Reputation Mod

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Re: Reputation Mod

Postby lighthouse64 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:34 pm

GhostHawk wrote:
Kyo wrote:#Eric4president

But no really, I'm starting to think COPPA users should really have limited permissions, and I'm not saying that because I'm trying to mock him or anything.
COPPA aren't supposed to be able to post. I don't know why they can though.
That would tick off lots of people.
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:54 am

Just a thing, but why now people can uprep/downrep for the same post again? For example, you can see PaperPlayerX's reputation: he got 4 downreps for one single post. I thought you can't uprep/downrep anymore an user for a post if it already got an uprep/downrep.
im bored

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Postby Kyo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:16 pm

He just got his fifth one. This is why this community is the maturest of all :D

That post wasn't even worth any downrep, but do what you want.

Superiorstar
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Maybe a level for a change
Chat Username: ♧◇Superiorstar♡♤8812

Postby Superiorstar » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:32 pm

Kyo wrote:He just got his fifth one. This is why this community is the maturest of all :D

So we went from using the word bias all the time to using the word Mature? This shows how much people care about others...
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi

Postby RudeGuy » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Nothing I just said is related to PaperPlayerX, I used his reputation page as an example.
im bored

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Christian07 wrote:Just a thing, but why now people can uprep/downrep for the same post again? For example, you can see PaperPlayerX's reputation: he got 4 downreps for one single post. I thought you can't uprep/downrep anymore an user for a post if it already got an uprep/downrep.
That is actually pretty unfair. It's against the rules for the reputation mod. :(

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:47 pm

Christian07 wrote:Just a thing, but why now people can uprep/downrep for the same post again? For example, you can see PaperPlayerX's reputation: he got 4 downreps for one single post. I thought you can't uprep/downrep anymore an user for a post if it already got an uprep/downrep.
you can't downrep/uprep a post more than once

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Kyo wrote:He just got his fifth one. This is why this community is the maturest of all :D

When did I get a fifth one? :P
Steam:
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:04 pm

That many downreps for that single post is just asinine. One or two would've been more reasonable, as I said on my comment when I uprepped him, but FIVE downreps? Seriously, people.

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:11 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:That many downreps for that single post is just asinine. One or two would've been more reasonable, as I said on my comment when I uprepped him, but FIVE downreps? Seriously, people.
Seriously where did you guys get 5 from? :P
But thanks for the support from my friends for sticking up for me. Even though the rep system may be screwy at times, it does help remind you that there are people on your side...and people who aren't on your side. :D
Steam:

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:19 pm

this is the most ironic shit ever

first, even if that post didn't deserve that many downreps, it also didn't deserve the ammount of upreps it's getting right now.

inb4 the rebuttal: "but he got downrepped, so it makes this even"

go look at the rules boys
5. Do not uprep a user simply because they were downrepped.
and, yes, the people who downrepped the dude are also breaking another rule, i won't deny that.
5. Do not downrep a user if they've been downrepped multiple times for the same post before. You can't track downreps to the posts they were given for but if you know the user has received downreps for the post, don't downrep them again.
both sides are equally as wrong, now pls don't fuck arround with someone else's rep count.

and also
We are all 110% aware that this community is garbage in one way or another, you don't need to remind us of that shit.

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:36 pm

PaperPlayerX wrote:and people who aren't on your side. :D
You shouldn't think like that. Just because they downrepped you, you shouldn't consider them as foes.

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:56 pm

Kyo wrote:
You shouldn't think like that. Just because they downrepped you, you shouldn't consider them as foes.
That's not really what I was implying.
I don't consider any of the 4 people who DRed me foes. In fact, I would've accepted having just 1 or 2 downreps from that little conflict.
When I said this:
I was referring to people that bully and take advantage of, abuse, or misuse the downrep system. I wouldn't consider my downreppers in the wrong, but I agree that 4 is asinine.
Steam:

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi

Postby RudeGuy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:39 am

Just a thing, but can the staff can make so you are unable to uprep/downrep an user for a post if that post already got an uprep/downrep? That would make less situation like the one PaperPlayerX had before.
im bored

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:47 am

Christian07 wrote:Just a thing, but can the staff can make so you are unable to uprep/downrep an user for a post if that post already got an uprep/downrep? That would make less situation like the one PaperPlayerX had before.
That would make the rules actually be enforced. :P

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:59 am

Christian07 wrote:Just a thing, but can the staff can make so you are unable to uprep/downrep an user for a post if that post already got an uprep/downrep? That would make less situation like the one PaperPlayerX had before.
It's already in the rules, but only applies for downreps. Would be extremely stupid if it would apply for upreps.

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:07 pm

Kyo wrote:
It's already in the rules, but only applies for downreps. Would be extremely stupid if it would apply for upreps.
Yeah, especially if multiple people wanted to uprep someone for a great episode.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: take a guess

Postby Fuyu » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:00 pm

But that means nothing. Multiple people would want to downrep somebody regardless of being unfair and against the rules. The same should apply to upreps.
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Natsu wrote:But that means nothing. Multiple people would want to downrep somebody regardless of being unfair and against the rules. The same should apply to upreps.
Well, There could actually be some kind of cap then. Like for upreps it could be 5, and downreps it would be 1.

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:21 pm

Natsu wrote:But that means nothing. Multiple people would want to downrep somebody regardless of being unfair and against the rules. The same should apply to upreps.
Downrep = Punishment
Uprep = Reward

That's pretty much what the average member thinks about the reputation system. It's even true in a way, if you think about it.

There can be too much punishment, but there can't be too many rewards. If someone was being an asshole, you downrep him once and leave it. He got his punishment. If he continues, he gets the downrep fist again, but not before he did something again to deserve it. He didn't get the chance to improve. That doesn't apply for upreps, simply because you can't get too many upreps. You always have too less, but you never have too much.

What lighthouse64 said was a good point. You create a thread in which you announce or implement something pretty great, and with a project taken as instance, the thread will likely be alive for a long period of time. So why should you only receive one uprep for it?

Return to “Events and Announcements”