SMBX 1.3.0.1

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Wohlstand
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Flair: 狐エンジニア

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:25 pm

Artemis008 wrote:Does 1.4 support LUA?
If not then I wont update,
1.4.1 supports TeaScript which has less features than Lua.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:51 pm

Guess I'm not upgrading, thanks for the info!

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:30 pm

SMBX 1.3.0.1 and SMBX 1.4 are two totally different programs.

Phmuller
Goomba
Goomba

My Ideas.

Postby Phmuller » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:57 am

Well, I have some new ideas for the next one. Well, here's the list:

-There will be a button (in the editor and in the game) that lets you switch from style, just like Mario Maker, and the styles are:
SMB1 (NES), SMB2 (SNES), SMB3 (SNES), SMW, NSMB.U (Wii U) and Paper Mario, I just don't know wich of the games of Paper Mario to choose. I reccomend Sticker Star/Super Paper Mario

-More Koopalings!

-Items will have variatons by scrolling the mouse, like Mario Maker, when you add a mushroom, when you shake it, and various others. With this function, you'll be able
to create things that are not in the editor. For example, if you scroll a bullet bill launcher, you'll have a bull's eye bill! (Works for everyone)

-There will be OTHER button that lets you change the scenario, for example, you want to change ground to underground, but quickly, then you hit that button and, tada!

-Also, special effects were going to be good, but we were going to imitate Mario Maker.

-Custom music?

Well, you can always reply to my post If you have any ideas!

-Phmuller

Wohlstand
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:03 am

Phmuller wrote:Well, I have some new ideas for the next one. Well, here's the list:

-There will be a button (in the editor and in the game) that lets you switch from style, just like Mario Maker, and the styles are:
SMB1 (NES), SMB2 (SNES), SMB3 (SNES), SMW, NSMB.U (Wii U) and Paper Mario, I just don't know wich of the games of Paper Mario to choose. I reccomend Sticker Star/Super Paper Mario

-More Koopalings!

-Items will have variatons by scrolling the mouse, like Mario Maker, when you add a mushroom, when you shake it, and various others. With this function, you'll be able
to create things that are not in the editor. For example, if you scroll a bullet bill launcher, you'll have a bull's eye bill! (Works for everyone)

You can reply my post If you have new ideas.

-Phmuller
I think, you is not know that SMBX developement was stopped in 2011'th year by it's creator.
Read history carefully:
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/pgewiki/History_of_SMBX

Anyway, now we are have succrssors:

PGE Project - SMBX-compatible cross-platform game engine which solves any bugs of SMBX Engine and provides exchanged functional and tool set, coded in C++:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 69&t=10913

Visual Super Mario Bros. X - a second successor by AeroMatter (aka GhostHawk) coded in VisualBasic.NET:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =51&t=2679
Last edited by Wohlstand on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:38 pm

Personally, I prefer PGE over Visual SMBX. Don't get me wrong, I like what AeroMatter has done with VSMBX but to me PGE is better because it is coded in C++ (better programming language in general), making it cross-platform, and it will offer a lot more options. PGE is not restricted to Mario either, thus, other types of levels can be made with it - that would also avoid copyright issues.

However, both programs are far from actually being publicly available and stable, at least for now.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:35 am

Wohlstand wrote:
Phmuller wrote:Well, I have some new ideas for the next one. Well, here's the list:

-More Koopalings!

You can reply my post If you have new ideas.

