SMBX 1.3.0.1

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Valtteri » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:57 am

lighthouse64 wrote:
Valtteri wrote:
lighthouse64 wrote:I noticed something. Brinstar is supposed to be the metroid charge music.
Isn't it?
Here brinstar has the metroid charge music: http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-sou ... instar.mp3
That's the Brinstar theme from Metroid: Zero Mission. SMBX uses the remix of the same song from the Catch mode from Tetris DS.

Onule
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Onule » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Good news, I may have found the problem with my SMBX freezing at the level editor. My CPU is a quad core. I set the processor affinity of smbx to 2 cores instead of all 4. The 2 cores assigned still get the spikes but no longer freezes up my computer.

Well, SMBX still freezes for a bit when alt-tabbing or switching to a different window.
Not really satisfied with that, still gonna see what's the problem.

I've used 1.3.0.1 before and did not have these issues.

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Postby lighthouse64 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:02 pm

Valtteri wrote: That's the Brinstar theme from Metroid: Zero Mission. SMBX uses the remix of the same song from the Catch mode from Tetris DS.
Oh ok. Thx You mean metroid charge right?
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

y479021776
Rex
Rex

Postby y479021776 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:39 pm

I like these high quality musics,but I don't like these sound effects.

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:33 am

y479021776 wrote:I don't like these sound effects.
How come, exactly? They sound a lot better than the ones SMBX 1.3 had to offer in my opinion.
previously known as Kep

y479021776
Rex
Rex

Postby y479021776 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:02 pm

Kep wrote:
y479021776 wrote:I don't like these sound effects.
How come, exactly? They sound a lot better than the ones SMBX 1.3 had to offer in my opinion.
hammer,gotstar,pipe(hurt),bowserdied...I like 1.3 sfx better.
The P-switch BGM,the stopping sfx I edited it to NES style,because I don't like 1.3.0.1 sfx.

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:23 pm

y479021776 wrote:hammer,gotstar,pipe(hurt),bowserdied...I like 1.3 sfx better.
The P-switch BGM,the stopping sfx I edited it to NES style,because I don't like 1.3.0.1 sfx.
So you prefer the lazily recorded, bad quality sounds. That's fine.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Valtteri wrote:
y479021776 wrote:hammer,gotstar,pipe(hurt),bowserdied...I like 1.3 sfx better.
So you prefer the lazily recorded, bad quality sounds. That's fine.
Yes he dislikes your good stuff :D

mariofan 64
Blooper
Blooper
Current Project: stuff in rpg maker and arc 1 of mario videos

Postby mariofan 64 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:36 pm

I know it's tough, but could SMBX 2.0 have looping music and the ability to switch between 2d and 3d level editors? 3d as in the quality of Super Mario 64 on the N64. Using the same layer/event system and health bar systems combined, a user could very well create true games. If no 3d editor, at least the looping music and significantly increased number of graphics to choose from and a MUCH LARGER SELECTION in music. :mrgreen:
I'll gladly download that as long as it has the same requirements as this version does(based on installed programs. .net framework downloads are (a word I don't generally use) and uninstall everything just when it's almost done installing. It's (put word here) madness, it is)
BE HAPPY :D

EDIT: Looks like a Cheep-Cheep to me. :D
I has youtube now...with some activity :D

Projects: Infinite Mario Bros. For PGE (On the PGE Website, of course) (temp hiatus for other projects, see second link in spoiler for details)
----------RPG games, not related to Mario at all :/
----------A ???? game made in Gamemaker.

