SMBX 1.3.0.1

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
CowboyJoseph64
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby CowboyJoseph64 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:49 pm

same amount of memory? What? I remember seeing in media fire... I guess that's the princess cliche doing that. Nevermind then, I'm just a dumbass. The 1.4 thing sounds like very exciting news though, I hope I can get a better computer by the time they make it easier to set it up.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Oh, you meant disk space? Yeah, SMBX 1.3.0.1 takes up slightly more with The Princess Cliché added in, but it's not too big of a difference.

SnifitGuy
Foo
Foo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:59 pm

I don't think Wohlstand nor Kevsoft (as smart as they are) will ever be able to make even SMBX 1.4.1 stable; it's impossible to do so with the more stable SMBX 1.3.0.1, so 1.4.1 shouldn't even be considered.

Wohlstand
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:08 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:I don't think Wohlstand nor Kevsoft (as smart as they are) will ever be able to make even SMBX 1.4.1 stable; it's impossible to do so with the more stable SMBX 1.3.0.1, so 1.4.1 shouldn't even be considered.
SMBX 1.4.1 would be more stable when we will grab it's source code and then I will have able to fix lots of incompatibility and buggy things. Anyway PGE even while it's WIP is more stabler than both SMBX 1.3.* and 1.4.*.

So, I agree than it's is NOT ready to public release because requires a lot of tricky things to take it working :P
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

SnifitGuy
Foo
Foo

Postby SnifitGuy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
SnifitGuy wrote:I don't think Wohlstand nor Kevsoft (as smart as they are) will ever be able to make even SMBX 1.4.1 stable; it's impossible to do so with the more stable SMBX 1.3.0.1, so 1.4.1 shouldn't even be considered.
SMBX 1.4.1 would be more stable when we will grab it's source code and then I will have able to fix lots of incompatibility and buggy things. Anyway PGE even while it's WIP is more stabler than both SMBX 1.3.* and 1.4.*.

So, I agree than it's is NOT ready to public release because requires a lot of tricky things to take it working :P
How are you able to get the source code for SMBX 1.4.1 but not 1.3.0.1, if you don't mind my asking?

mariofan 64
Blooper
Blooper

Postby mariofan 64 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:24 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:

How are you able to get the source code for SMBX 1.4.1 but not 1.3.0.1, if you don't mind my asking?
Redigit never had it released or given out. He probably deleted it. With 1.4.1, they'll ask for it, then it would come with acceptance/denial from there.
I has youtube now...with some activity :D

Projects: Infinite Mario Bros. For PGE (On the PGE Website, of course) (temp hiatus for other projects, see second link in spoiler for details)
----------RPG games, not related to Mario at all :/
----------A ???? game made in Gamemaker.

Completed: Schedules, Plans, Pages, And Other Things

Processing...Processing...Completed. See message below:
Spoiler: show
Mario Infinity: Quest to Stabilize the World (WIP)
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=568
FACEBOOKS:
https://www.facebook.com/EBTKSPaddy
MAI PATREON:
https://www.patreon.com/ebtkspaddy
MAH FRIEND'S YOUTUBES WHERE ME AND MAH FRIEND'S ARE AT:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRoSEH ... rVJdozjwUA

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Wohlstand wrote:

if you do happen to get 1.4*'s source code, i'd love to play around with it also
what am I??? doing

- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses Unity Remake
- Florida Van Man YouTube Channel, where I DIY repair Sprinter vans.
- 3 small games in development

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:33 pm

I'm sure everyone wants to get there hands on the "SMBX 1.4" source code so they could fix things up and become the savior of the community. Right?

Think hard though. "SMBX 1.4" is a new fan game all on its own. Ultimately, PGE is the best functioning program out of the three.

h2643
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Украинец

Postby h2643 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:21 am

Bryan wrote:I'm sure everyone wants to get there hands on the "SMBX 1.4" source code so they could fix things up and become the savior of the community. Right?

Think hard though. "SMBX 1.4" is a new fan game all on its own. Ultimately, PGE is the best functioning program out of the three.
Unfortunately SMBX 1.4 is banned from this community. PGE somehow isn't though.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:26 am

h2643 wrote:
Bryan wrote:I'm sure everyone wants to get there hands on the "SMBX 1.4" source code so they could fix things up and become the savior of the community. Right?

Probably because you don't need to do all kinds of stuff to get PGE to actually work.
im a girl yo

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:23 am

Spinda wrote:
h2643 wrote:

Probably because you don't need to do all kinds of stuff to get PGE to actually work.
All I had to do was change my computer's region to "Chinese Simplified". The rest of everything was in English to boot.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:30 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:All I had to do was change my computer's region to "Chinese Simplified". The rest of everything was in English to boot.
h2643 wrote: Unfortunately SMBX 1.4 is banned from this community. PGE somehow isn't though.
Actually, while that is only one step, it's still an unecessary hoop that most won't want to jump through. This is why it makes sense as to why it's banned. And you don't just have to change your computer's region, you also have to register/copy some dll's into System32 (there's a script that does that but, what if it fails? what if the game's built in dll registration fails? then what?). While the rest of the game is in Chinese and most of your apps while remain, I have a few apps that have changed to Chinese as a result of this. In addition, you'll see small things like date/time formatted differently, dates are shown in Chinese (http://i.imgur.com/AIIUb9i.png, http://i.imgur.com/yBj1p15.png, http://i.imgur.com/zgRuFiZ.png).