-Phmuller
I think, you is not know that SMBX developement was stopped in 2011'th year by it's creator.
Read history carefully:

PGE Project - SMBX-compatible cross-platform game engine which solves any bugs of SMBX Engine and provides exchanged functional and tool set, coded in C++:

Visual Super Mario Bros. X - a second successor by AeroMatter (aka GhostHawk) coded in VisualBasic.NET:
Shouldn't you add smbx 1.4 into that (since it's technically smbx)
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

Wohlstand
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:52 am

lighthouse64 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:I think, you is not know that SMBX developement was stopped in 2011'th year by it's creator.
Read history carefully:

Shouldn't you add smbx 1.4 into that (since it's technically smbx)
That already in my signature + is not completely researched yet

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

CristiX56
Swooper
Swooper

Postby CristiX56 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:44 pm

Its Something Diferent about ZIP Download And Normal Download? And Why Normal Has 257 MB and Zip Has 136 MB?
New in Smbx,Pro on level editor
Current Progress:
Extreme Boss Rush
Mario Badest nightmare
Luigi Strikes back! (inspired by Toad Strikes Back)
I dont have a last one Choose one : Wart Takeover or Koopalings for the Past and Future

Wohlstand
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:49 pm

CristiX56 wrote:Its Something Diferent about ZIP Download And Normal Download? And Why Normal Has 257 MB and Zip Has 136 MB?
Different compression algorithms: installer packs worster than ZIP.
Anyway, you would take LunaLUA-based SMBX download, it has much lesser size (118 MB) because most of musics replaced with OGG and SPC's which are: OGG has less size and better quality, each SPC file has 64 KB and provides ORIGINAL sound because SPC is an original chip tune format.
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/LunaLua/
(check full download and then check "download compete standalone game")
Take "SMBX 1.3.0.2 Hexed" or "A2XT Hexed" because there are more stable than Vanilia+Launcher, but you must destroy your Antivirus (Worst of them - Avira or Avast!, I would recommend you to use AVG as good free antivirus)
Last edited by Wohlstand on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Pseudo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Phmuller, there will never, barring a miracle, be a new version of SMBX with actual new functionality. PlatGenWohl and VSMBX (and SMBX 1.4 I guess but it's very buggy) are the closest we're getting in the forseeable future. Sorry about that.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Wohlstand
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:PlatGenWohl.
Please, be sure than this title is legacy, Currently it's PGE Project (Platform Game Engine Project), or simply PGE (PGE Editor and PGE Engine)

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Pseudo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:16 pm

Ah apologies, I didn't realize that wasn't an official name any more. Thanks. PGE it is then.

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Voymo
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Voymo » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:24 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:Phmuller, there will never, barring a miracle, be a new version of SMBX with actual new functionality. PlatGenWohl and VSMBX (and SMBX 1.4 I guess but it's very buggy) are the closest we're getting in the forseeable future. Sorry about that.
Nonsense. Wohlstand is our new Redigit :D I believe in the PGE project. Just wait a year more I guess.

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Pseudo » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Oh I absolutely believe in PGE myself too! I'm just saying that it's not quite the same thing as a new official SMBX version.

- a spam account, 2016

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:12 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:Oh I absolutely believe in PGE myself too! I'm just saying that it's not quite the same thing as a new official SMBX version.
Obviously. It's entirely new game that just happens to offer SMBX compability.

PGE has more potential because it will serve more than just the SMBX fan base.

ShoeHorn
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby ShoeHorn » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:17 pm

well, I could really use a fix to THAT bug. (auto-scroll only works in section 1)

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:55 pm

ShoeHorn wrote:well, I could really use a fix to THAT bug. (auto-scroll only works in section 1)
Can't be fixed in 1.3.0.1

Wohlstand
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:07 pm

ShoeHorn wrote:well, I could really use a fix to THAT bug. (auto-scroll only works in section 1)
If you wish a better autoscroll (which can be dynamically scrolled and toggled, can be enabled in any sections and it will start since player enter into autoscrollable section, etc.), let to do an alpha-test of PGE Engine ;)

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

55jedat555
Bit
Bit
Flair: flare

Postby 55jedat555 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:20 am

Hello everyone!
The question I'm about to ask may sound a bit repeated, but I was wondering if SMBX is compatible with Windows 10? My computer says it is, but I want to make sure SMBX will keep working even if I upgrade my system.
My YouTube channel: jedat555
Check out my levels!
"Don't trust your eyes, trust mine."
I support:
Spoiler: show

Return to “Events and Announcements”