PGE thread [Archive 2015-07-31]

Topics that have reached 100 pages.
Nexia
Bit
Bit

Re: My Research of SMBX

Postby Nexia » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:50 am

bossedit8 wrote:Man, your work on making your own Editor System for SMBX is fantastic, even know it looks nearly completly different compared to the SMBX's Editor. I appreciate your work here and so on.
Just wondering if you mean "nearly completly different" in a good way or bad way? I've heard some peeps say the visual design sucks.

It should be quite obvious by now that the PGW dev team is intent on improving the editor and accepts suggestions/feedback for improving things, including the visual design. That's why I'd love the people who think that visual design is lacking something, to actually come forward and voice their opinion/suggestions instead of just making it part of some argument that the editor isn't done properly in certain aspects.
I believe in blatant forum signature copypasta exploiting someone's religion as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
Discord username/ID: show
________#8888
Interesting ad.
Spoiler: show

Veudekato
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Veudekato » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:20 am

new video... i explain the easy way to resize block with this editor. (dont using notepad)

How to make Custom block with any size:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGk7lmmm ... 1wa3VkOs3Q
My channel (news about PlatGEnWohl , PlatGEnWohl tutorials,LunaDll ,and SMBX tests):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6h-42umT14iR1wa3VkOs3Q

If you want to make full screenshot of your level (big screenshot - screen of whole section) , just tell me via PM!

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:06 pm

I dont know if this is already implemented or planned, but could you do make an grid-alignment for both, the worldmap-editor and the level-editor, other than just that 32x32 one of SMBX?
I mean, there could be also a 16x16 one and a 2x2 one, so one dosn't need to place the tiles/NPCs/BGOs with such trouble, that people like me have. It also would prevent 1x1 placement errors then.

Please keep working on your project, as it is really a light of hope for the community, and also because already enough people cancelled their works on cool projects like this in the past, in my opinion :-).
I wish you a great succsess in the future with this. Good luck ^^.

愛している、ビアンカ!

Lua-rank:Image

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: 狐エンジニア

Postby Wohlstand » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:13 pm

Sednaiur wrote:I dont know if this is already implemented or planned, but could you do make an grid-alignment for both, the worldmap-editor and the level-editor, other than just that 32x32 one of SMBX?
I mean, there could be also a 16x16 one and a 2x2 one, so one dosn't need to place the tiles/NPCs/BGOs with such trouble, that people like me have. It also would prevent 1x1 placement errors then.

Please keep working on your project, as it is really a light of hope for the community, and also because already enough people cancelled their works on cool projects like this in the past, in my opinion :-).
I wish you a great succsess in the future with this. Good luck ^^.
Hi, the default grid size was defined here in the INI file: https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/ ... X/main.ini
Also each item can have own grid size (even in the SMBX items have own grid sizes). You can edit INI files and set difference grid sizes for some items.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Huge help documents update

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:36 pm

https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/ ... b935d972fc
Recently I made a huge update to the help documents for PGE Editor.
Now almost all the help information is available about the editor, including world map editing and help for additional tools like the LazyFixTool or GIFs2PNG.

You can read them online here:
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/_sources/ ... ditor.html

PNG2GIFs
Also the PNG2GIGs console tool is now available in the laboratory, it converts PNG images with their own transparency into the SMBX GIF format with a mask pair. This tool will be useful for graphics designers who are creating new sprites from scratch, it's able to save a lot of time for creating the mask image for your art. You can create the image without any difficulties with the transparency effects of the PNG format, along with being able to convert them into the SMBX GIF format for inserting the image in-game.
You can get them here (Static build, I.e. doesn't ask for DLL's):
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/_builds/P ... _Win32.zip

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Avarice
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Avarice » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:53 pm

I'm curious, now that the world map editor seems fairly done, what's the next landmark you're shooting for? I imagine that levels will be playable before entire games are. I look forward to the day i can go ahead and replace smbx with this. Also, as far as names for the final product go(You're looking for some, right?)I'd pick something related to platformers in general, not just mario.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Avarice wrote:I'm curious, now that the world map editor seems fairly done, what's the next landmark you're shooting for? I imagine that levels will be playable before entire games are. I look forward to the day i can go ahead and replace smbx with this. Also, as far as names for the final product go(You're looking for some, right?)I'd pick something related to platformers in general, not just mario.
Hi, my full project name is "Platformer Game Engine By Wohlstand" and shortly "PGE". But project have a codename, which used first time and using by others: "PlatGenWohl" or "PGW". With PGE, SMBX will have codename "SMBX/PGE" and for this project will be available two config packs:
- SMBX 1.3: this config pack have all current SMBX staff and fully compatible with exists SMBX's episodes. All saved levels/worlds will correctly work in the SMBX. This config will use GIF images with masks which same in the SMBX.
- SMBX Extended: this config pack is a successor of SMBX, will have new SMBX staff and exists staff will have fixed algorithms/frames/animations, etc. This config pack will not be compatible with old SMBX. I.e. your new episodes will not be work in the old SMBX, but you can use all new PGE's features. Also in this config will be used the PNG images with own transparency, and you can have the more beuteful sprites with using semi-transparency of PNG format.

