive) place to gather, debate and get along.

Again, thank you so much to all of you. And thank you Joey for all you've done for the community for so long. It is my pleasure to say this, good work boi. ;)

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:14 pm

Damnit Joey.

I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:29 pm

i can accept joey retiring

but JOEY CHANGING HIS AVATAR??

unacceptable pls boycott
im a girl yo

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:00 pm

Joey was such a great guy. And I wish the new leaders good luck on the site :)
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

sleepy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: absolutely nothing

Postby sleepy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:21 pm

what a shame
Regards,
sleepy

IRC Quotes
Spoiler: show
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

<Legend-tony980> GhostHawk, what is a bot?
<GhostBot> a user without a soul
contact info

timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: i dont even know anymore. . . .
Chat Username: same as my username

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:39 pm

if only i knew what this means?
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:51 pm

Spinda wrote:i can accept joey retiring

but JOEY CHANGING HIS AVATAR??

unacceptable pls boycott
i agree tbh
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:53 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:if only i knew what this means?
Joey's real life needs more attention from him if I guessed correctly, so he'll be less active here, he still holds power over mod stuff and server functions but officially the leadership of this community now lies in the hands of the four admins (Pseudo and Valtteri who already were admins before, and Quill and ZM who just were promoted).

Good luck Joey and good luck, SMBX.com.

also Joey, that blueness blends even worse on Discord than your previous red :p
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

MarioboyFan602
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Super Mario Bros Remake
Chat Username: MarioboyFan602

Postby MarioboyFan602 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:22 pm

Oh well, i tried, xD congrats on everyone who won! :D
-----Current Projects-----
I Try my Best and be as Nice as Possible to Anyone :D