Reputation Mod

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Re: Reputation Mod

Postby Pseudo » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:25 pm

Magician wrote:OR IS HE?

I had my frontal lobe bitten off by an animatronic fox once. That's pretty close to a pony, I'd say. What are your motivations, Pseudo? WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR
I'LL NEVER TELL

Also thanks GhostHawk!
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Warlock
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: crazy man
Current Project: Winning University.
Chat Username: Warlock

Postby Warlock » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:55 pm

legos1236 wrote:im sorry about asking this but...what its this brony doing here??? :?: :?: :?: :| :| :|
That was VERY rude. My best friend happens to be a brony so don't say things like that. There are also quite a few bronys here so yeah.
Hey there! I'm just a normal lad. Nothing special about me, I promise.

If you have a New Super Luigi U save file on your Wii U, you automatically unlock the Luigi Bros game in SM3DW.

"I'm not sure if you need serious help, are an idiot, came here to troll, or all three at once. I'm gonna guess all three at once."

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:43 pm

I should probably point this out. We can as staff counterrep in case of abuse now (we will undo unjustified reps by up/downrepping in order to return the user's original rep). These counteractions are of course restricted to the staff and taking this upon yourself will result in warnings.

Natsu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: Kuma-san

Postby Natsu » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Oh, that's actually good to know, I still think users should be able to delete their own reps though, before a certain amount of time.
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:14 am

Valtteri wrote:I should probably point this out. We can as staff counterrep in case of abuse now (we will undo unjustified reps by up/downrepping in order to return the user's original rep). These counteractions are of course restricted to the staff and taking this upon yourself will result in warnings.
Could we actually downrep people back if their reason is unjustified? For example, if I downrepped Natsu, and I said: "I don't like your view on this," then could he downrep me back because that isn't a legitimate reason, similar to how you downrep people because of useless posts.

Natsu
Wart
Wart

Postby Natsu » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:44 am

Downrepping somebody because of an unjustified downrep sounds rather pointless and retaliatory. If anybody were to receive an unfair rep, in case it truly is unfair, they should PM a Staff member since now the Staff have the tools to remove individual reps.
Discord quotes

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:58 pm

Natsu wrote:Downrepping somebody because of an unjustified downrep sounds rather pointless and retaliatory. If anybody were to receive an unfair rep, in case it truly is unfair, they should PM a Staff member since now the Staff have the tools to remove individual reps.
Well, it's not just about getting a rep back. It's because what they made is technically a nonconstructive and useless post.

SMBXxer
Grinder
Grinder

Postby SMBXxer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:09 pm

legos1236 wrote:im sorry about asking this but...what its this brony doing here??? :?: :?: :?: :| :| :|
Well that wasn't the nicest thing you could have said...
Might be working on an episode maybe.

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<Quill> "Let it go." Anna says as Elsa cums

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:09 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:
Valtteri wrote:I should probably point this out. We can as staff counterrep in case of abuse now (we will undo unjustified reps by up/downrepping in order to return the user's original rep). These counteractions are of course restricted to the staff and taking this upon yourself will result in warnings.
Could we actually downrep people back if their reason is unjustified? For example, if I downrepped Natsu, and I said: "I don't like your view on this," then could he downrep me back because that isn't a legitimate reason, similar to how you downrep people because of useless posts.
Just report it so an admin/mod can take care of it. It will help prevent rep fighting and abuse in the long run if those decisions are made by the staff without the ability of removing reputations.

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Postby Kyo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:23 am

I understand he was being rude and such but why did he get three downreps and like ten responses for only one post?

Natsu
Wart
Wart

Postby Natsu » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:12 am

Because the ones responsible for the downreps didn't like his attitude. His post was very impolite, therefore people started to answer him and downrep him, there's not much science about it
Discord quotes

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:57 am

So if i rephrase that if i would write now "What is a Brony doing here?" in a Mario Fangame Community i would be downrepped?
Even when i would ask it nicely? And no i am not against them.

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Postby Kyo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Natsu wrote:Because the ones responsible for the downreps didn't like his attitude. His post was very impolite, therefore people started to answer him and downrep him, there's not much science about it
That's really stupid, though. Three downreps because he was being rude towards bronies in one post. What has gone into this community? You guys are all insane.

Honestly, you shouldn't be allowed to downrep a user for a post he has already been downrepped for. As far as I'm concerned, you downrep someone to tell him that he's doing something wrong, but he can't just ignore it because it leaves a little impact on his miniprofile. But if you get one downrep, you already see you did something wrong. So why the fuck are more downreps necessary? It's really unnecessary and unfair.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:40 pm

That sounds like a good rule. I'm not saying that wasn't a mean thing of him to say

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Natsu
Wart
Wart

Postby Natsu » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:43 pm

@CaptainSyrup: No matter how you rephrase that question, is without a doubt rude. It's like saying "What is this Jewish doing here?". You're instantly classifying somebody like something our society "believe" is wrong, weird, or simply not ordinary. Even if it's unfair, it's how our society works. It's our choice to change that ridiculous classification if we don't like it.

@Kyo: Agree, that minor modification would be a lot helpful and fairer.
Discord quotes

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:58 pm

Kyo wrote:That's really stupid, though. Three downreps because he was being rude towards bronies in one post. What has gone into this community? You guys are all insane.

Honestly, you shouldn't be allowed to downrep a user for a post he has already been downrepped for. As far as I'm concerned, you downrep someone to tell him that he's doing something wrong, but he can't just ignore it because it leaves a little impact on his miniprofile. But if you get one downrep, you already see you did something wrong. So why the fuck are more downreps necessary? It's really unnecessary and unfair.
I thought that was a rule already. It's there now. You can't downrep a user if they've been downrepped for the same post before.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Kyo wrote:
Natsu wrote:Because the ones responsible for the downreps didn't like his attitude. His post was very impolite, therefore people started to answer him and downrep him, there's not much science about it
That's really stupid, though. Three downreps because he was being rude towards bronies in one post. What has gone into this community? You guys are all insane.

As the guy who was targeted by this comment, I 100% agree with what Kyo is saying. Just so you know, I'm not one of the people who downrepped the guy.

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Natsu
Wart
Wart

Postby Natsu » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:22 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:I'm not one of the people who downrepped the guy.
You know you can check his reputation comments and therefore find out the ones that downrepped him, right?
Discord quotes

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:25 pm

^
Yeah, I know, I just wanted to make it clear that I held a pretty much non-hostile attitude towards the guy.

- a spam account, 2016

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Postby lighthouse64 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:50 pm

They shouldn't just do that for one post. I actually got downrepped for something worse. I was a newb, and it was my first judging at smbx. I make a crappy review and then I get downrepped by someone. -_- But Yeah, People can't go downrepping you for one rude post. Everyone does that sometimes.
I love cheep cheep's Image :)
Creator of 100+ 8bit emojis
Smiley tongue fan ImageImage Image :P
I support:
My 1337 rank was quill Image
Squishy rex has been frozen! Image

Some quotes:
[19:59] <Lykie> jacob i swear to god
[19:59] <Lykie> I YELLED AT MY MOM
[19:59] <Jacob> Im sorry