Page 45 of 57

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:29 am
by Enjl
Ah, yeah. You shouldn't replace older versions. There can always be some unexpected consequences.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:00 am
by FirestarPlays
==> scripts/base/game/marioChallenge.lua:424: attempt to access local.thisLevel (a nil value)

How do i fix this?

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:43 pm
by Bluecat5995
Enjl wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:56 am
Bluecat5995 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:07 pm
Instead of the Super Mario Allstars textures, music, characters for Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3 can you change it or make new ones to the NES originals please?
And make them unusable in levels that use graphics from multiple games? Please just use custom graphics if you don't like the defaults for your level or episode.
But the SMB3 tile sets I can find are way too small.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:14 am
by Enjl
Bluecat5995 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:43 pm
Enjl wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:56 am
Bluecat5995 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:07 pm
Instead of the Super Mario Allstars textures, music, characters for Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3 can you change it or make new ones to the NES originals please?
And make them unusable in levels that use graphics from multiple games? Please just use custom graphics if you don't like the defaults for your level or episode.
But the SMB3 tile sets I can find are way too small.
SMBX tiles are resized to trice the original size. You can do this in any drawing software with trivial effort if you disable anti-alias or use nearest neighbour sampling.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:55 am
by DrMekar
I'm not really sure where to ask this, since I don't even know if it is possible, though I
ask it here.

Is it possible to use the filters that can be enabled in the Pause Menu in Level Editor
in a level in the Main Game and Midlevel?

I'm making a level that starts of as a normal Forest Level, though Midlevel the Forest starts
burning. I already use black fog particles, but I feel like there're not enough.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:52 am
by Enjl
DrMekar wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:55 am
I'm not really sure where to ask this, since I don't even know if it is possible, though I
ask it here.

Is it possible to use the filters that can be enabled in the Pause Menu in Level Editor
in a level in the Main Game and Midlevel?

I'm making a level that starts of as a normal Forest Level, though Midlevel the Forest starts
burning. I already use black fog particles, but I feel like there're not enough.
The filters on the pause screen are filters for colorblindness, so you can test if colorblind people are able to play your levels.
They're written as shaders in the GLSL programming language. Shader programming is something you can do by writing .vert (vertex shaders) and .frag (fragment shaders) and loading them in your lua file.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uOd ... wvggx5ehog
You will need to dig into shader programming in order to understand how shaders work. They're fairly advanced. The gist of it is that the code in a shader runs for every pixel on the screen and returns a colour to display for that pixel, but there's a lot more to it once you begin reading the docs and looking at simple examples. In scripts/shaders you can find the code for the colorblindness shaders, which might be good to look at for simple color manipulation.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:18 pm
by DrMekar
Enjl wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:52 am
DrMekar wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:55 am
I'm not really sure where to ask this, since I don't even know if it is possible, though I
ask it here.

Is it possible to use the filters that can be enabled in the Pause Menu in Level Editor
in a level in the Main Game and Midlevel?

I'm making a level that starts of as a normal Forest Level, though Midlevel the Forest starts
burning. I already use black fog particles, but I feel like there're not enough.
The filters on the pause screen are filters for colorblindness, so you can test if colorblind people are able to play your levels.
They're written as shaders in the GLSL programming language. Shader programming is something you can do by writing .vert (vertex shaders) and .frag (fragment shaders) and loading them in your lua file.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uOd ... wvggx5ehog
You will need to dig into shader programming in order to understand how shaders work. They're fairly advanced. The gist of it is that the code in a shader runs for every pixel on the screen and returns a colour to display for that pixel, but there's a lot more to it once you begin reading the docs and looking at simple examples. In scripts/shaders you can find the code for the colorblindness shaders, which might be good to look at for simple color manipulation.
Intresting to know. I didn't know they are there for this reason.

