SMBX 1.3.0.1

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Nanaya Jacob
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: When's Mafia
Current Project: "nothing"
Chat Username: Nanaya Jacob

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Nanaya Jacob » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:13 pm

No... only if you rewrite all of the code of the game most likly.
CurrentBIGMOOD11/9/18: show
Don't expect me to do anything SMBX related, I'm only really here for nostalgia and Mafia.
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
1 wrote:Mafia is such a riveting game when you make accusations on Night fucking 1 ain't it?

ImperatoreXx
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby ImperatoreXx » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:23 am

source code as we know it is lost, but I think the community has to get used to not having the same SMBx recreation but something more advanced!
So you have to get an idea whether to accept a version of SMBx born on visual basic com smbx I then recreated the old definerei January saw the times, or a next gen version as that of plagenwolh.
I am referring to the period, in fact if I VSMBX prove to be a good editor a little thought you can do.
In conclusion move away from the idea of ​​smbx 1.3.0.? because without a source code that you will not go forward ammeno that does not happen a miracle!
ImperatoreXx

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:50 pm

What did u say pls?

ellingtonisland
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby ellingtonisland » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:35 pm

Joey wrote:

Download
.zip

Please note that we are not capable of adding substantial new features (powerups/custom buttons/etc.) to the level editor. Also note that there are no viruses/malware/adware in any of these download links; just be sure you're not mistakenly clicking on ads.

Changelog:
Spoiler: show
Changes for 1.3.0.1:

Editor
-The button icons for various items no longer use GBA palettes.
-SMB2 Grass slopes have been fixed.
-SMB3 Wood slopes have been fixed.
-SMW Castle tiles have been fixed.
-New SMB3 sizables have been added.
-New SMW sizables have been added.
-Graphics with the GBA version palette now use the SNES palette like the rest of the graphics in the game.
-Various other graphical fixes.

Players
-Tanooki Mario is no longer missing a row of pixels on top.
-Toad now uses the sprite from SMB2 for the SNES. (He has more spots on his hat.)

Main Game
-New Princess Cliche has been added as a default episode.
-Two new battle stages have been added.
-There's a new intro level.

Music
-All music now has increased quality.

Sound
-All sounds now have increased quality.
Screenshots
ImageImage

i have a suggestion for a future update, add a way for the players star count to trigger events eg, once the player has 10 or more stars, hidden layers triggered by this event will show up in different levels

beanluv
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: go commit springlock
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. - The Missing Stars (38A only)
Chat Username: beanluv

Postby beanluv » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Please note that we are not capable of adding substantial new features (powerups/custom buttons/etc.) to the level editor.
This also means anything I share that's SMBX related will be for the 38A version. You are more than welcome to make masked versions of my graphic submissions for any versions of SMBX that use sprite masks. Please just let me know.

Come join the SMBX 38A Server!

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:42 pm

ellingtonisland wrote:i have a suggestion for a future update, add a way for the players star count to trigger events eg, once the player has 10 or more stars, hidden layers triggered by this event will show up in different levels
We're not capable of adding new things to SMBX.
previously known as Kep

Bryux
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Bryux » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:48 pm

ellingtonisland wrote:
Joey wrote:

Download
.zip

Please note that we are not capable of adding substantial new features (powerups/custom buttons/etc.) to the level editor. Also note that there are no viruses/malware/adware in any of these download links; just be sure you're not mistakenly clicking on ads.

Changelog:
Changes for 1.3.0.1:

Editor
-The button icons for various items no longer use GBA palettes.
-SMB2 Grass slopes have been fixed.
-SMB3 Wood slopes have been fixed.
-SMW Castle tiles have been fixed.
-New SMB3 sizables have been added.
-New SMW sizables have been added.
-Graphics with the GBA version palette now use the SNES palette like the rest of the graphics in the game.
-Various other graphical fixes.

Players
-Tanooki Mario is no longer missing a row of pixels on top.
-Toad now uses the sprite from SMB2 for the SNES. (He has more spots on his hat.)

Main Game
-New Princess Cliche has been added as a default episode.
-Two new battle stages have been added.
-There's a new intro level.

Music
-All music now has increased quality.

Sound
-All sounds now have increased quality.
Screenshots
ImageImage

i have a suggestion for a future update, add a way for the players star count to trigger events eg, once the player has 10 or more stars, hidden layers triggered by this event will show up in different levels
LunaDLL might be able to do that.
Obligatory signaturtle
Oh yeah. Praise the moon!

