SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
ElmerMouseFan34
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:16 pm
Current Project: Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer
Chat Username: ElmerMouseFan34

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby ElmerMouseFan34 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:36 pm

Waddle wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:27 pm
You probably accidentally set a warp direction. Delete the warp altogether, set it to a door-warp before placing it and then replace them. This should fix the issue- it's not exclusive to this version, just a consequence of setting a warp direction for a pipe and then changing warp type to door.
I accidentally did your suggestion and it's fixed. :D Thank you anyway!
My main project:
Image
Logo montage by AndrewPixel, SMW font by BMatSantos, cog sprites by Valtteri and Mickey and Donald sprites by Landsverk96 (on DeviantArt).
Discord server: https://discord.gg/4hYwk2k

Bulletbill510
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:33 pm

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Bulletbill510 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:39 pm

I found 3 bugs in the build.
Bug #1: When I hit a bomb block, the other bomb blocks won't blow up to make an explosive chain reaction.
The structure on the left shows the bomb blocks not working properly while the structure on the right shows the bomb block and other blocks working fine
Image
Bug #2: You know that how an npc isn't supposed to move until you come across it on screen (Example: koopa starts going left as long as you walk to it and it's seen on screen) which is normal, but with snake blocks shown in this gif, I put my snake block on the very far right of the screen so it's not to supposed to be shown moving until the player comes to it and is seen on scree, but it just started moving as if I made a new layer and made an event for it designed to go left which I didn't, so I'm not sure if this counts as a bug?
Image
Bug #3: As seen in the 2nd gif image, the score is glitching, I don't know if the snake block is causing that or not.

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4417
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Electriking » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:25 pm

Here is a list of why SMBX2 pretty much objectively better than SMBX 38A
  • Much better editor than 38A. Sure you can make levels in PGE, but you still have to go back to the 38A editor to make use of some fuctions available in 38A. Basic no-brainer fuctions that you would expect to find in every are just flat out absent in the legacy editor that was used in both 1.3 (and earlier) and 38A, as well as just being less user-friendly.
  • 38A now has few features that are not present in SMBX2 (and this number will decrease with each update until that reduces to 0). Not only that, SMBX2 has features not present in 38a (and this number will go up and up and up for as long as SMBX2 remains in development).
  • Encrypting levels is not a thing (encrypting your levels does nothing but a disservice to the community).
  • Using cheats does not delete your save file, and redigitiscool actually works.
  • Learning LunaLua won't become useless once you are done with SMBX, as lua is an actual programming language.
  • If something can be done in teascript, then it is safe to assume it is doable in LunaLua. The reverse isn't true.
  • It has less bugs, despite the fact it is still in beta and 38A is a full version (While I don't how true this holds for the MaGLX3 version, it is almost certainly going to be the case for beta 4 and future versions)
  • The SMBX2 devs are not complete jerks (this has probably made the previous points a waste of time on my part, since this alone makes SMBX2 better than 38A TBH) which has meant that:
    1. There are no 'punishments' to the entire userbase because people didn't use the editor as the devs wanted them to.
    2. No bullshit mahs minigames just to unlock editor tools.
    3. No plans to cause compatibility issues by removing features (at least not as a 'punishment').
    4. They are not deliberately leaving the software closed source (at least the '2' part of it since the original source code has probably been lost long before SMBX2 started).
    5. You can't get banned from using the software.
So yeah, that last reason about the devs just really makes 38A much worse. 5438A38A has a dangerous level of control over his software, and the true extent is unknown because it is closed source, but he probably has the power to just shut down the software by banning everyone from using it.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Eri7 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:28 pm