Okay Thanks, I'll do that in a while.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:26 pm
by Hoeloe
Enjl wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:52 am
In scripts/shaders you can find the code for the colorblindness shaders, which might be good to look at for simple color manipulation.
The colourblindness shaders are what's called a "colour matrix filter". This basically just takes in a 3x3 matrix (which is effectively a grid consisting of 9 numbers) and multiplies it with the existing pixel's colour to produce an output colour. Here's a little diagram roughly showing how it works:

Image

Each column of the matrix is multiplied by the input, and then each row is added together to produce an output, effectively. What it's actually doing is a matrix multiplication, but if you're not familiar with that, this might help to understand how it works. You can use this shader yourself without writing and GLSL, and just feed in your own filter matrix.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:30 am
by DrMekar
Hoeloe wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:26 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:52 am
In scripts/shaders you can find the code for the colorblindness shaders, which might be good to look at for simple color manipulation.
The colourblindness shaders are what's called a "colour matrix filter". This basically just takes in a 3x3 matrix (which is effectively a grid consisting of 9 numbers) and multiplies it with the existing pixel's colour to produce an output colour. Here's a little diagram roughly showing how it works:

Image

Each column of the matrix is multiplied by the input, and then each row is added together to produce an output, effectively. What it's actually doing is a matrix multiplication, but if you're not familiar with that, this might help to understand how it works. You can use this shader yourself without writing and GLSL, and just feed in your own filter matrix.
Okay, thanks. This will problably be handy at some point.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:01 pm
by Wohlstand
Attention!
Because of some odd DDoS that doing by some Chinese bots are attacking PGE Forum at http://wohlsoft.ru by the sequence of junk queries, I temporarily disabled the host to inspect the situation and solve it.

https://twitter.com/Nvd5517/status/1191158244858908673

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:10 am
by Wohlstand
Okay, I have resumed work of WohlSoft site back. Looks like the attacking was stopped.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:24 am
by cato
Something about custom graphic for Sumo Bros:
Image
How is the projectile not lower enough to hit the ground?
Also this:
Image
Can't really make a gimmick for having NPCs going into a set path without glitches.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:03 pm
by FirestarPlays
Image

A little help, please? *I don't have Bowser's Vengeance*

Edit: Did I just kill the thread?

Ummmm...

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:20 am
by cato
Wanted to make a pipe level, but it exceeds the limit of 99 warps. Somehow, the checkbox of "Two Way Warp" is disabled. Any advice?

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:33 pm
by Cedur
cato wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:20 am
Wanted to make a pipe level, but it exceeds the limit of 99 warps. Somehow, the checkbox of "Two Way Warp" is disabled. Any advice?

uh ... the limit for warps should be 2000 anyway?

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:48 pm
by Enjl
It was 200 in 1.3 and 2000 since MAGLX2 I believe. It was never 99 to my knowledge. All the two-way box would do if it was enabled is spawn in a second warp that goes the other way, so you wouldn't use half the warps even if it did work.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:35 pm
by Wiimeiser
Were these ever corrected at any point?
-Activating a snake block causes blocks to randomly lose collision.
-NPCs 412 and 378 block fireballs.

On the subject of warps I was able to make more than 420 in the MAGLX3 version. What version are you using?

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:54 pm
by Enjl
Wiimeiser wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:35 pm
Were these ever corrected at any point?
-Activating a snake block causes blocks to randomly lose collision.
-NPCs 412 and 378 block fireballs.

On the subject of warps I was able to make more than 420 in the MAGLX3 version. What version are you using?
Former was fixed on the PAL version (straight upgrade to MAGLX3 version) I beleve. Latter wasn't, but I know both are definitely fixed in the current repo build.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:35 pm
by vitzie629
Enjl wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:54 pm
Wiimeiser wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:35 pm
Were these ever corrected at any point?
-Activating a snake block causes blocks to randomly lose collision.
-NPCs 412 and 378 block fireballs.

On the subject of warps I was able to make more than 420 in the MAGLX3 version. What version are you using?
Former was fixed on the PAL version (straight upgrade to MAGLX3 version) I beleve. Latter wasn't, but I know both are definitely fixed in the current repo build.
Current repo build? What do you mean?

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:22 pm
by Electriking
vitzie629 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:35 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:54 pm
Wiimeiser wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:35 pm
Were these ever corrected at any point?
-Activating a snake block causes blocks to randomly lose collision.
-NPCs 412 and 378 block fireballs.

On the subject of warps I was able to make more than 420 in the MAGLX3 version. What version are you using?
Former was fixed on the PAL version (straight upgrade to MAGLX3 version) I beleve. Latter wasn't, but I know both are definitely fixed in the current repo build.
Current repo build? What do you mean?
A version of SMBX2 for the devs.