Completed: Schedules, Plans, Pages, And Other Things

Processing...Processing...Completed. See message below:
Spoiler: show
Mario Infinity: Quest to Stabilize the World (WIP)
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=568
FACEBOOKS:
https://www.facebook.com/EBTKSPaddy
MAI PATREON:
https://www.patreon.com/ebtkspaddy
MAH FRIEND'S YOUTUBES WHERE ME AND MAH FRIEND'S ARE AT:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRoSEH ... rVJdozjwUA

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:11 am

^
There isn't going to be an SMBX 2.0. The creator, Redigit, left the community in 2010 and has no chance of ever coming back. The project was shut down by Nintendo (since Redigit's site contained ads, presumably). There are SMBX successors being developed that are coming along quite well, Wohlstand's PlatGenWohl (in the SMBX General section) and GhostHawk's VSMBX (in the Video Games section), but they will 99.9999999999999999999999% never have a 3D mode. That's an extremely tall order to make, it's hard enough to develop a 2D Mario clone.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:00 pm

mariofan 64 wrote:I know it's tough, but could SMBX 2.0 have looping music and the ability to switch between 2d and 3d level editors? 3d as in the quality of Super Mario 64 on the N64. Using the same layer/event system and health bar systems combined, a user could very well create true games. If no 3d editor, at least the looping music and significantly increased number of graphics to choose from and a MUCH LARGER SELECTION in music. :mrgreen:
I'll gladly download that as long as it has the same requirements as this version does(based on installed programs. .net framework downloads are (a word I don't generally use) and uninstall everything just when it's almost done installing. It's (put word here) madness, it is)
BE HAPPY :D

EDIT: Looks like a Cheep-Cheep to me. :D
If you wanna 3D Mario game, fell free to take:
- Bullet Physics engine to calculate physics of 3D world
- C++ knowage
- Paint.NET, Pinta or GIMP to draw textures
- Blender to create a 3D models
- MinGW compiller for Windows (or GCC for Linux)
- SDL and OpenGL Libraries for graphics
and good luck :D

Also I will repeat Pseudo-dino's means: Main concept of SMBX is a 2D SNES-stylyzed Mario games. Super Mario 64 in SNES is a (how I understand) joke, mixing of multiple universes, creating united, but SNES-stylyzed.

And also, take links to the developing successors of SMBX:

Ghosthawk's VSMBX:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =51&t=2679
It is a long time project of alternate SMBX game engine which building on the .NET platform., written with VisualBasic.NET language. This project is not going to be compatible with SMBX, but it using SMBX's stuff and saving SMBX's concept with SMBX-like editor which have almost same UI style. Now available to download the testing version of VSMBX.

My PGE Project:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=1147
In December 2013 I had a desire to create new engine for SMBX games, and in doing so, give it a new life. The main and important idea of project - to give possible for any user to creating platform games from exists media which you have or which you can draw yourself. This concept I was got from SMBX to my developing engine. My purposes is not repeat SMBX in the same view, My purpose is implementation of SMBX-compatible and flexible game engine which not only give to SMBX a new features, flexibility, speed-optimization, bug-fixing, possible to natively build and run on Linux and Mac OS, etc; Which also is giving of full freedom to creation of games for other universes, not only about Mario. Now is available a full featured editor which now using as alternate editor for SMBX.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

ThatOneGuy106
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby ThatOneGuy106 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:40 am

The SMBX level editor does not work on my Windows XP 32 bit Desktop. Any idea why? The normal game works though and it is great.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:14 pm

ThatOneGuy106 wrote:The SMBX level editor does not work on my Windows XP 32 bit Desktop. Any idea why? The normal game works though and it is great.
I have Windows XP SP3 Professional 32 bit and anything works.
What you see when you try to open editor?

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

ThatOneGuy106
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby ThatOneGuy106 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
ThatOneGuy106 wrote:The SMBX level editor does not work on my Windows XP 32 bit Desktop. Any idea why? The normal game works though and it is great.
All it does is freeze. Oh and I have XP home edition.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:41 pm

ThatOneGuy106 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:
1) How many RAM you have? I have 4 GB on my Windows XP machine (but using only 3)
2) What CPU and how many Hz you have? My CPU on Windows XP machine is AMD Athlon 64, single core, 2.4 Ghz
If it don't wanna work, you also can try my SMBX editor (it should work, but without level testing yet)