Electriking wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:25 pm
Here is a list of why SMBX2 pretty much objectively better than SMBX 38A
  • Much better editor than 38A. Sure you can make levels in PGE, but you still have to go back to the 38A editor to make use of some fuctions available in 38A. Basic no-brainer fuctions that you would expect to find in every are just flat out absent in the legacy editor that was used in both 1.3 (and earlier) and 38A, as well as just being less user-friendly.
  • 38A now has few features that are not present in SMBX2 (and this number will decrease with each update until that reduces to 0). Not only that, SMBX2 has features not present in 38a (and this number will go up and up and up for as long as SMBX2 remains in development).
  • Encrypting levels ia not a thing (encrypting your levels does nothing but a disservice to the community).
  • Using cheats does not delete your save file, and redigitiscool actually works.
  • Learning LunaLua won't become useless once you are done with SMBX, as lua is an actual programming language.
  • If something can be done in teascript, then it is safe to assume it is doable in LunaLua. The reverse isn't true.
  • It has less bugs, despite the fact it is still in beta and 38A is a full version (While I don't how true this holds for the MaGLX3 version, it is almost certainly going to be the case for beta 4 and future versions)
  • The SMBX2 devs are not complete jerks (this has probably made the previous points a waste of time on my part, since this alone makes SMBX2 better than 38A TBH) which has meant that:
    1. There are no 'punishments' to the entire userbase because people didn't use the editor as the devs wanted them to.
    2. No bullshit mahs minigames just to unlock editor tools.
    3. No plans to cause compatibility issues by removing features (at least not as a 'punishment').
    4. They are not deliberately leaving the software closed source (at least the '2' part of it since the original source code has probably been lost long before SMBX2 started).
    5. You can't get banned from using the software.
So yeah, that last reason about the devs just really makes 38A much worse. 5438A38A has a dangerous level of control over his software, and the true extent is unknown because it is closed source, but he probably has the power to just shut down the software by banning everyone from using it.
Hexagon exists to unban us if 38A were to ban people from using his engine.
Also i don't think 38A's engine has reached the full version considering there is 1.4.1,1.4.2,1.4.3 and now 1.4.4.
But your other points are true.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4417
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Electriking » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:44 pm

Bulletbill510 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:39 pm
I found 3 bugs in the build.
Bug #1: When I hit a bomb block, the other bomb blocks won't blow up to make an explosive chain reaction.
The structure on the left shows the bomb blocks not working properly while the structure on the right shows the bomb block and other blocks working fine
Image
Bug #2: You know that how an npc isn't supposed to move until you come across it on screen (Example: koopa starts going left as long as you walk to it and it's seen on screen) which is normal, but with snake blocks shown in this gif, I put my snake block on the very far right of the screen so it's not to supposed to be shown moving until the player comes to it and is seen on scree, but it just started moving as if I made a new layer and made an event for it designed to go left which I didn't, so I'm not sure if this counts as a bug?
Image
Bug #3: As seen in the 2nd gif image, the score is glitching, I don't know if the snake block is causing that or not.
The images won't load up for me but I will try my best clear things up.

1) I don't know if bomb blocks are supposed to blow up other bomb blocks (although the description says it does, it could be inaccurate, as the description for clear pipe cannons was in the previous patch) but if the star blocks do, then I guess just use them for now.

2) Don't know about that one

3) Not really anything that can be done about it, but it does not really matter much when designing levels (this is like only the 6th worst bug with Snake blocks anyway).
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
sammerbro
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: playing and making SMBX stuff
Current Project: Sam Lev Boss Rush 5
Contact:

Re: Before you ask the devs anything else, read this.

Postby sammerbro » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:39 pm

.
Last edited by sammerbro on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image
Image

User avatar
timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 825
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:44 pm
Current Project: i dont even know anymore. . . .
Chat Username: same as my username
Contact:

Re: Before you ask the devs anything else, read this.

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:07 pm

sammerbro wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:39 pm
sMbXdEsTr0Y3R2019 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:21 pm
𝑶𝑯 𝑴𝒀 𝑱𝑬𝑹𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑮𝑶𝑫. 𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑷 𝑺𝑷𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑫𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑭𝑨𝑲𝑬 𝑰𝑵𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑴𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵.
𝒌 𝒌 𝒌 𝒊 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒔.
𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 38𝑨 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓. 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒔 (𝑪𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 5438𝑨38𝑨, 𝑾𝒐𝒉𝒍𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅, 𝒆𝒕𝒄.)
Spoiler: show
~Common complaints about SMBX2 Devs~
1 - The Devs atleast finally listened to suggestions this time, but why not earlier? (Also removed features)
We all know how it was, we bros were praying to actually add more NPCs INSTEAD OF THESE DAMN CHARACTERS It took them so LOOONG to realize until now... But even then, they removed some useful features, like encrypt.dll aka best library in the game.