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Mabel
Rex
Rex

Postby Mabel » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:25 pm

h2643 wrote:You don't need any text files. Yes, you can make background of any sizes and they will work perfectly in SMBX, it even works with backgrounds, which are animated, like this for example:
The height also can be different, but the sizes of the frames should be the same, or else it will glitch.
maybe it depends what i name it since they always look like this when i put them in...

this is just a BG with one frame

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:40 pm

In this case yes, you have replaced a BG that only can be extended to a certain size like the SMB3 overground+underground BG. Once it surpasses its allowed height, everything below or above that point with glitch like that. Replace the SMW Forest, SMB3 Clouds or even the Mystic Cave Z BG and it will be able to scroll vertically with no glitching like that. There are other BGs which have almost infinite vertical scrolling like the ones I suggested, but that is just to pint out a few good candidates.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

Mabel
Rex
Rex

Postby Mabel » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:57 am

Squishy Rex wrote:In this case yes, you have replaced a BG that only can be extended to a certain size like the SMB3 overground+underground BG. Once it surpasses its allowed height, everything below or above that point with glitch like that. Replace the SMW Forest, SMB3 Clouds or even the Mystic Cave Z BG and it will be able to scroll vertically with no glitching like that. There are other BGs which have almost infinite vertical scrolling like the ones I suggested, but that is just to pint out a few good candidates.
I tried all 3 of those and a few more and it still doesnt want to behave correctly

here's the actual background if you wanna take a look at it, maybe i did something else wrong...
http://puu.sh/b73dy/4dd29d93ca.rar

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:16 am

Mabel wrote:
Squishy Rex wrote:In this case yes, you have replaced a BG that only can be extended to a certain size like the SMB3 overground+underground BG. Once it surpasses its allowed height, everything below or above that point with glitch like that. Replace the SMW Forest, SMB3 Clouds or even the Mystic Cave Z BG and it will be able to scroll vertically with no glitching like that. There are other BGs which have almost infinite vertical scrolling like the ones I suggested, but that is just to pint out a few good candidates.
I tried all 3 of those and a few more and it still doesnt want to behave correctly

here's the actual background if you wanna take a look at it, maybe i did something else wrong...
You must to resize image to 600-pixels height. The background image must have height is at least height of screen (in the SMBX is screen height is a 600 pixels). I.e. minimal single-row background height is a 600 pixels. You can use any images for tiled backgrounds which repeating vertical.
Get back for test http://wohlnet.ru/sentfile/background2-19_resized.zip ;-)

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Mabel
Rex
Rex

Postby Mabel » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Mabel wrote:

You must to resize image to 600-pixels height. The background image must have height is at least height of screen (in the SMBX is screen height is a 600 pixels). I.e. minimal single-row background height is a 600 pixels. You can use any images for tiled backgrounds which repeating vertical.
Get back for test http://wohlnet.ru/sentfile/background2-19_resized.zip ;-)
and there lies the problem.
I tried resizing myself and comparing to yours and It worked, thanks

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:30 am

Ah, so that's why most of the backgrounds seem to effectively stop and then only use one colour. That solves that problem then.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

Avarice
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Avarice » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:22 pm

So, what will you work on next?

Kevsoft
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Kevsoft » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:14 am

Getting tilesets to work ;)

CreatorForce
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby CreatorForce » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:00 am

There's a timer of not on your engine ?

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:13 am

Pivot40Channel wrote:There's a timer of not on your engine ?
Hi, you can check the LVLX file specification, almost all future engine's features listed in them (see the markers section of document).
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/_PGE/File ... iption.pdf
Timer will be ;-)

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

SMBXRaptor
Rex
Rex

Postby SMBXRaptor » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:24 am

I REALY F*KIN LOVE THIS!!! CAN YOU MAKE MULTI SELECT? MY IDEA
Image Image Image Image Image Image

sorry for bad english , im have some psyhical problems..sorry..

Veudekato
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Veudekato » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:28 am

editor can make multi select..from first version...
My channel (news about PlatGEnWohl , PlatGEnWohl tutorials,LunaDll ,and SMBX tests):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6h-42umT14iR1wa3VkOs3Q

If you want to make full screenshot of your level (big screenshot - screen of whole section) , just tell me via PM!

CreatorForce
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby CreatorForce » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:29 am

Wohlstand wrote:
Pivot40Channel wrote:There's a timer of not on your engine ?
Hi, you can check the LVLX file specification, almost all future engine's features listed in them (see the markers section of document).
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/_PGE/File ... iption.pdf
Timer will be ;-)
One thing what about star ?

Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”