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

ThatOneGuy106
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby ThatOneGuy106 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:23 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
ThatOneGuy106 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote: I have Windows XP SP3 Professional 32 bit and anything works.
1) How many RAM you have? I have 4 GB on my Windows XP machine (but using only 3)
2) What CPU and how many Hz you have? My CPU on Windows XP machine is AMD Athlon 64, single core, 2.4 Ghz
If it don't wanna work, you also can try my SMBX editor (it should work, but without level testing yet)
512 MB RAM 2.80 GHz And my sticker is scratched so i don't know the rest. Problably my RAM.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:32 pm

ThatOneGuy106 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote: 1) How many RAM you have? I have 4 GB on my Windows XP machine (but using only 3)
512 MB RAM 2.80 GHz And my sticker is scratched so i don't know the rest. Problably my RAM.
Too small RAM for SMBX: SMBX usually eat 250-300 and even 400 MB RAM (also, because it have the unfixed memory leaks, SMBX can eat 1024 MB and can be crashed with "out of memory" or can be frozen), Windows XP machine works with 512 MB size too slow (I know lot's of PC's with 512 MB Size and know it).
When you will add even +512 (1 GB RAM), you will get big increasing of performance (~x1.5...x2.3).
How I sayd, you can try alternate editor for SMBX or you need buy more RAM

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

ThatOneGuy106
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby ThatOneGuy106 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:41 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
ThatOneGuy106 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote: 512 MB RAM 2.80 GHz And my sticker is scratched so i don't know the rest. Problably my RAM.
Too small RAM for SMBX: SMBX usually eat 250-300 and even 400 MB RAM (also, because it have the unfixed memory leaks, SMBX can eat 1024 MB and can be crashed with "out of memory" or can be frozen), Windows XP machine works with 512 MB size too slow (I know lot's of PC's with 512 MB Size and know it).
When you will add even +512 (1 GB RAM), you will get big increasing of performance (~x1.5...x2.3).
How I sayd, you can try alternate editor for SMBX or you need buy more RAM
Thank you. Though I don't see how the actual game would take less RAM then the level editor.... Also PGE works great. No lagg.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:07 pm

ThatOneGuy106 wrote: Thank you. Though I don't see how the actual game would take less RAM then the level editor....
why SMBX's editor taking more RAM than game?
I will tell you:
- when you start game, starting only game engine part with data: all musics, graphics, sounds loading into your memory complete (because GIF - compressed format, when it loading into RAM, it uncompressing and in the RAM have size 1 MB unlike compressed ~120 Kb). Total size of data files is ~100...250 MB, but in RAM will be 200...340 MB.
- when you start editor, also initializing into RAM the GUI with editing tools which allocating more memory (it loads engine and editor together, because SMBX is an Editor+Engine in one application file).

P.S. if you will try to use my editor, you can disable animation effects to speed up performance.
ThatOneGuy106 wrote: Also PGE works great. No lagg.
;-)

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

ThatOneGuy106
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby ThatOneGuy106 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
ThatOneGuy106 wrote: Thank you. Though I don't see how the actual game would take less RAM then the level editor....
why SMBX's editor taking more RAM than game?
I will tell you:
- when you start game, starting only game engine part with data: all musics, graphics, sounds loading into your memory complete (because GIF - compressed format, when it loading into RAM, it uncompressing and in the RAM have size 1 MB unlike compressed ~120 Kb). Total size of data files is ~100...250 MB, but in RAM will be 200...340 MB.
- when you start editor, also initializing into RAM the GUI with editing tools which allocating more memory (it loads engine and editor together, because SMBX is an Editor+Engine in one application file).

P.S. if you will try to use my editor, you can disable animation effects to speed up performance.
ThatOneGuy106 wrote: Also PGE works great. No lagg.
;-)
Oh I get it now.

Wait... Your editor? I didn't notice that! I wanna make something like that.

Return to “Events and Announcements”