2 - Devs spread misinformation about 38A.
What if lots of people told you Fortnite BR was discontinued and STW would be the only mode avaible. More would think PUBG is better.
Now let's switch Fortnite with 38A, and PUBG with SMBX2.
Yup. They are spreading misinformation that 38A is discontinued to lure 38A users to X2 and disrespecting Master Wohlstand's real 38A is not dead messages.

3 - 38A never deprecates Teascript functions.
Since every update removes tons of LunaLua libraries, Developing a SMBX2 episode is a pain. The Devs say that it isn't much, BUT IT IS.
Developing episodes in 38A is so smooth thanks to them never breaking.

4 - Project Leader (and only one) 38A is smart at developing, and was not distracted by a shitty troll.
One reason why this update took forever was because Project LeaderHorikawa Otane (almost better than 38A) has left the team because of a shitty Internet troll.
Also the Devs say 38A's physics are bad and poorly programmed. They are different, but it does not mean they are BAD.
They are just more like the Hello Mario Engine, which focuses on faster-paced gameplay than SMBX 1.3 and its mods, and it also means that they have some nice things that the Redigit Engines (1.3 ,2.0 etc.) do not have like Better Scoring.
and that's why 1.4 is better
and 2.0 is worse
2.0's score: 6/10
1.4's score: 10/10
and I will always use 1.4
Can't wait to see backlash from everyone else in a while
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Image
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Spoiler: show
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!
Image
Image

User avatar
Bowser God
Banned
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:07 pm

Re: Before you ask the devs anything else, read this.

Postby Bowser God » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:15 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:07 pm
sammerbro wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:39 pm
sMbXdEsTr0Y3R2019 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:21 pm
𝑶𝑯 𝑴𝒀 𝑱𝑬𝑹𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑮𝑶𝑫. 𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑷 𝑺𝑷𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑫𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑭𝑨𝑲𝑬 𝑰𝑵𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑴𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵.
𝒌 𝒌 𝒌 𝒊 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒔.
𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 38𝑨 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓. 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒔 (𝑪𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 5438𝑨38𝑨, 𝑾𝒐𝒉𝒍𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅, 𝒆𝒕𝒄.)
Spoiler: show
~Common complaints about SMBX2 Devs~
1 - The Devs atleast finally listened to suggestions this time, but why not earlier? (Also removed features)
We all know how it was, we bros were praying to actually add more NPCs INSTEAD OF THESE DAMN CHARACTERS It took them so LOOONG to realize until now... But even then, they removed some useful features, like encrypt.dll aka best library in the game.

2 - Devs spread misinformation about 38A.
What if lots of people told you Fortnite BR was discontinued and STW would be the only mode avaible. More would think PUBG is better.
Now let's switch Fortnite with 38A, and PUBG with SMBX2.
Yup. They are spreading misinformation that 38A is discontinued to lure 38A users to X2 and disrespecting Master Wohlstand's real 38A is not dead messages.

3 - 38A never deprecates Teascript functions.
Since every update removes tons of LunaLua libraries, Developing a SMBX2 episode is a pain. The Devs say that it isn't much, BUT IT IS.
Developing episodes in 38A is so smooth thanks to them never breaking.

4 - Project Leader (and only one) 38A is smart at developing, and was not distracted by a shitty troll.
One reason why this update took forever was because Project LeaderHorikawa Otane (almost better than 38A) has left the team because of a shitty Internet troll.
Also the Devs say 38A's physics are bad and poorly programmed. They are different, but it does not mean they are BAD.
They are just more like the Hello Mario Engine, which focuses on faster-paced gameplay than SMBX 1.3 and its mods, and it also means that they have some nice things that the Redigit Engines (1.3 ,2.0 etc.) do not have like Better Scoring.
and that's why 1.4 is better
and 2.0 is worse
2.0's score: 6/10
1.4's score: 10/10
and I will always use 1.4
Can't wait to see backlash from everyone else in a while
That is a fake post, Everyone report is as The more it Gets Reported they Will Delete This Nosense Quicker.