Someone like me is actually willing to look past this and still play around with it (and, I've had my region settings on Chinese for about a week now I haven't cared that much lol), it's fine for them. But for the average consumer who want their stuff to "just work" (just like regular SMBX does) having to jump through hoops to get an unofficial update to work is NOT ideal. And that is why 1.4 is "banned" and PGE isn't. That and, ultimately, 1.4 is a dead end still compared to PGE. PGE is active. Who the hell knows what's going on with 1.4.
what am I??? doing

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:01 pm

Yeah, I think 1. A new type of Invasion episode, 2. Tutorials, 3. Bugfixes (and English option) are what is preventing this from really being the next big thing. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ShadowStarX » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:26 am

At the moment, I can get why you don't support it, because it's really hard to set up correctly.
But after it's going to be easy to set up, I don't see the problem of advertising it as a global announcement and the most supported version.
I mean, everyone who plays smbx wants one thing: an even stronger smbx or a sequel to it.
And there isn't a high amount of unofficial SMBX versions flying around, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

So, in my opinion: after Wohlstand and Kevsoft can make it easy to set up, we should really support and not just stickying it.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:27 am

ShadowStarX wrote:At the moment, I can get why you don't support it, because it's really hard to set up correctly.
But after it's going to be easy to set up, I don't see the problem of advertising it as a global announcement and the most supported version.
I mean, everyone who plays smbx wants one thing: an even stronger smbx or a sequel to it.
And there isn't a high amount of unofficial SMBX versions flying around, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

So, in my opinion: after Wohlstand and Kevsoft can make it easy to set up, we should really support and not just stickying it.
that's a pretty big what if that's the only issue.
what am I??? doing

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:21 pm

ShadowStarX wrote:At the moment, I can get why you don't support it, because it's really hard to set up correctly.

If you've played it, you can tell that there are too many bugs to call it a clear cut winner.

My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Voymo
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Voymo » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:17 pm

Warning: Wall of text following :p

I would rather prefer SMBX 1.4.1 or PGE SMBX over SMBX+LunaLUA, but I still use SMBX 1.3.0.2+LunaLUA, because it's the best solution at the moment if you want to have a good time playing episodes in. The reason I don't actually prefer the 1.3.0.2+LunaLUA is that to make use of it's actual benefits you need to be able to code in LUA, and I have more important things to do than spending 9999 hours on learning how to code (and I guess for most of the forum's visitors and SMBX's players it's the same). The PGE Engine is still in Alpha and you cannot play episodes with it correctly, at this point uo SMBX 1.4.1 beats it even, it's engine is more advanced at the moment, while the PGE Editor is better than that of SMBX 1.4.1 (looking at bugs), while SMBX 1.4.1 already has new content added, but I like Wohlstand's way of doing things more there, FIRST making it stable and THEN adding new stuff.

Conclusion is: I actually have downloaded the uo SMBX 1.4.1 and at the moment I like it more than PGE, when ignoring all the bugs. That's because it's creator actually kept the editor's and engine's layout as it was in Redigit's SMBX. I am not a fan of design/layout changes... But you can definitly make better levels with the PGE Editor than with any other SMBX out there.

And: Avira identified that Chinese SMBX 1.4.1 app as a virus. If you/we want to make that version widespread and popular, virus scanners must not identify it as virus, because if so it makes people feel afraid of that app. Secondly you need to be careful. Making SMBX even better than it actually is with v1.3 makes it even more better than Nintendo's Mario maker, and you know what a fuss Nintendo makes about if you create fan games with mostly content from games that are 25 years old. I think that news is awesome, reading that SMBX maybe getting better than 1.3 faster and I hope the money-grubbing Nintendo company will not force Wohlstand's work down at the end like they did with Redigit's.
Last edited by Voymo on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:04 pm

Voymo wrote:Warning: Wall of text following :p
The reason I don't actually prefer the 1.3.0.2+LunaLUA is that to make use of it's actual benefits you need to be able to code in LUA, and I have more important things to do than spending 9999 hours on learning how to code (and I guess for most of the forum's visitors and SMBX's players it's the same)..
You know you can also just use the awesome stuff people released for it like the smb3 overhaul from XerX for example. Also the LunaLua build even fixes bugs which 1.3.0.1 has.

Voymo
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Voymo » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:39 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:You know you can also just use the awesome stuff people released for it like the smb3 overhaul from XerX for example. Also the LunaLua build even fixes bugs which 1.3.0.1 has.
Yep, I appreciate that, that's also the reason why I use this, and not vanilla SMBX :D

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:00 pm

Does 1.4 support LUA?
If not then I wont update,

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

Return to “Events and Announcements”