Page 44 of 45

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:09 pm
by Electriking
Chanceux2 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:48 pm
Have a look around. You can choose between SMBX2PAL on this site or 1.4.5 (also called "38A") on Wohlstand's site
Those aren't real verzions
[/quote]

Incorrect.

SMBX2 is an update to 1.3 and considered official. 1.4/38A is a completely different engine with limited compatibility between itself and SMBX2/1.3, and is not considered official and therefore not promoted (but stilled accepted) on this site.

The only difference between 1.3- and SMBX2+ is that the latter is not being worked on by Redigit, who abandoned SMBX after 1.3 to work on Terraria (so you will have to buy that if you still want a game that is both worked on by Redigit and still recieves updates), otherwise it is still the same engine, but with more content and a different team of developers.

38A/1.4 is completey different from SMBX2/1.3, and also a version I don't recommend because of the many issues with the engine and the developer's attitude towards fans of his engine.

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:15 pm
by Cedur
Chanceux2 wrote:Yeah me too! NSMBX would me awesome!

Wooooow. You responded to a 5 year old post. NSMBX was a project and forum that existed in these past days. Times have changed a LOT since then. At the same time you've been snarky to the currently existing progressions of SMBX.

Also Electriking, you might want to look at the state of 1.4.5, e.g. I heard that it fixes the awkward physics.

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:24 pm
by Chanceux2
Cedur wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:15 pm
Chanceux2 wrote:Yeah me too! NSMBX would me awesome!

Wooooow. You responded to a 5 year old post. NSMBX was a project and forum that existed in these past days. Times have changed a LOT since then. At the same time you've been snarky to the currently existing progressions of SMBX.

Also Electriking, you might want to look at the state of 1.4.5, e.g. I heard that it fixes the awkward physics.
ummmmmmmmm ooooppppps?

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:17 pm
by Enjl
SDA - SMBX wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:06 pm
You are quite tough, eh? I will immediately take action on this.
I will just say that it is very difficult to understand people who are unwilling to share their reasoning for something. There is no reason to get defensive over choosing a factually inferior program. It's an opinion which I do not wish to sway, but moreso to understand. Would you like to share what you dislike about SMBX2?

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:37 am
by SDA - SMBX
Would you like to share what you dislike about SMBX2?
NO!

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:39 am
by Enjl
That's unfortunate. Why not?

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:48 am
by SDA - SMBX
Enjl wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:39 am
That's unfortunate. Why not?
STOP TALKING TO ME!

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:52 am
by Enjl
Alright. Just remember that it's completely normal for people to try want to understand other people's stances on things, and that people are likely to not take you seriously if you fail to do so. Goodbye.

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:50 am
by DiamondDude
So... confused on these versions of SMBX?
What would be considered good for just playing in general?
I mean, 1.3? 1.4,5? 2.0?
So confused...

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:08 am
by Cedur
For just playing episodes in general, you should still go with SMBX2 Beta 3. As it's been said many times, X2PAL is not reliable enough to play episodes on it.

If you want to check out the new features in PAL and play standalone levels for it, then get X2PAL as well.

There is not really anything speaking in favor of 1.3, unless you can't run SMBX2 for some reason.

1.4's are its completely own thing. These engines work differently and are not compatible with anything else. Hence always pay attention to version specifications in episode/level threads.

Also both X2PAL and 1.4.5 are known for being flagged by antiviruses, ignore and try to get around that.

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:51 am
by SDA - SMBX
Again I'm not going to use SMBX2. Got it or do I have to repeat it one billion times more?

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:53 am
by FireyPaperMario
SDA - SMBX wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:51 am
Again I'm not going to use SMBX2. Got it or do I have to repeat it one billion times more?
I got it, you hate SMBX2 for personal reasons! Can you please let it go

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:55 am
by SDA - SMBX
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:53 am
SDA - SMBX wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:51 am
Again I'm not going to use SMBX2. Got it or do I have to repeat it one billion times more?
I got it, you hate SMBX2 for personal reasons! Can you please let it go
Only if everybody stops telling me to use the newest version.

Okay?

This is not how I wanted to start 2020...

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:43 pm
by DrMekar
SDA - SMBX wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:51 am
Only if everybody stops telling me to use the newest version.

Okay?

This is not how I wanted to start 2020...
In this Topic I can't spot anyone saying that you should get the newest version. Just an advise at it's highest. SMBX2 isen't
easy to get in to the first time, when you used 1.3 for Years, though after you used it a while you'll get around as good as
before.

I also refused 2.0 for a long time, because I was stupid or something and only started using 2.0, because 1.3 suddently stopped
working for me. (Still don't know why)

Be free to use 1.3, though it will defenitly be hard to find Level Designers for Projects, that's for sure.

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:49 pm
by SDA - SMBX
DrMekar wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:43 pm
SDA - SMBX wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:51 am
Only if everybody stops telling me to use the newest version.

Okay?

This is not how I wanted to start 2020...
In this Topic I can't spot anyone saying that you should get the newest version. Just an advise at it's highest. SMBX2 isen't
easy to get in to the first time, when you used 1.3 for Years, though after you used it a while you'll get around as good as
before.

I also refused 2.0 for a long time, because I was stupid or something and only started using 2.0, because 1.3 suddently stopped
working for me. (Still don't know why)

Be free to use 1.3, though it will defenitly be hard to find Level Designers for Projects, that's for sure.
Don't make me mad, please. Just don't. Also I will make my episode all by myself, I don't need the help of anyone!

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:34 pm
by Cedur
This wasn't even provoked by anything. He's finally been banned for his attitude.

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:08 pm
by SuperSmashbroFanX
SDA - SMBX wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:48 am
Enjl wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:39 am
That's unfortunate. Why not?
STOP TALKING TO ME!
Why r u so meen and hostile twoards everyone who use 2.0 its waaaaaaaaay better than 1.3 :lol:

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:00 am
by SDA - SMBX
SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:08 pm
SDA - SMBX wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:48 am
Enjl wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:39 am
That's unfortunate. Why not?
STOP TALKING TO ME!
Why r u so meen and hostile twoards everyone who use 2.0 its waaaaaaaaay better than 1.3 :lol:
Is upgrading to 2.0 necessary?

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:03 am
by Wohlstand
SDA - SMBX wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:00 am
Is upgrading to 2.0 necessary?
2.0 is now a mainstream, the vanilla 1.3 is now historical thing. BTW, Better to say install 2.0, it doesn't replaces 1.3, it comes as a separate installation: you'll be able to run any 1.3 or 2.0 for different cases.

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:15 am
by SDA - SMBX
I will continue using 1.3 because I think it is just going to be dumped off to disuse. Also note it was the VERY first SMBX game I ever saw (didn't know there was a 1.4 version). Of course I would never stay using 1.4.4. but please let's give a last chance to 1.3.0.1...