Bulletbill510
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:33 pm

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Bulletbill510 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:32 pm

Electriking wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:44 pm
Bulletbill510 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:39 pm
I found 3 bugs in the build.
Bug #1: When I hit a bomb block, the other bomb blocks won't blow up to make an explosive chain reaction.
The structure on the left shows the bomb blocks not working properly while the structure on the right shows the bomb block and other blocks working fine
Image
Bug #2: You know that how an npc isn't supposed to move until you come across it on screen (Example: koopa starts going left as long as you walk to it and it's seen on screen) which is normal, but with snake blocks shown in this gif, I put my snake block on the very far right of the screen so it's not to supposed to be shown moving until the player comes to it and is seen on scree, but it just started moving as if I made a new layer and made an event for it designed to go left which I didn't, so I'm not sure if this counts as a bug?
Image
Bug #3: As seen in the 2nd gif image, the score is glitching, I don't know if the snake block is causing that or not.
The images won't load up for me but I will try my best clear things up.

1) I don't know if bomb blocks are supposed to blow up other bomb blocks (although the description says it does, it could be inaccurate, as the description for clear pipe cannons was in the previous patch) but if the star blocks do, then I guess just use them for now.

2) Don't know about that one

3) Not really anything that can be done about it, but it does not really matter much when designing levels (this is like only the 6th worst bug with Snake blocks anyway.=).
Did you try clicking on the gif images with your mouse? They should open in a new tab and they should load up right away.

User avatar
Penguin998
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:14 pm
Flair: Smbx is better than super mario bros
Chat Username: Penguin

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Penguin998 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:38 pm

it says it needs vcruntime140.dll but after i get it and put it in the data folder it says application was unable to start correctly, any idea why this is?
Image

User avatar
sadisticsofanight
Banned
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:31 pm

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby sadisticsofanight » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Penguin998 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:38 pm
it says it needs vcruntime140.dll but after i get it and put it in the data folder it says application was unable to start correctly, any idea why this is?
Does it Start up after that? If it does just Leave it Alone it will Work.

User avatar
Penguin998
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:14 pm
Flair: Smbx is better than super mario bros
Chat Username: Penguin

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Penguin998 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:40 pm

sadisticsofanight wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:39 pm
Penguin998 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:38 pm
it says it needs vcruntime140.dll but after i get it and put it in the data folder it says application was unable to start correctly, any idea why this is?
Does it Start up after that? If it does just Leave it Alone it will Work.
no it doesn't, any help?
Image

User avatar
KBorg64
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:38 pm
Flair: Flair
Current Project: GFX Pack
Chat Username: kborg
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby KBorg64 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:42 pm

sMbXdEsTr0Y3R2019 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:21 pm
𝑶𝑯 𝑴𝒀 𝑱𝑬𝑹𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑮𝑶𝑫. 𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑷 𝑺𝑷𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑫𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑭𝑨𝑲𝑬 𝑰𝑵𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑴𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵.
𝒌 𝒌 𝒌 𝒊 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒔.
𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 38𝑨 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓. 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒔 (𝑪𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 5438𝑨38𝑨, 𝑾𝒐𝒉𝒍𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅, 𝒆𝒕𝒄.)
Spoiler: show
~Common complaints about SMBX2 Devs~
1 - The Devs atleast finally listened to suggestions this time, but why not earlier? (Also removed features)
We all know how it was, we bros were praying to actually add more NPCs INSTEAD OF THESE DAMN CHARACTERS It took them so LOOONG to realize until now... But even then, they removed some useful features, like encrypt.dll aka best library in the game.

2 - Devs spread misinformation about 38A.
What if lots of people told you Fortnite BR was discontinued and STW would be the only mode avaible. More would think PUBG is better.
Now let's switch Fortnite with 38A, and PUBG with SMBX2.
Yup. They are spreading misinformation that 38A is discontinued to lure 38A users to X2 and disrespecting Master Wohlstand's real 38A is not dead messages.

3 - 38A never deprecates Teascript functions.
Since every update removes tons of LunaLua libraries, Developing a SMBX2 episode is a pain. The Devs say that it isn't much, BUT IT IS.
Developing episodes in 38A is so smooth thanks to them never breaking.