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:22 pm

ellingtonisland wrote: i have a suggestion for a future update, add a way for the players star count to trigger events eg, once the player has 10 or more stars, hidden layers triggered by this event will show up in different levels
Good and bad news for you buddy,

Bad news:They can't do that, Sorry, The source code was lost when redigit stopped working in the game, all they can do is graphical stuff...

Good News:This: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =51&t=2679 is a replacement for smbx, And the developer will be taking suggestions around Christmastime (December if your country doesn't celebrate it), You can ask for your idea to be implemented then! :D
I'll be honest, I'm not sure If I'm gonna come back here...

vd16

vinyl's quest

Postby vd16 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:30 pm

my game... VINYL'S QUEST

EDIT: the game is about me: vinyl dash 16.... I dress up in a Mario costume and go on an adventure through 4 worlds... but not every thing is as it seems, join me as I journey through sword carrying goombas to to koopa clown cars driven by bowser and his son, this is only a project so I'm all open for Ideas for bosses, levels, and graphics, yes especially graphics
Last edited by Aero on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't double post please, just edit your original post.

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Re: vinyl's quest

Postby Valtteri » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:16 am

vd16 wrote:my game... VINYL'S QUEST

EDIT: the game is about me: vinyl dash 16.... I dress up in a Mario costume and go on an adventure through 4 worlds... but not every thing is as it seems, join me as I journey through sword carrying goombas to to koopa clown cars driven by bowser and his son, this is only a project so I'm all open for Ideas for bosses, levels, and graphics, yes especially graphics
If you want to start a SMBX project, this isn't the place. Post a new topic in the Projects forum. And you must have screenshots before you can post it.

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind
Current Project: People will only care about certain facts just as long as they backup their own beliefs.
Chat Username: Hello#3856

Re: vinyl's quest

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:20 pm

vd16 wrote:my game... VINYL'S QUEST
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.

RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:08 am

I noticed something. Brinstar is supposed to be the metroid charge music.
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:12 am

lighthouse64 wrote:I noticed something. Brinstar is supposed to be the metroid charge music.
Isn't it?

NinjaDuckie
Goomba
Goomba

Postby NinjaDuckie » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:43 am

Hi,

You might want to re-upload SMBX as 1.3.0.2.

This time, take out the already-existing save files? Basically I installed and started playing yesterday, on the Princess Cliche levelset.
Today I switched on and picked The Invasion 2, and I'm literally looking at two save files, one with x76 lives and 7 stars. I take it this wasn't included intentionally.

Registered simply to let you know since with a cursory glance over your forums, it looks like it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Onule
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Onule » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Something's weird with SMBX 1.3.0.1 on my end, whenever I start or leave a level on the level editor, it causes CPU spikes.

Testing with the regular 1.3 SMBX, didn't have this problem.

EDIT: Not to mention the high CPU use at all times. This is after I closed SMBX 1.3.0.1.

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:13 pm

Sure this has nothing to do with other Programs that runs with it in the background and foreground? Maybe that could be it...

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Onule wrote:Something's weird with SMBX 1.3.0.1 on my end, whenever I start or leave a level on the level editor, it causes CPU spikes.

EDIT: Not to mention the high CPU use at all times. This is after I closed SMBX 1.3.0.1.
For some reason the lunadll one does that too. I think someone wondered if hacking SMBX makes it run worse.
Last edited by bossedit8 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Quote - Spoiler at the Images added

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Onule
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Onule » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:41 pm

Problem seems to happen whenever the game loses window focus or so. Even just clicking the taskbar causes it to happen. Also tried without any non-essential programs running.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:12 pm

I get pretty high CPU usage rates regardless of SMBX version if I remember correctly.

The future 1.3.0.2 release will hopefully make those rates more consistent with 1.3, if that makes any difference.

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Postby lighthouse64 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:26 am

Valtteri wrote:
lighthouse64 wrote:I noticed something. Brinstar is supposed to be the metroid charge music.
Isn't it?
Here brinstar has the metroid charge music: http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-sou ... instar.mp3
FanofSMBX wrote:
Onule wrote:Something's weird with SMBX 1.3.0.1 on my end, whenever I start or leave a level on the level editor, it causes CPU spikes.

For some reason the lunadll one does that too. I think someone wondered if hacking SMBX makes it run worse.
Try checking your running applications.
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

Return to “Events and Announcements”