Current Project: Utopia
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Re: My Research of SMBX

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:00 am

Mabel wrote:
Wohlstand wrote: This is my little test:
I was create the dummy BGO image:
Spoiler: show

and I used them as custom BGO for PGE. This is a render result of BGO with custom size by SMBX and by PGE Editor:
Here test example of this thing: http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/_files_fo ... ckSize.zip
Oh dear god I love you so much...

now all we need is any size Backgrounds and any amount of frames BGOs and this -ish will be gold
Agreed. Look at it from this point, that is only two changes and look how many possibilities have opened up. You don't need to hack SMBX level codes, you can have steep slopes as I apparently missed and a multitude of new blocks including being able tor re-size all of the Special Blocks. So again, two changes, so many possiblities. Just imagine what you will be able to do once this is finished completely.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:11 am

Mabel wrote:now all we need is any size Backgrounds
But you can already do this. You can make backgrounds of any sizes, even the backgrounds with frames.

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:24 am

h2643 wrote:
Mabel wrote:now all we need is any size Backgrounds
But you can already do this. You can make backgrounds of any sizes, even the backgrounds with frames.
Wait, what... You can already do this? I had no idea. Do they require txt files as well or do you just make the background and it automatically registers the size?
Coming soon!

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby h2643 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:33 am

You don't need any text files. Yes, you can make background of any sizes and they will work perfectly in SMBX, it even works with backgrounds, which are animated, like this for example:
Spoiler: show
The height also can be different, but the sizes of the frames should be the same, or else it will glitch.

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:43 am

Well you do learn something new everyday. I might use this to my advantage now.
Coming soon!

Veudekato
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: in progress

Postby Veudekato » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:45 am

My channel (news about PlatGEnWohl , PlatGEnWohl tutorials,LunaDll ,and SMBX tests):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6h-42umT14iR1wa3VkOs3Q

If you want to make full screenshot of your level (big screenshot - screen of whole section) , just tell me via PM!

Natsu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: Kuma-san

Postby Natsu » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:07 pm

By the way, I've thought of an awesome idea. Why don't we change the size limit indicator (for both World Map and Level) scanning the entire file for the last tile placed in the farther part of the level/world map? If you don't understand what I just tried to say I won't blame you, I have trouble trying to understand it myself. Instead of making you try to understand this I'll give you an example. Do you happen to know Mario Builder? It's another Mario game editing engine. On Level editing settings, the section will be as large as the coordinates of the farthest tile placed. For example, if the farthest tile I place in a level is located in X=546, the level size will go horizontally up to block 546. Got it now? I want to suggest you to do the same for the level editor and world map editor so we it's easier to manage level editing and world maps have actually an end instead of going forever like in SMBX.
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

4matsy
Rex
Rex

Postby 4matsy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:56 pm

The reason SMBX doesn't already do that is because an extra tile's worth of floor is needed past the left and right boundary in a wrap-around level for enemies to correctly wrap around without being in danger of falling into the gap between the screen edges. :o

Had it happen with some shyguys on a one-screen-wide vertical level--they walked off the left edge and were never seen again, despite the wrap-around flag being checked in the level settings. Until I added the extra floor tiles past the boundaries, anyway. :p
:D

Natsu
Wart
Wart

Postby Natsu » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:02 pm

Yeah, but PlatGEnWohl != SMBX. Because of this Wohlstand should be able to look for a workaround with that problem.
Discord quotes

Veudekato
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Veudekato » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:32 am

this is bad idea. becouse section size must be customized. becouse if you can fly (racoon for example) you will cant go after last block. its 1 example
My channel (news about PlatGEnWohl , PlatGEnWohl tutorials,LunaDll ,and SMBX tests):

If you want to make full screenshot of your level (big screenshot - screen of whole section) , just tell me via PM!

Veudekato
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Veudekato » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:27 am

in the new laboratory version you can zoom all.

(green screen its a problem of gif recorder)

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:31 am

Veudekato wrote:in the new laboratory version you can zoom all.
You forgot say, how do it:
But I will say:
For zoom, use the "Alt+MouseWheel"
Also, Ctrl+MouseWheel - scroll horisontal
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:04 am

Natsu wrote:By the way, I've thought of an awesome idea. Why don't we change the size limit indicator (for both World Map and Level) scanning the entire file for the last tile placed in the farther part of the level/world map? If you don't understand what I just tried to say I won't blame you, I have trouble trying to understand it myself. Instead of making you try to understand this I'll give you an example. Do you happen to know Mario Builder? It's another Mario game editing engine. On Level editing settings, the section will be as large as the coordinates of the farthest tile placed. For example, if the farthest tile I place in a level is located in X=546, the level size will go horizontally up to block 546. Got it now? I want to suggest you to do the same for the level editor and world map editor so we it's easier to manage level editing and world maps have actually an end instead of going forever like in SMBX.
Did you mean the scrollbar's sizes?
I'm understand problem with huge scrollbar's sensitivity because they scrolling around whole level/world map space. Also don't forget about united space for all level sections. Few time ago I was update scrolling by arrow key (available using shift for speed-up scrolling [also, step will be 32 pixels]) and mousewheel scrooling (vertical and Ctrl+MouseWheel - horisontal, MouseWheel scroll step is 128 pixels, and with shift key - 256 pixels)

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:40 am

Man, your work on making your own Editor System for SMBX is fantastic, even know it looks nearly completly different compared to the SMBX's Editor. I appreciate your work here and so on.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:55 am

bossedit8 wrote:Man, your work on making your own Editor System for SMBX is fantastic, even know it looks nearly completly different compared to the SMBX's Editor. I appreciate your work here and so on.
O, thanks, bossedit8 :D

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Natsu
Wart
Wart

Postby Natsu » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:57 am

Wohlstand wrote:Did you mean the scrollbar's sizes?
I'm understand problem with huge scrollbar's sensitivity because they scrolling around whole level/world map space. Also don't forget about united space for all level sections. Few time ago I was update scrolling by arrow key (available using shift for speed-up scrolling [also, step will be 32 pixels]) and mousewheel scrooling (vertical and Ctrl+MouseWheel - horisontal, MouseWheel scroll step is 128 pixels, and with shift key - 256 pixels)
No, I haven't said anything related to any scrollbar options. You got my point right at the beginning of your post though.

I meant the following. Let's say we have the following section for a level/world map.
But now we place a block/tile in the following position.
So the program automatically changes the size of the level section/world map section.
Discord quotes

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby h2643 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:22 am

I don't think this should be implemented, because sometimes you NEED to put some blocks off-screen and then by activating some event, the screen can expand to the point where those blocks are. I hope you understand this.

Natsu
Wart
Wart

Postby Natsu » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:28 am

h2643 wrote:I don't think this should be implemented, because sometimes you NEED to put some blocks off-screen and then by activating some event, the screen can expand to the point where those blocks are. I hope you understand this.
If that's the case only for the world map, you don't need worthless tiles.
Discord quotes

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:30 am

h2643, Natsu, this is a good idea can be implemented as additional tool, like "Overwrite mode". This will be is not enabled by default, this must be enabled when you enable special trigger, like square fill, line tool, etc. This feature will be named as "Auto-resize section".

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Natsu
Wart
Wart

Postby Natsu » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:41 am

Wohlstand wrote:h2643, Natsu, this is a good idea can be implemented as additional tool, like "Overwrite mode". This will be is not enabled by default, this must be enabled when you enable special trigger, like square fill, line tool, etc. This feature will be named as "Auto-resize section".
Love the name!
Discord quotes

Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”