4 - Project Leader (and only one) 38A is smart at developing, and was not distracted by a shitty troll.
One reason why this update took forever was because Project LeaderHorikawa Otane (almost better than 38A) has left the team because of a shitty Internet troll.
Also the Devs say 38A's physics are bad and poorly programmed. They are different, but it does not mean they are BAD.
They are just more like the Hello Mario Engine, which focuses on faster-paced gameplay than SMBX 1.3 and its mods, and it also means that they have some nice things that the Redigit Engines (1.3 ,2.0 etc.) do not have like Better Scoring.
I don't really see how these prove 38A to be better honestly.

1. I haven't seen anyone really hate on the new characters. They allow for more types of levels and can vary gameplay by quite a lot, actually. They were planning on adding more npcs and blocks anyway, they just didn't add a lot for Beta 3, but many have been added now. We have not even the full version of Beta 4, and yet we have tons of new assets to use for levels.

2. This analogy doesn't mean anything I feel. One could say 38A is like PUBG and SMBX2 is like Fortnite. Even then, I wouldn't say that, but am pretty sure SMBX2 is making more progress (at least for now) than SMBX38A.

3. I, personally, haven't used LunaLua much as of now, so I'm not to knowledgeable on this. Could you at least provide an example of a feature removed in a specific update? Otherwise, your point means nothing. SMBX2 is beta as well, so of course features will change. If someone doesn't account for that, that's on them.

4. This point in no way supports 38A being better than SMBX2. It has nothing to do with the editors/engines themselves.

5. The different physics doesn't make 38A better, nor worse. I don't know if you're trying to say that they do, but that's just how it seems. Also, what do you mean by "better scoring"?
Image

Formerly 64searchman46.

Main Youtube Channel
"The Note Block" Discord server
Discord username: kborg#5607
Switch friend code: SW-0765-3487-6690

User avatar
Penguin998
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:14 pm
Flair: Smbx is better than super mario bros
Chat Username: Penguin

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Penguin998 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:44 pm

64searchman46 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:42 pm
sMbXdEsTr0Y3R2019 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:21 pm
𝑶𝑯 𝑴𝒀 𝑱𝑬𝑹𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑮𝑶𝑫. 𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑷 𝑺𝑷𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑫𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑭𝑨𝑲𝑬 𝑰𝑵𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑴𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵.
𝒌 𝒌 𝒌 𝒊 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒔.
𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 38𝑨 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓. 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒔 (𝑪𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 5438𝑨38𝑨, 𝑾𝒐𝒉𝒍𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅, 𝒆𝒕𝒄.)
Spoiler: show
~Common complaints about SMBX2 Devs~
1 - The Devs atleast finally listened to suggestions this time, but why not earlier? (Also removed features)
We all know how it was, we bros were praying to actually add more NPCs INSTEAD OF THESE DAMN CHARACTERS It took them so LOOONG to realize until now... But even then, they removed some useful features, like encrypt.dll aka best library in the game.

2 - Devs spread misinformation about 38A.
What if lots of people told you Fortnite BR was discontinued and STW would be the only mode avaible. More would think PUBG is better.
Now let's switch Fortnite with 38A, and PUBG with SMBX2.
Yup. They are spreading misinformation that 38A is discontinued to lure 38A users to X2 and disrespecting Master Wohlstand's real 38A is not dead messages.

3 - 38A never deprecates Teascript functions.
Since every update removes tons of LunaLua libraries, Developing a SMBX2 episode is a pain. The Devs say that it isn't much, BUT IT IS.
Developing episodes in 38A is so smooth thanks to them never breaking.

4 - Project Leader (and only one) 38A is smart at developing, and was not distracted by a shitty troll.
One reason why this update took forever was because Project LeaderHorikawa Otane (almost better than 38A) has left the team because of a shitty Internet troll.
Also the Devs say 38A's physics are bad and poorly programmed. They are different, but it does not mean they are BAD.
They are just more like the Hello Mario Engine, which focuses on faster-paced gameplay than SMBX 1.3 and its mods, and it also means that they have some nice things that the Redigit Engines (1.3 ,2.0 etc.) do not have like Better Scoring.
I don't really see how these prove 38A to be better honestly.

