MaGL X3 Showrunner - CONGRATULATIONS STURG!

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Re: So You Want to Run MaGL X3? Applications due 03/19/2017 11:59pm EST

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:43 am

Looks like more people have little to know time for judging/running this...
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show

Fusion best time

Spoiler: show

List of Animés I have watched.
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!

Support

Contests I am in right now
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

Electriking
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre, and perhaps some other thing
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:32 am

Well the Talkhaus thread is way more active
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: The Invasion ln [(π*420/e²)] + log (69*1337¹³)
Chat Username: Thg1

Postby thehelmetguy1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:50 am

I can't really apply because I don't have experience to do this, and because I don't really have free time. However, I will actually learn lua just for this contest
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature

Join my discord server!

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Postby Cedur » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Well, this time it's us who are going to run it, so why don't we talk more here?

Also, the application format only says "State how many people you think you'll have as judges". So this means that we don't have to think already yet about who we plan to get as judges, right?

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Inspirited
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Inspirited » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:23 pm

Aha. I think being a judge is more work than hosting the contest by the way. What do you even have to do, other than accepting submissions and then put up the levels when the deadline comes? xD Not saying I'm applying though.
Check out my levels!

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Postby Cedur » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:58 pm

Apparently you'll also have to calculate the results once judging is done, and you also have to do the part of gaining all entrants together and forwarding the levels properly to your judges. It's quite a couple of responsibilities

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Also; usually, the showrunner is also a judge.

Fusion best time

ImageImageImage

My hardest level beaten!

Support

•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

Electriking
Wart
Wart

Postby Electriking » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:39 pm

And remember how big MAGLX2 is? I would expect MAGLX3 to be bigger. So the host will have to give a lot of levels to the judges and also you would probably be responsible for providing the episode once everything has been completed. And then of course the size of the episode. MAGLX2 was something like 3GB. MAGLX3 will therefore likely be bigger due to the probable increased number of competitors. Depending on the download host site you use, you may have to pay for a pro or elite subscription just so that you can provide the episode. If you are free Dropbox user, then forget hosting this, as the single episode will likely exceed the 2GB limit the free user gets, and possibly multiple times, unless you are able to and willing to pay for pro or business, or use another hosting site that has a greater limit, though there may even be the requirement to use multiple hosting sites to provide mirrors. And you will need a fast internet connection in order to upload it. And of course a LOT of free time, and I mean A LOT! There will be a lot you will have to do if you host huge contest like MAGL so a lot of free time on your hands. And you need to be in a position where it will be unlikely that you will be very busy over the next few months, and if you feel there will be even very busy a slight risk that you will be very busy by the time you are going to deal with the contest and have to prepare it, then you may need to consider if you have a position to be a MAGL host.

Ultimately, there are a lot of criteria you need to fulfill to be in a position to host a contest on the scale of MAGL. I hate to turn people off from applying but really if you can't take on the major responsibilities that hosting a huge contest comes with, then don't apply. If you are the one hosting MAGLX3 but cannot take the responsibility, then you won't get a completed episode and what ypou will get is lot of backlash from the community.
Join my Discord server
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
The0x539 wrote:

The Dwarven Digger
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Currently unnamed

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:43 pm

King of Eterity wrote:And remember how big MAGLX2 is? I would expect MAGLX3 to be bigger. So the host will have to give a lot of levels to the judges and also you would probably be responsible for providing the episode once everything has been completed. And then of course the size of the episode. MAGLX2 was something like 3GB. MAGLX3 will therefore likely be bigger due to the probable increased number of competitors. Depending on the download host site you use, you may have to pay for a pro or elite subscription just so that you can provide the episode. If you are free Dropbox user, then forget hosting this, as the single episode will likely exceed the 2GB limit the free user gets, and possibly multiple times, unless you are able to and willing to pay for pro or business, or use another hosting site that has a greater limit, though there may even be the requirement to use multiple hosting sites to provide mirrors. And you will need a fast internet connection in order to upload it. And of course a LOT of free time, and I mean A LOT! There will be a lot you will have to do if you host huge contest like MAGL so a lot of free time on your hands. And you need to be in a position where it will be unlikely that you will be very busy over the next few months, and if you feel there will be even very busy a slight risk that you will be very busy by the time you are going to deal with the contest and have to prepare it, then you may need to consider if you have a position to be a MAGL host.

Ultimately, there are a lot of criteria you need to fulfill to be in a position to host a contest on the scale of MAGL. I hate to turn people off from applying but really if you can't take on the major responsibilities that hosting a huge contest comes with, then don't apply. If you are the one hosting MAGLX3 but cannot take the responsibility, then you won't get a completed episode and what ypou will get is lot of backlash from the community.
So basically, people (like me) who have school etc. have absolutely no hope, correct?
(Also, I'm not trying to do this, because 1. School and 2. I haven't even judged, let alone hosted, a contest before.)
I support: show
Due to a problem with my laptop, all my projects and levels have been lost. But fear not, for new ones will be arriving! (and hopefully completed)
rockythechao wrote:Image

Electriking
Wart
Wart

Postby Electriking » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:07 pm

The Dwarven Digger wrote:
King of Eterity wrote:And remember how big MAGLX2 is? I would expect MAGLX3 to be bigger. So the host will have to give a lot of levels to the judges and also you would probably be responsible for providing the episode once everything has been completed. And then of course the size of the episode. MAGLX2 was something like 3GB. MAGLX3 will therefore likely be bigger due to the probable increased number of competitors. Depending on the download host site you use, you may have to pay for a pro or elite subscription just so that you can provide the episode. If you are free Dropbox user, then forget hosting this, as the single episode will likely exceed the 2GB limit the free user gets, and possibly multiple times, unless you are able to and willing to pay for pro or business, or use another hosting site that has a greater limit, though there may even be the requirement to use multiple hosting sites to provide mirrors. And you will need a fast internet connection in order to upload it. And of course a LOT of free time, and I mean A LOT! There will be a lot you will have to do if you host huge contest like MAGL so a lot of free time on your hands. And you need to be in a position where it will be unlikely that you will be very busy over the next few months, and if you feel there will be even very busy a slight risk that you will be very busy by the time you are going to deal with the contest and have to prepare it, then you may need to consider if you have a position to be a MAGL host.

Ultimately, there are a lot of criteria you need to fulfill to be in a position to host a contest on the scale of MAGL. I hate to turn people off from applying but really if you can't take on the major responsibilities that hosting a huge contest comes with, then don't apply. If you are the one hosting MAGLX3 but cannot take the responsibility, then you won't get a completed episode and what you will get is lot of backlash from the community.
So basically, people (like me) who have school etc. have absolutely no hope, correct?
Kind of. If you can find plenty of free time (I.E, multiple hours per day on average within a week) and willing to sacrifice lots of it to dedicate to this contest, then as long as you can stick to deadlines and fit any other criteria one would need to host a contest of this scale, then you are able to be a host.
Join my Discord server
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
The0x539 wrote:

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:51 pm

King of Eterity wrote:

Ultimately, there are a lot of criteria you need to fulfill to be in a position to host a contest on the scale of MAGL. I hate to turn people off from applying but really if you can't take on the major responsibilities that hosting a huge contest comes with, then don't apply. If you are the one hosting MAGLX3 but cannot take the responsibility, then you won't get a completed episode and what you will get is lot of backlash from the community.
Kind of. If you can find plenty of free time (I.E, multiple hours per day on average within a week) and willing to sacrifice lots of it to dedicate to this contest, then as long as you can stick to deadlines and fit any other criteria one would need to host a contest of this scale, then you are able to be a host.
I have a faster internet speed than most people claim to have, I spend at least eleven hours a day on SMBX, and the upload site should not be to bad. If need be, I can just upload it in multiple parts if I end up winning. The file size, and internet speed as well as the time are all things I have well under control.

Fusion best time

ImageImageImage

My hardest level beaten!

Support

•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

timocomsmbx2345
Banned
Current Project: i dont even know anymore. . . .
Chat Username: same as my username

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:33 pm

Too bad that this quote,
Horikawa Otane wrote: the latest public version of SMBX 2.0. Beta 4 is on the horizon
is false.
MEEPYGLOBIX!
SMBX 2.0 β4 is coming!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
subscribe to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXiRe8 ... Z-jxJnpW9Q
I have discord server if anyone wants to check it out. https://discord.gg/9Pb9Tc
CHECK THIS OUT!!! http://timocomlita.prophpbb.com/
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!

PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:45 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:Too bad that this quote,
Horikawa Otane wrote: the latest public version of SMBX 2.0. Beta 4 is on the horizon
is false.
Horizon is not literal

The Dwarven Digger
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Currently unnamed

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:46 am

PixelPest wrote:
is false.
Horizon is not literal
Yeah, I think it 'Beta 4 is on the horizon' actually means 'We're currently working on Beta 4, hopefully it'll be out fairly soon'
I support: show
Due to a problem with my laptop, all my projects and levels have been lost. But fear not, for new ones will be arriving! (and hopefully completed)
rockythechao wrote:Image

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:17 am

PixelPest wrote:

is false.
Horizon is not literal
Yeah, I think it 'Beta 4 is on the horizon' actually means 'We're currently working on Beta 4, hopefully it'll be out fairly soon'
It means "a fix to one of the biggest stumbling blocks to Beta 4 is nearing completion and I expect it will be ready by the time MaGL X3 begins taking levels"

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:03 am

Supershroom wrote:Well, this time it's us who are going to run it, so why don't we talk more here?

Also, the application format only says "State how many people you think you'll have as judges". So this means that we don't have to think already yet about who we plan to get as judges, right?
You don't need a set number - but it'd be good to have a general idea whether you'll be going for the minimum (2) or some absurdly high number (10).

Willhart
Banned

Postby Willhart » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:20 am

Horikawa Otane wrote:
PixelPest wrote: Horizon is not literal
It means "a fix to one of the biggest stumbling blocks to Beta 4 is nearing completion and I expect it will be ready by the time MaGL X3 begins taking levels"
I feel like it's kind of required for that. Would not run the contest without it.
Supershroom wrote:Well, this time it's us who are going to run it, so why don't we talk more here?
It can be from either community like on the previous contest.

iran345
Goomba
Goomba
Chat Username: iran345

Postby iran345 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:00 pm

i love it!
i love hatchimals! :D :D :D :D

PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:05 pm

Might give this a go. I have an idea and have judged, participated in, and hosted contests before

Kley
Edge
Edge
Chat Username: Kley

Postby Kley » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:22 pm

iran345 wrote:i love it!
You love what? Try to stay on topic

Return to “Events and Announcements”