1. I haven't seen anyone really hate on the new characters. They allow for more types of levels and can vary gameplay by quite a lot, actually. They were planning on adding more npcs and blocks anyway, they just didn't add a lot for Beta 3, but many have been added now. We have not even the full version of Beta 4, and yet we have tons of new assets to use for levels.

2. This analogy doesn't mean anything I feel. One could say 38A is like PUBG and SMBX2 is like Fortnite. Even then, I wouldn't say that, but am pretty sure SMBX2 is making more progress (at least for now) than SMBX38A.

3. I, personally, haven't used LunaLua much as of now, so I'm not to knowledgeable on this. Could you at least provide an example of a feature removed in a specific update? Otherwise, your point means nothing. SMBX2 is beta as well, so of course features will change. If someone doesn't account for that, that's on them.

4. This point in no way supports 38A being better than SMBX2. It has nothing to do with the editors/engines themselves.

5. The different physics doesn't make 38A better, nor worse. I don't know if you're trying to say that they do, but that's just how it seems. Also, what do you mean by "better scoring"?
see above about how this is a fake message so stop quoteing it
Image

User avatar
KBorg64
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:38 pm
Flair: Flair
Current Project: GFX Pack
Chat Username: kborg
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby KBorg64 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:47 pm

Sorry, Penguin998, I made that post before it was found out to be fake.
Last edited by KBorg64 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Formerly 64searchman46.

Main Youtube Channel
"The Note Block" Discord server
Discord username: kborg#5607
Switch friend code: SW-0765-3487-6690

User avatar
Penguin998
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:14 pm
Flair: Smbx is better than super mario bros
Chat Username: Penguin

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Penguin998 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:47 pm

64searchman46 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:47 pm
Sorry I made that post before it was found out to be fake.
ok
Image

User avatar
KBorg64
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:38 pm
Flair: Flair
Current Project: GFX Pack
Chat Username: kborg
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby KBorg64 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:50 pm

Penguin998 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:47 pm
64searchman46 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:47 pm
Sorry I made that post before it was found out to be fake.
ok
Yeah I thought it was nonsense at first. I was going to post my message right after the op, but I went to go do some stuff. I came back and posted only to find out the message was fake.
Image

Formerly 64searchman46.

Main Youtube Channel
"The Note Block" Discord server
Discord username: kborg#5607
Switch friend code: SW-0765-3487-6690

User avatar
sammerbro
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: playing and making SMBX stuff
Current Project: Sam Lev Boss Rush 5
Contact:

Re: Before you ask the devs anything else, read this.

Postby sammerbro » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:18 pm

Bowser God wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:15 pm
timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:07 pm
sammerbro wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:39 pm


and that's why 1.4 is better
and 2.0 is worse
2.0's score: 6/10
1.4's score: 10/10
and I will always use 1.4
Can't wait to see backlash from everyone else in a while
That is a fake post, Everyone report is as The more it Gets Reported they Will Delete This Nosense Quicker.
okay
Image
Image

User avatar
KBorg64
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:38 pm
Flair: Flair
Current Project: GFX Pack
Chat Username: kborg
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby KBorg64 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:33 pm

Okay, so I've been getting a bug with graphics folders. When I copy and paste more graphics into an existing folder, the graphics that were already there disappear. Then in my world folder, there are two of the same graphics folder that are both empty. I then have to delete the folders, then use the "Save As" option in the editor, check the "make new folder" option, then I have a new folder that has all of my graphics from the previous folder inside of it.
Image

Formerly 64searchman46.

Main Youtube Channel
"The Note Block" Discord server
Discord username: kborg#5607
Switch friend code: SW-0765-3487-6690

User avatar
Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Posts: 1568
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:59 am
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Waddle » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:04 pm

I've said this before and I'll say it again: there is no ongoing "competition" between the two versions and your preference does not make you a bad person by any means. It is completely useless to announce that "I use 38A because I like it more" since the complete lack of arguments for this choice makes for some bad conversation. If you must report your preference, do so for a reason- and while you're at it, try not to perpetuate this ongoing trend of people pouring in to slander the SMBX2 team and spread misinformation. Thanks.
Image


Return to “Events and Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests